Author Topic: ADELANTE /// A DIEGO NÁJERA PART  (Read 7292 times)

DCLOVE

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -479
Re: ADELANTE /// A DIEGO NÁJERA PART
« Reply #30 on: April 24, 2018, 03:06:14 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
remember when filmers used to follow the skaters...

is this progressive filming? a comment on chasing your dreams?  the industry is trash for backing this fool. another motherfucker who isnt that good getting paid.

i liked the busenitz clips
[close]

A theme?

Remember when there was a rider page on the huf site for Donta Hill for like a day?
[close]

Was gonna ask about that. Anyone ever figure out what was happening there?
[close]

yeah, he got on adidas
[close]

But he had been in adidas already and had just popped up on the site, his pic on the page even had him in adidas. I was kind of thinking Huf was gonna try and do a straight clothing line with a different team. Still that was random. It’s not like there was footage of him in hufs before hand or anything.

As for Nora I get it with the Olympics and she’s obviously the most personable face for female skating but shit, I wish it wasn’t just for show on the sponsors part. It shouldn’t be a big thing girls skate. We have the best community and as much as us jaded bastards talk shit on the internet we know it’s all Love and we have these companies taking advantage of it for some stupid competition we never asked to be a part of. Ehh whatever. Video was dope, I’m gonna go Skate , hope y’all have a great day.
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

streetsoup

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -32
« Reply #31 on: April 24, 2018, 03:13:43 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
remember when filmers used to follow the skaters...

is this progressive filming? a comment on chasing your dreams?  the industry is trash for backing this fool. another motherfucker who isnt that good getting paid.

i liked the busenitz clips
[close]

A theme?

Remember when there was a rider page on the huf site for Donta Hill for like a day?
[close]

Was gonna ask about that. Anyone ever figure out what was happening there?
[close]

yeah, he got on adidas
[close]
[close]

But he had been in adidas already and had just popped up on the site, his pic on the page even had him in adidas. I was kind of thinking Huf was gonna try and do a straight clothing line with a different team. Still that was random. It’s not like there was footage of him in hufs before hand or anything.

As for Nora I get it with the Olympics and she’s obviously the most personable face for female skating but shit, I wish it wasn’t just for show on the sponsors part. It shouldn’t be a big thing girls skate. We have the best community and as much as us jaded bastards talk shit on the internet we know it’s all Love and we have these companies taking advantage of it for some stupid competition we never asked to be a part of. Ehh whatever. Video was dope, I’m gonna go Skate , hope y’all have a great day.

theblandest

• Rep: 12
« Reply #32 on: April 24, 2018, 03:24:34 PM »
I get that this an Adidas video but it felt like Colin was trying to touch Diego's shoes with the camera in all those line clips.

stephop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -377
« Reply #33 on: April 24, 2018, 03:28:43 PM »
Buck Em down remix was good...

coyote2425

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 128
« Reply #34 on: April 24, 2018, 04:21:14 PM »
I appreciated the different perspective, especially the Boozentits clips. Daewon is forever pardoned.

Diego's tricks are sick. Diego's kits are not.

streetsoup

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #35 on: April 24, 2018, 04:41:09 PM »
Kinda liked the filming but just this once god dammit. 

dirty ol man

• Rep: 46
« Reply #36 on: April 24, 2018, 04:48:28 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
remember when skateboarders looked like skateboarders and not like football players?
damn how i miss 90s era and moments when people started skating because skateboarders looked cool...
[close]

Oh you mean the 90s when everyone was skating in jerseys and Nautica and Air Force Ones? When Four Star was making team jerseys, skate shoes got bigger and puffier than basketball shoes, and the DC SuperTour was going on?
[close]
Hahahaha perfect response

bahaha! blending some sub era's but hilarious.

seriously i rewound nora's line. what the fuuuuuuuck was that? i hope she doesn't have that much of a problem with gravity.

stoked diego went for the switch front 3 flip at the end instead of a switch hard. that ground is dry as a bone you can't squeak around.

WELL execute concept first part regardless.

MintySandwhich

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -128
« Reply #37 on: April 24, 2018, 04:54:34 PM »
yeahhhhhh, love nora, but that line was pretty weak..

Diego is definitely skilled. Although, I think the reason alot of people (including myself) don't really care for him is because he doesn't have any light of personality or flare to make him seem like a person I would wanna hang out with. He's a little stale.

Also, that was a man sized back noseblunt made easy.

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 282
« Reply #38 on: April 24, 2018, 05:33:16 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Damn that dude good.  Nora’s street clip makes Me like her less. Kinda getting sick of her as token Skate girl. I like Lizzie more.

I need a full donta part soon. I gotta feeling he could be huge and Reynolds made a misstep focusing on that mouth breather Zach Allen.
[close]

The only reason she’s the token girl is because other sponsors aren’t featuring their female riders more.  No reason Lizzie couldn’t have a trick in Spinning Away.   

Nora’s selling point is that she’s pretty charismatic and that makes a lot of people/younger girls really dig her and why her sponsors want to her.

Also, didn’t mind that reverse filming, but it made everyone seem like they were skating soo slow
[close]
The reason everyone is grabbing all the girl skaters is for a the olympics sports must be mens/womens so basically all 5 of the major girl pros right now will be in the Olympics. Companies are downplaying this shit, but obviously it's a big deal, Nora, Lizzie, Samarria, leticia, and Lacey Baker will all be in the Olympics. So most of the major shoe companies have their bases covered Lacey and Leticia on Nike, Nora on Adidas, Lizzie on Vans and Samarria on Etnies.

