Author Topic: Jason Jessee is a Nazi and Santa Cruz loves him  (Read 270025 times)

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -409
Re: Jason Jessee is a Nazi and Santa Cruz loves him
« Reply #1080 on: May 17, 2018, 06:53:06 AM »
Pretty sure dude and his daughter are full neo natzis.  If it was shock value why's she organizing shows for a band that wants to "fuck up -------" with an axe on their insta?  Highway murders are the only band in Cali the movement has as far as I know.   I feel if you read this thread you can ascertain passed the 'using symbols to be edgy' at this point.   The guy is full affiliated neo natzi by all appearences (and its not just the gear its the brotherhood he's part of)  Would be sick to hear him admit it.
message of love (bring the mean locals cookies)

QueeferMadness

• Rep: -322
  • Don't Fear The Queefer
« Reply #1081 on: May 17, 2018, 06:57:40 AM »
I have a huge flag from world war 2 and some other war memorabilia, does this make a nazi?
Just curious

cosmicgypsies

• Rep: 116
« Reply #1082 on: May 17, 2018, 07:01:49 AM »
is ben raybourn a racist for using killing an arab in a video part

Kel Varnsen

• Rep: 1

Jehoshaphat Augustus

• Rep: -241
« Reply #1084 on: May 17, 2018, 07:06:48 AM »
The nine club experience usually does a news-type segment.  I got $50 that says they don't touch any of this. Pussies
BRUHHHH
no one is talking about this except sorta Ryan Lay, the entire industry is playing ball, out of need for self preservation. They need these companies to stay successful. It's like if someone started talking about Harvey Weinstein's behavior 5 years ago: its just way easier to pretend it didn't happen so most of these losers don't have to work hourly employment to survive. Its really a simple matter of "My quality of life vs. yours"

Fuck professional skateboarding at large. Whores. Filthy creatures. mercenaries.
They are highly skilled starfuckers, they will be down with you as long as they can stay popular, by any means necessary.

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -409
« Reply #1085 on: May 17, 2018, 07:14:00 AM »
I have a huge flag from world war 2 and some other war memorabilia, does this make a nazi?
Just curious

Just go to the highway murders show, and get those neo natzis and everyone else who's a neo natzi in California to worship you.  Then make your bitch ass hair brained comparison.  dum fuk 
message of love (bring the mean locals cookies)

DISTANT RUMOURS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 146
« Reply #1086 on: May 17, 2018, 07:17:39 AM »
I dug a little deeper and this shit keeps getting worse and worse...

Read this:
http://www.danteross.com/blogs/dante/2009/11/09/neighborhood-nazis/

Of course our friend did a collab with these guys in 2009

Japanís so-called hottest brand Neighborhood got me thinking while visiting their flagship store in Harajuku. What I found made me feel really uncomfortable: swastika-festooned (aka ďHakenkreuzĒ) knives, a real-life size porcelain head of Adolf Hitler, SS signs (SS = ďSchutzstaffelĒ, Hitlerís executing army during World War 2) integrated into their collection etc. Too bad that I obviously wasnít allowed to take any pictures. Iíve never experienced such a feeling before when entering a store willing to buy something. All of a sudden, I did not only feel uncomfortable, but somehow felt offended.

Maybe itís because Iím German, but I think us Europeans in general were brought up with a whole different comprehension of what happened in the past during WW2. We were taught in school how horrible this period was and they almost made us feel ashamed of being German, even though our generation didnít have anything to do with it. Over here, it definitely would be IMPOSSIBLE to display and glorify Nazi signs like that and Iím very thankful for that. Letís not forget that an estimated 6 million Jewish were killed during WW2 and another estimated 50 million people lost their lives and thereís definitely no reason to ďcelebrateĒ this dark period in history.

Also here's a chopper shop that sells all kind of shit.

http://www.chopcult.com/browse_classifieds.php?classifiedcat_id=13

A Jason Jessee portrait...

But also these 'funny' and 'completely innocent' memorabilia...

tortfeasor

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 177
« Reply #1087 on: May 17, 2018, 07:18:11 AM »
Just curious

on its face -- no because those items have historical value and you are not promoting the underlying ideology as admirable or giving its symbolism veneration. in your mind is putting a white pride sticker on your helmet and using your fame to promote people like those featured below the same as persevering and admiring historical artifacts? Just curious.

