Author Topic: Jason Jessee is a Nazi and Santa Cruz loves him  (Read 268345 times)

se7en3two

• Rep: -14
Re: Jason Jessee is a Nazi and Santa Cruz loves him
« Reply #90 on: May 09, 2018, 06:23:58 PM »
It's not unusual to see swatiskas(the nazi ones)on display in Asia, especially among biker types. To be fair, I think East Asian students don't study history, certainly not western history, as much because that shit doesn't get you a corporate salary job. Also, there aren't a lot of white pride neo-nazis running around Asia, so the maybe the symbol isn't taken as seriously.

fun history fact: japan fought on the side of the nazis in world war 2. they lost that war. you might have heard of it. it was in all the papers and on tv and everything.

also in japan they think racism is mad cute. they are big collectors of black face figurines. and they use all sorts of sketchy 'sambo' art styles on almost any kind of product.

Yeah racism and conformity has been a problem in Japan hence why everyone looks the same. Just look at the last controversy they had during one of their big beauty contests. The winner was half Indian half Japanese and they freaking cried about it because it wasn't a "normal" Japanese woman. Even though the swastika was a symbol of peace a couple of millenia ago, it's no longer accepted as that worldwide. On the topic of Jason Jessee, the last interview I read in the past Thrasher made me question every bit of him because half of that sounded like some schizophrenic ramblings. Glad I know what's going on now.

Speaking of Thrasher and this twat- they posted his purple clip on insta tonight and someone was quick to point out his open racism. Nice job, whoever that was.

AllBranFlakes69

• Rep: -1
  • Make fibre your friend
« Reply #91 on: May 09, 2018, 07:23:13 PM »
There have been many iterations of Jay Adams swastika boards over the years by Dogtown, Deathbox (the deck pictured above is from Tony Mag's early 2000s company), Z, Unbelievers, etc. Craig Stecyk, the guy who introduced the Totenkopf skull to skateboarding, is Jewish by the way. To further complicate things, Jason Jessee is/was in the Sinners MC who sometimes use the Star of David for their emblem.

I do not believe that Jay was considered a racist, he was just using the iconography that was popular in Venice at the time. Surf and skate nazis were very popular when I started skating in the early '80s and was not tied to white supremacist ideology (in modern terms, just poor white suburban kids being "edgy"). In fact, people would not ask if I was a "skater" in 1984, rather if I was a "skate nazi".
Ah yes, a person claiming its ok because they know a jew who is cool with it. I'm a jew, I'm not cool with it. Stop trying to speak for my culture when you aren't part of it.

And don't you dare try and make a dentist joke!

i used to skate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -21
« Reply #92 on: May 09, 2018, 07:53:45 PM »
As for Japan, well Japanese bikers just copy 81/ HA type shit even though they aren't really in gangs or anything. Saw a dude at the skatepark the other day with a swastika on his Harley, think he knew what it meant? nah, just following trends. Same thing happens with punks over here; they saw that Sid wore a swastika shirt back in the day and they all wanna ape his style. Despite what distant rumors believes young people here have no clue what it means/ or it's implications but hey, welcome to 2018. Kids use the "manji" symbol a lot lately which is cringy:

Damn how is that possible no one knows history there. Granted that’s the inverted Hindu version but still

The Drew

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 134
« Reply #93 on: May 09, 2018, 08:04:09 PM »
As for Japan, well Japanese bikers just copy 81/ HA type shit even though they aren't really in gangs or anything. Saw a dude at the skatepark the other day with a swastika on his Harley, think he knew what it meant? nah, just following trends. Same thing happens with punks over here; they saw that Sid wore a swastika shirt back in the day and they all wanna ape his style. Despite what distant rumors believes young people here have no clue what it means/ or it's implications but hey, welcome to 2018. Kids use the "manji" symbol a lot lately which is cringy:

Damn how is that possible no one knows history there. Granted that’s the inverted Hindu version but still

Probably because of the education system in Japan...

Gay Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -384
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #94 on: May 09, 2018, 08:36:14 PM »

Probably because of the education system in Japan...

this, and the general disinterest by the majority of young people in anything remotely political

"This is untrue, my client has not been attacked in every country" #yearoftheeagle

REGS

• Rep: 47
« Reply #95 on: May 09, 2018, 09:56:05 PM »
Jason Jessee posted several racist instagram pictures and captions around the time Trump was elected. Anyone remember that? I'm sure there was a thread and screenshots. He deleted them shortly after.

