Author Topic: Milking it  (Read 21599 times)

Billy Bitchcakes

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 476
  • Q U I T E S T Y L I S H
Re: Milking it
« Reply #90 on: May 10, 2018, 11:17:59 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Gino made an entire career of milking it.
[close]

Haha I don't know about entire career, but yeah that dude is the biggest milker in the game. But, if people wanted to pay me to do shitty easy tricks and push I would happily accept.
[close]

You're a fucking idiot, go to the stairs he kickfliped over the channel at roslyn banks or go to stonybrook university and see those fucking bank to ledges he switch nose slid then talk you fuck. Also, you got switch inward heel manny you piece of shit???

that was over 15 years ago. you know what this thread's about, right?
During sex to prevent myself from ejaculating I think about Osama Bin Laden running my dick through a sewing machine.

calvinsdream

« Reply #91 on: May 10, 2018, 11:34:40 AM »
Crailtap minus a couple chocolate dudes and even that feels generous

FS-OverKOOK

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 45
« Reply #92 on: May 10, 2018, 11:37:39 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Brian Hansen "slash" after the deathwish wasted the shit out of his prime, also david Gonzalez after he won sotu in 2012 has been slacking so hard. Waste of potential!
[close]
Pretty sure David Gonzalez has been constantly injured/permanently broken since that part.
[close]

Yeah he's had a few Injuries but not enough to warrant this lack of footage for 5.5 years, in transition part for the berrics was good though
[close]
Last thing I remember seein of Dah-veed was a huge kickflip gap into the Santa Ana river, the one Chalmers ollied some years ago... One time riding a bike through there on the way to the train station I witnessed a BMXer clear the gap in front of me, rode a bit more got off his bike, then proceeded to tag up the wall in a line. I l chuckled... It's massive and flippin your board into that is nuts but that was some years ago at least.
that was 2014 and it was insane. If you catch wheelbite on that KF, you die.

fs overkrook

« Reply #93 on: May 10, 2018, 11:45:47 AM »
Expand Quote
Brian Hansen "slash" after the deathwish wasted the shit out of his prime, also david Gonzalez after he won sotu in 2012 has been slacking so hard. Waste of potential!
[close]
slash skates every single day and is always learning new shit. It’s actually awesome to watch him skate. So I wouldn’t say he’s milking it.

BobbyPshew

• Rep: -61
« Reply #94 on: May 11, 2018, 06:31:48 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Borra forever..The last year of Sza on Baker.
Mike V on every company he rode for that he didn't own post 1993.
[close]

I disagree.. he was killing it on all those Tony Hawk tours, you'd be crazy to say he was milking it.

I'd say he fell off around 2012
[close]
Mike V defs not milking it

that was 2012 so you're probs right Bobby. I still love me some Mike V though but yeah, a weird choice for the milking dept. dude always has/ always will do his own thing. Mike V in 2018 is my fav Mike V

There's more than one way to milk the skateboard industry and starting company after company, only to focus them and dip within six months, is one of 'em.
I'll change my year zero for him milking his career to whenever it was he left Element.
Yeah, 2010 when ESPN interviewed him:
ESPN.com: Tell me about Element and why you left.
Mike Vallely: Well, the reason I left Element is because I am starting my own skateboard company. I have taken a stab at it a couple of times...
No! Really?!
I do like me some Mike V, but just in small doses.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2018, 06:36:28 AM by BobbyPshew »
Ron Don's Playpen-Home Of The $2 Lap Dance

eyodu

• Rep: -35
« Reply #95 on: May 11, 2018, 09:48:41 AM »
KENNY FUCKING ANDERSON

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 978
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #96 on: May 11, 2018, 10:36:24 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Not getting any better or worse. Just filming the same shit in different videos. You know what you’re going to get before you watch it.
Spanky Spanly Big Bank Spank is right at the top of my list
[close]
[close]

Joslin?

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 113
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #97 on: May 12, 2018, 05:56:15 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

I disagree.. he was killing it on all those Tony Hawk tours, you'd be crazy to say he was milking it.