Juicyboy

• Rep: -2
« Reply #1088 on: May 17, 2018, 07:19:20 AM »
I canít help but think if this was someone else the circumstances would be different. Duffman said some stupid shit as a teenager and paid the price. Heís also spent a lot of years apologising and seems to be a sincere and alright guy. This idiots apology was so weak it hurts. I see it as offensive as someone going about in a kkk hood to be honest. I donít give a fuck about old biker culture or some wack old skate shit.

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1163
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #1089 on: May 17, 2018, 07:21:19 AM »
Just curious

Well, let's take a look at the Nazi Membership Guidebook for the answer to that question:

"NAZI MEMBERSHIP GUIDEBOOK

What makes a man a Nazi?
This one, and ONLY, rule separates a true Nazi from the wannabe fuccbois:
To be a Nazi, have a huge flag from World War II and some other war memorabilia."

So it seems like you are, indeed, a Nazi.

cosmicgypsies

• Rep: 116
« Reply #1090 on: May 17, 2018, 07:27:04 AM »
Just curious

on its face -- no because those items have historical value and you are not promoting the underlying ideology as admirable or giving its symbolism veneration. in your mind is putting a white pride sticker on your helmet and using your fame to promote people like those featured below the same as persevering and admiring historical artifacts? Just curious.

its funny how they say theyre not supporting the views behind it yet all those instagram accounts have either been nuked or put on private

somethingmustbreaknow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 120
« Reply #1091 on: May 17, 2018, 07:33:04 AM »
Just curious

post a war flag, flagboi!

DISTANT RUMOURS

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1092 on: May 17, 2018, 07:34:07 AM »
I canít help but think if this was someone else the circumstances would be different. Duffman said some stupid shit as a teenager and paid the price. Heís also spent a lot of years apologising and seems to be a sincere and alright guy. This idiots apology was so weak it hurts. I see it as offensive as someone going about in a kkk hood to be honest. I donít give a fuck about old biker culture or some wack old skate shit.

Word man. Word.

There's a HUGE difference in saying some stuff 'in the heat' of the moment and the stuff that's being uncovered here.

Everyone (literally everyone) has a weak moment and says stuff they'll regret later. Duffman, MUSKA etc... are people that both made that mistake but would never be associated with racism or nazism. EVER. It just doesn't fit and made that very clear with the kind of entourage they hang with and how they act in general.

There is a HUGE difference in using a word while being in a state which isn't how you normally act (Duffel was pissed I can imagine, Muska was drunk as hell...), and using swastika's while being fully aware of what you're doing...

If you dig deeper into the whole Jessee thing it's very easy to see that there's MUCH more to it than a teenager using the word 'nigger'. If you check the stuff he uses on bikes, the entourage, the crews he's 'tight' with, the collabs he did... it's not hard to see what's going on is it?

1 + 1 isn't always 2, but this is more than obvious... and that apology was beyond pathetic.

SkateChimney

• Rep: -13
« Reply #1093 on: May 17, 2018, 07:35:41 AM »
The nine club experience usually does a news-type segment.  I got $50 that says they don't touch any of this. Pussies

guaranteed the fella's at Skate Fillet gonna have you covered though

loot_the_rich

• Rep: 2
« Last Edit: May 17, 2018, 07:47:37 AM by loot_the_rich »

Jehoshaphat Augustus

« Reply #1095 on: May 17, 2018, 07:39:30 AM »
Someone educate me, as both of my grandfathers were proud of the fact that there were A LOT less germans once they left occupied lands, and they never brought home pussy memorabilia or goose stepped for the fun of it:

WHERE and WHO started the culturally acceptable nazi stuff in America? Apparently Hells Angels? These dicks are all about "uhhh do your research" but the history is buried in blind rhetoric, where do I start?

I ask only out of empathy and a quest for understanding confused individuals.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2018, 07:42:13 AM by Jehoshaphat Augustus »

cucktard

• Rep: -16
« Reply #1096 on: May 17, 2018, 07:39:53 AM »
Came for the reason Jason apologized, stayed for the critiques.

So I just wanted to add something to the discussion, and that is an evaluation of  criteria for basically ruining someoneís life. Which is basically what weíre talking about here, right? Teaching Jason a lesson and having all his sponsors drop him?

And Iím not necessarily saying thatís wrong, but hear me out.

