Author Topic: Seattle in summer  (Read 1975 times)

tzhangdox

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 518
Seattle in summer
« on: May 03, 2018, 02:23:25 AM »
I'll be in Seattle this summer from late May to early August, living in Capitol Hill a few blocks from 35th North, working in South Lake Union area, trying to skate frequently. Are there any low bust, not gnarly street spots around these areas? Would prefer that over parks.

I've also looked up skateparks and it seems like Seattle Center skatepark and Judkins aren't too far, any others that would be worth visiting? Only really skate ledges and mellow street shit.

How's the weather around that time in Seattle compared to SF?
« Last Edit: May 03, 2018, 02:28:13 AM by tzhangdox »

CrumblingInfrastructure

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 289
Re: Seattle in summer
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2018, 01:33:26 PM »
I'll be in Seattle this summer from late May to early August, living in Capitol Hill a few blocks from 35th North, working in South Lake Union area, trying to skate frequently. Are there any low bust, not gnarly street spots around these areas? Would prefer that over parks.

I've also looked up skateparks and it seems like Seattle Center skatepark and Judkins aren't too far, any others that would be worth visiting? Only really skate ledges and mellow street shit.

Weather is fucking dope in the Summer! Shorts and a tee 24/7.

Red Square is a plaza located at the UW that I hear is pretty dope. Never been/skated so I can't comment on the bust factor. Benefit park is spitting distance from my house and has some nice ledges and other shit. You can get there by hopping on the light rail going to Rainier beach station and taking the bus/walking up henderson hill. Also if your staying up by 35th you can go to Cal Anderson Park and theres always people skating one of the tennis courts. 35th/locals have built a lot of obstacles to skate there. Capitol Hill is a really awesome hub to live in while your here. I lived up there for 5 years and my husband lived there for 12 before we moved south. You can spend a whole day up there just skating the courts and grabbing a cheap burrito/taco at Rancho Bravo or Bimbos Cantina. Seattle Central Community College has some skate spots and is right next to Cal Anderson. Garfield is a pretty legendary school to skate here as well. Hope you have a good time here!

tzhangdox

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2018, 03:35:43 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Red Square is a plaza located at the UW that I hear is pretty dope. Never been/skated so I can't comment on the bust factor. Benefit park is spitting distance from my house and has some nice ledges and other shit. You can get there by hopping on the light rail going to Rainier beach station and taking the bus/walking up henderson hill. Also if your staying up by 35th you can go to Cal Anderson Park and theres always people skating one of the tennis courts. 35th/locals have built a lot of obstacles to skate there. Capitol Hill is a really awesome hub to live in while your here. I lived up there for 5 years and my husband lived there for 12 before we moved south. You can spend a whole day up there just skating the courts and grabbing a cheap burrito/taco at Rancho Bravo or Bimbos Cantina. Seattle Central Community College has some skate spots and is right next to Cal Anderson. Garfield is a pretty legendary school to skate here as well. Hope you have a good time here!

Is this the courts at Cal Anderson you're talking about?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=syGE8rmuTKo

If those ledges are there and it's no bust, that's perfect. Google maps'd it and its literally 2 blocks from my spot. Thanks for all the info!

CrumblingInfrastructure

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 289
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2018, 04:11:34 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=syGE8rmuTKo

If those ledges are there and it's no bust, that's perfect. Google maps'd it and its literally 2 blocks from my spot. Thanks for all the info!

Its zero bust but it's shared with people doing bike polo and shit. Most of the obstacles come and go but i'm sure there will be some ledge type shit if theres not already. If you have insta shoot me a dm and i'll give you my handle you can feel free to to message me on there and i'll try and answer any questions you got. I used to live two blocks from there too kiddie corner to where the light rail station is.

tzhangdox

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2018, 10:55:04 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

Its zero bust but it's shared with people doing bike polo and shit. Most of the obstacles come and go but i'm sure there will be some ledge type shit if theres not already. If you have insta shoot me a dm and i'll give you my handle you can feel free to to message me on there and i'll try and answer any questions you got. I used to live two blocks from there too kiddie corner to where the light rail station is.

Alright cheers will do if I have any more questions. Appreciate the help!

CRey

• Rep: 0
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2018, 08:51:50 PM »
Check out westlake center later in the day, there's a mellow granite ledge across the street from the Starbucks. It's a hit or miss bust wise, definitely an evening spot though. 2nd & Seneca has a decent ledge/3 stair outledge spot that I've never been kicked out of. There's tons of random cutty spots all along 2nd, 3rd, and 4th avenues. Hing Hay park in chinatown is a pretty interesting spot too, has a few manny pads and decent flatground, along with an iron angle flatbar thing. It's located a block away from the international district lightrail station. South lake union is under tons of development right now, and you're bound to find some brand new spots down there since you're working in the area. If you skate down the road with the mellow brick hill at seattle central, and follow it to Swedish medical center/Seattle university(10 blocks at max), theres another iron angle flatbar spot, which is one of my favorite spots in the cap hill area. In relation to the courts, 35th north has a bunch of features you can take there to skate, if you're willing to lug it 3 or 4 blocks and bring it back when you're done. Enjoy your trip to Seattle! It's one of the best places to skate in the summer!

Pappy Jones

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 152
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2018, 01:52:36 AM »
Working in South Lake Union huh? Hope you're not one of those Amazon guys AKA the largest gentrifying force in the city.

As people have mentioned Westlake Center downtown is cool; Easier to skate in the evenings and it's a blast to bomb Pine from Capitol Hill straight down there.

Lots of ledge/manny spots all over cap hill. Seattle Central College has some great stuff.

South Lake Union has tons of new amazing futuristic spots that look like they belong in Japan but everywhere has 24 security down there (Again, Amazon) but you can get lucky sometimes.

You'll love skating red square at UW. Huge open area to cruise with good flat ground, manuals, ledges, benches, stairs, a view of Mt. Rainier, and lots of cute girls walking around (or guys if you're into that).

Tons more everywhere but you'll have to explore for yourself. Friday nights are when the cal anderson courts pop off. Maybe see you around

tzhangdox

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2018, 05:48:37 PM »
Working in South Lake Union huh? Hope you're not one of those Amazon guys AKA the largest gentrifying force in the city.

As people have mentioned Westlake Center downtown is cool; Easier to skate in the evenings and it's a blast to bomb Pine from Capitol Hill straight down there.

Lots of ledge/manny spots all over cap hill. Seattle Central College has some great stuff.

South Lake Union has tons of new amazing futuristic spots that look like they belong in Japan but everywhere has 24 security down there (Again, Amazon) but you can get lucky sometimes.

You'll love skating red square at UW. Huge open area to cruise with good flat ground, manuals, ledges, benches, stairs, a view of Mt. Rainier, and lots of cute girls walking around (or guys if you're into that).

Tons more everywhere but you'll have to explore for yourself. Friday nights are when the cal anderson courts pop off. Maybe see you around

Sounds like there's a lot of shit to skate, hopefully I'll be able to check out most of those spots. Appreciate the inside scoop guys!