Author Topic: Jason Jessee is a Nazi and Santa Cruz loves him  (Read 269859 times)

bawtawd12

Re: Jason Jessee is a Nazi and Santa Cruz loves him
« Reply #60 on: May 09, 2018, 02:38:39 PM »
Hmmm maybe some kind of social media campaign to pressure Converse to drop him would be a good idea? That has to be his biggest paycheck.  If Nike would drop Hewitt for getting poo'd on you'd have to figure that Cons wouldn't stand behind somebody that was repeatedly outed to all of their followers as a Nazi.   

Also despite how serious of a topic this is the two Hat thing almost made me laugh out loud
Have you seen the converse video? 50% of the people in it look like Nazis. I'm pretty sure they're low key into it. Manolo predicted this. Anyway we should just let people be who they wanna be. If people want to support a brand with no controversial riders theres always revive. I'm pretty sure none of them have even smoked a cigarette.

lampshade

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 66
« Reply #61 on: May 09, 2018, 02:39:26 PM »
grown ass men using imagery from such a hateful group of people to make themselves look tough or intimidating is the corniest shit ever.

100%. 

"They don't actually believe it, it's just something that comes with the culture."

Oh, ok.  That's fine then.

Right.  That is what Michael Vick and DMX said about the dog fighting thing.  "It's just part of their culture."

roba

• Rep: 23
« Reply #62 on: May 09, 2018, 02:40:19 PM »
i just want to know about the hat thing
Hat starts with the letter h bro. Think about it.

damn
I want a Hollywood movie about dudes in mesh hats forming bonds while pouring DIY 'crete

@grandroba

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 230
« Reply #63 on: May 09, 2018, 02:41:22 PM »
I wonder how sage would feel if he read that interview and had to be in the van with this guy. I definitely turned off purple after jake's part.

There was a part after Jake"s???  wow, hate i missed it  ::)

This would be the second company Sage has been on with Nazis... That fat fuck who worked for FA britches or whatever

FA put out a jason jesse guest board a few years ago
Nazi Golden Triangle

Sold Out

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 80
« Reply #64 on: May 09, 2018, 02:51:51 PM »
Never understood his pass as a legend. Fuck this dude.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -889
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #65 on: May 09, 2018, 03:00:33 PM »
There have been many iterations of Jay Adams swastika boards over the years by Dogtown, Deathbox (the deck pictured above is from Tony Mag's early 2000s company), Z, Unbelievers, etc. Craig Stecyk, the guy who introduced the Totenkopf skull to skateboarding, is Jewish by the way. To further complicate things, Jason Jessee is/was in the Sinners MC who sometimes use the Star of David for their emblem.

I do not believe that Jay was considered a racist, he was just using the iconography that was popular in Venice at the time. Surf and skate nazis were very popular when I started skating in the early '80s and was not tied to white supremacist ideology (in modern terms, just poor white suburban kids being "edgy"). In fact, people would not ask if I was a "skater" in 1984, rather if I was a "skate nazi".
Ah yes, a person claiming its ok because they know a jew who is cool with it. I'm a jew, I'm not cool with it. Stop trying to speak for my culture when you aren't part of it.
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

Gentle Jones

• Rep: -174
  • I am burdened with glorious purpose
    • Gentle Jones Secret Headquarters
« Reply #66 on: May 09, 2018, 03:04:15 PM »
There have been many iterations of Jay Adams swastika boards over the years by Dogtown, Deathbox (the deck pictured above is from Tony Mag's early 2000s company), Z, Unbelievers, etc. Craig Stecyk, the guy who introduced the Totenkopf skull to skateboarding, is Jewish by the way. To further complicate things, Jason Jessee is/was in the Sinners MC who sometimes use the Star of David for their emblem.

I do not believe that Jay was considered a racist, he was just using the iconography that was popular in Venice at the time. Surf and skate nazis were very popular when I started skating in the early '80s and was not tied to white supremacist ideology (in modern terms, just poor white suburban kids being "edgy"). In fact, people would not ask if I was a "skater" in 1984, rather if I was a "skate nazi".
Ah yes, a person claiming its ok because they know a jew who is cool with it. I'm a jew, I'm not cool with it. Stop trying to speak for my culture when you aren't part of it.

jay adams was absolutely an unapologetic racist. one time he personally called me "a wannabe black guy". dude had a swastika tattoo on his chest and went to jail for years for the beating death of a gay man. more than a racist, jay adams was a drug addicted scumbag moocher trash can.
Gentle jones that Stache is creepy as fuck. I back it

Gentle Jones

« Reply #67 on: May 09, 2018, 03:06:34 PM »
It's not unusual to see swatiskas(the nazi ones)on display in Asia, especially among biker types. To be fair, I think East Asian students don't study history, certainly not western history, as much because that shit doesn't get you a corporate salary job. Also, there aren't a lot of white pride neo-nazis running around Asia, so the maybe the symbol isn't taken as seriously.

fun history fact: japan fought on the side of the nazis in world war 2. they lost that war. you might have heard of it. it was in all the papers and on tv and everything.

also in japan they think racism is mad cute. they are big collectors of black face figurines. and they use all sorts of sketchy 'sambo' art styles on almost any kind of product.

