Author Topic: Cons purple video of the year?  (Read 13942 times)

HisDudest

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -140
Re: Cons purple video of the year?
« Reply #30 on: May 06, 2018, 04:02:41 PM »
Eli Reed is a poor man's Alex Olson (insult)
Louie Lopez is a rich man's Eric Koston (compliment)
Sean Pablo is to skateboarding as what vaping is to cigarettes (insult)
Bobby De Kyzer is a mesmirizer (compliment)

puff daddy

• Rep: -13
  • all we do is watch mtv cribs
« Reply #31 on: May 06, 2018, 04:12:17 PM »
didnt eli reed say he was filming for this harder than he was any other video ? i could count his clips on my hands

verylowimpact

• Rep: -169
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #32 on: May 06, 2018, 04:42:03 PM »
Expand Quote
Their TM did a terrible job putting together a team, half are milking it, about 1/3 the team went pro but never deserved it. Louie, bobby, milton,JJ, mike Anderson are all rad though
[close]

It's funny because I've heard from some mates that Lee [Berman] is a fucking dick!

I've watched Jake's part at least 10 times now, shit puts me in like a trance...

Had no idea people who gave rim jobs their whole lives to get where they were could be 'dicks'..lol. Pretty sure someone should be considered actually 'cool' before they could earn the title of being a 'dick' but wtf do I know.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2018, 07:45:38 PM by verylowimpact »

Swithflip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -748
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #33 on: May 06, 2018, 05:08:53 PM »
Eli Reed is a poor man's Alex Olson (insult)
Louie Lopez is a rich man's Eric Koston (compliment)
Sean Pablo is to skateboarding as what vaping is to cigarettes (insult)
Bobby De Kyzer is a mesmirizer (compliment)

Alex olson dont skates switch

I really liked Sean Pablo part. Dont is my Cup of tea bit his part was good. But Kevin Rodriguez is the most overrated dude out.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2018, 05:10:33 PM by Swithflip »

GershonSweaty

• Rep: -4
    • @_moreinformation avatar image
« Reply #34 on: May 06, 2018, 05:18:19 PM »
Enjoyed the video more than I anticipated in spite of the indulgent intro. I think it’s strength was the inclusion of everyone. Duffel got the biggest cheers at our showing.

My only two bug bares were SP and the music dropping off; it was strong all the way up to Pablo’s part and then it took a sort of hazy dreamy turn.

There was discussion surrounding all his footage looking the same and how he’s filmed from the same position each time. Does the crown of baby Dylan weigh to heavy ? I reckon he may suprise everyone still but right now the insular supreme bubble is allowing him to coast by on the same 10 tricks.

I think and feel Louie’s part could have been vastly improved by a more upbeat song choice. Its ostensive position of “last part” left me feeling a bit cold despite the insane talent and trick choice.

PincherBug

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -102
« Reply #35 on: May 06, 2018, 05:22:42 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
No guest trick for Pops?

It's nice to see Sean Pablo payed homage to Vinnie Banh with the tre flip tail grab off the kicker. Really??
[close]
looked more like an impossible tail grab
[close]

Mans had a kick ramp trick in a legit part in 2018 , dude should probably just kill himself now. And whoever said sage sucks. You ain’t wrong, well you are, but whatever talent he has is being squandered by his other interests and I don’t think he’s super good at those like he is at skating. Then again he’s young, and I think getting an education and he’s totally going through his Whole my first year of college made me smarter and more culturally in tune phase. Maybe he’ll come back but honestly I see sage and Sean off both teams by 2020.

He could of at least did it in a line but for gods sake it was a single trick.

zzz

« Reply #36 on: May 06, 2018, 05:52:32 PM »
That shit hurted my eyes, the camera or whatever. I had to take a break. Ain't bad so far though, bobby d best shaved head guy.

redux

• Rep: -5
« Reply #37 on: May 06, 2018, 06:01:33 PM »
I don't often say "wooaaahhhh" or "daaaaaammmmnnn" these days. Jaded old guy. But LL got me feeling some kind of way.

Last year I did not get all the SOTY talk. I see he was keeping all the goodies.

PeggyHillsShittySpanish

• Rep: 2
« Reply #38 on: May 06, 2018, 06:08:12 PM »
First part was my favorite aside from briefly viewing Kenny ride a skateboard. DeBobby rips. I dig that I can tell when it’s Raney, very definitive style. Jason Jessee annoys me. Sean Pablo reminds me of the uncle in “grounded for life.”

Monkey_Mcpott

« Reply #39 on: May 06, 2018, 06:19:22 PM »
First part was my favorite aside from briefly viewing Kenny ride a skateboard. DeBobby rips. I dig that I can tell when it’s Raney, very definitive style. Jason Jessee annoys me. Sean Pablo reminds me of the uncle in “grounded for life.”

Holy shit!

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 530
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #40 on: May 06, 2018, 06:27:11 PM »
I really liked this, Manderson is pumping it out lately, Bobby is always fun to watch.
the herrington stuff made me really stoked, combined with delatorre makes me wanna leave work to go skate. the last little goof off with Jason Jessee and all his guest stars was a fun way to end it

Little Debbie

« Reply #41 on: May 06, 2018, 06:50:32 PM »
another sick HPX video. i really enjoyed it, gonna be re-watching for a long time to come.

