Author Topic: Milking it  (Read 21555 times)

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -42
Re: Milking it
« Reply #120 on: June 13, 2018, 07:26:25 AM »
I was hyped Devine Calloway was skating again, was a fan in the early 00s but haven't seen anything worth a damn the whole time he's been on primitive.

Devine's clips in never are legit.
You can throw me on the double kink box and then watch the hate ignored like Constitution by the congressmen

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1240
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #121 on: June 13, 2018, 08:03:38 AM »
Louie Bartletta. Tilt Mode Man Down is one of my favorite videos and he seems like a nice guy, but I think I’d be fine if he never released any more footage. 

At the time I thought his skating was really refreshing and creative, but now it just seems gimmicky.  I sadly feel the same way about enjoi.  For the past 10+ years it just keeps getting more and more of a hollowed-out husk of it’s former self.

Along those same lines, not sure if he still skates, but I get physically sick to my stomach whenever I see Ritchie Jackson. 
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

FS-OverKOOK

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 42
« Reply #122 on: June 13, 2018, 08:26:47 AM »
Louie Bartletta. Tilt Mode Man Down is one of my favorite videos and he seems like a nice guy, but I think I’d be fine if he never released any more footage. 

At the time I thought his skating was really refreshing and creative, but now it just seems gimmicky.  I sadly feel the same way about enjoi.  For the past 10+ years it just keeps getting more and more of a hollowed-out husk of it’s former self.

Along those same lines, not sure if he still skates, but I get physically sick to my stomach whenever I see Ritchie Jackson.
He runs Enjoi. So that means he has a job and skates. Not sure if that qualifies as milking it.

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1240
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #123 on: June 13, 2018, 08:31:03 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
He runs Enjoi. So that means he has a job and skates. Not sure if that qualifies as milking it.

It’s one of those “chicken or the egg?” kind of things.  A paradox.  A quandary.
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

Matthew_James

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -191
« Reply #124 on: June 13, 2018, 11:23:33 AM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0GpqqRZgNo
how come this hasn't been posted yet?
solid gnar to whoever made that video

This doesn’t count because he hasn’t been paid to skateboard in almost a decade.
At least when you're a washed-out hipster douchebag in NY, you can milk it at some decent looking, hard to skate spots. In LA you're just a tan-lined faggot in a school yard somewhere.

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1963
« Reply #125 on: June 13, 2018, 09:00:16 PM »

You’re tripping. Louie’s put out lots of timeless parts and seems like an all around good dude. He does a lot of novelty tricks, but he also does a lot of really hard tricks. I don’t see Richie Jackson switch back smithing handrails. Louis balanced his quirkiness with undeniably solid skating and doesn’t get nearly enough credit for it.

Also, he runs enjoi now and has even said that he’s stepping down to give the younger guys some shine, which is a real classy move in an industry fueled by narcissism.

Body Double

« Reply #126 on: June 13, 2018, 09:08:59 PM »
I think this perceived notion that a skateboarder is milking it because we don't see 'video parts' from them is severely out dated. Commitments to sponsors these days is not what it was 10 years ago.

FS-OverKOOK

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #127 on: June 13, 2018, 11:18:15 PM »
Andy Roy= Goon junkie meathead who is halfassed at best
Penny- he is rad but ancient and hasn't had a decent part in forever
 Alot of the dudes I mention are super rad and tech or mind blowing but do they deserve the same status nawww move on or take a backseat trip.
I know alot og people are going to get butthurt Cardiel he is done, his back is jacked and barely can skate hang it up and run 18
TNT- met him at a party in Oakland and at 1st KOTR in Carbondale Co snubbed me and tried to make me and my homies look stupid, told him to go fuck himself almost swung friend stopped me but he talked shit I would love to get a good teeth rattler on him total fucking idiot smug prick whom I don't mind swinging at again.

Duffel- he is sick and whatever else is his own business however totally stagnant at Foundation which also leads me to Fellers kinda just there.
Donnie, you're out of your element!! Penny and Cardiel are gifts to skateboarding and should be respek'd as such. There's a reason they're still relevant 25 years later and I doubt whomever you want to take the spot on team will be talked about in 25. They also move a lot of product. Calmer than you are.

boyan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 70
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #128 on: June 14, 2018, 01:29:03 AM »
Expand Quote
 Alot of the dudes I mention are super rad and tech or mind blowing but do they deserve the same status nawww move on or take a backseat trip.
I know alot og people are going to get butthurt Cardiel he is done, his back is jacked and barely can skate hang it up and run 18
TNT- met him at a party in Oakland and at 1st KOTR in Carbondale Co snubbed me and tried to make me and my homies look stupid, told him to go fuck himself almost swung friend stopped me but he talked shit I would love to get a good teeth rattler on him total fucking idiot smug prick whom I don't mind swinging at again.