What do some of you people think the Olympics are and it’s level of impact on society?   Republicans are more level headed about illegal immigrants.

IHOP

« Reply #39 on: April 24, 2018, 06:18:41 PM »
Loved it, fits and all

Dark Knight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 363
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #40 on: April 24, 2018, 10:31:40 PM »
Diego is the shit.  Some of you are tripping, for real.

Owen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 296
    • My Photos avatar image
« Reply #41 on: April 24, 2018, 11:14:41 PM »
I liked the tailslide to fakie and then quick and casual sw fs heel up the 4 stair.

Front on filming made the skaters look soooooooo slllloooooowww
Jorts
Anklets
Rat tails
Sling shots
Toe rings
Shuv it tail grabs
Jump ramps

Mystical Leader

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -130
« Reply #42 on: April 25, 2018, 12:34:31 AM »
With front filming you can see the fits better..

KoRnholio8

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1466
  • SkateMagArchive
    • SkateMagArchive avatar image
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #43 on: April 25, 2018, 01:39:14 AM »
we should start a gofundme to buy PROs some right length pants, it breaks my heart to see them suffer like this

Horsemeat

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rep: 5
« Reply #44 on: April 25, 2018, 07:13:08 AM »
I thought front filming was pretty cool, something different.

Really like diego’s skating. To me he’s in the same category as Yuto horigome and Bobby dekeyzer. crazy consistent, super pop, tech.

Everyone hates on him and Yuto tho. I get the lack of personality, but Bobby D has only started to show some personality, and people love him. I like all of them a lot.

doomstation55

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 865
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • [b]TEAM DOOM MS 2018[/b] avatar image
« Reply #45 on: April 25, 2018, 07:30:05 AM »
To be fair I was a fan of Bobby Dekeyzer ever since he was on that MTV reality show where his mom paid James Craig and others to come to his birthday party. Also when he left DC because they made fun of him for liking Harry Potter.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #46 on: April 25, 2018, 07:59:45 AM »
To be fair I was a fan of Bobby Dekeyzer ever since he was on that MTV reality show where his mom paid James Craig and others to come to his birthday party. Also when he left DC because they made fun of him for liking Harry Potter.

I thought he left DC because he hated wearing DCs.

Stoop Kid 2.0

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -312
  • I still fucking hate hipsters.
« Reply #47 on: April 25, 2018, 08:25:45 AM »
Nora is cool and all but she looks like Mitch Kramer from Dazed and Confused in that clip

pointandclick

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 243
« Reply #48 on: April 25, 2018, 09:07:45 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

this and it seemed like they let him have a lot of freedom with colorways and trips but he just wasnt down. probably liked the money though.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #49 on: April 25, 2018, 09:09:08 AM »
Nora is cool and all but she looks like Mitch Kramer from Dazed and Confused in that clip

Perfect

WarmUpZone

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 446
  • I hope God makes you break your leg.
    • the Warm Up Zone - watching skate videos over and over avatar image
« Reply #50 on: April 25, 2018, 10:08:57 AM »
Not feeling this part at all. Diego seems like just redo of Felipe Gustavo, whom I've never been impressed with.
And I definitely don't enjoy looking at those whispy track suit pants riding up every trick. This guy needs to dress a little less comfortably.
Warm Up Zone. Let's watch some skateboarding videos.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #51 on: April 25, 2018, 10:17:08 AM »
Did anyone look below the pants and see the skateboarding?

streetsoup

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #52 on: April 25, 2018, 10:18:41 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
this and it seemed like they let him have a lot of freedom with colorways and trips but he just wasnt down. probably liked the money though.

Is there an interview anywhere where he talks about this?

thebacker

« Reply #53 on: April 25, 2018, 10:27:53 AM »
Not feeling this part at all. Diego seems like just redo of Felipe Gustavo, whom I've never been impressed with.
And I definitely don't enjoy looking at those whispy track suit pants riding up every trick. This guy needs to dress a little less comfortably.

You’re fucking fried my dude

pointandclick

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 243
« Reply #54 on: April 25, 2018, 10:31:02 AM »
agreed.

Tyroneshoelaces

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -597
  • who knows
« Reply #55 on: April 25, 2018, 11:24:30 AM »
remember when skateboarders looked like skateboarders and not like football players?
damn how i miss 90s era and moments when people started skating because skateboarders looked cool...

he literally looks like he is out of 1997
where is home?

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #56 on: April 25, 2018, 01:30:25 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

Yeah I think in a thrasher

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -479
« Reply #57 on: April 25, 2018, 01:47:57 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

Yeah I think in a thrasher

Yeah he said it was both the team being wack to him and hating the shoes. Which is understandable because their new retro line shows they can’t make enough of their modern shoe that they need to bring back 5 old shoes just to survive. And funnily enough everyone’s already over the sabotage dudes, so this will flop too.
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

CRAILFISH TO REVERT

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 506
« Reply #58 on: April 25, 2018, 06:03:01 PM »
2014 called..it wants its shoe filmer back! heeyoooooooo!

Iceman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 433
« Reply #59 on: April 25, 2018, 06:07:28 PM »
for me i find the trick to enjoying modern skating is trying to ignore everyone's fashion fads

it's not the filming from the front that makes it look slow, it's the lack of fisheye

I get that this an Adidas video but it felt like Colin was trying to touch Diego's shoes with the camera in all those line clips.
except colin only filmed the intro, not diego's part