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1958
« Reply #42 on: May 06, 2018, 07:06:05 PM »
That front tail that Sage did automatically made his part good.

Mr. Fink

« Reply #43 on: May 06, 2018, 07:22:08 PM »
didnt eli reed say he was filming for this harder than he was any other video ? i could count his clips on my hands

I was thinking the same thing. I hope he releases something else soon. I love seeing Eli footage.

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #44 on: May 06, 2018, 07:45:17 PM »
Video of the year, thus far. Ben Chadourne did a great job taking risks where he could and balancing a super wildcard team while making a cohesive video with a great soundtrack. Plus, take into account all the garbage the higher-ups at Cons could have foisted on the final product (remember Snoop Dog's awful cameo in Away Days?) and it's easily the best big-box brand skate video to come out thus far.

Also, that JkJhnsn part... GODDAMN.
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

oldgoodburger

« Reply #45 on: May 06, 2018, 07:49:17 PM »
wasn't there an interview from tyshawn where he said he slapped bobby dekyzer for talking shit on sean pablo? it's cool to see they seem to have settled their "beef" but i think it's clear after this bobby is a better skater than either of them. funny how things work out in the end

IHOP

« Reply #46 on: May 06, 2018, 08:37:11 PM »
Video was pretty damn good but hoping it won't end up being the very best to come out this year...I was left kinda unsatisfied, but this was way better than Adidas video by a longshot, great job Chadourne 😇

Let's hope Al and Jake are saving their real gold for Quasi vid

Don't get your hopes up.

Al has been healing from a knee surgery for awhile now, thus the old clips in this.
Jake is jake, lets just be glad he blessed us with this.

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -484
« Reply #47 on: May 06, 2018, 08:42:01 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I was thinking the same thing. I hope he releases something else soon. I love seeing Eli footage.

I met him at my local flat ground spot a few months back and he killed it both stances just fucking around , kinda bummed more footage wasn’t in it, he even told me about a trip he took with zered and few other dudes to Boston a few weeks before and I figured they’d gotten good footage out of that by his tone.
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

ckswank

« Reply #48 on: May 06, 2018, 08:49:30 PM »
I still feel like spinning away is video of the year so far

blw843

• Rep: -34
« Reply #49 on: May 06, 2018, 09:46:44 PM »
converses are fucking gay and they need to get out of skating..same with new balance....

JumpManShorty

• Rep: -86
« Reply #50 on: May 06, 2018, 10:14:29 PM »
Kevin's part actually made me smile, but maybe it was the duffel cameos.

I dunno about video of the year, it just didn't stick with me. Dope skating tho. Sound track was weird at times

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #51 on: May 06, 2018, 10:20:27 PM »
Good video, but I think in the last year both Palasonic and LSD were better, although, it is the best full length of 2018 so far.

I felt part of the video felt a bit rushed due to only being seriously filmed over a year, but Louie and Bobby absolutely delivered. JJ, Delatorre and Manderson also came through. Any Kenny footage is good. Also enjoyed the Herrington, Eli Reed and Zered section. It just felt like way too many people were relegated to shared parts for an actual full length. I get a lot of these guys though should have footage in upcoming full-lengths (Sage) or just dropped footage (Manderson, Louie), but most of those dudes actually came through with heavy stuff.

deathturd

• Rep: 88
« Reply #52 on: May 06, 2018, 10:22:38 PM »
Sean Pabpalardo? Maybe it's just the scoliosis look..

« Last Edit: May 06, 2018, 11:40:40 PM by deathturd »

blw843

• Rep: -34
« Reply #53 on: May 06, 2018, 10:40:46 PM »
watching some of it and i been out the loop for a while but wtf is up with videos these days..you wouldnt of seen 98% of shit like this in "sorry"....they sure dont make em like they used to...this "hipster" uptown new york style is trash

Plop

« Reply #54 on: May 06, 2018, 10:49:11 PM »
And maybe Kenny’s footage into one?

on it

Buck Russell

• Rep: -318
  • Bug or gnat?
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #55 on: May 06, 2018, 10:55:58 PM »
at the risk of sounding positive, this is a really good video.

louie lopez kinda like this year's taigo idc about your politics if you like skateboarding, he's amazing.

mostly good music throughout as well. solid B+

Zurg

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #56 on: May 06, 2018, 11:04:06 PM »
what about the other sean? that streetcar track ollie was fucked up

fulfillthedream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 310
« Reply #57 on: May 07, 2018, 12:08:29 AM »
when did rayney get on? why are they pushing KA as the Gonz for cons?
Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[

Justis

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 243
  • illinoying
« Reply #58 on: May 07, 2018, 12:54:55 AM »
Kevin Rodrigues part was fun to watch, gonna give it a rewatch which I don't often do

puff daddy

• Rep: -13
  • all we do is watch mtv cribs
« Reply #59 on: May 07, 2018, 01:13:05 AM »
wasn't there an interview from tyshawn where he said he slapped bobby dekyzer for talking shit on sean pablo? it's cool to see they seem to have settled their "beef" but i think it's clear after this bobby is a better skater than either of them. funny how things work out in the end
that beef thing is from from Chimas heaps chat interview

i wouldnt say bobbys better than tyshawn. tyshawn is probably the only supreme kid thats skating to his full potential its amazing to watch him keep progressing. bobbys def better than sean tho