Duffel- he is sick and whatever else is his own business however totally stagnant at Foundation which also leads me to Fellers kinda just there.
[close]
Donnie, you're out of your element!! Penny and Cardiel are gifts to skateboarding and should be respek'd as such. There's a reason they're still relevant 25 years later and I doubt whomever you want to take the spot on team will be talked about in 25. They also move a lot of product. Calmer than you are.

These days it's very hard to really tell who's milking it and who's not. For one, I don't think "having a decent part in forever" counts as it did a few years back. I hear Penny is really nice when you meet him in person and still skates a ton, so in his surroundings, he is still very influential even if it's not on a publicly media-endorsed scales.

As for SneakySecrets who brought up Louie Barletta: Louie rips just as hard as ever and still puts out a ton of footage, albeit in the classical way via video parts. I don't rewatch a lot of newer videos and specific parts, because they're not memorable, but his Enjoi Oververt part which is quite recent (2016) is one that I frequently look up to get me hyped.

FS-OverKOOK

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #129 on: June 14, 2018, 07:11:04 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

These days it's very hard to really tell who's milking it and who's not. For one, I don't think "having a decent part in forever" counts as it did a few years back. I hear Penny is really nice when you meet him in person and still skates a ton, so in his surroundings, he is still very influential even if it's not on a publicly media-endorsed scales.

As for SneakySecrets who brought up Louie Barletta: Louie rips just as hard as ever and still puts out a ton of footage, albeit in the classical way via video parts. I don't rewatch a lot of newer videos and specific parts, because they're not memorable, but his Enjoi Oververt part which is quite recent (2016) is one that I frequently look up to get me hyped.
TP has NEVER tried to be a footage whore. He is an artist who skates and could give a shit if someone else sees it.

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #130 on: June 14, 2018, 07:31:49 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]
TP has NEVER tried to be a footage whore. He is an artist who skates and could give a shit if someone else sees it.
So true. His ssfsf down Carlsbad, he had already done that sans camera and only did it again because he wanted to not to get it on film. All the stuff over the chain in Hi5 was only videoed because the photographer there that day realised it was historic and put the photo camera down to capture it. There's a lot of stories about him doing insane shit with no cameras present.

I sniff Jim Gagne's butthole all the time

• Rep: -156
« Reply #131 on: June 14, 2018, 02:44:03 PM »
wish sweet lou would continue filming and fire his team.

Deer Tick Latte

• Rep: 0
« Reply #132 on: June 14, 2018, 10:20:18 PM »
The correct answer is Stevie Williams

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #133 on: June 15, 2018, 05:30:15 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

You’re tripping. Louie’s put out lots of timeless parts and seems like an all around good dude. He does a lot of novelty tricks, but he also does a lot of really hard tricks. I don’t see Richie Jackson switch back smithing handrails. Louis balanced his quirkiness with undeniably solid skating and doesn’t get nearly enough credit for it.

Also, he runs enjoi now and has even said that he’s stepping down to give the younger guys some shine, which is a real classy move in an industry fueled by narcissism.
This is true, but the downside is he's running Enjoi into the ground.
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

TheDraught

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -65249
  • Team -65K
« Reply #134 on: June 16, 2018, 09:07:43 AM »
I'm not going to say he's milking it because I love his skating and style.

But solely based on the amount of footage he has put out over the years and the way he talks I get the feeling Justin Eldridge is one of the laziest dudes in skateboarding.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #135 on: June 16, 2018, 09:38:55 AM »

But solely based on the amount of footage he has put out over the years and the way he talks I get the feeling Justin Eldridge is one of the laziest dudes in skateboarding.

Ty Evans and everyone at crailtap wasted Justin Eldridge's talent way before his back injury kept him off the board. The reason he isn't bigger now is because crailtap took 50 years between Yeah Right and Pretty Sweet.

TheDraught

• SLAP Pal
  • Team -65K
« Reply #136 on: June 16, 2018, 03:10:54 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Ty Evans and everyone at crailtap wasted Justin Eldridge's talent way before his back injury kept him off the board. The reason he isn't bigger now is because crailtap took 50 years between Yeah Right and Pretty Sweet.

