Author Topic: Jason Jessee is a Nazi and Santa Cruz loves him  (Read 243950 times)

franc

• Rep: 3
Re: Jason Jessee is a Nazi and Santa Cruz loves him
« Reply #1020 on: May 17, 2018, 12:44:13 AM »
Swaziland changed their name a few months ago because they were tired of being mistaken with Switzerland

Nah that was Sweden.  ;)

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 775
« Reply #1021 on: May 17, 2018, 12:45:07 AM »
You lot all talking about skate Nazi's and think they are a gang of white supremacists are idiots.  The whole point of skate Nazi is 100% skateboarder,  skateboarding or nothing else.  So best try think before brandishing a whole skate scene as racist.  Also the swastika being a symbol of skate Nazi was not being used in a racist manner it was to reflect the skate Nazi 100% mind.  Also the swastika is punk it shocks people it doesn't mean you believe in it.  Sid vicious wore swastikas as did the rest of the sex pistols,  Tony Hawk listens to the sex pistols does that mean he is a Nazi by association?  Or just a Nazi supporter.  I don't agree with JJ's comments in that interview but he was obviously going through a period in his life where he thought he was the shit. No excuse but he is an idiot,  not a racist
That "trying to be edgy and shock people" is the dumbest excuse and been said on almost every page in this thread. But yeah I'm sure that's why he's cool with  that white power band too he's trying to shock everyone 100% Nazi so fucking edgy dude

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 180
« Reply #1022 on: May 17, 2018, 12:53:23 AM »
Swaziland changed their name a few months ago because they were tired of being mistaken with Switzerland

Nah that was Sweden.  ;)

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/smart-news/swaziland-now-kingdom-eswatini-180968883/

IHOP

• Rep: 33
« Reply #1023 on: May 17, 2018, 12:56:20 AM »
You lot all talking about skate Nazi's and think they are a gang of white supremacists are idiots.  The whole point of skate Nazi is 100% skateboarder,  skateboarding or nothing else.  So best try think before brandishing a whole skate scene as racist.  Also the swastika being a symbol of skate Nazi was not being used in a racist manner it was to reflect the skate Nazi 100% mind.  Also the swastika is punk it shocks people it doesn't mean you believe in it.  Sid vicious wore swastikas as did the rest of the sex pistols,  Tony Hawk listens to the sex pistols does that mean he is a Nazi by association?  Or just a Nazi supporter.  I don't agree with JJ's comments in that interview but he was obviously going through a period in his life where he thought he was the shit. No excuse but he is an idiot,  not a racist
That "trying to be edgy and shock people" is the dumbest excuse and been said on almost every page in this thread. But yeah I'm sure that's why he's cool with  that white power band too he's trying to shock everyone 100% Nazi so fucking edgy dude

Please find me some more photos of members of the sex pistols wearing swastikas besides that pile sid.  Sex pistols suck anyways, if you think shock value is punk put a hanging black person on your shirt, or a photo of a jew being gassed, it means the same fucking thing so might as well use the "shock value" huh?
only in skateboarding is putting an adult in a position where they might have to actually work for their income "ruining their life"  ::)

Gay Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -388
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #1024 on: May 17, 2018, 01:01:30 AM »

personally I'm a member of the skate KKK myself and I absolutely hate it when people misrepresent what we're all about. My hood just represents my 100% skate KKK mind. The squares will just never fucking understand me mang...
P.s. Crass is punk, not some boy band
« Last Edit: May 17, 2018, 01:06:30 AM by Gay Imp Sausage Metal »

"This is untrue, my client has not been attacked in every country" #yearoftheeagle

uk_naked_man

• Rep: -11
« Reply #1025 on: May 17, 2018, 01:09:01 AM »

Still havent mentioned about tony hawk being a racist cos he listens to these bands. Boycott him. In fact why dont you lot boycott skateboarding altogether?? Anti-hero use the abreviation 18 which was nazi code for adolf hitler and code for many neo nazi groups including C18 boycott them? All you lot are is a bunch of internet trolls constantly trying to find something to have a winge up about. Go out and skate for fuck sake fucking loser kooks!

https://www.theodysseyonline.com/why-80s-uk-punks-wore-swastikas

poopnutsupreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 98
« Reply #1026 on: May 17, 2018, 01:10:10 AM »
Link to these ďtextsĒ Leticia is referring to? Iím so fucking lost.

Any dude that hates on roller hockey hasn't played, and likely haven't played a sport in their entire life.

uk_naked_man

« Reply #1027 on: May 17, 2018, 01:12:06 AM »
Skateboarding and Punk embrace the things that cultured people, and hippies, detest.

