Author Topic: Jason Jessee is a Nazi and Santa Cruz loves him  (Read 87161 times)

dstrytruitt, neil., PeggyHillsShittySpanish, Garth Marenghi, wallawallawa, 416jonz, doyle, Chris, sleestak, Moses Clopton, ihatejulio, Zumiez And Xanax, MisterX, streetsoup, admin (+ 1 Hidden) and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Gay Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -403
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
#GMOsbeforeHoes #-65gforRyfe #teamdogdrugs

#lobsterlivesmatter #thenumbers1and8offendme #yearoftheeagle #tatergate2018

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 164
Re: Jason Jessee is a Nazi and Santa Cruz loves him
« Reply #1051 on: May 17, 2018, 01:44:39 AM »
You lot all talking about skate Nazi's and think they are a gang of white supremacists are idiots.  The whole point of skate Nazi is 100% skateboarder,  skateboarding or nothing else.  So best try think before brandishing a whole skate scene as racist.  Also the swastika being a symbol of skate Nazi was not being used in a racist manner it was to reflect the skate Nazi 100% mind.  Also the swastika is punk it shocks people it doesn't mean you believe in it.  Sid vicious wore swastikas as did the rest of the sex pistols,  Tony Hawk listens to the sex pistols does that mean he is a Nazi by association?  Or just a Nazi supporter.  I don't agree with JJ's comments in that interview but he was obviously going through a period in his life where he thought he was the shit. No excuse but he is an idiot,  not a racist
That "trying to be edgy and shock people" is the dumbest excuse and been said on almost every page in this thread. But yeah I'm sure that's why he's cool with  that white power band too he's trying to shock everyone 100% Nazi so fucking edgy dude

Still havent mentioned about tony hawk being a racist cos he listens to these bands. Boycott him. In fact why dont you lot boycott skateboarding altogether?? Anti-hero use the abreviation 18 which was nazi code for adolf hitler and code for many neo nazi groups including C18 boycott them? All you lot are is a bunch of internet trolls constantly trying to find something to have a winge up about. Go out and skate for fuck sake fucking loser kooks!

https://www.theodysseyonline.com/why-80s-uk-punks-wore-swastikas

The first line of that article refers to the Sex Pistols as an 80s punk band...so perhaps not the most credible source

The time difference keeps me from skating right now. 

1-8 is dumb for AntiHero to use but is not an overt or widely used nazi symbol.   Everyone in skateboarding knows itís used just as an abbreviation of their brand particularly because of the Jewish owner. 

Equating tony hawk listening to Sex Pistols who wore nazi stuff at one point (which was tasteless but did not reflect their personal beliefs) to supporting a band of white supremacists is a dumb argument and I think you know that.   I hope you know that.

Ok, but if your a skateboarder and you wear a swazi then that does reflect your personal beliefs?

I guess the difference is that Jason Jessee has worn swastikas over decades overtly and subtly amongst other white power symbols and the Sex Pistols were a bunch of stupid teens dressed by Malcolm macLaren to evoke and court controversy and grew out of such adolescent displays once they retained some agency and matured.   But sure, keep on not getting the difference after 35 pages of this...

Why the fuck would i read 35 pages of dumb net nerd bullshit. Suns out, im going skating. chow

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 718
« Reply #1052 on: May 17, 2018, 01:47:26 AM »
Chow? Didn't realize we were dealing with a man of culture.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1053 on: May 17, 2018, 01:51:06 AM »
Chow? Didn't realize we were dealing with a man of culture.

Clearly an Oxford man

smokecrack

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -237
« Reply #1054 on: May 17, 2018, 01:55:55 AM »
This fucking dork said "chow". 😭

This thread just keeps on delivering.

LOU.502

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 51
  • rawr
« Reply #1055 on: May 17, 2018, 01:56:16 AM »
  Long time lurker here. I usually come here to laugh my ass off, but this thread sucks. Great thread to pop my cherry on though.

This whole thing is kind of sickening really. I live near Jason Jesse but have not had the pleasure to meet him. I know a few people who are very close to him and love him. Yes that Iron Horse interview was definitely out of line, but I think that might of been a serious rough patch in his life. He was young and Im sure he's been regretting that interview far longer than any of you have even known about it.

He apologized and I really think he was sincere. A public apology doesn't seem like something he would be good at but he did it and he did it because all you guys wanted it. I think he really does want to love and be loved in todays skateboarding.

