Author Topic: Jason Jessee is a Nazi and Santa Cruz loves him  (Read 269547 times)

Jehoshaphat Augustus and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Gentle Jones

• Rep: -170
  • I am burdened with glorious purpose
    • Gentle Jones Secret Headquarters
Jason Jessee is a Nazi and Santa Cruz loves him
« on: May 09, 2018, 09:33:12 AM »
This is from an interview with Jason Jessee in Iron Horse magazine January 1995

The full interview is just as hectic on everypage:

https://joeking-speedshop.blogspot.com/2011/08/jason-jesses-great-interview-iron-horse.html

And you all know Indy still backs him heavy

Do you know about the skate nazis?

Anyone from NHS care to comment?

I saw someone post on here that Peanut Brown pushed him off the deck of a vert ramp, and I heard from others that he just straight up kicked his ass.  I'm hoping that it was a combination of the two.

this happened at a vert contest basically in front of the entire industry

peanut brown is my og and personally told me what happened:

on the deck of the vert ramp during the contest jason jessee for no reason was being a dick to blaize blouin (rip). peanut told jason to lay off blaize. jason called peanut the n word (he said "shut up n***"). peanut cold knocked jason jessee out with one punch.

the room was in shock. jason jessee never said no shit like that to peanut ever again.

Jason Jessee is still a nazi in 2018

oh damn they deleted the hard luck thread where this was all first posted too. shady.
what? seriously?

yeah i was curious because they deleted my message in this thread where i quoted that post in the thread. i then found another thread that linked back to it and its gone.

For the record, Luke, Isaac, Neal, and I have deleted no posts and I'm really bothered that it's happening.

the Slap mod is the Schmitty that's best friends with Jessee.

schmitty. Honestly, a mod I can't remember being online in maybe years. But yeah, I don't have a problem saying who deleted that stuff. The mods I mentioned, and i, have been talking. We're not sure how to address it as the deleted threads are coming from actual admin from HS.

kinda embarrassed by indy's iron cross too

I've ridden Indy's for a decade or two.  Damn.  Never really thought about the cross.  I've had shirts and stuff. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Independent_Truck_Company

The iconic logo for the trucks was based on the Iron Cross according to legendary skateboard illustrator Jim Phillips, who created the design. It has remained the Independent logo since the company's inception.

Jim Phillips says in his 2007 book "The Art of Jim Phillips":

"...I began toying with the iron, or Maltese cross which was long dead as the old 60s surfer's cross, and even longer dead as the biker's cross. I used a beam compass to make it into a round shape, which looked completely different than the old square iron crosses... I took my idea into the NHS office the next morning and it went on the wall as usual. Jay and Rich each stared at it for a while, and they both thought that it looked a little too "Nazi". My sketches were rejected and I was sent back to the drawing board. I went back to my studio determined to use it, knowing it was the one. I searched my archives and scrap file for some justification for using the symbol. I found a firefighter's logo, symbols on the knights and Columbus sails. Then in my scrap file, under the letter P, I found a Time magazine cover of Pope John Paul from the June 18,1979 edition. It was amazing; there was a cross on his vestments almost the way I designed mine. I marched into the office the next morning with the magazine to show what I thought was proof of acceptability. They both looked at each other and said, 'Well, if the Pope has it, it must be okay!' That was that, and the Independent cross was born."

UPDATE:

Jason Jessee apologizes and NHS speaks out against bigotry and nazism.

BREAKING NEWS:

Welp, he's "indefinitely suspended" from Cons and Santa Cruz.

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/59q343/skateboarding-icon-jason-jessee-is-under-fire-for-use-of-swastikas-and-racist-remarks

what does "suspended" mean? they keep selling his boards but don't pay him?

jason jessee of santa cruz and cons

« Last Edit: June 07, 2018, 09:09:10 AM by Gentle Jones »
Gentle jones that Stache is creepy as fuck. I back it

BMCsteve

• Rep: 6
Re: Jason Jessee is a Nazi and Santa Cruz loves him
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2018, 09:34:16 AM »
oh cool, this has never been discussed before on Slap

Gentle Jones

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2018, 10:00:05 AM »
among many others... http://www.slapmagazine.com/index.php?topic=74461.0

good post. i noticed nobody mentioned jay adams. him and jason jessee were best buddies. along with andy roy and birdo. i think they are all trash cans.

did you see this skate nazi deck jason jessee made for jay adams?

powell peralta and santa cruz back a bunch of cats down with white power shit

drunkenshredder

• Rep: -93
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2018, 10:03:48 AM »
lets hope no one on here ever does anything stupid or says stupid ass shit...the real question is when you see him will you say something or will you be too busy waiting for a signature? too many people talk and not act. skateboarding is soft

