Author Topic: Jason Jessee is a Nazi and Santa Cruz loves him  (Read 217571 times)

Matthew_James

• Rep: -143
Re: Jason Jessee is a Nazi and Santa Cruz loves him
« Reply #2070 on: May 24, 2018, 03:47:36 PM »
someone needs to tell nhs/mob that these two posts dont mix

It's always been Jessup anyway.

Yeah. You don't see Jessup getting caught up in this mess. I've been suspicious of graphic grip from way back when NHS was putting out the shitty flame photo crap.
White supremacy BS aside, Mob should have at least spot-checked for embarrassing stuff like this before running the ad.

Someone should ask Mob if they support black nationalist movements and african supremacy as well, make sure they're across the board with it. I wanna see them get into trouble on some double standard shit...
Are you fucking serious?

totally fucking serious, i wanna see them catch shit for denouncing all hate/ supremacy groups. people only get a pass for denouncing the white ones, and i wanna see them get shit from leftist weirdos for publicly denouncing racists. they should come out and let everyone know that they arent down for the New Black Panther Party or boycott Tariq Nasheed or something...
At least when you're a washed-out hipster douchebag in NY, you can milk it at some decent looking, hard to skate spots. In LA you're just a tan-lined faggot in a school yard somewhere.

Gentle Jones

• Rep: -87
  • I am burdened with glorious purpose
    • Gentle Jones Secret Headquarters
« Reply #2071 on: May 24, 2018, 03:48:57 PM »

Welp, he's "indefinitely suspended" from Cons and Santa Cruz.

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/59q343/skateboarding-icon-jason-jessee-is-under-fire-for-use-of-swastikas-and-racist-remarks

what does "suspended" mean? they keep selling his boards but don't pay him?

jason jessee of santa cruz and cons
these girls belong in some backwood parking garage with gentle jones riding curbs

fickdiepolizei666

• Rep: -6
« Reply #2072 on: May 24, 2018, 03:53:42 PM »

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/59q343/skateboarding-icon-jason-jessee-is-under-fire-for-use-of-swastikas-and-racist-remarks

Slap made that happen!! who’s next? daryl??

StepDude

• Rep: -6
« Reply #2073 on: May 24, 2018, 03:54:57 PM »
why doesn't Jim kick of tnt

Spaced Cadet

• Rep: 49
« Reply #2074 on: May 24, 2018, 03:55:32 PM »
Glad to see something more come from all this. I hope Jason can show that he has truly changed and that his sponsors only accept him back after that. If he can't then he should just fade away from the scene again, which is what I imagine is very likely. I hope he can show he's changed for the better though. If the instagram comments are anything to go from then it is clear that someone like Jason is needed to help change others.

My only real problem with the article is this....

According to Jessee, he's known guitarist Mobby since he was 16, but told VICE he was in the dark regarding the band's beliefs. "I didn't know about their extreme imagery, nor do I support images that can be hurtful or incite damage or hate to others," he claimed.

I call total horseshit on that.

streetsoup

• Rep: -22
« Reply #2075 on: May 24, 2018, 03:59:20 PM »
Daaaaaaaaaaaamnnn.
Sunglasses and socks are all that's left for 2hats. And probably not for long.

feedmeseymour

• Rep: 137
  • If you push mongo switch, you're wack.
Schmitty is a SLAP message board pussy.

AH1888 skateboards

• Rep: -21
« Reply #2077 on: May 24, 2018, 04:03:02 PM »
 How can Nike support womens skateboarding when they know that Daryl Angel beat the fuck out of his girlfriend? I will be burning all of my Nike's in support of womans equality in skateboarding.

excitableboy

• Rep: 30
« Reply #2078 on: May 24, 2018, 04:04:11 PM »
Glad to see something more come from all this. I hope Jason can show that he has truly changed and that his sponsors only accept him back after that. If he can't then he should just fade away from the scene again, which is what I imagine is very likely. I hope he can show he's changed for the better though. If the instagram comments are anything to go from then it is clear that someone like Jason is needed to help change others.

According to Jessee, he's known guitarist Mobby since he was 16, but told VICE he was in the dark regarding the band's beliefs. "I didn't know about their extreme imagery, nor do I support images that can be hurtful or incite damage or hate to others," he claimed.