It might sound lame to you guys I know but the swastika stuff really is chalked up to shock value. Punk rock, 70s skate culture, Old chopper style. They were everywhere. It was meant to piss people off and scare them a lot like skateboarding did and still does (a little bit). Is he a white supremacist? I really don't think so. He might of had some hatred towards others when he was young but it doesn't seem that way anymore. Ive seen countless Bay Area rap references and other black culture references in his IG stories. A person who hates black people probably wouldnt be into that stuff.

He's also well known in lowrider culture and in the Dukes car club which I believe he was the only white member allowed in. They don't seem to mind his past. Maybe because they know him personally.

You guys are trying to end his career and life in skateboarding and your upset because his friends aren't doing the same. I would say either accept his apology or don't. Don't buy his product or do. Im willing to bet most of you would change your opinion very quickly if you got to discuss it with him in person. Things like this usually turn out that way.

Happy new Slap member

It isnít punk rock.  In fact many punk bands, notably the Clash, fought against nazism and fascist appropriation of their music. 

What you donít seem to get, despite it being made repeatedly and abundantly clear was this was not a one off moment a la Duffelís Big Brother interview.   He has many instances back then such as w/ Peanut Brown, wearing a White Power and Nazi sticker on his helmet, and the Iron Horse Interview.   Thatís attempting to be wiped clean by saying itís the folly of youth and his provocative nature.  However, that behavior has continued past that point where he continues to wear Nazi iconography, design clothes for skate companies with those same images, and support white supremecist bands such as the Highway murderers and even pose with them on the back of Thrasher magazine in a Mob Grip ad.   These events have taken place within the last decade.

The problem is, if these arenít his real beliefs, is that he wants to have his cake and eat it too.  If he wants to be provocative you canít cry foul when you provoke people.   But people will be provoked by this stuff because itís different these days.    This shit may have flown in years past, but this is the fucking Trump era when racists and hate groups are emboldened and march with tiki torches and run people down with cars who they disagree with.   Being a nazi isnít an abstract concept or an ad hominem attack, theyíve been hiding in plain sight and finally feel comfortable showing themselves. 

Iím obviously not accusing Jason Jessee of doing anything to that harmful degree, but he should pick a side and be man enough to deal with the consequences rather than pussy foot around a half baked apology to keep the industry happy and his tough customer buddies not feeling alienated to keep your image.   There arenít good people on both sides

The Peanut Brown incident, the Swastika/White power stickers on his helmet and the Iron Horse interview happened long before Duffels Big Brother Interview came out if I am correct. If Duffel can apologize and be forgiven for the folly of youth then why can't Jason?

Your right about some Punk Bands being anti racist, but not all were like that. Sex Pistols wore a lot of Vivienne Westwood clothing with Swastikas branded on them to scare the public and media, I really think thats the reason this imagery has transferred over into this arena, just to shock people and its clearly worked with most of you being upset. I was in Tokyo last year and  I saw a shirt with little swastikas on it at a well known streetwear store that appeals toward the huge Americana/Chopper/Skate culture they have there. Are they trying to promote the killing of jews? Probably not. Are they trying to be edgy and punk rock? Yes probably so.

As far as him being man enough? He went on IG and not only spoke on video but wrote a letter. Addressing you guys. He's not a politician so don't expect some beautifully written PR speech. He told you he loved you for god sake!

Everything has to be either this way or that way now a days. Pick your side....Versus....I hate that word.

p.s I think we all forgave Derek Vineyard at the end of American History X and he killed a guy!! ;D
Corey Duffel was a fucking child,and he was relentlessly called out (as is happening now with jjjaaassssoooonnn jjeeessseeeee), universally hated and his career was all but ruined. Corey also didnít straight up sport nazi shit for the majority of his life, he was a stupid kid who, at the very least, provided many, many seemingly incredibly genuine heartfelt apologies and made efforts to mend burnt bridges (Stevie got me on venture!Ē) it doesnít make it right, Corey said some truly horrible stupid shit as a teenager, but paid dearly.