Gentle Jones

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2018, 10:06:26 AM »
lets hope no one on here ever does anything stupid or says stupid ass shit...the real question is when you see him will you say something or will you be too busy waiting for a signature? too many people talk and not act. skateboarding is soft

i would love to see jason jessee and ask him about all of this on camera

drunkenshredder

• Rep: -93
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2018, 10:08:24 AM »

i would love to see jason jessee and ask him about all of this on camera

sounds like a vice piece. haha should get birdo and ole roy involved..bring back Celebrity dethmatch

PeggyHillsShittySpanish

• Rep: -3
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2018, 10:14:33 AM »
Jason Jessee sucks.

jorge

• Rep: -34
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2018, 10:15:28 AM »
I've always wondered what gives this piece of shit "legend" status. I don't remember him ever doing anything that impressive, and his "quirkiness" everybody claims makes him so great is just him being a trashy SC biker nazi. Anybody who's ever spent time in Santa Cruz knows those are literally the trashiest people on earth.

And yeah, its old news that he's a nazi, but why is he still around? Why is converse and Santa Cruz giving this nazi money and endorsing him as a person?

Anybody who claims "skateboarding doesn't care about your identity! As long as you skate, we're all friends!" needs to realize shit ain't as simple as we wish it were as long as "icons" like him are celebrated. When nazis are celebrated, I don't feel like a welcome part of the community, and I'm sure I'm not alone.

yeah i saw him in the new converse video. dude is super sketchy and apparently everyone knows it. i can't really back any of his sponsors.

peanut brown is from my hometown so i heard all this back in the 80s and jason jessee is still this way, and still milking skateboarding.
I saw someone post on here that Peanut Brown pushed him off the deck of a vert ramp, and I heard from others that he just straight up kicked his ass.  I'm hoping that it was a combination of the two.

Surf-goth

• Rep: -166
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2018, 10:18:49 AM »
I can't stand that two hat shit his skateboarding does nothing for me and now I've found a new reason to dislike him. Are there any black dudes on hardluck?
« Last Edit: May 09, 2018, 10:32:34 AM by Surf-goth »
"No eggroll"

Gentle Jones

« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2018, 10:19:55 AM »
Is that deck real?  That's crazy.  I find it strange about Powell being down with the white power back in the day, since three of their biggest pros were TG, Ray Barbee, and Cab, plus they pushed the, "Rubber boys" hard. 

I will admit I don't know shit about the southern California white power scene.  Thankfully.

the board is real and there are still a number of them floating around between collectors

powell peralta put a spade on steve steadhams first pro model against his wishes. i heard it was craig stecyk's idea, which wouldn't suprise me because he was spray painting swastikas everywhere in the 70s.

just connect the dots and half the early skate industry is involved in it

se7en3two

• Rep: -14
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2018, 10:26:43 AM »
Jason Jessee sucks.

As are the companies that back this turd.

IHOP

• Rep: 34
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2018, 10:34:22 AM »
I can't stand that two hat shit his skateboarding does nothing for me and now I've found a new reason to dislike him. Are there any black dudes on hardluck?

sammy baca has a pro model, and sage and louie come to mind right away.  Like half the team are poc

https://www.hardluckmfg.com/pages/team
only in skateboarding is putting an adult in a position where they might have to actually work for their income "ruining their life"  ::)

nopes

• Rep: 19
  • Bob loseedo wears a speedo
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2018, 10:37:11 AM »
the notion that POC's being affiliated with scum like this someone how makes them not racist is laughable.

offkilter

• Rep: 39
« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2018, 10:37:19 AM »
I wonder how sage would feel if he read that interview and had to be in the van with this guy. I definitely turned off purple after jake's part.

lampshade

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 66
« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2018, 10:40:08 AM »
Is that deck real?  That's crazy.  I find it strange about Powell being down with the white power back in the day, since three of their biggest pros were TG, Ray Barbee, and Cab, plus they pushed the, "Rubber boys" hard. 

I will admit I don't know shit about the southern California white power scene.  Thankfully.

the board is real and there are still a number of them floating around between collectors

powell peralta put a spade on steve steadhams first pro model against his wishes. i heard it was craig stecyk's idea, which wouldn't suprise me because he was spray painting swastikas everywhere in the 70s.

just connect the dots and half the early skate industry is involved in it

Wow.  I thought that swastika deck was just a good Photoshop job or something. 

I remember that Stedham deck, but never made the spade/black connection.  I just thought it was the art work.  I guess now it kind of makes sense. 