[close]

that was 2012 so you're probs right Bobby. I still love me some Mike V though but yeah, a weird choice for the milking dept. dude always has/ always will do his own thing. Mike V in 2018 is my fav Mike V
[close]

There's more than one way to milk the skateboard industry and starting company after company, only to focus them and dip within six months, is one of 'em.
I'll change my year zero for him milking his career to whenever it was he left Element.
Mike Vallely: Well, the reason I left Element is because I am starting my own skateboard company. I have taken a stab at it a couple of times...
No! Really?!

BUT street plant has been going for a while now, has a cool image, nice boards and it finally feels like he has found his place. Yes, he went through some wack arse phases but I think 2018 Mike V is truly at peace with himself and I can’t hate on that.

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

SkateChimney

• Rep: -29
« Reply #98 on: May 17, 2018, 08:30:17 AM »
KEVIN TERPENING

Robert Baratheon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 40
« Reply #99 on: May 17, 2018, 08:39:24 AM »

SkateChimney

• Rep: -29
« Reply #100 on: May 17, 2018, 09:01:44 AM »

Robert Baratheon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 40
« Reply #101 on: May 17, 2018, 09:17:57 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
KEVIN TERPENING
[close]

No.
[close]

That you, Dill?

Robert is the true steel. Not a fucking pickle.

I-HATE-YOU

• Rep: -35
« Reply #102 on: June 11, 2018, 02:17:23 PM »
Not getting any better or worse. Just filming the same shit in different videos. You know what you’re going to get before you watch it.
Spanky is right at the top of my list

Manny Santiago - every video part he has ever done has the same few tricks. Test it yourself. Watch his recent one and watch one from 6 years ago. Same with his contest tricks. All the same.

driller

« Reply #103 on: June 11, 2018, 03:18:33 PM »
DON NGUYEN & TERRY KENNEDY

I sniff Jim Gagne's butthole all the time

• Rep: -156
« Reply #104 on: June 11, 2018, 04:11:05 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

No! Really?!
[close]

BUT street plant has been going for a while now, has a cool image, nice boards and it finally feels like he has found his place. Yes, he went through some wack arse phases but I think 2018 Mike V is truly at peace with himself and I can’t hate on that.
]
muska said 'the definition of skateboarding is doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result.
[i'm doubtful that mike v has achieved transcendence or a solvent company.

pugmaster

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1576
  • Overweight and Underprepared
« Reply #105 on: June 11, 2018, 05:11:32 PM »
I thought it would have been super awkward to be Daniel Castillo when Cory Kennedy got on.  Cory put out 10 minute parts, which probably exceeded all of the footage throughout Daniel's career.
"...We got the nuclear worm over here..."

Never forget:
Rusty_Berrings, 360 frip, Yapple Dapple, Bubblegum Tate

Skate_lurker_Rob

• Rep: -48
  • Do it yourself or someone else will fuck it up!
« Reply #106 on: June 12, 2018, 08:42:02 AM »
Andy Roy= Goon junkie meathead who is halfassed at best
Penny- he is rad but ancient and hasn't had a decent part in forever
 Alot of the dudes I mention are super rad and tech or mind blowing but do they deserve the same status nawww move on or take a backseat trip.
I know alot og people are going to get butthurt Cardiel he is done, his back is jacked and barely can skate hang it up and run 18
TNT- met him at a party in Oakland and at 1st KOTR in Carbondale Co snubbed me and tried to make me and my homies look stupid, told him to go fuck himself almost swung friend stopped me but he talked shit I would love to get a good teeth rattler on him total fucking idiot smug prick whom I don't mind swinging at again.

Duffel- he is sick and whatever else is his own business however totally stagnant at Foundation which also leads me to Fellers kinda just there.
Sic Gorgiamus Allos Subjectatos Nunc

PPPPFFFFFFFFFFFTTTTT I fart on your pillow bare ass

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1303
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #107 on: June 12, 2018, 09:06:30 AM »
You know Duffel put out a pretty sick part this year right? In addition to having tricks in Purple?
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 857
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #108 on: June 12, 2018, 09:06:59 AM »
I thought it would have been super awkward to be Daniel Castillo when Cory Kennedy got on.  Cory put out 10 minute parts, which probably exceeded all of the footage throughout Daniel's career.

has there ever been a shorter skater with a longer career than daniel castillo?