ďSorry I said some shit 24 years ago when I was already really old but still short, Iím not an apologier and  I donít really feel bad, but itís cool cuz Iím jjaassoonn JjeesseesseeeseeeseĒ

im probably lying

IHOP

• Rep: 22
« Reply #1056 on: May 17, 2018, 02:03:57 AM »
You lot all talking about skate Nazi's and think they are a gang of white supremacists are idiots.  The whole point of skate Nazi is 100% skateboarder,  skateboarding or nothing else.  So best try think before brandishing a whole skate scene as racist.  Also the swastika being a symbol of skate Nazi was not being used in a racist manner it was to reflect the skate Nazi 100% mind.  Also the swastika is punk it shocks people it doesn't mean you believe in it.  Sid vicious wore swastikas as did the rest of the sex pistols,  Tony Hawk listens to the sex pistols does that mean he is a Nazi by association?  Or just a Nazi supporter.  I don't agree with JJ's comments in that interview but he was obviously going through a period in his life where he thought he was the shit. No excuse but he is an idiot,  not a racist
That "trying to be edgy and shock people" is the dumbest excuse and been said on almost every page in this thread. But yeah I'm sure that's why he's cool with  that white power band too he's trying to shock everyone 100% Nazi so fucking edgy dude

Please find me some more photos of members of the sex pistols wearing swastikas besides that pile sid.  Sex pistols suck anyways, if you think shock value is punk put a hanging black person on your shirt, or a photo of a jew being gassed, it means the same fucking thing so might as well use the "shock value" huh?

Theres pretty much all members displaying them. As well as Siouxsie. And anti-facist band reagan youth.

Yea I was surprised you didnt use that photo first for reagan youth
"Cause we are
Reagan youth heil, heil, heil
Reagan youth heil, heil, heil
Reagan youth seig heil"
That was their whole shtick, its pretty blatant that the point of the band was calling out how stupid racists were. At a time when reagan was in office, seeing a poster that says "reagans youth" with klan members makes a pretty bold political statement about the administration   They aren't at all in the same category as sex pistols or any of those people besides being a popular punk band.  Different areas at different times.

I stand corrected on how many more people wore swastikas in UK punk but doesnt change anything, they were idiots too.   Just because something was "punk" doesnt make it defendable. 

In the article you provided me, to defend your point, it says "Obviously today, the topic of bearing a swastika, whether out of mere rebellious fashion or political means isn't seen as much of a debatable issue" which is the exact issue at hand, that you are arguing in favor of.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2018, 02:08:20 AM by IHOP »
only in skateboarding is putting an adult in a position where they might have to actually work for their income "ruining their life"  ::)

LOU.502

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 51
  • rawr
« Reply #1057 on: May 17, 2018, 02:04:06 AM »

Still havent mentioned about tony hawk being a racist cos he listens to these bands. Boycott him. In fact why dont you lot boycott skateboarding altogether?? Anti-hero use the abreviation 18 which was nazi code for adolf hitler and code for many neo nazi groups including C18 boycott them? All you lot are is a bunch of internet trolls constantly trying to find something to have a winge up about. Go out and skate for fuck sake fucking loser kooks!

https://www.theodysseyonline.com/why-80s-uk-punks-wore-swastikas

The first line of that article refers to the Sex Pistols as an 80s punk band...so perhaps not the most credible source

The time difference keeps me from skating right now. 

1-8 is dumb for AntiHero to use but is not an overt or widely used nazi symbol.   Everyone in skateboarding knows itís used just as an abbreviation of their brand particularly because of the Jewish owner. 

Equating tony hawk listening to Sex Pistols who wore nazi stuff at one point (which was tasteless but did not reflect their personal beliefs) to supporting a band of white supremacists is a dumb argument and I think you know that.   I hope you know that.

Ok, but if your a skateboarder and you wear a swazi then that does reflect your personal beliefs?

I guess the difference is that Jason Jessee has worn swastikas over decades overtly and subtly amongst other white power symbols and the Sex Pistols were a bunch of stupid teens dressed by Malcolm macLaren to evoke and court controversy and grew out of such adolescent displays once they retained some agency and matured.   But sure, keep on not getting the difference after 35 pages of this...

Why the fuck would i read 35 pages of dumb net nerd bullshit. Suns out, im going skating. chow
Youíre going skating? Doubt it, sick sign off though! Really feel like you drove your point home, huh? You donít deserve skating, snap a femur

im probably lying

OldieButFrenchie

• Rep: 30
« Reply #1058 on: May 17, 2018, 02:08:51 AM »
this whole clusterfuck really reminds me of why I was disappointed in California when I finally stayed there a few months in the 90's, after years of fantasizing about it over in Europe, like it's some skaters' paradise.... it's a nice place but culture is pretty non-existent (for a dude coming from Paris) and race relations are fucked.

what bums me out even more is I actually liked Jessee's part in that Cons vid Purple.

also I'd like to hear Dressen's take on this. He's from the same generation as Jessee and still rides for SC, is he bothered by the whole thing?