Yes, he seems to have fairly strong ties to the white power subculture. Yes, itís stupid and ignorant, but has he ACTUALLY hurt anyone? Has he actually gone out and physically harmed someone because of those beliefs?

Yes, heís acted like a douche (as have all of us).  But wearing some stickers and patches is a lot different than giving actual material/physical support 

So no, I donít think heís a Nazi, he hasnít shown any real support for that, other than coopting the symbols like poseurs wear Thrasher tees.

Racist? He seems to have that past. Along with misogyny and being a general dick. But frankly, that seems to be more of the norm than the exception, if we look at other punk skaters from the era, Duane, Jay, Grosso, Andy, etc.

Not a lot of role models. And fair enough, a lot came from messed up homes and found escape in drugs, extreme imagery, and the self-destructiveness of skating. Angry California kids getting involved with White power? Doesnít surprise me.  And that bike mag interview did not give me the impression he came from a balanced home.

Skaters hanging on to the symbols of their youth? I still wear a ďWhy Canít My Boyfriend SkateĒ tshirt.  So itís kinda understandable (but not justifiable, to be clear) that he has hung on to swastikas. And no, not all of them are Nazi ones *

So heís not a moral flame. But compared to other skaters who have actually hurt people, what has Jason done? Talked shit and got punched out for it.

Except for being an idiot, which I too am guilty of, I donít see any crime here worthy of ruining his life. Especially now that he addressed it, however poorly.

That was one of the original hopes of this thread, wasnít it? That heíd acknowledge it? Well, you guys did good and you got it.

So the question is, what is appropriate? Is digging up his past enough? Shaming him? Depriving him of his income? Ruining him?
Other skaters have done objectively worse things (and are still paid and out there), is this on that level?

I donít have an answer, I just want you all to consider it before continuing.

*the Neighborhood clothing swastikas are not Nazi ones, they look more like Jain ones. Not that most people (maybe including the designers) know the difference, but not all swastikas are the same, especially where I live in Asia.
ďIíd be down to tickle Jamie Thomas until he pisses himself, but thatís about it.Ē - Pigeon

SkateChimney

• Rep: -13
« Reply #1097 on: May 17, 2018, 07:42:46 AM »
BRUHHHH
no one is talking about this except sorta Ryan Lay, the entire industry is playing ball, out of need for self preservation. They need these companies to stay successful. It's like if someone started talking about Harvey Weinstein's behavior 5 years ago: its just way easier to pretend it didn't happen so most of these losers don't have to work hourly employment to survive. Its really a simple matter of "My quality of life vs. yours"

Fuck professional skateboarding at large. Whores. Filthy creatures. mercenaries.
They are highly skilled starfuckers, they will be down with you as long as they can stay popular, by any means necessary.

This is what i have taken from the whole situation - black white brown man woman jew muslim, ALL your favorite skaters have kept silent on this - Im very surprised

PuffinMuffin

• Rep: 59
« Reply #1098 on: May 17, 2018, 07:43:13 AM »
Just curious

Well, let's take a look at the Nazi Membership Guidebook for the answer to that question:

"NAZI MEMBERSHIP GUIDEBOOK

What makes a man a Nazi?
This one, and ONLY, rule separates a true Nazi from the wannabe fuccbois:
To be a Nazi, have a huge flag from World War II and some other war memorabilia."

So it seems like you are, indeed, a Nazi.

coincidence?

ShoeProblem

• Rep: 11
« Reply #1099 on: May 17, 2018, 07:47:10 AM »
There is an uncomfortable amount of normalization of what the swastika represents. Given the iconography that these dudes are associating themselves with, I am gonna go with the "non peaceful" version of the thing.

Is it okay to ruin someone's ability to get paid over something like this? I dunno, ask Heather Heyer if she is bummed that her life got ruined by a fucking Nazi. Oh, never mind, she's dead.

Gentle Jones

• Rep: -176
  • I am burdened with glorious purpose
    • Gentle Jones Secret Headquarters
« Reply #1100 on: May 17, 2018, 07:48:04 AM »
this article was just published and has some relevent information:

http://www.larrybalma.com/2018/05/17/allen-losi-interview/

LMB: Was that with the Upland crew?

No, I grew up in Rialto and Colton. To be honest with you, I wasnít really welcomed into the Upland crew. I was a Varibot, and they didnít think we were too cool.

BR: Who came up with the Varibot name?

