Author Topic: Mike Davis RIP  (Read 75100 times)

CHONGO

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 28
    • tumblr avatar image
Re: Mike Davis RIP
« Reply #30 on: May 06, 2018, 04:13:54 PM »
fuck.. rest easy. Sad day

Mongoloid

« Reply #31 on: May 06, 2018, 04:40:30 PM »
Hot Asian stripper girlfriend is how I remember him.

I want people to remember me by the pussy I leave behind.

Griselda Blanco

• Rep: 1
« Reply #32 on: May 06, 2018, 05:05:22 PM »
Damn, RIP Mike. He was the one who made the Birdhouse team tolerable on KOTR, he seemed to be a really likable guy.

igrindtwinkies

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 367
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #33 on: May 06, 2018, 05:05:57 PM »
Damn that's shitty.  I loved him in KOTR and was bummed when someone posted his mugshot on here(for I think Heroin I think).  That sucks.

roomservice

• Rep: -209
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #34 on: May 06, 2018, 05:25:08 PM »
Always wondered why he never got hooked up proper and why his coverage fell off after KOTR. He's not only a tech wizard, he also made those tricks look good.

His girl posted a clip of him doing a front 540 ollie on a bank, shit was textbook. Rest in peace

Donald Rump

« Reply #35 on: May 06, 2018, 05:59:58 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Wow... It's always so hard to see things like this. I can't imagine what his family and friends are going through right now. Always so much harder with children involved. Prayers go out to his friends, family, and most importantly his daughter.

I don't know if he was dealing with mental health issues but I have lost friends and family who did. I do as well. Sometimes it impossible to see the light at the end of the tunnel. It's an awful feeling to think you're alone and would be better dead whn really the people who love you and care will always be willing to support and help you. Sometimes its hard to ask for help and embarassing but if any one out there is struggling just reach out to those close to you. they wont judge and will help you get well.
[close]

Hope you get well soon too. I was dealing with mental issues too so i know how hard it is.
[close]

Thanks man. Much appreciated. There is still such a stigma which makes it harder to get the help you need. My best friend, who after this is still my BFF, told me it was just in my head and not to think about it. Fortunately my girl and mom are amazing. Now that I'm on some meds that help rather than make things worse things are looking up. Glad to hear you're doing better too. Such a rollercoaster and hard to get right sometimes.

Keep looking up bruv!

Rip Mike...

decoi1

• Rep: 18
« Reply #36 on: May 06, 2018, 06:26:09 PM »
Crazy. After watching Saturday for the first time a week or two ago and realizing he wasn’t in it I checked birdhouses website to see if he was listed on the team or anything. Dude ripped. That shits a slippery slope. Lost several good friends to that shit

shouldn't

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 73
« Reply #37 on: May 06, 2018, 06:47:20 PM »
hope it wasn't an h overdose cause i also have lost a lot of the closest people to me in my life from that but also with that said.. i am just going to go out and say that if that is the case, FUCK anybody that passes judgment over that. addiction is truly a disease as we all have heard but only some of us know. my heart hurts for his wife and daughter and i'm rewatching that switch 3 flip over and over right now as we all should be. REST IN PEACE.

imagine fucking the dog shit outta chris roberts

CossRooper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 139
  • What are you up to, drawing leafs?
    • timecube avatar image
« Reply #38 on: May 06, 2018, 06:56:56 PM »
Horrible.

I will never forget this clip. Me and my friend jumped off the couch the first time we saw it. Pure magic.

https://gfycat.com/gifs/detail/NiceSickFoxhound

Rest easy.

fulfillthedream

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 305
« Reply #39 on: May 06, 2018, 07:36:19 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
RIP to Van Wastell again, I didn't know the truth about his death until recently & it really shook me up
[close]

Sorry for asking about this but what happened?
[close]

Supposedly his friends and team mates took his drugs, locked him in a room and forced him to go cold turkey, which I guess he didn’t respond well to. 

I get a little choked up when I watch Get Out thinking about Van because the brother in that kinda resembles him
[close]

Wait what? I thought he drunkenly fell out of a window? Shit that’s way sadder.

Seriously though if anyone going that kind of thing needs to talk even if it’s mundane shit just to actually talk to someone that day, don’t hesitate to pm me. It’s not worth not saying something, cause that shit sucks.

where did you read this horse shit? really really shitty to make up false details regarding some ones passing...
Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #40 on: May 06, 2018, 07:42:20 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
RIP to Van Wastell again, I didn't know the truth about his death until recently & it really shook me up
[close]

[close]

Supposedly his friends and team mates took his drugs, locked him in a room and forced him to go cold turkey, which I guess he didn’t respond well to. 

I get a little choked up when I watch Get Out thinking about Van because the brother in that kinda resembles him
[close]

Seriously though if anyone going that kind of thing needs to talk even if it’s mundane shit just to actually talk to someone that day, don’t hesitate to pm me. It’s not worth not saying something, cause that shit sucks.
[close]

where did you read this horse shit? really really shitty to make up false details regarding some ones passing...
Jake Phelps mentioned it in a piece for California Magazine (or something) and several people close to Van have been surprisingly candid about the circumstances surrounding his passing. It's unfortunately very true.
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

The Woodsman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 38
« Reply #41 on: May 06, 2018, 07:50:13 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
Jake Phelps mentioned it in a piece for California Magazine (or something) and several people close to Van have been surprisingly candid about the circumstances surrounding his passing. It's unfortunately very true.