I agree that Crailtap slept on him but if he was sitting on piles of footage (which I highly doubt) he would have had plenty of other options to release it.

ManMelt

« Reply #137 on: June 16, 2018, 03:20:49 PM »

So you created an account, just to mention Lil’ Stevie huh? What happened, Jaason jacked your board at City Hall in the 90’s?

I sniff Jim Gagne's butthole all the time

• Rep: -156
« Reply #138 on: June 16, 2018, 07:47:48 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

So you created an account, just to mention Lil’ Stevie huh? What happened, Jaason jacked your board at City Hall in the 90’s?
compared to say kalis, lil stevie has been milking the cow.
not milking but i wish ricky oyola would film even if he doesn't think it's good. he's got skater dysmorphia.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #139 on: June 16, 2018, 08:11:31 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

I agree that Crailtap slept on him but if he was sitting on piles of footage (which I highly doubt) he would have had plenty of other options to release it.

He did stuff for eS that was all great. His especial part especially. He had magazine coverage and everything too, he was just misused at crailtap. They pushed him out as the hot new thing for like a  year then zzz. And he was put on Chocolate at a time he was pretty much the only guy on the team doing anything on handrails. He probably should've been on Girl instead.

I've always been a big fan of his skating and met him a few times and he was a real sweet heart so maybe I'm biased. He might not have been a Jamie Foy footage machine but he put out more than a lot of their riders that have higher profiles.

poopnutsupreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 491
« Reply #140 on: June 16, 2018, 08:14:05 PM »
Jedi
Any dude that hates on roller hockey hasn't played, and likely haven't played a sport in their entire life.

CrumblingInfrastructure

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 289
« Reply #141 on: June 16, 2018, 08:29:46 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
compared to say kalis, lil stevie has been milking the cow.
not milking but i wish ricky oyola would film even if he doesn't think it's good. he's got skater dysmorphia.

Hes got a few clips in Traffic Look Left. You should check that vid out if you havent. Josh Stewart filmed and editted it.

Monkey_Mcpott

« Reply #142 on: June 16, 2018, 08:37:53 PM »
Has there been any Gino footage skating a FA board yet?

Hes been on like almost 4 years now right?
« Last Edit: June 16, 2018, 08:39:25 PM by Monkey_Mcpott »

HisDudest

• Rep: -140
« Reply #143 on: June 16, 2018, 08:40:38 PM »
Ed Templeton is fuckin milkin it bro

Owen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 296
    • My Photos avatar image
« Reply #144 on: June 16, 2018, 09:09:03 PM »

Nah pretty sure he's vegan
Jorts
Anklets
Rat tails
Sling shots
Toe rings
Shuv it tail grabs
Jump ramps

Pigeon

« Reply #145 on: June 16, 2018, 09:28:24 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Nah pretty sure he's vegan
Confirmed: Ed lactates

Hmmmm Nice Bike

« Reply #146 on: June 16, 2018, 10:04:36 PM »

Speaking of Toy Machine... Does Josh Harmony still skate?

Colt Cannon's Cargos

• Rep: -5
« Reply #147 on: June 16, 2018, 11:53:25 PM »
I can't really say shit

I milk it at work on Slap like every damn day

TheDraught

• SLAP Pal
  • Team -65K
« Reply #148 on: June 17, 2018, 04:05:53 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

He did stuff for eS that was all great. His especial part especially. He had magazine coverage and everything too, he was just misused at crailtap. They pushed him out as the hot new thing for like a  year then zzz. And he was put on Chocolate at a time he was pretty much the only guy on the team doing anything on handrails. He probably should've been on Girl instead.

I've always been a big fan of his skating and met him a few times and he was a real sweet heart so maybe I'm biased. He might not have been a Jamie Foy footage machine but he put out more than a lot of their riders that have higher profiles.

and still ripping

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTYdx3LDrOs&list=PLZn52-a9Y7i84dWiZAC1cfTiCqDgEoQtj&index=3

victor doom

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -15
  • "Have no fear of perfection, you'll never reach it
« Reply #149 on: June 17, 2018, 07:48:47 AM »
Stevie is getting paid to fashion, not skate
Paul Shier has milked it harder than a dairy farmer
Gino has great style and his Trilogy part is in the skate hall of fame. But seriously......let it go

Dollin's last part was nothing but slams....Nuff said

TK............thats all I have to say about that