Duane Peters. It was funny; I liked it. My dad, Gil Losi, called the shots on us progressing, and all of us obeyed. If we didnít, we would get pushed aside, so we became full-on Varibots. Instead of worrying about style, we just did tricks. Back then, people were really into hitting every wall of the pool. Your lines and how you looked doing them were just as important as what you did. But, by the time the Tony Hawk era and the NSA came around, that wasnít really a factor anymore, because we were going back and forth on vert ramps with flat walls and just doing maneuvers.

BR: Being from back East, when we heard about Varibots, all we would say was, ďWhat the Hell are they talking about?Ē We saw photos of you guys doing rad stuff and we heard someone talking shit. Were just like, ďWell, that guyís doing rad stuff!Ē Anyway, that was our perception of Varibots. You remember Keith Lenharr? He was Variflex all the way back in Pennsylvania. He could not care less about what someone was saying and thatís kind of how it was around the country.

It also became a media ploy that I enjoyed, to be honest with you. Duane would embrace us. He rode our wheels. It wasnít a negative ďLetís fight each other!Ē thing. It was more publicity, so I rolled with it. Any publicity is good publicity.

LMB: So, when you stopped riding Variflex Connection trucks, thatís when you came over to Tracker?

We were at a contest at Kona and I wanted to skate, but I couldnít turn on those Connection trucks. Fausto Vitello gave me a set of Indys, and thatís when I first got off of the Connections. Then when I talked to you (Larry), I got on Tracker. I never really rode for Indy. Fausto just gave me trucks.

BR: We purposely didnít talk to you before you got the TransWorld cover on Indys, because we didnít want to bring you on, have you get a TransWorld cover, then have people think if you rode for Tracker, you would get a TransWorld cover. Instead, you got it on your own merits.

But as a skater, I thought that. I was young and dumb.

BR: You werenít the only who thought that way. That was kind of the truth. They (Thrasher) were almost forced to cover Tony Hawk, because he would win. Mike McGill and, of course, Neil Blender were people they couldnít deny. But then it was known there were people who would never get a shot in Thrasher. TransWorld was neutral. If you were a great skater, you got coverage.

I agree, TransWorld was way more neutral.

BR: Obviously, we had relationships over there at TransWorld, but we didnít have anything to do with what the magazine covered. They (Thrasher) went out of their way not to cover Tracker. But Tracker just happened to have great skateboarders on the team, so they covered them just as much as guys who rode for Indy and Gull Wing.

Yeah, it was very prejudiced on the other side of the world, thatís for sure. You can even see now which old guys were popular and the ones Fausto embraced with lots of media and opportunity. Anybody who had a lot of media thenĖespecially videosóitís still gravy for them.
But, I was excited to be part of Tracker. Tracker was the best team and brand I ever rode for. My favorite part of that whole era was riding for Tracker, because it was comfortable, it was casual and it was good fun. It really was. Traveling in a group, the whole package was good times.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2018, 08:07:37 AM by Gentle Jones »
Gentle jones that Stache is creepy as fuck. I back it

Gentle Jones

• Rep: -176
  • I am burdened with glorious purpose
    • Gentle Jones Secret Headquarters
« Reply #1101 on: May 17, 2018, 07:51:14 AM »
also,

there are plenty of skaters who rip and are decent people. support them. that's what i do.
Gentle jones that Stache is creepy as fuck. I back it

DISTANT RUMOURS

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1102 on: May 17, 2018, 07:52:09 AM »

*the Neighborhood clothing swastikas are not Nazi ones, they look more like Jain ones. Not that most people (maybe including the designers) know the difference, but not all swastikas are the same, especially where I live in Asia.

Aaaaah come on now man..

Have you even read the article and what they had in their shop?

And what you said is kind of like saying:
'Oh yeah sure I own a few KKK shirts, but I have never lynched a black dude. So I should be good.'
That's NOT the point.

The point is that he clearly sympathises with Nazi bullshit and clearly knows the history about it,
not whether or not he punched a black guy or beat up a jew...

DISTANT RUMOURS

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1103 on: May 17, 2018, 07:56:24 AM »
Also:
Fuck Daryl Angel.

Alan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 121
« Reply #1104 on: May 17, 2018, 07:57:27 AM »
If people are admitting to wearing swastikas for shock value (which is also racist btw), then there is really no reason to use the "but in Asia, it's different..." argument.
Hosin' out the cab of his pickup truck
He's got his 8-track playin' really fuckin' loud

Jehoshaphat Augustus

« Reply #1105 on: May 17, 2018, 07:57:45 AM »

So I just wanted to add something to the discussion, and that is an evaluation of  criteria for basically ruining someoneís life. Which is basically what weíre talking about here, right? Teaching Jason a lesson and having all his sponsors drop him?

