Author Topic: Cons purple video of the year?  (Read 13947 times)

Sammich

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 2
Re: Cons purple video of the year?
« Reply #90 on: May 11, 2018, 03:45:51 PM »
Manderson is becoming one of my favorites.

DM

• Rep: 25
« Reply #91 on: May 11, 2018, 04:34:01 PM »
kevin Rodrigues rides some big wheels, must be at least 56-58mm. Am I nerd for noticing?

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1303
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #92 on: May 11, 2018, 05:31:20 PM »
kevin Rodrigues rides some big wheels, must be at least 56-58mm. Am I nerd for noticing?

Don't trip, I thought the same thing. Maybe he loves crusty spots? Everything he had tricks on seemed to be rougher than normal.
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

DM

• Rep: 25
« Reply #93 on: May 11, 2018, 05:41:15 PM »
I ride 58's and absolutely love them but I'm English and it's a bit crustier. I think they look pretty good but get ripped because that's what old bowl trolls ride

Extreme Prejudice

• Rep: -3
« Reply #94 on: May 12, 2018, 10:04:41 AM »
Absolutely not.

This video is almost never good.  It's only palatable when we view it through the lens of our constant skate media hangover.  In my opinion it's half the team, half the filmer.  There is nothing that stands out in this video and that's the problem.  I felt like I was having an out of body experience watching Bobby D's part.  "This is incredible skateboarding, but why am I not enjoying this?"  Sage Elesser fucking sucks.  His skateboarding is like the "this could be us, but you playing" meme.  He has the potential to be a next level, what it seems that Sean Pablo is striving for, but he just never makes it.  I think the hair is what's ruining it for me.  It's so dumb to be stuck on someone's hair choices, but god damn it, there is literally a different hair style for every trick.

Kevin Rodrigues's part is the closest to good we get outside of the NY dude triple share or JJ's part.  I love how genuinely excited about skateboarding he seems to be.  He might also be the first person since Dylan to look cool smoking a cigarette in a skate video.  More crazy pants and excitement>Sean Pablo. 

I don't know who I'm skipping, but fucking Sean Pablo has got to fucking go.  Like even more than Chad Bourne or whatever the lazy man editing this calls himself.  Sean Pablo has the most limited trick selection and after rewatching Dylan's Cherry part (R.I.P), the arm thing is for sure on purpose.  Jason Dill is nearly beyond reproach and I think that the "turning the young dudes on FA pro early" thing is super smart, but holy shit, Sean Pablo is the  outlier.  That impossible into the wheel chair cut is fucking sick.  So fucking sick.  Aside from that, I never want to see his false intensity gaze upon the obstacle, a impossible tail grab, or his garbage wardrobe again.

The one bright spot that I can think of is Dela.  Holy fucking shit is Brian Delatorre underrated.  Al Davis too.  Fuck it, the entire GX crew.  Adam Taylor, Dela, and Al Davis deserve so much more shine.  Like all the shine that funk faker Jason Jesse gets should be directed towards the GX dudes.  This is what skateboarding is and should be.  Dela and Al Davis are some of the lone bright spots in this shit film.

I don't remember when the 3 NY dudes come in, but god damn, this is where I hate Ben Chad Bourne.  How do I not enjoy Aaron Herrington skateboarding?  With him Bourne filming.  I waited to drop this, but he has to be the worst filmer since Chris Thiesen.  I want to love Eli Reed skating China Banks, but why do I hate it?  This shit video is why I hate it.

I saw someone wasn't hyped on JJ skating a pool, and while that footage isn't that great, I think it's just the hangover from watching this garbage video that made them hate it.  JJ is the best.  My god this video is nearly unwatchable.

Too Long, Didn't Read:  I hate this video, I hate Sean Pablo's clothes, I am a shit writer, skateboarding triple sucks in 2018, Weckingball is our savior, fuck Converse, take Ben Chad Bourne's cameras away.  All of them.

P.S.  Jason Jesse is a NAZI and if you put your own music to this video, it makes it so much better.  Take Bed Chan Bourde's cameras away.

nopes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 85
  • Bob loseedo wears a speedo
« Reply #95 on: May 12, 2018, 10:14:45 AM »
How do you write all that and forget mike andeson

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1958
« Reply #96 on: May 12, 2018, 11:11:40 AM »
Absolutely not.

