Author Topic: Mike Davis RIP  (Read 75258 times)

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Mike Davis RIP
« Reply #90 on: May 08, 2018, 02:11:32 PM »
I don't know, this round of the epidemic seems different. I associate it now with a lot of the regions I associate with moonshine: Appalachia, Kentucky, etc.
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #91 on: May 08, 2018, 02:26:18 PM »
I don't know, this round of the epidemic seems different. I associate it now with a lot of the regions I associate with moonshine: Appalachia, Kentucky, etc.
Yeah, this one seems different, as its an offshoot of the prescription drug issues which tended to be known as hillbilly heroin, and have now switched over to actual heroin due to availability. Historically though, it has tended to be a way bigger issue in coastal/port cities.

stevedave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 97
« Reply #92 on: May 08, 2018, 02:42:25 PM »

I think that train of thought is part of the problem.  The fact of the matter is that the opiod epidemic is hitting major cities and suburbs, not just the rural outback places that you mention.  It's NOT just poor white trash.  It's executives, housewives, your neighbor, your friends husband.  As soon as we as a society can all realize it's right there in front of us, it's going to continue to get worse. 

And I'm not here to argue with you, just pointing out the fact that we need to not just assume this doesn't happen wherever we live.  Because it does. 
"See you are like Mark David Chapman and my posts are John Lennon. You having nothing to offer so the best you can do is try to assassinate my beautiful posts. My Dental Plan is Strawberry fields and you are a sexually frustrated fat man."  ---NigNogNooo---

louie the taurus

• Rep: -119
« Reply #93 on: May 08, 2018, 02:49:59 PM »
just terrible. he was incredibly good at skateboarding and seemed like a solid dude on kotr.
really hope his friends and family are doing ok, just like the guys who have mentioned their personal losses in this thread.

btw. has anyone read andy roy's comment on tony hawk's aforementioned instagram post?
"... he was super cool nice guy i was looking for weed and he didn't even know me and hooked me up..."
maybe it's just me, but i thought it was pretty tasteless to remember him for hooking him up with weed, considering the circumstances of his passing
on the other hand, it's andy roy..
« Last Edit: May 08, 2018, 02:53:00 PM by louie the taurus »

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1307
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #94 on: May 08, 2018, 02:53:01 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I think that train of thought is part of the problem.  The fact of the matter is that the opiod epidemic is hitting major cities and suburbs, not just the rural outback places that you mention.  It's NOT just poor white trash.  It's executives, housewives, your neighbor, your friends husband.  As soon as we as a society can all realize it's right there in front of us, it's going to continue to get worse. 

And I'm not here to argue with you, just pointing out the fact that we need to not just assume this doesn't happen wherever we live.  Because it does.

Yeah it's everywhere now. Last Week Tonight had a really solid breakdown about the origins of the epidemic that you can stream on Youtube. I watched it to hype myself up when I was kicking pills.
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #95 on: May 08, 2018, 02:58:05 PM »
just terrible. he was incredibly good at skateboarding and seemed like a solid dude on kotr.
really hope his friends and family are doing ok, just like the guys who have mentioned their personal losses in this thread.

btw. has anyone read andy roy's comment on tony hawk's aforementioned instagram post?
"... he was super cool nice guy i was looking for weed and he didn't even know me and hooked me up..."
maybe it's just me, but i thought it was pretty tasteless to remember him for hooking him up with weed, considering the circumstances of his passing
It's in terrible taste, but I'd say helping someone get weed is like hooking them up with beer (and not comparable to serious addiction), but Andy Roy is a guy who is auctioning off his current fake teeth (which he calls a retainer) to get new dentures.

Burt Ward

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 518
« Reply #96 on: May 08, 2018, 03:10:43 PM »

Come on dude. It was weed. He wasn't helping him mainline heroin.
Whatever. R.I.P to a straight up ripper.
Now, we used to say we put on our tights to put on the world. So I don't think it tarnishes the image at all.

bawtawd12

« Reply #97 on: May 08, 2018, 03:14:23 PM »
I think the best thing would be to normalize it. People will always die from opiates, but most of the personal, family, societal problems stem from the demonization of it. If your using and everyone turns your back on you and view you as a lesser person that ain't gonna help nothing.