Yes, he seems to have fairly strong ties to the white power subculture. Yes, itís stupid and ignorant, but has he ACTUALLY hurt anyone? Has he actually gone out and physically harmed someone because of those beliefs?

Yes, heís acted like a douche (as have all of us).  But wearing some stickers and patches is a lot different than giving actual material/physical support 

So no, I donít think heís a Nazi, he hasnít shown any real support for that, other than coopting the symbols like poseurs wear Thrasher tees.

Racist? He seems to have that past. Along with misogyny and being a general dick. But frankly, that seems to be more of the norm than the exception, if we look at other punk skaters from the era, Duane, Jay, Grosso, Andy, etc.

Not a lot of role models. And fair enough, a lot came from messed up homes and found escape in drugs, extreme imagery, and the self-destructiveness of skating. Angry California kids getting involved with White power? Doesnít surprise me.  And that bike mag interview did not give me the impression he came from a balanced home.

Skaters hanging on to the symbols of their youth? I still wear a ďWhy Canít My Boyfriend SkateĒ tshirt.  So itís kinda understandable (but not justifiable, to be clear) that he has hung on to swastikas. And no, not all of them are Nazi ones *

So heís not a moral flame. But compared to other skaters who have actually hurt people, what has Jason done? Talked shit and got punched out for it.

Except for being an idiot, which I too am guilty of, I donít see any crime here worthy of ruining his life. Especially now that he addressed it, however poorly.

That was one of the original hopes of this thread, wasnít it? That heíd acknowledge it? Well, you guys did good and you got it.

So the question is, what is appropriate? Is digging up his past enough? Shaming him? Depriving him of his income? Ruining him?
Other skaters have done objectively worse things (and are still paid and out there), is this on that level?

Robert Baratheon

• Rep: -28
« Reply #1106 on: May 17, 2018, 08:00:03 AM »

We are supposed to read this whole thing but you can't read the first post on this thread. The first post that shows, in detail, that he still markets white power/nazi symbolism to this day? Where he still hangs with and promotes a band that bathes in this imagery?

(psst, he's not sorry. he just finally got called out)

I'm a straight white male and it rules. Why? Because there is nothing I can do wrong that won't eventually garner the sympathy and the benefit of the doubt from all my white bros that 'know' I'm a nice dude. It's very comforting.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2018, 08:07:05 AM by Robert Baratheon »

cucktard

• Rep: -16
« Reply #1107 on: May 17, 2018, 08:04:13 AM »
If people are admitting to wearing swastikas for shock value (which is also racist btw), then there is really no reason to use the "but in Asia, it's different..." argument.

Well, if they those clothes were meant for an American market, Iíd agree with you. But the clothes are meant to be consumed in Asia, where pretty much nobody gives a shit about swastikas or nazis beyond fashion, so yes, it is a bit different.

ďIíd be down to tickle Jamie Thomas until he pisses himself, but thatís about it.Ē - Pigeon

ShoeProblem

• Rep: 11
« Reply #1108 on: May 17, 2018, 08:05:45 AM »

We are supposed to read this whole thing but you can't read the first post on this thread. The first post that shows, in detail, that he still markets white power/nazi symbolism to this day? Where he still hangs with and promotes a band that bathes in this imagery? (psst, he's not sorry. he just finally got called out)

I'm a straight white male and it rules. Why? Because there is nothing I can do wrong that won't eventually garner the sympathy and the benefit of the doubt from all my white bros that 'know' I'm a nice dude. It's very comforting.

I'm not arguing with the fucking Lord Paramount of the Stormlands.

DISTANT RUMOURS

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1109 on: May 17, 2018, 08:07:14 AM »

Well, if they those clothes were meant for an American market, Iíd agree with you. But the clothes are meant to be consumed in Asia, where pretty much nobody gives a shit about swastikas or nazis beyond fashion, so yes, it is a bit different.

You live in Asia but don't know that racism in Japan is a big issue and that they clearly know what a swastika is? Even addressed in several books and columns?

Stop posting, please.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2018, 08:10:07 AM by DISTANT RUMOURS »