This video is almost never good.  It's only palatable when we view it through the lens of our constant skate media hangover.  In my opinion it's half the team, half the filmer.  There is nothing that stands out in this video and that's the problem.  I felt like I was having an out of body experience watching Bobby D's part.  "This is incredible skateboarding, but why am I not enjoying this?"  Sage Elesser fucking sucks.  His skateboarding is like the "this could be us, but you playing" meme.  He has the potential to be a next level, what it seems that Sean Pablo is striving for, but he just never makes it.  I think the hair is what's ruining it for me.  It's so dumb to be stuck on someone's hair choices, but god damn it, there is literally a different hair style for every trick.

Kevin Rodrigues's part is the closest to good we get outside of the NY dude triple share or JJ's part.  I love how genuinely excited about skateboarding he seems to be.  He might also be the first person since Dylan to look cool smoking a cigarette in a skate video.  More crazy pants and excitement>Sean Pablo. 

I don't know who I'm skipping, but fucking Sean Pablo has got to fucking go.  Like even more than Chad Bourne or whatever the lazy man editing this calls himself.  Sean Pablo has the most limited trick selection and after rewatching Dylan's Cherry part (R.I.P), the arm thing is for sure on purpose.  Jason Dill is nearly beyond reproach and I think that the "turning the young dudes on FA pro early" thing is super smart, but holy shit, Sean Pablo is the  outlier.  That impossible into the wheel chair cut is fucking sick.  So fucking sick.  Aside from that, I never want to see his false intensity gaze upon the obstacle, a impossible tail grab, or his garbage wardrobe again.

The one bright spot that I can think of is Dela.  Holy fucking shit is Brian Delatorre underrated.  Al Davis too.  Fuck it, the entire GX crew.  Adam Taylor, Dela, and Al Davis deserve so much more shine.  Like all the shine that funk faker Jason Jesse gets should be directed towards the GX dudes.  This is what skateboarding is and should be.  Dela and Al Davis are some of the lone bright spots in this shit film.

I don't remember when the 3 NY dudes come in, but god damn, this is where I hate Ben Chad Bourne.  How do I not enjoy Aaron Herrington skateboarding?  With him Bourne filming.  I waited to drop this, but he has to be the worst filmer since Chris Thiesen.  I want to love Eli Reed skating China Banks, but why do I hate it?  This shit video is why I hate it.

I saw someone wasn't hyped on JJ skating a pool, and while that footage isn't that great, I think it's just the hangover from watching this garbage video that made them hate it.  JJ is the best.  My god this video is nearly unwatchable.

Too Long, Didn't Read:  I hate this video, I hate Sean Pablo's clothes, I am a shit writer, skateboarding triple sucks in 2018, Weckingball is our savior, fuck Converse, take Ben Chad Bourne's cameras away.  All of them.

P.S.  Jason Jesse is a NAZI and if you put your own music to this video, it makes it so much better.  Take Bed Chan Bourde's cameras away.

I couldn't imagine feeling this strongly about any piece of skateboarding media whether I liked it or not.

Dwyck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 150
  • Harley-Davidson Ironwing
« Reply #97 on: May 12, 2018, 11:14:31 AM »
dropping an essay for your 3rd post is the best way to get ignored
Regular stance is a mental disorder defined by the DSM-5

NootNoot

« Reply #98 on: May 12, 2018, 11:51:59 AM »

Listen to Dwyck he knows what he’s talking about when it comes to this stuff. Sheer expertise he makes people want to ignore him with posts that are usually a single sentence.

Surf-goth

• Rep: -677
« Reply #99 on: May 12, 2018, 01:03:06 PM »
Absolutely not.

Weckingball is our savior? Get fucked.
Rest in peace Dick Dale.

Dwyck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 150
  • Harley-Davidson Ironwing
« Reply #100 on: May 12, 2018, 01:15:26 PM »

Listen to Dwyck he knows what he’s talking about when it comes to this stuff. Sheer expertise he makes people want to ignore him with posts that are usually a single sentence.

what happened that made Slap become a Night of the Living Dead complete with hordes of hobbling drooling contrarians who make a new account after their shtick has worn off? did they mention this aging bloated corpse of a site on Viceland or something
Regular stance is a mental disorder defined by the DSM-5

Extreme Prejudice

• Rep: -3
« Reply #101 on: May 12, 2018, 01:43:33 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

what happened that made Slap become a Night of the Living Dead complete with hordes of hobbling drooling contrarians who make a new account after their shtick has worn off? did they mention this aging bloated corpse of a site on Viceland or something

Shtick has worn off?  I had an account here in the mid 2000's and don't remember it.  I don't have a shtick.  Ignore away.