LOU.502

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 65
  • rawr
« Reply #1028 on: May 17, 2018, 01:16:54 AM »
What?!?!? In what way does any of that matter?? Hypothetically, if someone made a universal ďletís kidnap, murder and rape innocent childrenĒ symbol and just straight faced legitimately ran that shit as their genuine ďcool guy OG vibeĒ,  itíd be okay as long as it was for shock value?? I am very well acquainted with the value of relative ďshockĒ in comedy, itís fantastic, and can be spectacular,  but riding an absulute shit image for a lifetime has its consequences. Ainít no backpeddlin on a motorbike jjaassoonn Jeesssseeeeeee (why the fuck is it even spelled ďJesseeĒ? stupid)
« Last Edit: May 17, 2018, 01:21:54 AM by LOU.502 »

im probably lying

Gay Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1029 on: May 17, 2018, 01:17:32 AM »
Skateboarding and Punks embrace the things that cultured people, and is hippies (detestation)

"This is untrue, my client has not been attacked in every country" #yearoftheeagle

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1030 on: May 17, 2018, 01:19:12 AM »

Still havent mentioned about tony hawk being a racist cos he listens to these bands. Boycott him. In fact why dont you lot boycott skateboarding altogether?? Anti-hero use the abreviation 18 which was nazi code for adolf hitler and code for many neo nazi groups including C18 boycott them? All you lot are is a bunch of internet trolls constantly trying to find something to have a winge up about. Go out and skate for fuck sake fucking loser kooks!

The first line of that article refers to the Sex Pistols as an 80s punk band...so perhaps not the most credible source

The time difference keeps me from skating right now. 

1-8 is dumb for AntiHero to use but is not an overt or widely used nazi symbol.   Everyone in skateboarding knows itís used just as an abbreviation of their brand particularly because of the Jewish owner. 

Equating tony hawk listening to Sex Pistols who wore nazi stuff at one point (which was tasteless but did not reflect their personal beliefs) to supporting a band of white supremacists is a dumb argument and I think you know that.   I hope you know that. 
« Last Edit: May 17, 2018, 01:21:30 AM by Atiba Applebum »

uk_naked_man

« Reply #1031 on: May 17, 2018, 01:23:37 AM »

Please find me some more photos of members of the sex pistols wearing swastikas besides that pile sid.  Sex pistols suck anyways, if you think shock value is punk put a hanging black person on your shirt, or a photo of a jew being gassed, it means the same fucking thing so might as well use the "shock value" huh?

Theres pretty much all members displaying them. As well as Siouxsie. And anti-facist band reagan youth.

uk_naked_man

« Reply #1032 on: May 17, 2018, 01:26:29 AM »

The first line of that article refers to the Sex Pistols as an 80s punk band...so perhaps not the most credible source

1-8 is dumb for AntiHero to use but is not an overt or widely used nazi symbol.   Everyone in skateboarding knows itís used just as an abbreviation of their brand particularly because of the Jewish owner. 

Equating tony hawk listening to Sex Pistols who wore nazi stuff at one point (which was tasteless but did not reflect their personal beliefs) to supporting a band of white supremacists is a dumb argument and I think you know that.   I hope you know that.

Ok, but if your a skateboarder and you wear a swazi then that does reflect your personal beliefs?

BigBoi

« Reply #1033 on: May 17, 2018, 01:26:46 AM »
  Long time lurker here. I usually come here to laugh my ass off, but this thread sucks. Great thread to pop my cherry on though.

This whole thing is kind of sickening really. I live near Jason Jesse but have not had the pleasure to meet him. I know a few people who are very close to him and love him. Yes that Iron Horse interview was definitely out of line, but I think that might of been a serious rough patch in his life. He was young and Im sure he's been regretting that interview far longer than any of you have even known about it.

He apologized and I really think he was sincere. A public apology doesn't seem like something he would be good at but he did it and he did it because all you guys wanted it. I think he really does want to love and be loved in todays skateboarding.

It might sound lame to you guys I know but the swastika stuff really is chalked up to shock value. Punk rock, 70s skate culture, Old chopper style. They were everywhere. It was meant to piss people off and scare them a lot like skateboarding did and still does (a little bit). Is he a white supremacist? I really don't think so. He might of had some hatred towards others when he was young but it doesn't seem that way anymore. Ive seen countless Bay Area rap references and other black culture references in his IG stories. A person who hates black people probably wouldnt be into that stuff.

