Author Topic: Cons purple video of the year?  (Read 13935 times)

brucewillis

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 32
  • Die Hard. www.casualskateshop.com.br
Cons purple video of the year?
« on: May 06, 2018, 10:54:10 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEd5sQGyjpY

Fucking masterpiece, the full lenght is still alive.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2018, 10:58:40 AM by brucewillis »

Backheels

• Rep: -160
Re: Cons purple video of the year?
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2018, 11:17:28 AM »
Their TM did a terrible job putting together a team, half are milking it, about 1/3 the team went pro but never deserved it. Louie, bobby, milton,JJ, mike Anderson are all rad though

puff daddy

• Rep: -13
  • all we do is watch mtv cribs
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2018, 11:18:46 AM »
seans part sucked

louie, bobby, manderson were the stand out parts for me

Surf-goth

• Rep: -676
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2018, 11:25:16 AM »
Oh lord this is like Christmas for me!
Rest in peace Dick Dale.

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -480
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2018, 11:26:29 AM »
Their TM did a terrible job putting together a team, half are milking it, about 1/3 the team went pro but never deserved it. Louie, bobby, milton,JJ, mike Anderson are all rad though

#nonewslappals
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

puff daddy

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2018, 11:39:55 AM »
im really suprised by how much footage manderson and louie have considering they both just dropped parts like 6 months ago

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1962
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2018, 11:51:31 AM »
Whole thing was great. Definitely top of the list as far as recent videos go.

brucewillis

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 32
  • Die Hard. www.casualskateshop.com.br
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2018, 12:14:55 PM »
Great song picks and visuals. Their team is sick, Louie is a footage machine and Manderson is just the great, fuck the haters and fuck me

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2018, 12:21:00 PM »
I think Bobby’s part was great but he has the same issue as mike mo did with all his footage being him at the same spots just doing a harder variation of the same old tricks. Hopefully he’ll start to switch it up.

Sage is good but cmon, you’ve had like years to film and half your tricks have been ads. And his hair styles made me laugh, they just don’t fit him at all, it’s like he recently learned about basquiat in school and now wants to be a Skate version.

Sean Pablo deserves every bit of silence he got at the premiere cause his part sucked , he’s smooth , just not good enough to even really be flow. I kinda skipped through it to the controversial parts. Louie’s part might be a classic. JJ is still the best and here’s to hoping he has a good amount of footage in the quasi vid next month.

I felt like cons hooked up more people than this though, and brophy must not get footage at all to be considered a guest where the mysterious baca has like 10 tricks and gets in the vid.

Good for Bobby though, I remember when he said he tried getting on cons after dc and they said no and then he kept gunning and it worked out. Walker Ryan should try that approach cause he could’ve fit in the Eli/Aaron/zered section.  Also can one of you editing genius’ splice mandersons lsd part with this one? And maybe Kenny’s footage into one?

roomservice

• Rep: -209
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2018, 12:59:12 PM »
Cons is the hipster nike sb
I don't understand how Sean Pablo and Kevin Rodrigues are on besides for being trendy
Aaron Herrington's fiftys were good
Bummed on how little footage Al had
Nuge nowhere to be seen, disappointing
trendy/10

HisDudest

• Rep: -140
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2018, 12:59:45 PM »
Absolutely. How good is Bobby De Kyzer?! Holy fuck it's so refreshing to watch him skate. There are two awful trends happening in skating the last 10 years, neither of them are in this video. Watch this video and then watch it again.

Surf-goth

• Rep: -676
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2018, 01:00:52 PM »
Sean pablo kept hyping bobby dekeyzer. I thought bobby talked shit on him that's why tyshawn slapped him. Someone correct me.
Rest in peace Dick Dale.

HisDudest

• Rep: -140
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2018, 01:01:52 PM »
* but sage and sean pablo fucking suck. Forgot to mention that.

midgebones

« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2018, 01:08:08 PM »
Video was pretty damn good but hoping it won't end up being the very best to come out this year...I was left kinda unsatisfied, but this was way better than Adidas video by a longshot, great job Chadourne 😇

Let's hope Al and Jake are saving their real gold for Quasi vid
« Last Edit: May 06, 2018, 01:16:13 PM by midgebones »

hey pickle

« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2018, 01:08:23 PM »
* but sage and sean pablo fucking suck. Forgot to mention that.

leave sage out of that nonsense

expired

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 73
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2018, 01:15:27 PM »
That was a good full length and way easier to watch then the etnies video.

Bobby, JJ, Louie, Anderson were the best parts, I liked the split part with zered, Aaron and Eli.

my english is bad

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
  • no hablo english
« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2018, 01:18:55 PM »
the best part of the movie is that is not a hour long and Kenny Anderson still got the best style ever
mike anderson fot soty

and Sean Pablo got the worst style and part ever

PincherBug

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -102
« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2018, 01:20:28 PM »
No guest trick for Pops?

It's nice to see Sean Pablo payed homage to Vinnie Banh with the tre flip tail grab off the kicker. Really??