IHOP

• Rep: 22
« Reply #1059 on: May 17, 2018, 02:10:29 AM »
Im just surprised he linked me to an article that specifically states swastikas worn today, for whatever purpose aren't debatable.
only in skateboarding is putting an adult in a position where they might have to actually work for their income "ruining their life"  ::)

Jive Turkey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 95
« Reply #1060 on: May 17, 2018, 02:14:26 AM »
This fucking dork said "chow". 😭

This thread just keeps on delivering.
^This

I'm fucking dying.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1061 on: May 17, 2018, 02:16:35 AM »
this whole clusterfuck really reminds me of why I was disappointed in California when I finally stayed there a few months in the 90's, after years of fantasizing about it over in Europe, like it's some skaters' paradise.... it's a nice place but culture is pretty non-existent (for a dude coming from Paris) and race relations are fucked.

what bums me out even more is I actually liked Jessee's part in that Cons vid Purple.

also I'd like to hear Dressen's take on this. He's from the same generation as Jessee and still rides for SC, is he bothered by the whole thing?

Wagons have circled.   Seemed like whole Cons team was chilling at Jesseeís house today via Delas IG - even KA and Al D

Mystical Leader

• Rep: -55
« Reply #1062 on: May 17, 2018, 02:16:53 AM »
hey indy, cons, santacruz I'd like to make a collaboration with you guys. Heres my logo

Any takers?

louie the taurus

• Rep: -16
« Reply #1063 on: May 17, 2018, 02:45:27 AM »
ďI love minorities so much, I want them to dieĒ
  -Jason Jesse

underrated

Hercules Rockefeller

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -98
  • i`m a double-bacon-genius-burger.
« Reply #1064 on: May 17, 2018, 03:03:47 AM »
to everybody defending him: try switching his swastikas with the burning twin towers and then see how you feel about that. but yeah, all iím good fun right? no ideology or anything behind it.

goddamn people.
instagram.com/used_shoe/

iwshilvdnfinland

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -129
« Reply #1065 on: May 17, 2018, 03:38:40 AM »
CHOW

PuffinMuffin

• Rep: 40
« Reply #1066 on: May 17, 2018, 03:42:15 AM »
CHOW

For real, a shitty boy band, the Sex Pistols and Tony Hawk in one post? Hope he landed his nightmare flips without primoing.

Pete

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 158
  • Free Max B
« Reply #1067 on: May 17, 2018, 04:01:22 AM »
Someone get the big homie RadRat to clear this up.

Free max b
FREE MAX B

Beeda Weeda

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 500

augor

• Rep: -6
« Reply #1069 on: May 17, 2018, 04:09:11 AM »
how is everyone saying this is fake? how is it you are saying he's changed in 48hrs. This guy is a product of his environment. It fucking sucks that he went down this whack rode but he survived and changed years ago. Anyone that has met him and talked with him would see that. Too many of you have your tiki torches lit and ready to burn it down. What did JJ do to you??? At the end of the day people fuck up all the times. say stupid fucking shit and might be real pieces of shit. But at what point are they allowed back? Is it right to hide behind a keyboard and bash someone you really don't know? i think that's just as bad as saying the shit he said. At least he took time to apologize wether you believe it or not doesn't matter. We are all faceless keyboard trolls. If you have a real issue with JJ hit him up about it but hopping on instagram and saying useless shit doesn't help any of this. Stop being apart of the problem and start being apart of the solution. JJ is trying...what are you doing???

Ensuring this thread stay at the top of SLAP boards to send the message to his sponsors that the mass majority our diverse community of skaters don't back what this dude is was about. Hoping that a larger conversation about equality can be had. Hoping to educate folks that the only way we work through this is to keep it on the forefront of everyone's minds to discuss and face our hard truths. Hoping to educate folks that by letting his apology stand as the end all be all, "nothing more to see here" is not fair to the minorities (or everyone) who've backed these brands for the same number of decades JJ was sporting his racist/anti-semite gear.

I dont hate JJ at all. I want JJ & his sponsors to really face the truths behind these images & positions they've kept for far too long. It's time to educate and empathize in skateboarding.