He's also well known in lowrider culture and in the Dukes car club which I believe he was the only white member allowed in. They don't seem to mind his past. Maybe because they know him personally.

You guys are trying to end his career and life in skateboarding and your upset because his friends aren't doing the same. I would say either accept his apology or don't. Don't buy his product or do. Im willing to bet most of you would change your opinion very quickly if you got to discuss it with him in person. Things like this usually turn out that way.

Happy new Slap member

It isnít punk rock.  In fact many punk bands, notably the Clash, fought against nazism and fascist appropriation of their music. 

What you donít seem to get, despite it being made repeatedly and abundantly clear was this was not a one off moment a la Duffelís Big Brother interview.   He has many instances back then such as w/ Peanut Brown, wearing a White Power and Nazi sticker on his helmet, and the Iron Horse Interview.   Thatís attempting to be wiped clean by saying itís the folly of youth and his provocative nature.  However, that behavior has continued past that point where he continues to wear Nazi iconography, design clothes for skate companies with those same images, and support white supremecist bands such as the Highway murderers and even pose with them on the back of Thrasher magazine in a Mob Grip ad.   These events have taken place within the last decade.

The problem is, if these arenít his real beliefs, is that he wants to have his cake and eat it too.  If he wants to be provocative you canít cry foul when you provoke people.   But people will be provoked by this stuff because itís different these days.    This shit may have flown in years past, but this is the fucking Trump era when racists and hate groups are emboldened and march with tiki torches and run people down with cars who they disagree with.   Being a nazi isnít an abstract concept or an ad hominem attack, theyíve been hiding in plain sight and finally feel comfortable showing themselves. 

Iím obviously not accusing Jason Jessee of doing anything to that harmful degree, but he should pick a side and be man enough to deal with the consequences rather than pussy foot around a half baked apology to keep the industry happy and his tough customer buddies not feeling alienated to keep your image.   There arenít good people on both sides

The Peanut Brown incident, the Swastika/White power stickers on his helmet and the Iron Horse interview happened long before Duffels Big Brother Interview came out if I am correct. If Duffel can apologize and be forgiven for the folly of youth then why can't Jason?

Your right about some Punk Bands being anti racist, but not all were like that. Sex Pistols wore a lot of Vivienne Westwood clothing with Swastikas branded on them to scare the public and media, I really think thats the reason this imagery has transferred over into this arena, just to shock people and its clearly worked with most of you being upset. I was in Tokyo last year and  I saw a shirt with little swastikas on it at a well known streetwear store that appeals toward the huge Americana/Chopper/Skate culture they have there. Are they trying to promote the killing of jews? Probably not. Are they trying to be edgy and punk rock? Yes probably so.

As far as him being man enough? He went on IG and not only spoke on video but wrote a letter. Addressing you guys. He's not a politician so don't expect some beautifully written PR speech. He told you he loved you for god sake!

Everything has to be either this way or that way now a days. Pick your side....Versus....I hate that word.

p.s I think we all forgave Derek Vineyard at the end of American History X and he killed a guy!! ;D

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1034 on: May 17, 2018, 01:27:06 AM »

Tony hawk didn't know the SexPistols on a personal level like your hero Jason who's cronies with dudes in a band with white power tattoos and who's fan base look like they jerk off to American History X on a weekly basis, yeah I'm a troll for not wanting to back a bigoted has been who's trying save his gravy train from derailing.

uk_naked_man

« Reply #1035 on: May 17, 2018, 01:28:00 AM »

Theres pretty much all members displaying them. As well as Siouxsie. And anti-facist band reagan youth.

uk_naked_man

« Reply #1036 on: May 17, 2018, 01:28:32 AM »

uk_naked_man

« Reply #1037 on: May 17, 2018, 01:28:57 AM »

uk_naked_man

« Reply #1038 on: May 17, 2018, 01:31:07 AM »

Tony hawk didn't know the SexPistols on a personal level like your hero Jason who's cronies with dudes in a band with white power tattoos and who's fan base look like they jerk off to American History X on a weekly basis, yeah I'm a troll for not wanting to back a bigoted has been who's trying save his gravy train from derailing.

Who said he is my hero? I think he is an idiot but i dont think he deserves to be branded a nazi. If you dont agree with it fine dont watch his videos or wear his stuff

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1039 on: May 17, 2018, 01:32:38 AM »

Ok, but if your a skateboarder and you wear a swazi then that does reflect your personal beliefs?