HangtenNoseblunt

• Rep: -189
« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2018, 01:24:11 PM »
Bobby Dickriser is insanely good
Thank goodness we have HangtenNoseblunt in here as the voice of reason.

puff daddy

« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2018, 01:25:45 PM »
No guest trick for Pops?

It's nice to see Sean Pablo payed homage to Vinnie Banh with the tre flip tail grab off the kicker. Really??
looked more like an impossible tail grab

AllBranFlakes69

• Rep: 1
  • Make fibre your friend
« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2018, 01:33:34 PM »
Is Jason Jesse an arborist or something?

CrappyChan

• Rep: -54
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #21 on: May 06, 2018, 01:43:17 PM »
Not the best of the year but not bad by any means. Liked louie more than usual and sage less than usual. All the full parts felt overly long, couldve been cut out some filler. The shared parts were weird because everyone had like 4 tricks max and I just wanted more from each of them. Both the JJs made this video better than it could've been. Manderson went insane. I wanted more from Frank : /
"From Todd Falcon to Tony Hawk, the Ben Raybourn story"

Lenny the Fatface

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 331
« Reply #22 on: May 06, 2018, 01:54:32 PM »
Dont see how they did Kenny like that considering how short most of the parts were. Made sense for Gonz because he had 60% of a part and having him share a part with just one skater would be weird.

Sean Pablo's part wasnt the best but that suicide grind he did was heat. Also before the slap rumors get out of hand, he only didnt get cheers in the .5 seconds he appeared in the intro.

I liked Kevin Rodrigues' part, lol @ another Duffel cameo with a hockey dude. We get it, white people crazy.

Sage is good but cmon, you’ve had like years to film and half your tricks have been ads. And his hair styles made me laugh, they just don’t fit him at all, it’s like he recently learned about basquiat in school and now wants to be a Skate version.

Lol are you confusing Basquiat's hairtyle with some random Puerto Rican dude's hair from 2003?

Oh and also Zered as a skinny dude is weird. Eli only bit Alex Olson's style twice (which is pretty good). Jake Johnson is my guy but that pool footage was awkward. And Jason Jesse had more footy than everybody but Louie.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2018, 02:16:36 PM by Lenny the Fatface »

PincherBug

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -102
« Reply #23 on: May 06, 2018, 02:15:21 PM »
Expand Quote
No guest trick for Pops?

[close]

You are correct sir.  And that is more paying homage to Dylan which makes perfect sense.

Jim and Dan

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 464
  • Pure East
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #24 on: May 06, 2018, 02:16:55 PM »

It's funny because I've heard from some mates that Lee [Berman] is a fucking dick!

I've watched Jake's part at least 10 times now, shit puts me in like a trance...
Roll for Rusty, Frip, Dapple and Tate

Ross Norman - Last of the Mohicans

alraunen

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 240
    • www.davidcampillo.net avatar image
« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2018, 02:37:22 PM »
Waiting for the Quasi video...

muffinman

• Rep: -2
« Reply #26 on: May 06, 2018, 03:22:25 PM »
no way vid of the year there was to much boring shit but the shit that wasnt boring was wonderful also seans part wasnt trash or anything it was just more of the same old tricks hes been doing except for his ender which was fucking beautiful
nut.

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #27 on: May 06, 2018, 03:37:01 PM »
Expand Quote
No guest trick for Pops?

[close]

Mans had a kick ramp trick in a legit part in 2018 , dude should probably just kill himself now. And whoever said sage sucks. You ain’t wrong, well you are, but whatever talent he has is being squandered by his other interests and I don’t think he’s super good at those like he is at skating. Then again he’s young, and I think getting an education and he’s totally going through his Whole my first year of college made me smarter and more culturally in tune phase. Maybe he’ll come back but honestly I see sage and Sean off both teams by 2020.

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #28 on: May 06, 2018, 03:39:46 PM »
Dont see how they did Kenny like that considering how short most of the parts were. Made sense for Gonz because he had 60% of a part and having him share a part with just one skater would be weird.

Sean Pablo's part wasnt the best but that suicide grind he did was heat. Also before the slap rumors get out of hand, he only didnt get cheers in the .5 seconds he appeared in the intro.

I liked Kevin Rodrigues' part, lol @ another Duffel cameo with a hockey dude. We get it, white people crazy.

Expand Quote
[close]

Lol are you confusing Basquiat's hairtyle with some random Puerto Rican dude's hair from 2003?

Oh and also Zered as a skinny dude is weird. Eli only bit Alex Olson's style twice (which is pretty good). Jake Johnson is my guy but that pool footage was awkward. And Jason Jesse had more footy than everybody but Louie.

Nah I totally was more referring to the whole him getting super artsy thing , I was gonna add “but couldn’t pull it off” but I figured people would get it. It definitely is super Puerto Rican looking back still hilarious though.

SOTY

« Reply #29 on: May 06, 2018, 03:58:57 PM »
Despite having some amazing skating, Purple didn't really make me emotional. I don't understand the hate for Sean Murphy or Kevin Rodrigues. DeBobby and Louie are unbelievable talents. Every Kenny appearance is a gift from the Universe.