Author Topic: Jason Jessee is a Nazi and Santa Cruz loves him  (Read 269444 times)

Adam Abbas

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 132
Re: Jason Jessee is a Nazi and Santa Cruz loves him
« Reply #1110 on: May 17, 2018, 08:08:54 AM »
is ben raybourn a racist for using killing an arab in a video part

Well, The Cure themselves won't play the song with those lyrics, and have since changed it to "Kissing an Arab" at concerts. The song's based on Camus' The Stranger, but The Cure was smart and culturally aware enough to change it anyway and not make excuses (the way many people do). I doubt Raybourn or who edited that video even knew about the lyrics and just liked the rhythm of the song. Still would've been better if they didn't use it, though.

Jason Jessee definitely should've realized what he was doing, I didn't know his affiliation with swastikas went on for so long. Even if it's the Jain swastika - a swastika of any kind combined with racist remarks is a bad mix.

I watched Pray For Me and knew about all this shit. Regarding wearing several hats all the time, he's apparently got an issue with wearing layers of clothes, which is something he does often. I researched it and it's actually a sign of schizophrenia to wear redundant clothing. I'm not saying he's schizophrenic, though. Also he worshipped his father, and his mom's infidelity(?) with a black guy might have been the root cause of his past behaviour/beliefs. Maybe his father should've given him more guidance.

Being Semitic (Arabic) myself, I'm glad he apologized but he needs to cut off any use of swastikas and any friendships or business ties or imagery that support Nazism in any way. And also tell his daughter to do the same.
You're hollerin' Don Fisher

I'm screamin' Buddy Carr

cucktard

• Rep: -16
« Reply #1111 on: May 17, 2018, 08:10:04 AM »
Came for the reason Jason apologized, stayed for the critiques.

So I just wanted to add something to the discussion, and that is an evaluation of  criteria for basically ruining someoneís life. Which is basically what weíre talking about here, right? Teaching Jason a lesson and having all his sponsors drop him?

And Iím not necessarily saying thatís wrong, but hear me out.

Yes, he seems to have fairly strong ties to the white power subculture. Yes, itís stupid and ignorant, but has he ACTUALLY hurt anyone? Has he actually gone out and physically harmed someone because of those beliefs?

Yes, heís acted like a douche (as have all of us).  But wearing some stickers and patches is a lot different than giving actual material/physical support 

So no, I donít think heís a Nazi, he hasnít shown any real support for that, other than coopting the symbols like poseurs wear Thrasher tees.

Racist? He seems to have that past. Along with misogyny and being a general dick. But frankly, that seems to be more of the norm than the exception, if we look at other punk skaters from the era, Duane, Jay, Grosso, Andy, etc.

Not a lot of role models. And fair enough, a lot came from messed up homes and found escape in drugs, extreme imagery, and the self-destructiveness of skating. Angry California kids getting involved with White power? Doesnít surprise me.  And that bike mag interview did not give me the impression he came from a balanced home.

Skaters hanging on to the symbols of their youth? I still wear a ďWhy Canít My Boyfriend SkateĒ tshirt.  So itís kinda understandable (but not justifiable, to be clear) that he has hung on to swastikas. And no, not all of them are Nazi ones *

So heís not a moral flame. But compared to other skaters who have actually hurt people, what has Jason done? Talked shit and got punched out for it.

Except for being an idiot, which I too am guilty of, I donít see any crime here worthy of ruining his life. Especially now that he addressed it, however poorly.

That was one of the original hopes of this thread, wasnít it? That heíd acknowledge it? Well, you guys did good and you got it.

So the question is, what is appropriate? Is digging up his past enough? Shaming him? Depriving him of his income? Ruining him?
Other skaters have done objectively worse things (and are still paid and out there), is this on that level?

I donít have an answer, I just want you all to consider it before continuing.

*the Neighborhood clothing swastikas are not Nazi ones, they look more like Jain ones. Not that most people (maybe including the designers) know the difference, but not all swastikas are the same, especially where I live in Asia.

We are supposed to read this whole thing but you can't read the first post on this thread. The first post that shows, in detail, that he still markets white power/nazi symbolism to this day? Where he still hangs with and promotes a band that bathes in this imagery? (psst, he's not sorry. he just finally got called out)

I'm a straight white male and it rules. Why? Because there is nothing I can do wrong that won't eventually garner the sympathy and the benefit of the doubt from all my white bros that 'know' I'm a nice dude. It's very comforting.

