Author Topic: Boardslide to fakie on ledge?  (Read 2311 times)

Willie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 303
Boardslide to fakie on ledge?
« on: May 03, 2018, 03:43:54 AM »
I know boardslides on ledges are not a very cool trick but I'm not very cool and I do them because I have so few tricks. I think fakie looks a little better and more controlled.

Anyway, what's the secret to getting out of them fakie? Do you need pressure on your nose or is it a speed and momentum thing? Fakie out of a flatbar is easy but it doesn't seem to work the same way on ledges.

Jollyoli

• Rep: 91
Re: Boardslide to fakie on ledge?
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2018, 03:50:57 AM »
I like when folks go fast and do a cheeky fakie nose wheelie bump out.
Have to have slide through perpendicular to get that to work.
Hey, hey, hey. Don't be mean. We don't have to be mean because, remember, no matter where you go, there you are.

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 858
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2018, 11:14:46 AM »
I know boardslides on ledges are not a very cool trick but I'm not very cool and I do them because I have so few tricks. I think fakie looks a little better and more controlled.

Anyway, what's the secret to getting out of them fakie? Do you need pressure on your nose or is it a speed and momentum thing? Fakie out of a flatbar is easy but it doesn't seem to work the same way on ledges.

go faster and just turn to fakie. speed is the name of the game with this one.

alraunen

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 240
    • www.davidcampillo.net avatar image
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2018, 03:12:07 PM »
I usually press the nose a little bit, put my shoulders in that direction and the speed make the rest.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1567
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2018, 11:24:06 PM »
Yah you pivot and end up switch mannying it then you snap it off......if you ever muster enough skill you'll switch back 180 out...and come all the way around....

redcurb12

• Rep: 29
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2018, 02:14:58 PM »
shift your weight onto the truck ontop of the ledge and rotate your back shoulder toward the ledge
Let me preface this post with the fact that I am slightly inebriated, very uneducated and I havent read any papers or done any research at all, or read your post really.

streetsoup

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -32
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2018, 01:08:01 PM »
I wouldn't if I were you.

nsacantseethis

• Rep: -10
  • ya uh, no they cant.
    • nsacantseethis avatar image
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2018, 02:41:11 PM »
Yah you pivot and end up switch mannying it then you snap it off......if you ever muster enough skill you'll switch back 180 out...and come all the way around....
thats gotta be the most baller way to boardslide out there. especially on a ledge, not a rail.

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2018, 08:54:35 PM »
uh while your trying it try variations to feel more loose.   Like boardslide to fakie nosegrind 180 to forward.  Or halfcab into the board to fakie.  Whatever it is you need to press your wheels while your boardsliding so that they make noise and with then more pressure so you go from sliding your front wheels to a switch manual off. I'm into ledge tricks like this cause you don't need any pop really.
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

Skate_lurker_Rob

• Rep: -48
  • Do it yourself or someone else will fuck it up!
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2018, 03:20:12 PM »

speed and shoulders, i know it sounds corny but when sliding and ready to dismount turn shoulders and have your stance hunkered over the board so you dont slip out own that shit! it feels sick if you do it with no tic tacs and fast
Sic Gorgiamus Allos Subjectatos Nunc

PPPPFFFFFFFFFFFTTTTT I fart on your pillow bare ass

Chapingro

• Rep: 8
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2018, 12:17:42 AM »
My habit with boardslide to fakie on ledge is to sort of do a fakie ollie out of it, even though the board doesn't necessarily touch the ground during the "fakie ollie."