Chavo

• Rep: 89
« Reply #96 on: May 09, 2018, 10:29:50 PM »
There have been many iterations of Jay Adams swastika boards over the years by Dogtown, Deathbox (the deck pictured above is from Tony Mag's early 2000s company), Z, Unbelievers, etc. Craig Stecyk, the guy who introduced the Totenkopf skull to skateboarding, is Jewish by the way. To further complicate things, Jason Jessee is/was in the Sinners MC who sometimes use the Star of David for their emblem.

I do not believe that Jay was considered a racist, he was just using the iconography that was popular in Venice at the time. Surf and skate nazis were very popular when I started skating in the early '80s and was not tied to white supremacist ideology (in modern terms, just poor white suburban kids being "edgy"). In fact, people would not ask if I was a "skater" in 1984, rather if I was a "skate nazi".
Ah yes, a person claiming its ok because they know a jew who is cool with it. I'm a jew, I'm not cool with it. Stop trying to speak for my culture when you aren't part of it.

jay adams was absolutely an unapologetic racist. one time he personally called me "a wannabe black guy". dude had a swastika tattoo on his chest and went to jail for years for the beating death of a gay man. more than a racist, jay adams was a drug addicted scumbag moocher trash can.

Maybe he was one, he just wasn't known for being a racist in his heyday. Jay was actually good friends with Marty Grimes and set him up with Z-Flex, his stepfather's company (which eventually became "Z", the brand best known for their non-grinding trucks). Marty became the first black pro skater. Jay also put Marty's brother Clyde and Solo Scott on the team.

StabMasterArson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 728
« Reply #97 on: May 09, 2018, 10:36:03 PM »
I was disappointed in Jim for the Trujillo bullshit, but its pretty rad that in an era when “skate nazi” was a cool thing and hip skaters and “legends” were putting swastikas on shit, he releases the fuckin’ hanging klansman board. That’s truly punk rock.
If there is anyone in skateboarding worth looking up to, it's Jim Thiebaud.

SugarSweetSemen

• Rep: -4
« Reply #98 on: May 09, 2018, 10:53:26 PM »
Yeah but what about Daryl Angel
Tony T vs. Priya
Cole vs. Red
GABOR AND HIS SCREWDRIVER

Would like to hear more about these.

Chavo

• Rep: 89
« Reply #99 on: May 09, 2018, 10:54:14 PM »

I think context is important. Old street gangs probably just used swastikas as an artistic device, while some skinheads obviously opted for its Third Reich meaning. This is the imagery that Stecyk appropriated from an old LA gang Dog Town Rifa (they must have gotten the message that you're not cool with it--they've since replaced the swastika with an "x"):

ArtVandelay

• Rep: 14
« Reply #100 on: May 09, 2018, 11:40:13 PM »
You think Cranston's mixed up in this?

Gentle Jones

• Rep: -157
  • I am burdened with glorious purpose
    • Gentle Jones Secret Headquarters
« Reply #101 on: May 10, 2018, 04:36:08 AM »

colt cannon lunchbox

• Rep: -95
« Reply #102 on: May 10, 2018, 05:21:29 AM »

And don't you dare try and make a dentist joke!

No anti-dentites will be tolerated on slap.

Disco234

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -51
« Reply #103 on: May 10, 2018, 05:58:59 AM »
What always rubbed me wrong about this guy is that he is a full-fledged mormon who uses Catholic symbolism for a marketing ploy and he Has probably never stepped foot in a Catholic Church dude is kookery at it’s finest, Who has been milking skateboarding for years. So fuck him with his low rider/biker outlaw wanna be Mexican image. Nazi kook
« Last Edit: May 10, 2018, 06:01:29 AM by Disco234 »

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -402
« Reply #104 on: May 10, 2018, 07:37:26 AM »
I just watched a Jay A interview I hadn't seen from  2002 amplified surf film on yt.  I like these dudes (Jason Jesse, jay adams) from my little skate media perspective but if they were out 'bashin' I'd be on the minorities side and truck fuck em.
message of love (bring the mean locals cookies)

shark tits

« Reply #105 on: May 10, 2018, 08:31:07 AM »
I just watched a Jay A interview I hadn't seen from  2002 amplified surf film on yt.  I like these dudes (Jason Jesse, jay adams) from my little skate media perspective but if they were out 'bashin' I'd be on the minorities side and truck fuck em.
GANG !