Anyway the problem of rouge cutting operations in random towns is getting better. Still big but not as big, mostly the higher ups are doing it properly rather than some guy mixing up heroin and analogues in a magic bullet. Bad cut jobs are a big reason people were dropping like flies. A lot of stretchers easily available last year aren't around this year, so its slowly getting better, even if more and more people are starting to use.

bawtawd12

« Reply #98 on: May 08, 2018, 03:16:46 PM »
Like weed, back in the day weed used ruin peoples lives, but now that's in normalized its a big weight off peoples shoulders and they can just function like normal people in society.

ill_Murray

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 401
« Reply #99 on: May 08, 2018, 03:28:19 PM »
I swear drug use is affected by the local weather.  Look at the East Coast and PNW, shitty ass weather so of course you're going to shoot some dope and stay inside all day as opposed to sunny SoCal where it's Meth for the poor and coke for those with money
ill murray, can you remind me why you think im a kook

reptar_bar

• Rep: -7
« Reply #100 on: May 08, 2018, 04:15:38 PM »
opiates are fucked up. a handful of dudes i went to high school with got addicted at a young age. the usual prescription to help people get off opiates is methadone, idk if it was because they got it for free in canada, but some of them starting then abusing the methadone shit and got even worse. def a hard place to get out of, especially with the physical pain and sickness you can get from quitting altogether.

Joclo

• Rep: 19
  • Just wiggin out
« Reply #101 on: May 08, 2018, 05:47:55 PM »
This is a fentanyl epidemic. Legit prescription drugs are not killing people, its the fent cut into heroin and pressed into oxys/roxys/percs etc. The DEA are forcing doctors to cut their legitimate, long-term pain patients prescriptions, thus forcing them to buy drugs off the street. Shortly thereafter, that patient gets the hot bag and dies, all because the government overlords are fucking clueless.

These agency's create so many problems they're too stupid to fucking solve. They deserve a pat on the ass for pumping up the demand for heroin and keepin those wallets padded.

RIP Mike

Cherb

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -19
« Reply #102 on: May 08, 2018, 05:53:16 PM »
This is a fentanyl epidemic. Legit prescription drugs are not killing people, its the fent cut into heroin and pressed into oxys/roxys/percs etc. The DEA are forcing doctors to cut their legitimate, long-term pain patients prescriptions, thus forcing them to buy drugs off the street. Shortly thereafter, that patient gets the hot bag and dies, all because the government overlords are fucking clueless.

These agency's create so many problems they're too stupid to fucking solve. They deserve a pat on the ass for pumping up the demand for heroin and keepin those wallets padded.

RIP Mike

dkn

• Rep: -27
  • to be all ways to be all ways to be all ways to be
« Reply #103 on: May 08, 2018, 08:40:32 PM »
hey.  ex-Ed-Benedict local.  Mike was super cool.  it was great to see him first get involved with ccs and birdhouse

opiates are also popular in warm places like Florida.  S.A.D. is a real thing but unfortunately Heroin is not specific to Portland

i'm an ex addict, i overdosed lots and blew lots of opportunities.  so sad

we need to quit hiding this issue.  demonizing it and criminalizing it is not working.  people are dying

if you are struggling with addiction please seek out help.  there are lots of us addicts out there who want to help each other.  try Narcotics Anonymous for example

RIP Mike Davis

ill_Murray

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #104 on: May 09, 2018, 08:00:00 AM »

RIP Mike

You're crazy, doctor's are over-prescribing legal pharmaceuticals left and right.  As of 2017 the overall opioid prescription rate, which was at it's all time lowest since 2006, was still 66.5 prescriptions out of 100 people.  Thats fucked. 

lampshade

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 132
« Reply #105 on: May 09, 2018, 08:23:39 AM »
From what I've seen is the biggest issue with this is people start on pills, but then they get too expensive or difficult to find and then turn to the H because it's cheap and everywhere.  RIP Mike Davis. 