BobbyPshew

• Rep: -61
« Reply #109 on: June 12, 2018, 09:16:14 AM »
Does someone fall under the definition of milking it, if there is demand for their board and it's selling well?
Are people worthy of having a pro models for what they have done, achieved and given, and what they represent, instead of pumping out lots of content?
« Last Edit: June 12, 2018, 09:18:08 AM by BobbyPshew »
Ron Don's Playpen-Home Of The $2 Lap Dance

Allen.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 714
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #110 on: June 12, 2018, 09:32:26 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

No! Really?!
[close]

[close]
]
muska said 'the definition of skateboarding is doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result. “what up tree?”
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

Skate_lurker_Rob

• Rep: -48
  • Do it yourself or someone else will fuck it up!
« Reply #111 on: June 12, 2018, 01:20:57 PM »
You know Duffel put out a pretty sick part this year right? In addition to having tricks in Purple?
I didn't know and thank you for informing me......
Sic Gorgiamus Allos Subjectatos Nunc

PPPPFFFFFFFFFFFTTTTT I fart on your pillow bare ass

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1303
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #112 on: June 12, 2018, 01:26:47 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

You betcha. I really dug the Thrasher part. Hope you get something out of it too.
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

MOUNTAIN

• Rep: 211
« Reply #113 on: June 12, 2018, 01:30:13 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

David Reyes? David Gonzales?
We used to skate on a sculpture by Henry Moore. Good times.

Dwyck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 150
  • Harley-Davidson Ironwing
« Reply #114 on: June 12, 2018, 01:46:17 PM »

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

David Reyes? David Gonzales?

adrian lopez
Regular stance is a mental disorder defined by the DSM-5

butterballs for jerry

• Rep: -56
« Reply #115 on: June 12, 2018, 01:48:19 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Pretty sure him getting blasted with a shotgun got him on chocolate for life. I don't know if he has a salary or just gets board royalties  (or is part owner at this point?) But there's no way he can be making more than like 500$ a month from chocolate
I was standing staring at the world, and I still can't see it

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1958
« Reply #116 on: June 12, 2018, 03:58:17 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

You betcha. I really dug the Thrasher part. Hope you get something out of it too.

According to social media posts looks like he's already on his way to another part later this year as well. Plus in his prime he was putting out more parts in a year than some people have in their entire careers, so I think he deserves a little slack.

mclovin1336

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 75
« Reply #117 on: June 13, 2018, 05:54:23 AM »
out of the younger guys, curren caples comes to my mind? die he has a part lately? i thinks he kinda milking it if your compare him to louie for example.

sean pablo seems to do the same tricks over and over again (not in the good way), so in this way he's milking it. i found it hilarious when bobby did an impossible over that flatgap in 'purple' and sean pablo was filmed afterwards and i couldt help but think he's looking a little envious at bobby for doing one of his signature tricks on a decent gap.

i wouldnt say dollin is milking it, because he's on tours and trying to get tricks eating shit like a maniac. sammy baca had a few decent tricks in the cons video that i liked.

malcomhesh

• Rep: -1
« Reply #118 on: June 13, 2018, 06:22:02 AM »
sean pablo seems to do the same tricks over and over again (not in the good way), so in this way he's milking it. i found it hilarious when bobby did an impossible over that flatgap in 'purple' and sean pablo was filmed afterwards and i couldt help but think he's looking a little envious at bobby for doing one of his signature tricks on a decent gap.
Also noticed this. His tricks are done well but predictable.

Sidenote when seeing the thread title I expected to see more on dudes who milked their contracts like a lot of early nike riders. Or dudes with fake over-stee on basic tricks.

CHOW

• Rep: -6
  • ice like winnipeg
« Reply #119 on: June 13, 2018, 07:16:06 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Jason Jessee had a thirtysomething year career and he's maybe 5'4". Not sure if Little Daniel is shorter, but Jessee might be the benchmark.