I read the whole fucking thing. I agree, itís stupid and fucked. But I donít think heís a full-on Nazi.
And that is s big distinction, as we generally assume they are incarnations of pure evil.

But again, I repeat, is being fucked up and stupid a crime he should pay for with his livelihood? How much do you have to fuck up?

Like I said, Iím not answering it, I just want to bring it to the table.
ďIíd be down to tickle Jamie Thomas until he pisses himself, but thatís about it.Ē - Pigeon

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -406
« Reply #1112 on: May 17, 2018, 08:10:53 AM »
If people are admitting to wearing swastikas for shock value (which is also racist btw), then there is really no reason to use the "but in Asia, it's different..." argument.

Well, if they those clothes were meant for an American market, Iíd agree with you. But the clothes are meant to be consumed in Asia, where pretty much nobody gives a shit about swastikas or nazis beyond fashion, so yes, it is a bit different.
  Its a bit different cause they can get away with it easier.  Its not helping black people in asia to get a natzii thing fired up over there spreading the hate.
message of love (bring the mean locals cookies)

Robert Baratheon

• Rep: -28
« Reply #1113 on: May 17, 2018, 08:12:38 AM »

We are supposed to read this whole thing but you can't read the first post on this thread. The first post that shows, in detail, that he still markets white power/nazi symbolism to this day? Where he still hangs with and promotes a band that bathes in this imagery? (psst, he's not sorry. he just finally got called out)

I'm a straight white male and it rules. Why? Because there is nothing I can do wrong that won't eventually garner the sympathy and the benefit of the doubt from all my white bros that 'know' I'm a nice dude. It's very comforting.

I'm not arguing with the fucking Lord Paramount of the Stormlands.

Rhaegar fought valiantly, Rhaegar fought nobly, Rhaegar fought honorably. And Rhaegar died.

feedmeseymour

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 233
  • Babba Booey
« Reply #1114 on: May 17, 2018, 08:13:59 AM »
If people are admitting to wearing swastikas for shock value (which is also racist btw), then there is really no reason to use the "but in Asia, it's different..." argument.

Well, if they those clothes were meant for an American market, Iíd agree with you. But the clothes are meant to be consumed in Asia, where pretty much nobody gives a shit about swastikas or nazis beyond fashion, so yes, it is a bit different.
just stop, you're making yourself look dumber with every post. jason jessee is american, not asian.

You got questions? Ask me like a fucking man. You know my Insta.

DISTANT RUMOURS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 146
« Reply #1115 on: May 17, 2018, 08:14:37 AM »

So I just wanted to add something to the discussion, and that is an evaluation of  criteria for basically ruining someoneís life. Which is basically what weíre talking about here, right? Teaching Jason a lesson and having all his sponsors drop him?

Yes, he seems to have fairly strong ties to the white power subculture. Yes, itís stupid and ignorant, but has he ACTUALLY hurt anyone? Has he actually gone out and physically harmed someone because of those beliefs?

Yes, heís acted like a douche (as have all of us).  But wearing some stickers and patches is a lot different than giving actual material/physical support 

So no, I donít think heís a Nazi, he hasnít shown any real support for that, other than coopting the symbols like poseurs wear Thrasher tees.

Racist? He seems to have that past. Along with misogyny and being a general dick. But frankly, that seems to be more of the norm than the exception, if we look at other punk skaters from the era, Duane, Jay, Grosso, Andy, etc.

Not a lot of role models. And fair enough, a lot came from messed up homes and found escape in drugs, extreme imagery, and the self-destructiveness of skating. Angry California kids getting involved with White power? Doesnít surprise me.  And that bike mag interview did not give me the impression he came from a balanced home.

Skaters hanging on to the symbols of their youth? I still wear a ďWhy Canít My Boyfriend SkateĒ tshirt.  So itís kinda understandable (but not justifiable, to be clear) that he has hung on to swastikas. And no, not all of them are Nazi ones *

So heís not a moral flame. But compared to other skaters who have actually hurt people, what has Jason done? Talked shit and got punched out for it.

Except for being an idiot, which I too am guilty of, I donít see any crime here worthy of ruining his life. Especially now that he addressed it, however poorly.

That was one of the original hopes of this thread, wasnít it? That heíd acknowledge it? Well, you guys did good and you got it.