That's what I'm saying. The credibility of the article kind of collapsed with that for me. Unless it's true, in which case he can't really be held accountable for anything because it would mean he's an actual imbecile.

whaaaaat

• Rep: 6
« Reply #2079 on: May 24, 2018, 04:05:27 PM »
When asked about his use of swastikas, Jessee replied, "In my past, I used hateful symbols, speech and culture to get a reaction out of people [...] The hateful symbols I have used in the past do not represent who I am and what I believe in. I do not support white supremacy or white power that may be affiliated to any type of club or association that supports those views. I have no plans to ever use any of that negative symbolism again. Period."

Well, congrats on the success then?

smellsdead

• Rep: 47
« Reply #2080 on: May 24, 2018, 04:07:14 PM »

fuggin weak they mention daryl angel as someone who gave support to jason through his instapology

someone email vice the dirt on him

h00man

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -102
« Reply #2081 on: May 24, 2018, 04:07:28 PM »
Amazing news! Hell yeah SLAP! Glad the industry couldn't keep this one under their control!

tom

• Rep: 52
  • the moon rules
« Reply #2082 on: May 24, 2018, 04:11:04 PM »

don't think for a second that this is what they're doing. notice how they didn't say he's been kicked off either teams, just that they're "indefinitely suspending" him aka waiting 6 months-2 years before everyone forgets. they'll still be sending him product, maybe even paying him something, but not advertising him; he's been dropped down to flow until they can find a way to market him again
fuck you bama

happenstance

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 419
« Reply #2083 on: May 24, 2018, 04:18:23 PM »

That's what I'm saying. The credibility of the article kind of collapsed with that for me. Unless it's true, in which case he can't really be held accountable for anything because it would mean he's an actual imbecile.
I think the sentence structure of the author is subtly calling bullshit on it too.

Sad Hippo

• Rep: 9
« Reply #2084 on: May 24, 2018, 04:19:06 PM »
someone needs to tell nhs/mob that these two posts dont mix

It's always been Jessup anyway.

Yeah. You don't see Jessup getting caught up in this mess. I've been suspicious of graphic grip from way back when NHS was putting out the shitty flame photo crap.
White supremacy BS aside, Mob should have at least spot-checked for embarrassing stuff like this before running the ad.

Someone should ask Mob if they support black nationalist movements and african supremacy as well, make sure they're across the board with it. I wanna see them get into trouble on some double standard shit...
Are you fucking serious?

totally fucking serious, i wanna see them catch shit for denouncing all hate/ supremacy groups. people only get a pass for denouncing the white ones, and i wanna see them get shit from leftist weirdos for publicly denouncing racists. they should come out and let everyone know that they arent down for the New Black Panther Party or boycott Tariq Nasheed or something...
THAT SHIT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH WHAT WENT DOWN YOU INCEL FUCK. There's no room for whataboutisms here fuckhead. You upset because they only mention "white racists" is telling.  Also, black people can't be racist. I said it. Fuck you, fight me. Go back to your Saint Elliot forums.

Chapingro

• Rep: 2
« Reply #2085 on: May 24, 2018, 04:28:19 PM »
Yep, you're right. While I'm super stoked and proud to have been part of this campaign with you all, we shouldn't think this is the end. What's so positive about this is that a conversation has been revived about politics and skateboarding. Great work everyone for making skateboarding grow and learn about what's sick and what's wack. Fuck nazi kooks.

don't think for a second that this is what they're doing. notice how they didn't say he's been kicked off either teams, just that they're "indefinitely suspending" him aka waiting 6 months-2 years before everyone forgets. they'll still be sending him product, maybe even paying him something, but not advertising him; he's been dropped down to flow until they can find a way to market him again

Gentle Jones

« Reply #2086 on: May 24, 2018, 04:29:09 PM »
Hey hi there, Scout Jessee here...

Who ever published this Should delete
these girls belong in some backwood parking garage with gentle jones riding curbs

Monkey_Mcpott

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 123
  • Go buy a Ryan Lay board!
« Reply #2087 on: May 24, 2018, 04:39:49 PM »
I was expecting this kind of turnout when the Chase Gabor Thread started.

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1138
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #2088 on: May 24, 2018, 04:40:06 PM »
Hey hi there, Scout Jessee here...