Uber disrupted the Taxi industry
AirBnB disrupted the Hotel Industry

Most disruptions in history are later viewed as progress...

JJ is hopefully disrupting the Skate Industry.

Both of the brought forth an alternative to the traditional businesses. what alternative to skateboards or their associated products do you wish to substitute?

Gentle Jones

• Rep: 47
  • I am burdened with glorious purpose
    • Gentle Jones Secret Headquarters
« Reply #1070 on: May 17, 2018, 04:12:40 AM »
stop trying to act like swastikas are punk rock. its a white power symbol. period.

every punk scene i know in the 1980s and 1990s was constantly kicking nazis out of the scene.

the skate nazis are a bunch of white boys patting each other on the back and saying white power shit. miss me with that.

i am not down with skate nazis, neo-nazis, or any other type of nazi. period. them dudes are all trash.

fuck the skate nazis and everyone who loves them. jason jessee and jay adams are proof that shit is racist.
www.deadendskates.com this is me instagram.com/p/BM4b5i1juTk

ShoeProblem

• Rep: 4
« Reply #1071 on: May 17, 2018, 04:16:31 AM »
I have to imagine that Nike/Cons are running the numbers right now, which...it's still a bummer.

My Emericas fit better anyways.

Gentle Jones

• Rep: 47
  • I am burdened with glorious purpose
    • Gentle Jones Secret Headquarters
« Reply #1072 on: May 17, 2018, 04:19:44 AM »
www.deadendskates.com this is me instagram.com/p/BM4b5i1juTk

BMCsteve

• Rep: 5
« Reply #1073 on: May 17, 2018, 04:20:39 AM »

QueeferMadness

• Rep: -269
  • Don't Fear The Queefer
« Reply #1074 on: May 17, 2018, 04:25:22 AM »
Congrats on nearly 40 pages nerds.

slappies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 339
« Reply #1075 on: May 17, 2018, 04:36:24 AM »
Congrats on nearly 40 dogs fucked, dog fucker.
CRACK RAIDER RAZOR

DISTANT RUMOURS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 127
« Reply #1076 on: May 17, 2018, 04:45:02 AM »
CHOW BELLA!!!

Frank

• Rep: 40
« Reply #1077 on: May 17, 2018, 05:08:21 AM »
swastika stuff really is chalked up to shock value. Punk rock, 70s skate culture, Old chopper style. They were everywhere.

these people were idiots and you are using very primitive forms of subculture to legitimize the casual use of a symbol that stands for genocide for your batshit insane neighborhood friend. in other words, just because the first "real" skaters happened to be fucking kooks that drew swastikas, doesn't mean it's ok now. also who even knows about that? the heritage of skateboarding is not common knowledge among society, i doubt regular people emphasize or even care about it or why some idiots that skate emulate the worst parts of redneck-biker lifestyle.

as for destroying his career, the guy is basically, like andy roy, a dude who could never work a normal job and who gets by by being famous in skateboarding and car culture because of his eccentricities alone, not quality work. imho his art fucking sucks, his bikes are mostly unable to be ridden, he skates the same but worse than 20 years before and the famous only white member in purely mexican carclub was always the standard rebuttal to the nazi stuff, not convincing. the dude is basically on skate welfare at this point, as most legacy pros, there's no career, his career is standing besides younger skaters in photos so they can insta it and say what a "legend" he is. that is all he has to do now, no fucking career there. maybe the dude should have learned how to actually put together a bike that rides, i don't know.

also, defending the whole redneck white power biker thing basically as in "it is what it is" is fucking weak.

you shouldn't have made the effort to create an account, but since you're here, as another poster said, try running a swastika in israel or germany and see how far you make it with the "swazis are just edgy, duuuuude, it's 70s skate culture" excuse.

feedmeseymour

• Rep: 105
  • If you push mongo switch, you're wack.
« Reply #1078 on: May 17, 2018, 05:21:20 AM »
Schmitty is a SLAP message board pussy.

Juicyboy

• Rep: -2
« Reply #1079 on: May 17, 2018, 05:28:35 AM »
People trying to even defend and supporting this kook are idiots! This is a great example of entitlement. Heís surely thought through how donning swastikas on his gloves, bikes, jackets etc must make POC and Jewish folks feel. Now heís been called out is giving some bullshit apology and people are eating it up? Nah, no way. Playing dress up to be edgy or not this idiot needs to do better than that half assed apology.