So the question is, what is appropriate? Is digging up his past enough? Shaming him? Depriving him of his income? Ruining him?
Other skaters have done objectively worse things (and are still paid and out there), is this on that level?

*the Neighborhood clothing swastikas are not Nazi ones, they look more like Jain ones. Not that most people (maybe including the designers) know the difference, but not all swastikas are the same, especially where I live in Asia.

I read the whole fucking thing. I agree, itís stupid and fucked. But I donít think heís a full-on Nazi.
And that is s big distinction, as we generally assume they are incarnations of pure evil.

But again, I repeat, is being fucked up and stupid a crime he should pay for with his livelihood? How much do you have to fuck up?

You're still aware that you're in skateboarding land right?

The place where people get mocked if their pants are shorter than the average skater or when their style isn't on par. We all get 'triggered' by these small meaningless things (ok, style definitely matters), but we should let racism
, or sympathising with symbolism that glorifies racism and a 'pure race', slip through the maze?

I don't think so.

Same with the that Daryl Angel dude.

Fuck 'em.

feedmeseymour

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 233
  • Babba Booey
« Reply #1116 on: May 17, 2018, 08:16:08 AM »

GANG!
You got questions? Ask me like a fucking man. You know my Insta.

DISTANT RUMOURS

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1117 on: May 17, 2018, 08:17:02 AM »
Also racism in Japan is so bad that the ministry did a survey with people with a  foreigner background...

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/oct/31/japan-to-conduct-first-racism-survey-after-record-rise-foreign-residents

cucktard

« Reply #1118 on: May 17, 2018, 08:17:54 AM »

You live in Asia but don't know that racism in Japan is a big issue and that they clearly know what a swastika is? Even addressed in several books and columns?

Stop posting, please.

I am fairly familiar with Japanese racism. And #1 is, they donít use swastikas, which donít mean much as they are all over the place (including maps) as a symbol for Buddhism.

The main symbol for Japanese nationalists is the Rising Sun, which has a similar notoriety in East Asian as the Nazi swastika has in the West. So basically fuck all that Hosoi gear, right?

To be clear, im not trying to justify everything Jessee has done, he definitely has rocked the Nazi one. But in this specific case, no.
ďIíd be down to tickle Jamie Thomas until he pisses himself, but thatís about it.Ē - Pigeon

Gentle Jones

• Rep: -164
  • I am burdened with glorious purpose
    • Gentle Jones Secret Headquarters
« Reply #1119 on: May 17, 2018, 08:19:54 AM »
The main symbol for Japanese nationalists is the Rising Sun, which has a similar notoriety in East Asian as the Nazi swastika has in the West. So basically fuck all that Hosoi gear, right?
hosoi stopped backing the rising sun graphic for exactly this reason

google it

cucktard

« Reply #1120 on: May 17, 2018, 08:24:48 AM »
hosoi stopped backing the rising sun graphic for exactly this reason

google it

You posted it before, and I was curious, so I did that, but came up with zilch. If you have a lin, Iíd love it.

I did see the current board line, and while the exact red and white colors are gone (and that is good), they still have the same design in different colors (which is good enough for me)

DISTANT RUMOURS

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1121 on: May 17, 2018, 08:27:34 AM »

You live in Asia but don't know that racism in Japan is a big issue and that they clearly know what a swastika is? Even addressed in several books and columns?

Stop posting, please.

I am fairly familiar with Japanese racism. And #1 is, they donít use swastikas, which donít mean much as they are all over the place (including maps) as a symbol for Buddhism.

To be clear, im not trying to justify everything Jessee has done, he definitely has rocked the Nazi one. But in this specific case, no.

Using a symbol and knowing what it is, are different things.

I said it once, and I'll say it again:
Read the neighbourhood article add that with the racism issue in Japan and start from there.

cockrabbit

• Rep: -21
« Reply #1122 on: May 17, 2018, 08:27:54 AM »

Stop posting, please.

Their military naval division still uses that flag to this day

McCly

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -7
« Reply #1123 on: May 17, 2018, 08:30:36 AM »
If I was a cool biker-skater, I would hate to endorse a symbol used by basement-dwelling neckbeards who start flamewars on T_D subreddit.

Or maybe they’re all the same people.

I thought skateboarding was like the USA of sports/hobbies (anyone can participate) and it seems I was right for the wrong reasons. This whole thing kinda sucks and makes me miss the MJ-adidas controversy.