It starts at the second paragraph after the photo of the glasses.

https://story.californiasunday.com/jake-phelps-thrasher
Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.
-Gandhi

Baby on Board

• Rep: 33
« Reply #42 on: May 06, 2018, 08:10:27 PM »
Expand Quote
Wow... It's always so hard to see things like this. I can't imagine what his family and friends are going through right now. Always so much harder with children involved. Prayers go out to his friends, family, and most importantly his daughter.

I don't know if he was dealing with mental health issues but I have lost friends and family who did. I do as well. Sometimes it impossible to see the light at the end of the tunnel. It's an awful feeling to think you're alone and would be better dead whn really the people who love you and care will always be willing to support and help you. Sometimes its hard to ask for help and embarassing but if any one out there is struggling just reach out to those close to you. they wont judge and will help you get well.
[close]
Hope you get well soon too. I was dealing with mental issues too so i know how hard it is.

Hope both of you keep your heads up and stay stoked on life. I know how hard it is day to day and im proud of both you guys for recognizing and handling it. I hope the mental health stigma goes away soon. You guys are rad!

IHOP

« Reply #43 on: May 06, 2018, 08:15:19 PM »
Friend from portland told me it was an OD, not sure if on purpose or not.

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #44 on: May 06, 2018, 08:20:18 PM »
R.I.P.
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

blw843

• Rep: -34
« Reply #45 on: May 06, 2018, 08:31:27 PM »
never heard of the guy...fuck em.....

nino brown

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1416
  • only nerds kook people
« Reply #46 on: May 06, 2018, 08:56:02 PM »

paraquat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 199

stets

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rep: 106
« Reply #48 on: May 06, 2018, 09:04:41 PM »
never heard of the guy...fuck em.....

You can go straight to hell. Mike was a ripper and one of the nicest dudes I've ever had the pleasure of skating with.
Quote from: augustmoon
lol, don't let my sticker job keep you up at night, buddy

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #49 on: May 06, 2018, 09:25:35 PM »
RIP, terrible to hear.

shannamal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 350
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #50 on: May 06, 2018, 09:51:15 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

It starts at the second paragraph after the photo of the glasses.

https://story.californiasunday.com/jake-phelps-thrasher

Jesus christ, Phelps comes off as such a fucking dick in that

i don’t think any of you are real, i think slap was invented by my mom to make me think people want to talk to me

Zurg

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
« Reply #51 on: May 06, 2018, 10:55:39 PM »
rip very sad

somethingmustbreaknow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 477
« Reply #52 on: May 07, 2018, 12:57:44 AM »

thomas kook

« Reply #53 on: May 07, 2018, 01:17:24 AM »
i find all these insta posts increasingly annoying to read. everyone's like 'oh this sucks so much' 'mike was the best we all miss him'
i know it's not that black & white and there's probably a huge story to all this but
had he felt that outpouring of love & support when he was still alive, the story could have had a different end. maybe. i don't know it just sucks

blw843

• Rep: -34
« Reply #54 on: May 07, 2018, 01:47:16 AM »
« Last Edit: May 07, 2018, 01:50:35 AM by blw843 »

Owen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 296
    • My Photos avatar image
« Reply #55 on: May 07, 2018, 04:44:09 AM »
Remember that amazing nose manual nollie 360 flip in the quarter pipe on KOTR? Amazing
Jorts
Anklets
Rat tails
Sling shots
Toe rings
Shuv it tail grabs
Jump ramps

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 858
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #56 on: May 07, 2018, 05:03:15 AM »
i find all these insta posts increasingly annoying to read. everyone's like 'oh this sucks so much' 'mike was the best we all miss him'
i know it's not that black & white and there's probably a huge story to all this but
had he felt that outpouring of love & support when he was still alive, the story could have had a different end. maybe. i don't know it just sucks

its really hard to help people who are struggling with addictions. a lot of addicts do a really good job at hiding it and even the ones who have been clean for long periods of time struggle every day with their urges to use. as a friend/family member/loved one, there is only so much that we can do, and our love and support can make a difference, but a lot of times there is nothing you can do to truly save someone who is struggling. by all means, reach out to your friends and loved ones who are struggling with addiction and offer what you can to help.

im sorry you find peoples grieving to be annoying, but you dont have to read it. let them say what they want. they just lost someone they loved.

disintegration

• Rep: -113
« Reply #57 on: May 07, 2018, 05:13:59 AM »
RIP

GardenSkater77

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1035
« Reply #58 on: May 07, 2018, 05:15:12 AM »
http://pdxmugshots.com/profile/3508662/michael-adam-davis/

RIP

The fact that our government allows corporations to make money off of mug shots is a travesty. What you are basically doing is black balling a guy like Mike from having any chance at a normal life. Big deal he had some drugs on him. Why does he get to for the rest of his life Google his name and be reminded that the world knows he is a drug addict. I don’t see this trend of vilifying drug users getting any better. I feel sad for people like Mike that get caught up in the Justice system at a young age. Growing up in these times is a lot harder than when I grew up.

tobnp

• Rep: 0
« Reply #59 on: May 07, 2018, 05:38:27 AM »
this is so sad... rip  :'(