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 824
« Reply #68 on: May 09, 2018, 03:08:20 PM »

EDIT: forgot this... Neighborhood X Jason Jessee Swastika shirts

I understand Neighbourhood is Japanese so perhaps the swastika isn't as recognised? (maybe not)

But how the fuck can anyone want to pay top dollar for some shirts and jackets with swastikas on them?

It's not unusual to see swatiskas(the nazi ones)on display in Asia, especially among biker types. To be fair, I think East Asian students don't study history, certainly not western history, as much because that shit doesn't get you a corporate salary job. Also, there aren't a lot of white pride neo-nazis running around Asia, so the maybe the symbol isn't taken as seriously.
Japan was in WWII tho...

BacksideWallride

• Rep: -52
« Reply #69 on: May 09, 2018, 03:11:00 PM »
I wonder how sage would feel if he read that interview and had to be in the van with this guy. I definitely turned off purple after jake's part.

There was a part after Jake"s???  wow, hate i missed it  ::)

This would be the second company Sage has been on with Nazis... That fat fuck who worked for FA britches or whatever

FA put out a jason jesse guest board a few years ago

Well there ya go. Weird

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 203
« Reply #70 on: May 09, 2018, 03:19:31 PM »
i just want to know about the hat thing
Hat starts with the letter h bro. Think about it.

Two hats is HH . heil Hitler. Is that where this is headed?

nah, in this case HH obviously stands for Heavy Headwear.

also Jason Jessee = JJ

Converse video had two JJ's, the most ancient out of the two wears two hats, that's two coincidences. everything points to number two,

JJ minus two letters in the alphabet = HH (obtained via substraction)

also substraction from this planet = death

substraction (times two) from death is revive

two years before Jason Jessee gets on Revive confirmed

Fat_Dude_Arnold

• Rep: -2
« Reply #71 on: May 09, 2018, 03:23:52 PM »
Don't forget that indy capsule he just did was all cross hammers, drawn by a 2 year old, but still a known WP symbol. So fuck indy, they're constantly putting out so much blatantly racist shit. I don't care who rides for them, it sucks.

Tommy G

• Rep: -12
« Reply #72 on: May 09, 2018, 03:28:23 PM »

fun history fact: japan fought on the side of the nazis in world war 2. they lost that war. you might have heard of it. it was in all the papers and on tv and everything.

also in japan they think racism is mad cute. they are big collectors of black face figurines. and they use all sorts of sketchy 'sambo' art styles on almost any kind of product.

Yeah racism and conformity has been a problem in Japan hence why everyone looks the same. Just look at the last controversy they had during one of their big beauty contests. The winner was half Indian half Japanese and they freaking cried about it because it wasn't a "normal" Japanese woman. Even though the swastika was a symbol of peace a couple of millenia ago, it's no longer accepted as that worldwide. On the topic of Jason Jessee, the last interview I read in the past Thrasher made me question every bit of him because half of that sounded like some schizophrenic ramblings. Glad I know what's going on now. 

Gentle Jones

« Reply #73 on: May 09, 2018, 03:38:55 PM »
generally i find when people try to defend a known racist they are secretly defending themselves

(because they are secretly racist)

schralp pal

• Rep: 22
« Reply #74 on: May 09, 2018, 03:39:25 PM »
While I don’t think it was what Jesse had intended, the swastika is a symbol of peace I n Buddhism
And Hinduism too, predating hitlers subversive use of it, but of course hitlers version is what is most recognized...anyway it doesn’t matter because Jason Jesse sucks and his blue collar nazi white power schtick is a disease upon skateboarding and Santa Cruz.

For the record - I turned of purple after jakes part too.  Hahah

Xen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 7
« Reply #75 on: May 09, 2018, 04:02:59 PM »
I've always wondered what gives this piece of shit "legend" status..

Because Jimbo's shit still sells:

https://www.pinterest.com/cee_003/jason-jessee/

bawtawd12

« Reply #76 on: May 09, 2018, 04:05:04 PM »
Where did this California nazi thing start? Prison system? Cause down south where there were actually slaves no ones on that aesthetic tip. Were still racist but not that edgy racist stuff, were on that real shit. California racists hold this L.

HyenaChaser

• Rep: 29
« Reply #77 on: May 09, 2018, 04:07:45 PM »
Yes, the swastika has been used to symbolize a myriad of things (mostly the sun) in many cultures around the world for eons before WWII, but in this day and age to use one anywhere and not consider its 20th century connotations is dangerously ignorant.