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -888
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #106 on: May 10, 2018, 08:33:05 AM »
Tony T vs. Priya
Cole vs. Red

Unfortunately you can't read up on Tony T. beating up Priya, DLX had it removed from here, and this is the place where she spoke up about it. Andy and Tony both posted on instagram about it, and both took it down, likely by DLX orders. Tony kept his board, but in the next series, Andy's was gone. From where I am, it appears as if deluxe believes that the biggest problem in that violence against women situation was the fact that it was exposed, not the fact that it happened.
Its becoming more and more clear that the skateboard industry covers up and enables horrific things that some terrible and violent pro skaters do. The whole thing is going to blow up in their face too.
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

roastbeef

• Rep: -7
« Reply #107 on: May 10, 2018, 09:41:38 AM »
Tony T vs. Priya
Cole vs. Red

Unfortunately you can't read up on Tony T. beating up Priya, DLX had it removed from here, and this is the place where she spoke up about it. Andy and Tony both posted on instagram about it, and both took it down, likely by DLX orders. Tony kept his board, but in the next series, Andy's was gone. From where I am, it appears as if deluxe believes that the biggest problem in that violence against women situation was the fact that it was exposed, not the fact that it happened.
Its becoming more and more clear that the skateboard industry covers up and enables horrific things that some terrible and violent pro skaters do. The whole thing is going to blow up in their face too.

From what i understand that TNT vs Priya, both parties were acting like jackasses. So i wouldnt take it as Tony beating up Priya. Girls that wanna fight should expect to get hit. I dont think andy not having a board is related to this. Andy always fucks up, if you havent noticed. Probably stealing boards or some shit.

Surf-goth

• Rep: -165
« Reply #108 on: May 10, 2018, 10:20:10 AM »
Tony T vs. Priya
Cole vs. Red

Didn't priya show up yelling at tony's house and assault him? Dude it's that scumbag andy Roy's girlfriend...i doubt she's a nice woman.

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -46
« Reply #109 on: May 10, 2018, 11:54:18 AM »
Tony T vs. Priya
Cole vs. Red

Andy got his board taken away awhile ago I thought. Has he had anything since they mentioned that in Epicly Later'd?
"I'm giving you one month to move or I'm petting you"

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1159
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #110 on: May 10, 2018, 12:33:35 PM »
The beanie under the hat look is very short bus chic.

saucy ragu

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 493
« Reply #111 on: May 10, 2018, 03:37:40 PM »
Here to hate on nazis.

Second photo:

What sort of mindless asshole thinks this is cool?
Quote from: Narcissus
My morning commute to the bathroom is a walking tour of things I don't remember.
Quote from: brent
sorrymom, when 112 sing to you what kinda feelin do it bring to you?

Zumiez And Xanax

• Rep: 10
« Reply #112 on: May 10, 2018, 03:55:04 PM »
Jackson 5 pin?

Gentle Jones

« Reply #113 on: May 10, 2018, 03:58:30 PM »
What sort of mindless asshole thinks this is cool?

apparently the guy who runs the skateboard museum thinks its hot

that jacket is goofy as fuck

good find. this is proof that even right now dude is still doing hectic nazi shit

did you know he is santa cruz's top selling pro in 2018?

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1159
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #114 on: May 10, 2018, 04:12:17 PM »

Gentle Jones

« Reply #115 on: May 10, 2018, 04:14:38 PM »

straight fucking edge

• Rep: -33
« Reply #116 on: May 10, 2018, 04:16:45 PM »
what a boring ass topic/thread
« Last Edit: May 17, 2018, 02:43:17 PM by straight fucking edge »

Zumiez And Xanax

• Rep: 10
« Reply #117 on: May 10, 2018, 04:16:53 PM »
what the fuck

Trump2020

• Rep: -45
« Reply #118 on: May 10, 2018, 05:54:50 PM »
Modern day feminism is one of the worst things in existence. I can't wait for TNT's new shoe to drop, I heard from a reliable source it'll be here soon.

shark tits

« Reply #119 on: May 10, 2018, 06:00:41 PM »
Modern day feminism is one of the worst things in existence. I can't wait for TNT's new shoe to drop on dirtbag p's ass, I heard from a reliable source it'll be here soon.