I guess the difference is that Jason Jessee has worn swastikas over decades overtly and subtly amongst other white power symbols and the Sex Pistols were a bunch of stupid teens dressed by Malcolm macLaren to evoke and court controversy and grew out of such adolescent displays once they retained some agency and matured.   But sure, keep on not getting the difference after 35 pages of this...

somethingmustbreaknow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 110
« Reply #1040 on: May 17, 2018, 01:33:10 AM »
this is the dumbest shit i've read so far. if you call yourself 'skate nazi'
with the intention that it should translate to "100% skateboarding and
nothing else" and embrace their symbols like a swastika (central euro
here stop calling that symbol of mankind's greatest crime a 'swazi') on
various occations along with white pride shit and then expect people to
understand that you're not racist though and you're just lookin for some
'shock value', then you are pretty much a complete idiot that should go
back to school as fast as possible learn some history visit some places
where crimes under the symbol they love to represent on their 'gas tank'
were committed or talk to some survivors and then try to reflect on their
own beliefs and actions. i'm sure they wouldn't want to be associated as
a 'nazi' anymore. people who embrace the symbols are in no position to
cry about how they are not racist ornazis, whatever. if you embrace their
hateful symbols, then be ready to be assumed / judged as a racist/nazi.

also, fuck those people who think that standing up and criticizing racism/
nazis has anything remotely to do with "today's PC"-culture and calling it
'negativity' like oblow did. yeah right, we are the ones spouting the hatred
and negativity the poor, misunderstood racists only have love for the world.

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1041 on: May 17, 2018, 01:36:06 AM »

Who said he is my hero? I think he is an idiot but i dont think he deserves to be branded a nazi. If you dont agree with it fine dont watch his videos or wear his stuff
I mean you're defending him like he pays your rent and goes down on you 4 times a week but thinking about it now you edge lord Nazi dorks sure stick together through thick and thin regardless of relationship so you'll have to excuse me.

uk_naked_man

« Reply #1042 on: May 17, 2018, 01:36:18 AM »

I guess the difference is that Jason Jessee has worn swastikas over decades overtly and subtly amongst other white power symbols and the Sex Pistols were a bunch of stupid teens dressed by Malcolm macLaren to evoke and court controversy and grew out of such adolescent displays once they retained some agency and matured.   But sure, keep on not getting the difference after 35 pages of this...

Why the fuck would i read 35 pages of dumb net nerd bullshit. Suns out, im going skating. chow

Gay Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1044 on: May 17, 2018, 01:44:39 AM »

Why the fuck would i read 35 pages of dumb net nerd bullshit. Suns out, im going skating. chow

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1045 on: May 17, 2018, 01:47:26 AM »
Chow? Didn't realize we were dealing with a man of culture.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1046 on: May 17, 2018, 01:51:06 AM »
Chow? Didn't realize we were dealing with a man of culture.

Clearly an Oxford man

smokecrack

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -238
« Reply #1047 on: May 17, 2018, 01:55:55 AM »
This fucking dork said "chow". 😭

This thread just keeps on delivering.

LOU.502

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 65
  • rawr
« Reply #1048 on: May 17, 2018, 01:56:16 AM »
  Long time lurker here. I usually come here to laugh my ass off, but this thread sucks. Great thread to pop my cherry on though.

This whole thing is kind of sickening really. I live near Jason Jesse but have not had the pleasure to meet him. I know a few people who are very close to him and love him. Yes that Iron Horse interview was definitely out of line, but I think that might of been a serious rough patch in his life. He was young and Im sure he's been regretting that interview far longer than any of you have even known about it.

He apologized and I really think he was sincere. A public apology doesn't seem like something he would be good at but he did it and he did it because all you guys wanted it. I think he really does want to love and be loved in todays skateboarding.

It might sound lame to you guys I know but the swastika stuff really is chalked up to shock value. Punk rock, 70s skate culture, Old chopper style. They were everywhere. It was meant to piss people off and scare them a lot like skateboarding did and still does (a little bit). Is he a white supremacist? I really don't think so. He might of had some hatred towards others when he was young but it doesn't seem that way anymore. Ive seen countless Bay Area rap references and other black culture references in his IG stories. A person who hates black people probably wouldnt be into that stuff.

He's also well known in lowrider culture and in the Dukes car club which I believe he was the only white member allowed in. They don't seem to mind his past. Maybe because they know him personally.

You guys are trying to end his career and life in skateboarding and your upset because his friends aren't doing the same. I would say either accept his apology or don't. Don't buy his product or do. Im willing to bet most of you would change your opinion very quickly if you got to discuss it with him in person. Things like this usually turn out that way.