Also fuck people who beat spouses/partners.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2018, 08:32:19 AM by McCly »

cucktard

« Reply #1124 on: May 17, 2018, 08:35:23 AM »

You're still aware that you're in skateboarding land right?

The place where people get mocked if their pants are shorter than the average skater or when their style isn't on par. We all get 'triggered' by these small meaningless things (ok, style definitely matters), but we should let racism
, or sympathising with symbolism that glorifies racism and a 'pure race', slip through the maze?

I don't think so.

Same with the that Daryl Angel dude.

Fuck 'em.

I agree, donít let racism slip. Get it out there. And SLAP did a fucking great job of doing it.

What i am trying to do is draw a subtle line in an argument where itís becoming NAZI SCUM UP AGAINST THE WALL or YOU ARE A KOOK FOR EVEN THINKING ABOUT DEFENDING HIM.

Call racism out, misogyny out, homophobia out, my own fucking wack skate style out, get it into the light for it to be rightly criticized.

But the dude hasnít actually hurt anyone, nor does he seem likely to. I just want people to ask themselves if holding a fucking idiotic POV is enough to for you to try to ruin his life.

Maybe for some of you it is enough justification, others no. But I wanted to point that out, thatís all.

AreYouHarvinFun?

• Rep: 5
« Reply #1125 on: May 17, 2018, 08:36:28 AM »
Glad to see this conversation is still full throttle...

Lets not make the mistake of demonizing JJ here. He fucked up BAD. His "apology" was mute and more of a PR statement. We all generally agree he needs to do more because these views weren't "decades ago" but jut last week in posts. But if he's not going to do more than his PR IG post, fuck it, unfollow him, lets leave him be and let him live his real truth.

The focus needs to be redirected.

Responsibility at this point lies with the companies who support him, these views & imagery while being fully aware of the wickedly negative connotation they hold for most people. They bear all responsibility at this point.

The responses in the comments on his apology & SC's "we back JJ" post should prove enough to these companies that they are slowly and not so quietly slitting their own wrists. The fact that folks who truly care about equality and diversity are being called losers, kooks & HATERS proves the point we are all making here on these boards.

Keep this thread at the top of SLAP until these companies truly answer for their support of this clownish 40+ yr old white guy boy who doesn't give a shit that the images he's procured his entire life are extremely hateful. Hateful to the point that MILLIONS OF PEOPLE DIED BY MEN WEARING THESE SYMBOLS.

To the lurkers from Nike/CONS, Santa Cruz, Indy and whoever pays JJ.You are now the representation of hate in the skateboard world.

Time to choose which side of history you're going to be on...

« Last Edit: May 17, 2018, 08:38:47 AM by AreYouHarvinFun? »

cucktard

« Reply #1126 on: May 17, 2018, 08:42:05 AM »

Its a bit different cause they can get away with it easier.  Its not helping black people in asia to get a natzii thing fired up over there spreading the hate.

This is the point I donít think you realize, the swastika has:

1- too much of a Buddhist image here to get anyone fired up, remember, the Nazi one was an Aryan symbol for whitey, not for Asians, and

2- there is too much lack of education about Naziism here, much less the symbols they used.

In Japan, they have their own hate symbols which work just fine.

Which isnít to say that I havent ripped real Nazi patches off of walls in stores and thrown them in dark corners before I leave.

Donkey Lips

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 685
  • Has anybody seen Sponge Harris?
« Reply #1127 on: May 17, 2018, 08:43:01 AM »

Do we know that he's committed violence against somebody in the name of racism? I don't. But that's not the main point of discussion here. The point of the discussion is why is Jason Jessee being hailed as a skate legend when he's really a shitty person. The discussion about violence is in the Daryl thread, which he's hoping will disappear. Or maybe he's hoping he can bribe Tate with some shoe laces to delete another thread.

Sure we've all acted like douchebags and said some insensitive things. But we aren't all professional skateboarders that literally make a living by maintaining a public image. Jason's public image is kind of against what people seem to be into currently, which is why we're having this discussion.

Don't be dumb enough to equate somebody who doesn't skate wearing a Thrasher t-shirt, with somebody who openly wears iconography representative of millions of deaths. Also, let's not pretend Jason was just a super-swell guy that happens to really like swastikas like Greg from Curb. Jason Jessee wears Nazi iconography, while shooting his mouth off in all sorts of racists and homophobic directions.