NootNoot

« Reply #102 on: May 12, 2018, 02:57:19 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Are you talking about yourself? Don’t be so self-deprecating it was just a joke.

Edit: I think I understand what you’re saying, basically “shut up and let me be a condescending prick in peace” is that right?
« Last Edit: May 12, 2018, 03:06:49 PM by NootNoot »

jawano

• Rep: -16
« Reply #103 on: May 12, 2018, 03:59:45 PM »
Absolutely not.

Your opinions fucking suck.

Made In China

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 645
« Reply #104 on: May 12, 2018, 05:45:44 PM »
Dude with the essay kind of reminds me of the @feedback_ts guy on instagram

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 263
« Reply #105 on: May 12, 2018, 09:03:30 PM »
Expand Quote
Absolutely not.

[close]
Your opinions fucking suck.

Kevin Rodrigues being genuinely excited to skate made me laugh pretty hard.  Also, I think Chad Bourne was the guy who did the Storm

reptar_bar

• Rep: -7
« Reply #106 on: May 12, 2018, 09:13:53 PM »
Crazy to me anyone could hate on Ben C for this video. The filming was fucking great and the editing on point as well. Sure a few song choices were meh, but how often is every song in a video perfect? Dude delivered HD skateboarding how it should be. If you disagree your a flat earther

darkslideoftheforce

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -24
« Reply #107 on: May 13, 2018, 01:47:46 AM »
just saw it, tbh i expected more heavy footage, but whatever. music was nothing special, like some other dude said on here i liked sean pablo's song quite a lot. the whole thing really reminded me of watching away days and being just as underwhelmed by that one. big brand skate videos are so fucking boring now. gotta love jake johnson ps part though

also, that typewritten poem in the beginning was pretty cringe worthy if you ask me. maybe sean pablo wrote it..?
« Last Edit: May 13, 2018, 11:28:42 AM by darkslideoftheforce »

streetsoup

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -32
« Reply #108 on: May 18, 2018, 06:07:55 PM »
I didn't think it would be, but definitely not anymore.

McFarty

• Rep: -35
« Reply #109 on: May 18, 2018, 06:12:08 PM »

KNOPE THIS

rejectpaul

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -48
  • No sense makes sense.
« Reply #110 on: May 20, 2018, 04:16:13 AM »
Hi, just trying to get these bullshit racist thr reads to page 2
Ty Evans doesn't do what Ty Evans does for Ty Evans. Ty Evans does what Ty Evans does because Ty Evans is... Ty Evans

Todd Falcon > Tony Hawk

billyerlife

« Reply #111 on: May 20, 2018, 08:13:19 AM »
just saw it, tbh i expected more heavy footage, but whatever. music was nothing special, like some other dude said on here i liked sean pablo's song quite a lot. the whole thing really reminded me of watching away days and being just as underwhelmed by that one. big brand skate videos are so fucking boring now. gotta love jake johnson ps part though

also, that typewritten poem in the beginning was pretty cringe worthy if you ask me. maybe sean pablo wrote it..?

Lord, save me from anymore poetry at all, but especially poems written by teenage 'atheletes' who've never read a poem by anyone else before.

Pigeon

« Reply #112 on: May 20, 2018, 08:34:42 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Lord, save me from anymore poetry at all, but especially poems written by teenage 'atheletes' who've never read a poem by anyone else before.
He’s a sensitive guy. You’ll hurt his feelings if he reads this. Shame on you.

ChrisSennsGirlfriend

• Rep: 126
« Reply #113 on: May 20, 2018, 01:36:49 PM »
Sean Pabpalardo? Maybe it's just the scoliosis look..

this. it REALLY does not compute for me when people say at least he has good style. his fucked up elephant man posture where he puts his whole torso parallel to the ground with his shoulders above his head on every single run up is so aesthetically gross and distracting.

and it's not just diagnostic of being tall, big dudes like BA get super low on wind ups all the time, but seem to always keep their heads up rather than pushing it between their shoulders like a turtle protecting themselves.
Mike Anderson is a small town labor union hottie