Gentle Jones

« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2018, 10:43:11 AM »
the notion that POC's being affiliated with scum like this someone how makes them not racist is laughable.
exactly
white power is not a separatist movement. its not like they only associate with each other.

during slavery white supremacists took people to live on their property, cook their food, etc

so saying some dude isn't white power because they employ a non-white person means nothing

jason jessee is openly white power. and indy and santa cruz and consolidated and speed wheels alot of people backed him and still put out pro models for him to this day.

and its a whole crew of them that kind of have kept a pile of white power skaters on top since the 1970s

connect the dots

jay adams and tony alva were life long best friends

connect the dots

craig stecyk was like their father figure and became the art director / brand manager of powell peralta

just take a close look at their crew and close circle and think about them and who got in the cool kids club and who didn't

some of these cats are still around and still got their thumb on the scales

tortfeasor

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 177
« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2018, 10:49:26 AM »

i think cuz im a jew that grew up in a wasp town  i kind of have a different perspective on it...

a LOT of dudes get into "hate" when they are younger (usually in the years between 13-23).  there is something alluring to a lot of people about the red laces lifestyle and the shock imagery.  i guarantee that there are people on here who dabbled in the hate scene when they were young.  there are studies on why it happens. fucking google it, it not worth getting into. however the vast majority of them walk away from it and put it aside. it goes into a box that they compartmentalize and walk away. that's whatever. i have two good buddies that dabbled in hate when they were younger and just outright walked away from it.  personally,  i don't care as much about where someone was as much as i care about where they are,
so if it was a passing thing i would say nothing and be polite...

but this mother fucker is way too old for this shit and way too deep so i would probably ignore him or tell him to fuck off.  also fuck cons i had no idea they were still co-signing this guy (was going to get to purple this weekend) .... i don't care if indy is literally a nazi company their product is so fucking good.

Edit: I made that Indy comment half joking, with less information than I have now, and expecting them to clarify their stance. Looking in hindsight I was wrong. Turns out it doesn’t matter how good a product is.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2018, 08:36:32 PM by tortfeasor »

Gentle Jones

« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2018, 10:51:31 AM »
i don't care if indy is literally a nazi company their product is so fucking good.

i'm just going to let this quote sit here so i can soak in it

Stoop Kid 2.0

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -231
  • I still fucking hate hipsters.
« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2018, 10:53:06 AM »
Apparently being a racist piece of shit is inspirational.....................

Gentle Jones

« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2018, 10:53:58 AM »
and OBLOW is one of the mighty gatekeepers

IHOP

• Rep: 34
« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2018, 11:01:21 AM »

Just to clarify I definitely do not believe that, was just pointing it out.
only in skateboarding is putting an adult in a position where they might have to actually work for their income "ruining their life"  ::)

stevedave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 68
« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2018, 11:14:06 AM »
We gonna give Corey Duffel his own thread for his racist remarks in an interview? 
"See you are like Mark David Chapman and my posts are John Lennon. You having nothing to offer so the best you can do is try to assassinate my beautiful posts. My Dental Plan is Strawberry fields and you are a sexually frustrated fat man."  ---NigNogNooo---

CrappyChan

• Rep: -8
« Reply #22 on: May 09, 2018, 11:19:31 AM »
That interview took place when he was out of the loop out of his mind but these various allegations are a major bummerino. I've always backed his style and goofball attitude but do not back racism in the slightest.
"From Todd Falcon to Tony Hawk, the Ben Raybourne story"

MexicanSpaniard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 623
  • E. P.
« Reply #23 on: May 09, 2018, 11:22:37 AM »
hahaha I didn't bother to watch his part in cons because I know he's a midget
Forever old

TEXAS

CRAILFISH TO REVERT

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 445
« Reply #24 on: May 09, 2018, 11:23:06 AM »
wait.. Powell is a white power company because Craig Stecyk spray painted some swastikas in the 70's? 

Lame_Nigga

• Rep: -31
  • Just a lame nigga who can't kickflip
« Reply #25 on: May 09, 2018, 11:25:33 AM »
That interview was from 95? Some of you on here weren't even alive them. Maybe he's changed his views since then...

...but with that said I refused to buy the CTS pros on the off chance he was still fucking with the white supremacists shit.

And the difference between this and Duffel is Duffel has apologized repeatedly for like 15 years about it and seems to not act the same

mex.ceferino

• Rep: 28
  • POWDERED TOAST MAAN!
« Reply #26 on: May 09, 2018, 11:27:32 AM »
That interview took place when he was out of the loop out of his mind but these various allegations are a major bummerino. I've always backed his style and goofball attitude but do not back racism in the slightest.

I just want everyone to know that I'm only 32.8% skateboarder, and that's on a good day. The rest is just soy and cum.

Surf-goth

« Reply #27 on: May 09, 2018, 11:30:07 AM »
I wonder how sage would feel if he read that interview and had to be in the van with this guy. I definitely turned off purple after jake's part.

This is exactly why asked. I wanna know what these team riders would think. Would be very easy to jump to any other bearing sponsor hell judging by the size of their team they don't get paid much if anything.
"No eggroll"

Surf-goth

« Reply #28 on: May 09, 2018, 11:35:33 AM »
We gonna give Corey Duffel his own thread for his racist remarks in an interview?

Did you happen to see the Jason jesse signature nazi gear ? I'd say this is worse that Corey's idiotic teenage remark
"No eggroll"

Trump2020

• Rep: -45
« Reply #29 on: May 09, 2018, 11:38:25 AM »
I love Trump but I'm not a fan of Nazi's.