So you're attributing Jason's racist/shitty behavior to him not having adequate role models? Ok. But Jason is being praised as a legendary pro skateboarder, so wouldn't it be weird if he's a racist prick being seen as a role model to somebody else? Don't you think that just kind of perpetuates it?

I don't think the goal was to get Jason to acknowledge his shitty behavior. He's in his 40s, right? He is who he is, and no messageboard thread will cause him to change that. The goal certainly wasn't to "ruin his life", so stop being dramatic (also, you guys seem to downplay Slap like it has no influence, but then you get really sensitive about it "ruining" somebody's life). I think the intention with this whole thread, was to have a discussion about why somebody is being praised as a legend, even among some reprehensible behavior.

cucktard

« Reply #1128 on: May 17, 2018, 08:47:48 AM »

Stop posting, please.

Their military naval division still uses that flag to this day

Yeah, Japan is not exactly big on cultural sensitivity. Except for Article 9 in their constitution, they havenít come close to Germany in facing up to their past, unfortunately.

Robert Baratheon

• Rep: -28
« Reply #1129 on: May 17, 2018, 08:48:09 AM »
. The goal certainly wasn't to "ruin his life", so stop being dramatic (also, you guys seem to downplay Slap like it has no influence, but then you get really sensitive about it "ruining" somebody's life). I think the intention with this whole thread, was to have a discussion about why somebody is being praised as a legend, even among some reprehensible behavior.

Big Skatefase

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 217
« Reply #1130 on: May 17, 2018, 08:50:28 AM »
how about jason jessee get on IG or do an interview to explain what all the nazi shit is about and why he uses the symbols instead of you jason jessee supporters put words in his mouth?

the_unknown_soldier

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -71
« Reply #1131 on: May 17, 2018, 08:50:54 AM »

Lets not make the mistake of demonizing JJ here. He fucked up BAD. His "apology" was mute and more of a PR statement. We all generally agree he needs to do more because these views weren't "decades ago" but jut last week in posts. But if he's not going to do more than his PR IG post, fuck it, unfollow him, lets leave him be and let him live his real truth.

Responsibility at this point lies with the companies who support him, these views & imagery while being fully aware of the wickedly negative connotation they hold for most people. They bear all responsibility at this point.

The responses in the comments on his apology & SC's "we back JJ" post should prove enough to these companies that they are slowly and not so quietly slitting their own wrists. The fact that folks who truly care about equality and diversity are being called losers, kooks & HATERS proves the point we are all making here on these boards.

Keep this thread at the top of SLAP until these companies truly answer for their support of this clownish 40+ yr old white guy boy who doesn't give a shit that the images he's procured his entire life are extremely hateful. Hateful to the point that MILLIONS OF PEOPLE DIED BY MEN WEAR THESE SYMBOLS.

To the lurkers from Nike/CONS, Santa Cruz, Indy and whoever pays JJ.You are now the representation of hate in the skateboard world.

I get what you're saying, but I think we as a skateboarding community are responsible for vocalizing that this shit isn't okay with us. Issues of racism/sexism/homophobia have largely been swept under the rug for a large bulk of skateboarding's lifespan, and for what? To revere somebody for having good fs airs? I'm not nearly as concerned with what somebody like Jason Jesse thinks as I am concerned with skateboarding's collective celebration of somebody like him. You can't praise our culture for being inclusive and diverse while accepting somebody who dawns such awful symbols of hate. And judging by the ass kissing festival that is Jason's IG comment section, we clearly have a long way to go.

tortfeasor

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 177
« Reply #1132 on: May 17, 2018, 08:52:33 AM »
only in skateboarding is putting an adult in a position where they might have to actually work for their income "ruining their life"  ::)

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1161
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #1133 on: May 17, 2018, 08:52:59 AM »
The name "cucktard" definitely engenders mutual respect and open dialogue.

AreYouHarvinFun?

• Rep: 5
« Reply #1134 on: May 17, 2018, 08:57:14 AM »

Keep this thread at the top of SLAP until these companies truly answer for their support of this clownish 40+ yr old white guy boy who doesn't give a shit that the images he's procured his entire life are extremely hateful. Hateful to the point that MILLIONS OF PEOPLE DIED BY MEN WEAR THESE SYMBOLS.

