Author Topic: Westworld  (Read 1051 times)

coyote2425

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 128
Westworld
« on: May 01, 2018, 12:33:25 PM »
Couldn't find a thread for this anywhere, so apologies if this is a duplicate.

Since we got that out of the way, who's watching? And what do you think of Season 2 so far?

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 254
  • tiger style
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Westworld
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2018, 04:14:22 PM »
Watching, really digging season 2 first episode. Still watching second episode. It feels like they are heading in a walking dead kind of direction with it.

CrumblingInfrastructure

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 289
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2018, 05:26:03 PM »
I was kinda hoping with the big reveal last season about the alternate timelines that they would stick to one for this season but after ep 2 I was fine with it. Definitely made me more intrigued on the whole back story behind Williams ascension to power and why he got the financial backing for the park. Also I am totally ready for some fucking samurais/ninjas.

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 525
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2018, 07:26:58 PM »
Season 1 was fantastic, i only watched for the first time a month or so ago practically a week before season 2 dropped, i dont have cable so ill have to wait for a home release again so im gonna avoid this thread like the plague

Grampa

• Rep: 143
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2018, 08:07:40 PM »
I was really into the first half of season 1, but I got fed up with the reliance on twists and other bullshit writing. Still finished watching it because I’m an idiot. And since I’m bored I started watching season 2. Pretty over it at this point.

I’d rather spend my time watching Barry.

coyote2425

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 128
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2018, 04:25:33 PM »
I was really into the first half of season 1, but I got fed up with the reliance on twists and other bullshit writing. Still finished watching it because I’m an idiot. And since I’m bored I started watching season 2. Pretty over it at this point.

I’d rather spend my time watching Barry.

I haven't checked this out yet, but Bill Hader can do no wrong, so I know I'll be into it.

At this point in WW Season 2, I just have too many questions.

Why do some hosts target humans while others don't?

How did the younger Delos end up back in the real world after William sent him off into the sunset in Season 1?

Also really want to know what's up with the other parks and their proximity/the geography of them in relation to the rest of the world.

woodsman

• Rep: 65
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2018, 05:26:15 PM »
I love this show but I’m definitely not getting everything in it. I would say that some hosts have achieved consciousness and others are led by them. I’m guessing the naked dude on the horse just got out of the park (he was a primary investor and they would be tracking where he was in the park). Jeffrey Wright is such a good actor and Rachel gives me wood. The name Dolores always makes me think of Seinfeld though. I can’t stop thinking about the shit about the Elaphants being chained to a stake since birth so they never thought to break free, this is a deep show and even if I can’t quite grasp the meaning of it at times I’m still enjoying the hell out of it........Bary is really good too.

Sad Hippo

« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2018, 11:15:41 PM »

CrumblingInfrastructure

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 289
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2018, 03:06:21 AM »
WU TANG

HugeBodBoyle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 685
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2018, 12:12:28 PM »
This scene was too good.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=7&v=__DEAK3AinM

From the comments-

"That shogun did not protect his neck"

hahahaha

I have been enjoying the show and I am eager to see if we are seeing Bernard as a remade Arnold (the little red ball he put in his pocket) or what.

redcurb12

• Rep: 29
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2018, 02:55:08 PM »
season 2 finally getting good. last episode was buck
Let me preface this post with the fact that I am slightly inebriated, very uneducated and I havent read any papers or done any research at all, or read your post really.

Peter Zagreus

• Rep: 85
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2018, 06:56:20 PM »
Sometimes, at about mid episode, I begin to get bored or feel like things are getting a bit tedious, but that seems to resolve itself by the end of the episode, when I realize that I'm compelled--like more compelled than with most other shows. I don't know that I've been authentically surprised yet in season 2, though.

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 787
« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2018, 07:24:43 PM »
season 2 is yawn city.  same with the Handmaid's Tale. 
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower