Author Topic: What size board should i get  (Read 1133 times)

simonshredsss

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 0
What size board should i get
« on: April 23, 2018, 06:34:27 AM »
So. Heres my problem. I have been skating on and off for about three summers now, and my board is all beat to hell now and totally razor tailed. So im going to buy a new deck soon, but the thing is that I have grown about 3 inches and a shoes size since i got my skateboar i have now. It is a size 7.5 deck, and being that I am now 5 foot one and a shoe size seven, what deck size should i get? also, if i get a bigger size, will i need to buy new trucks

Beeker

• Rep: 41
Re: What size board should i get
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2018, 07:25:12 AM »
7.5 have become somewhat rare over the years. Maybe you could just go with the more common 7.75, then you probably won't need to get new trucks.

There's no rule though, you have to just figure out what you want/need. I would personally recommended 8-8.25 (probably 8 for you since you are smaller) because it's kinda like the new standard.

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 938
  • U neg cuz UR insecure-glad I got under your skin
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2018, 09:48:05 AM »
8" They will be easier to find.

patrick c.

• Rep: 23
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2018, 09:48:56 AM »
I would personally recommended 8-8.25 (probably 8 for you since you are smaller) because it's kinda like the new standard.
This.  Also if you have a skateshop nearby I'd highly recommend going there and comparing sizes(they'll usually let you stand on different decks to compare how they feel under your feet as well).  As far as trucks go the rule of thumb is that the width of the trucks should be within 0.25 inches of the width of the board.  I'd personally recommend 8.25 inch trucks like Independent 144s or Thunder 148s because that size will reasonably fit any deck between 8.00" and 8.5"(most skaters ride something in this range).
All you got is today, get out and skate.

simonshredsss

• Rep: 0
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2018, 11:45:47 AM »
8" They will be easier to find.
i found lots of 7.5 ones online