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 857
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #106 on: May 09, 2018, 09:03:26 AM »
Expand Quote

RIP Mike
[close]

You're crazy, doctor's are over-prescribing legal pharmaceuticals left and right.  As of 2017 the overall opioid prescription rate, which was at it's all time lowest since 2006, was still 66.5 prescriptions out of 100 people.  Thats fucked. 

i think what hes saying is that the big spike in deaths is mostly caused by the introduction of fentanyl in dope and a lot of the fake pills on the street. the over prescription is definitely the biggest part of the addiction epidemic, but if fentanyl was taken out completely then I'd bet we'd be seeing a lot less deaths. fent is way cheaper and easier to import in than heroin and dealers are now selling dope thats almost no heroin, a bunch of cut, and a tiny bit of fent, at least thats what I got from one of the docs I watched. even someone with a high tolerance can od and die from a tiny bit of fent.

Allen.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 715
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
« Reply #107 on: May 09, 2018, 10:51:22 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

RIP Mike
[close]

[close]

i think what hes saying is that the big spike in deaths is mostly caused by the introduction of fentanyl in dope and a lot of the fake pills on the street. the over prescription is definitely the biggest part of the addiction epidemic, but if fentanyl was taken out completely then I'd bet we'd be seeing a lot less deaths. fent is way cheaper and easier to import in than heroin and dealers are now selling dope thats almost no heroin, a bunch of cut, and a tiny bit of fent, at least thats what I got from one of the docs I watched. even someone with a high tolerance can od and die from a tiny bit of fent.

It's a combination of all of these factors, for sure.
When I was put on adderall I was younger and naive and I wasn't ever told "don't smoke cigs with these, dont drink coffee with these, don't start taking too many." I was informed it would help me, and it does, but it also sent me into a weird spiral few years. This is just an example, I'm sure a lot of people put on painkillers are just told "take these morning and night with meals and you'll be fine." No one starts taking painkillers or doing drugs expecting or wanting to be an addict.
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

ill_Murray

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #108 on: May 09, 2018, 11:15:06 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

RIP Mike
[close]

[close]

[close]

When I was put on adderall I was younger and naive and I wasn't ever told "don't smoke cigs with these, dont drink coffee with these, don't start taking too many." I was informed it would help me, and it does, but it also sent me into a weird spiral few years. This is just an example, I'm sure a lot of people put on painkillers are just told "take these morning and night with meals and you'll be fine." No one starts taking painkillers or doing drugs expecting or wanting to be an addict.

Well put, once again greed fucking ruins everything for everyone

lampshade

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 132
« Reply #109 on: May 09, 2018, 11:24:21 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

RIP Mike
[close]

[close]

[close]

This is true.  I had a full shoulder reconstruction after my first year or college.  It was so painful I was pretty much in bed for a whole summer.  My dad literally had to help me to the bathroom and help me shower.  I don't know what I was on for pain.  My mother would just give it to me as prescribed, but it was gnarly. 

I would watch movies or baseball games and totally not remember them.  I asked her a few months ago and she had no idea what I was taking.  I'm assuming some kind of opioid.  I remember I couldn't eat and lost twenty pounds over a summer.  My mother would make me the most basic stuff like scrambled eggs and toast and I couldn't get it down. 

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -482
« Reply #110 on: May 09, 2018, 11:44:05 AM »

You’re from LA right? I’m from the scv and that shit is super prevalent there from what I’ve gleaned from friends who stayed
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -482
« Reply #111 on: May 09, 2018, 11:48:22 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

RIP Mike
[close]

[close]

[close]

Adderal left me searching for the same high for years and I got on antidepressants and that offered a similar feeling and then I started doing mad blow to keep that “focus” ended up in a rehab , had to have my mom fly from a foreign country to come help me cause my friends called her and lost the love of my life. It’s been a year off drugs as of a couple weeks ago and I’ve never been happier but I’m still so torn over the experience , I don’t remember anything from maybe September 2016 till may 2017. I never wanted any of that.
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

Owen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 302
    • My Photos avatar image
« Reply #112 on: May 10, 2018, 01:09:53 AM »
Rather than just dwelling on his undoing, this is a good opprtunity to celebrate Mike's skating. I hadn't seen either of these parts. He had a great fs heel and big spin heel. Pity he didn't get to have a part in the recent Birdhouse video as a final farewell. Hopefully some footage might be released.