Whether or not a swastika "isn't the same" in Japan, the knowledge of what it symbolizes is globally known, and Asia is no exception:
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2010/aug/02/mongolia-far-right
https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/jmv73p/the-malaysian-nazis-fighting-for-a-pure-race

I don't care if it's "just a biker culture" affectation, keep that shit the fuck out of skateboarding.
You know I thought these forums were a for skating not discussing fetishes

homehelpsearch

• Rep: -50
« Reply #78 on: May 09, 2018, 04:37:29 PM »
I saw Jason Jesse shovelin heebs into tha ovens @ the holocaust, what a frickin nazi...I also heard that ignorant a-hole does absolutely nothing to improve the barely above slave labor working conditions for thousands of asian sweatshop workers. Daily suffering so he can have the latest shoe colorways and an endless stream of apparel. and he has a swastika on his bike that dumb nazi redneck
« Last Edit: May 09, 2018, 04:39:25 PM by homehelpsearch »

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #79 on: May 09, 2018, 05:07:00 PM »
Where did this California nazi thing start? Prison system? Cause down south where there were actually slaves no ones on that aesthetic tip. Were still racist but not that edgy racist stuff, were on that real shit. California racists hold this L.
California racists do hold that L, but there’s this one battle flag that is much more prevalent and also a symbol of racism in the South.

fulltechnicalskizzy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 819
« Reply #80 on: May 09, 2018, 05:08:14 PM »

streetsoup

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -29
« Reply #81 on: May 09, 2018, 05:10:57 PM »
I thought this was common knowledge.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #82 on: May 09, 2018, 05:24:40 PM »
I was disappointed in Jim for the Trujillo bullshit, but its pretty rad that in an era when “skate nazi” was a cool thing and hip skaters and “legends” were putting swastikas on shit, he releases the fuckin’ hanging klansman board. That’s truly punk rock.

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 824
« Reply #83 on: May 09, 2018, 05:25:46 PM »

streetsoup

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -29
« Reply #84 on: May 09, 2018, 05:28:40 PM »
I was disappointed in Jim for the Trujillo bullshit, but its pretty rad that in an era when “skate nazi” was a cool thing and hip skaters and “legends” were putting swastikas on shit, he releases the fuckin’ hanging klansman board. That’s truly punk rock.

Gentle Jones

« Reply #85 on: May 09, 2018, 05:31:10 PM »

one day we should really unpack the early history of ermico and what it became in skateboarding

also i think natas actually drew the hanging klansman. respect due.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2018, 05:33:25 PM by Gentle Jones »

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -406
« Reply #86 on: May 09, 2018, 05:33:03 PM »
  Two totally different eras.  The Klansmen board was out when nobody was giving a fuck about Jay Adams or Jason Jesse.  That board's from the early 90s.   Hella tone deaf post Gipper, and aging skateboarders please stop saying 'that's punk rock' thank you.
message of love (bring the mean locals cookies)

DISTANT RUMOURS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 146
« Reply #87 on: May 09, 2018, 05:37:05 PM »

THIS.

Japanese people are very racist in general. And I'm pretty sure it's also one of the few countries where islam is prohibited by law for example. They just don't really tolerate other cultures/religions.

And they know darn well what a inverted swastika in these recent times means...

They're NOT hindu's people...

Gay Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -383
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #88 on: May 09, 2018, 06:15:30 PM »
grown ass men using imagery from such a hateful group of people to make themselves look tough or intimidating is the corniest shit ever.
welcome to the world of "bikers"

yes, the Manji symbol has been used in buddhism for centuries but that's not the angle that JJ is going for. I don't think he is full blown racist probably just 1/3 dumb, 1/3 mentally disabled and 6/3 trying to be edgy AF but yeah ... it is pretty amazing that so many people let it/ him slide.
As for Japan, well Japanese bikers just copy 81/ HA type shit even though they aren't really in gangs or anything. Saw a dude at the skatepark the other day with a swastika on his Harley, think he knew what it meant? nah, just following trends. Same thing happens with punks over here; they saw that Sid wore a swastika shirt back in the day and they all wanna ape his style. Despite what distant rumors believes young people here have no clue what it means/ or it's implications but hey, welcome to 2018. Kids use the "manji" symbol a lot lately which is cringy:

also Islam banned in Japan by law? You trippin son...
side note though: the mosque near my house does have to give a translated transcript of what they talk about to the police though. Whether Japan is racist or not is another topic though, let's focus on the mad hatter/ midget biker for the meantime.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2018, 06:27:21 PM by Gay Imp Sausage Metal »

"This is untrue, my client has not been attacked in every country" #yearoftheeagle

the_unknown_soldier

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -71
« Reply #89 on: May 09, 2018, 06:22:13 PM »
  Two totally different eras.  The Klansmen board was out when nobody was giving a fuck about Jay Adams or Jason Jesse.  That board's from the early 90s.   Hella tone deaf post Gipper, and aging skateboarders please stop saying 'that's punk rock' thank you.

I think that's the point. The board is addressing something that people should have been giving a fuck about, and should continue to give a fuck about.