Who ever published this Should delete

The capital S in Should speaks volumes.

leticia

• Rep: 17
« Reply #2089 on: May 24, 2018, 04:44:52 PM »
I keep questioning what I'm seeing go down before my eyes, because I can't even believe it.  It was the industry versus you guys, and the truth is winning over lies.  I know victory can't be claimed yet, but just wanted to give you huge huge props for sticking to your guns.  Absolutely amazing.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2018, 04:53:48 PM by leticia »

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -860
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #2090 on: May 24, 2018, 04:50:44 PM »
Kudos to vice and the author.
My only critique is that Santa Cruz got let off the hook for their “we stand behind Jason” post that came immediately after this shit started surfacing and got to act like their first response was to suspend him. It wasn’t.  Its a separate issue, but skateboarding’s bro culture needs to die, and holding people accountable for shit like that might make them think twice.

Indefinite suspension is a good start. Hopefully they just sever ties completely. We don’t need him to have another generation of shitheads fucking up our culture
“Skateboarding doesn’t owe you shit.” -Phelper, who feels skateboarding owes him
“Fuck you heroes” -Glen E. Friedman
*offer not valid with washed up vert skaters*

Disco234

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -48
« Reply #2091 on: May 24, 2018, 04:51:01 PM »
I wonder if he’s under contract if they still have to pay him no matter what unless they had something  specific written in his contract that if he does something along the lines of racism that they can drop him? If so that’s fucked up he still gets paid. Serious question

Colt Cannons Cargos

• Rep: -5
« Reply #2092 on: May 24, 2018, 04:53:34 PM »
What the fuck is a "suspension" in the world of skateboarding? What does that even mean? He can't skate contests? He can't have a sticker on his board for a month? That wording came straight from the suits at Nike, clearly.

Style Police

• Rep: 50
« Reply #2093 on: May 24, 2018, 04:53:50 PM »
Major props to the OP and Slap heads!

FS-OverKOOK

• Rep: -2
« Reply #2094 on: May 24, 2018, 04:56:05 PM »
I wonder if he’s under contract if they still have to pay him no matter what unless they had something  specific written in his contract that if he does something along the lines of racism that they can drop him? If so that’s fucked up he still gets paid. Serious question
I seriously doubt he still gets paid. These types of contracts usually allow either party to terminate the agreement at any time. I would not think he has the clout to demand a fully guaranteed contract.

nopes

• Rep: 15
  • Bob loseedo wears a speedo
« Reply #2095 on: May 24, 2018, 04:58:07 PM »
Suspension probably just means they won’t put him in ads and will remove him from the team roster but will continue to pay him as long as he’s a good boy and doesn’t make a fuss or speak about hipocracy. Then after he is rehabilitated they will use him again.

Gentle Jones

« Reply #2096 on: May 24, 2018, 05:00:18 PM »
I seriously doubt he still gets paid. These types of contracts usually allow either party to terminate the agreement at any time. I would not think he has the clout to demand a fully guaranteed contract.

for a nearly 50 year old skateboarder this means the ride is over

mds

• Rep: 0
« Reply #2097 on: May 24, 2018, 05:01:29 PM »
When asked about his use of swastikas, Jessee replied, "In my past, I used hateful symbols, speech and culture to get a reaction out of people [...] The hateful symbols I have used in the past do not represent who I am and what I believe in. I do not support white supremacy or white power that may be affiliated to any type of club or association that supports those views. I have no plans to ever use any of that negative symbolism again. Period."

Well, congrats on the success then?
holy shit haha ;D

FS-OverKOOK

• Rep: -2
« Reply #2098 on: May 24, 2018, 05:04:04 PM »
why doesn't Jim kick of tnt
For what? The JJ shit has been documented in print, vid, etc. Where do you get your TNT facts? IG and Slap?
Do you really think someone like Jim would cover something up just to sell a few more AH decks(they're not hurting for sales)? Jim is one of the few people in the industry I would trust to handle something like that. I'm sure he has a better handle on the facts than most. I'm not saying TNT isn't a dick, but to throw around the shit I read on here as factual and to call for him to get thrown off the team is weak.

Sad Hippo

• Rep: 9
« Reply #2099 on: May 24, 2018, 05:05:23 PM »

for a nearly 50 year old skateboarder this means the ride is over
He was their top selling pro last year wasn't he? Those reissues sell like mad.  He's got Hard Luck, he's got shit with Suicidal and Dogtown, He's big in Japan, Thrasher's got his back. He'll be around.