I get what you're saying, but I think we as a skateboarding community are responsible for vocalizing that this shit isn't okay with us. Issues of racism/sexism/homophobia have largely been swept under the rug for a large bulk of skateboarding's lifespan, and for what? To revere somebody for having good fs airs? I'm not nearly as concerned with what somebody like Jason Jesse thinks as I am concerned with skateboarding's collective celebration of somebody like him. You can't praise our culture for being inclusive and diverse while accepting somebody who dawns such awful symbols of hate. And judging by the ass kissing festival that is Jason's IG comment section, we clearly have a long way to go.

Im confused at what you missed with my message. I'm saying exactly what you've alluded to above. Vocalizing it. Ensuring this thread stay at the top of the boards for visibility so we can begin this long climb uphill as a culture. What I'm also saying is that the only thing that speaks is money. We need to stop supporting the companies that support him because they've clearly chosen to stick by the sides of antisemitism/racism/sexism/homophobia. At no point did I heap "praise" on anyone in my post.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2018, 09:01:58 AM by AreYouHarvinFun? »

Alan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 123
« Reply #1135 on: May 17, 2018, 08:58:15 AM »
only in skateboarding is putting an adult in a position where they might have to actually work for their income "ruining their life"  ::)

On a related note, just getting someone to address an issue or admit some sort of accountability is like pulling teeth. I wonder if the industry dudes who praise JJ on IG have ever had to own up to something or even self-reflect about their actions. I never subscribed to the whole "skaters are men-children" idea, but, oh man, these guys seem like prime examples.
Hosin' out the cab of his pickup truck
He's got his 8-track playin' really fuckin' loud

Prawn Cocktail

« Reply #1136 on: May 17, 2018, 09:03:28 AM »
Fuck this orgy of outrage.

Trump is president.
The ice caps are melting.
Women dying from domestic assault.

And Jason Jesse is who you choose to spoof your hot ropes off outrage over? Get a grip.

Racism is awful. Even in a postmodern world the Swastika is not something to be taken lightly, evidently.

But this dumb clusterfuck of self aggrandising outrage has left a bad taste in my mouth.

Understanding in a post Trump world is tantamount. Love the racist, however hard that may be. For your hate is only equal to his hate. Hate only begets hate. Change his mind. Don't seek to break it.

Daryl Angel on the other hand, fuck that prick.
Weak little violent cunt should have his wonky face stomped.

« Last Edit: May 17, 2018, 09:05:33 AM by Prawn Cocktail »

the_unknown_soldier

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -71
« Reply #1137 on: May 17, 2018, 09:08:27 AM »

Im confused at what you missed with my message. I'm saying exactly what you've alluded to above. Vocalizing it. Ensuring this thread stay at the top of the boards for visibility so we can begin this long climb uphill as a culture. What I'm also saying is that the only thing that speaks is money. We need to stop supporting the companies that support him because they've clearly chosen to stick by the sides of antisemitism/racism/sexism/homophobia. At no point did I heap "praise" on anyone in my post.

Sorry, it's early and I misread your post, haha. I was mostly responding to your bit about redirecting the focus from Jason. I didn't think you were praising anybody and I agree with you about vocalizing to those who write his paychecks that we're not okay with this.

conqueso

• Rep: -8
« Reply #1138 on: May 17, 2018, 09:11:49 AM »
No sympathy to a woman beater but it doesn't really equate to being a life long white supremacist/neo nazi....
\

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 197
« Reply #1139 on: May 17, 2018, 09:12:24 AM »
Prawn cocktail - I can care about and be upset about all of those things. It's amazing how the human mind works.

And no, I will not love the racist. The idea that speaking out against racism is hate and furthermore that that "hate" is just as bad as bigotry and their hate is sophomoric and immature thinking. If bigoted thinking is lived out, then huge groups of people will be treated as subhuman, have rights stripped away from them, or killed. "Hating" bigotry is a step towards ensuring that's not the case.

And cucktard, I'll say what you want someone to because I believe it - if Jason Jessee does not take actual steps to prove he is disavowing his racist past, then yes I do believe he should lose his sponsors and should face consequences for his terrible belies and actions. I also think that someone like Jay Adams, Daryl Angel, Sanny Way if he's still homophobic, and other people espousing terribly bigoted beliefs and taking part in horrific violence should not be sponsored as well until they've shown that they are trying to change and make amends for their terrible actions and beliefs.