Jorts
Anklets
Rat tails
Sling shots
Toe rings
Shuv it tail grabs
Jump ramps

shark tits

« Reply #113 on: May 10, 2018, 05:35:31 AM »
walmart is now only gonna give new recruits a wk's worth of opiates. hahaha, i'm glad i'm out the game but sucks if you're hurting and need it. it's the doctors and all that creating opiate addicts [and take some responsibility yourself, addicts] but it's cutting them of that pushes them to her'on.
whatever, serves you right for going to walmart.

heliocentric bananas

• Rep: 1
« Reply #114 on: May 10, 2018, 09:10:21 AM »
Opiods are gnarly stuff. I was put on oxycontin for a weeks prescription after getting wisdom teeth yanked. In one fucking week i was hooked on the stuff, and was begging my mom to get me another prescription cause my "teeth still hurt" (they stopped hurting after like 3 days). I was like clockwork with how many hours I had to wait to take the next one since my mom had them and would give them to me. I remember trying to get another weeks prescription after they ran out.

At the time I thought it was amazing and was so down with it, but now, years later, looking back at it was totally fucked up. freaked me out, and i avoid taking an advil now unless Im like super sore or insanely hungover.

Shits wack. RIP Mike Davis. My favorite quote about him desciringing how good of a guy he is was something aling the lines of "Mike davis is the kind of dude to help you clean up after a  party" always stuck with me....

ill_Murray

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #115 on: May 10, 2018, 11:48:10 AM »
Opiods are gnarly stuff. I was put on oxycontin for a weeks prescription after getting wisdom teeth yanked. In one fucking week i was hooked on the stuff, and was begging my mom to get me another prescription cause my "teeth still hurt" (they stopped hurting after like 3 days). I was like clockwork with how many hours I had to wait to take the next one since my mom had them and would give them to me. I remember trying to get another weeks prescription after they ran out.

At the time I thought it was amazing and was so down with it, but now, years later, looking back at it was totally fucked up. freaked me out, and i avoid taking an advil now unless Im like super sore or insanely hungover.

Shits wack. RIP Mike Davis. My favorite quote about him desciringing how good of a guy he is was something aling the lines of "Mike davis is the kind of dude to help you clean up after a  party" always stuck with me....

Oxy Contin is some heavy shit they probably gave you Oxy Codone.

Regardless, it's still a ridiculous over-prescription.  I got all 4 of my wisdom teeth out and handled it with Tylenol

Wizard Fight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -191
« Reply #116 on: May 24, 2018, 04:03:22 PM »
It's the same thing.

I work with men struggling with addiction, mental illness, eating disorders, etc. and in my experience, almost everyone with one or more of these issues has had traumatic events happen in their lives, and usually in childhood. We, as addicts (including myself), are trauma survivors. However, we addicts still need to claim responsibility for our actions, including all the lying/stealing/selfishness, etc. that happen in active addiction.

I could ramble but I wanted to say that I've been clean from drugs and alcohol for 2 and a half years. Luckily I've had the opportunity, resources, and support to get clean and stay clean, but I've also put in a lot of work. You have to stay up on your game, whether that means regularly going to meetings, meditating, taking psych medications, practicing your spirituality, or anything else, but community and connection with other humans is what I think is most important. Isolation can kill.

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 857
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #117 on: May 24, 2018, 04:06:51 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
It's the same thing.

I work with men struggling with addiction, mental illness, eating disorders, etc. and in my experience, almost everyone with one or more of these issues has had traumatic events happen in their lives, and usually in childhood. We, as addicts (including myself), are trauma survivors. However, we addicts still need to claim responsibility for our actions, including all the lying/stealing/selfishness, etc. that happen in active addiction.

I could ramble but I wanted to say that I've been clean from drugs and alcohol for 2 and a half years. Luckily I've had the opportunity, resources, and support to get clean and stay clean, but I've also put in a lot of work. You have to stay up on your game, whether that means regularly going to meetings, meditating, taking psych medications, practicing your spirituality, or anything else, but community and connection with other humans is what I think is most important. Isolation can kill.

Good for you, man. Hope you keep it going.

excitableboy

• Rep: 92
« Reply #118 on: May 24, 2018, 04:52:05 PM »
Remember that amazing nose manual nollie 360 flip in the quarter pipe on KOTR? Amazing

Yes, I remember. He clearly had some exceptional talent. RIP

Allez_Jambon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 146
« Reply #119 on: May 24, 2018, 05:18:05 PM »
wow what a really good part. i was really impressed. im sorry for your loss person who made the video. and im sorry to hear the loss for everyone who knew and admired him. an amazing part.