Happy new Slap member

It isnít punk rock.  In fact many punk bands, notably the Clash, fought against nazism and fascist appropriation of their music. 

What you donít seem to get, despite it being made repeatedly and abundantly clear was this was not a one off moment a la Duffelís Big Brother interview.   He has many instances back then such as w/ Peanut Brown, wearing a White Power and Nazi sticker on his helmet, and the Iron Horse Interview.   Thatís attempting to be wiped clean by saying itís the folly of youth and his provocative nature.  However, that behavior has continued past that point where he continues to wear Nazi iconography, design clothes for skate companies with those same images, and support white supremecist bands such as the Highway murderers and even pose with them on the back of Thrasher magazine in a Mob Grip ad.   These events have taken place within the last decade.

The problem is, if these arenít his real beliefs, is that he wants to have his cake and eat it too.  If he wants to be provocative you canít cry foul when you provoke people.   But people will be provoked by this stuff because itís different these days.    This shit may have flown in years past, but this is the fucking Trump era when racists and hate groups are emboldened and march with tiki torches and run people down with cars who they disagree with.   Being a nazi isnít an abstract concept or an ad hominem attack, theyíve been hiding in plain sight and finally feel comfortable showing themselves. 

Iím obviously not accusing Jason Jessee of doing anything to that harmful degree, but he should pick a side and be man enough to deal with the consequences rather than pussy foot around a half baked apology to keep the industry happy and his tough customer buddies not feeling alienated to keep your image.   There arenít good people on both sides

The Peanut Brown incident, the Swastika/White power stickers on his helmet and the Iron Horse interview happened long before Duffels Big Brother Interview came out if I am correct. If Duffel can apologize and be forgiven for the folly of youth then why can't Jason?

Your right about some Punk Bands being anti racist, but not all were like that. Sex Pistols wore a lot of Vivienne Westwood clothing with Swastikas branded on them to scare the public and media, I really think thats the reason this imagery has transferred over into this arena, just to shock people and its clearly worked with most of you being upset. I was in Tokyo last year and  I saw a shirt with little swastikas on it at a well known streetwear store that appeals toward the huge Americana/Chopper/Skate culture they have there. Are they trying to promote the killing of jews? Probably not. Are they trying to be edgy and punk rock? Yes probably so.

As far as him being man enough? He went on IG and not only spoke on video but wrote a letter. Addressing you guys. He's not a politician so don't expect some beautifully written PR speech. He told you he loved you for god sake!

Everything has to be either this way or that way now a days. Pick your side....Versus....I hate that word.

p.s I think we all forgave Derek Vineyard at the end of American History X and he killed a guy!! ;D
Corey Duffel was a fucking child,and he was relentlessly called out (as is happening now with jjjaaassssoooonnn jjeeessseeeee), universally hated and his career was all but ruined. Corey also didnít straight up sport nazi shit for the majority of his life, he was a stupid kid who, at the very least, provided many, many seemingly incredibly genuine heartfelt apologies and made efforts to mend burnt bridges (Stevie got me on venture!Ē) it doesnít make it right, Corey said some truly horrible stupid shit as a teenager, but paid dearly.

ďSorry I said some shit 24 years ago when I was already really old but still short, Iím not an apologier and  I donít really feel bad, but itís cool cuz Iím jjaassoonn JjeesseesseeeseeeseĒ

im probably lying

IHOP

• Rep: 33
« Reply #1049 on: May 17, 2018, 02:03:57 AM »

Yea I was surprised you didnt use that photo first for reagan youth
"Cause we are
Reagan youth heil, heil, heil
Reagan youth heil, heil, heil
Reagan youth seig heil"
That was their whole shtick, its pretty blatant that the point of the band was calling out how stupid racists were. At a time when reagan was in office, seeing a poster that says "reagans youth" with klan members makes a pretty bold political statement about the administration   They aren't at all in the same category as sex pistols or any of those people besides being a popular punk band.  Different areas at different times.

I stand corrected on how many more people wore swastikas in UK punk but doesnt change anything, they were idiots too.   Just because something was "punk" doesnt make it defendable. 

In the article you provided me, to defend your point, it says "Obviously today, the topic of bearing a swastika, whether out of mere rebellious fashion or political means isn't seen as much of a debatable issue" which is the exact issue at hand, that you are arguing in favor of.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2018, 02:08:20 AM by IHOP »
only in skateboarding is putting an adult in a position where they might have to actually work for their income "ruining their life"  ::)