Author Topic: Jason Jessee is a Nazi and Santa Cruz loves him  (Read 270096 times)

opinionated bastard

• Rep: -53
Re: Jason Jessee is a Nazi and Santa Cruz loves him
« Reply #2970 on: June 13, 2018, 10:41:26 AM »
This has gone off the rails. I personally dont care about Jason Jessee at all but you are looking way too deep into this stuff, alot of this has been known and some of it is definitely taken out of context. Alot of skateboarders have said alot of dumb shit over the years, before the internet ruled the world we lived and died for publications such as Big Brother who were edgy and provocative and often the intent of articles were written to get a rise out of people. Not defending what he said or anything but try to wrap your head around the audience he was speaking to and try to put some context into it, for example, if someone fucked my mom, I would call them every bad name under the sun, no matter who it is, no matter what race or religion they were I would say something shitty regarding everything I knew about them, I think some of that has to be taken into account. Other than that, stop trying to burn people to the ground, disagree with their dumb opinions and move on.

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1163
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #2971 on: June 13, 2018, 10:46:42 AM »
This has gone off the rails. I personally dont care about Jason Jessee at all but you are looking way too deep into this stuff, alot of this has been known and some of it is definitely taken out of context. Alot of skateboarders have said alot of dumb shit over the years, before the internet ruled the world we lived and died for publications such as Big Brother who were edgy and provocative and often the intent of articles were written to get a rise out of people. Not defending what he said or anything but try to wrap your head around the audience he was speaking to and try to put some context into it, for example, if someone fucked my mom, I would call them every bad name under the sun, no matter who it is, no matter what race or religion they were I would say something shitty regarding everything I knew about them, I think some of that has to be taken into account. Other than that, stop trying to burn people to the ground, disagree with their dumb opinions and move on.

Welcome to SLAP

opinionated bastard

« Reply #2972 on: June 13, 2018, 10:50:36 AM »
sick of hearing about this, its a shame that the idiots of slap have become the PC police

Salsa Verde

• Rep: 7
« Reply #2973 on: June 13, 2018, 10:54:58 AM »
Damn. A c-note boys! What even is Slap theses days....
Itís very tasteful!

jakeumms

• Rep: 25
  • Fakest Arms
« Reply #2974 on: June 13, 2018, 10:57:19 AM »
sick of hearing about this, its a shame that the idiots of slap have become the PC police

There are 100 pages where the thread goes over how if this is PC behavior we are well and truly fucked.

Also, if someone fucked my mom, I would fist bump everyone involved for just so many reasons. Moms need love too.

opinionated bastard

« Reply #2975 on: June 13, 2018, 11:14:27 AM »
I know there are 100 pages about that and its embarrassing that you all think this isn't PC. Rap music constantly speaks poorly about woman and gay people but you never hear anyone criticizing them, you hear about kendrick kicking a woman off staging for singing his song and saying the N word. You guys are phony, you are literally ostracizing one guy for something he said 30 years ago. Keep in mind Barack Obama wasnt pro gay marriage until 2012 when he was pressured into it, and just because you are against that even doesnt make you a bad person, it makes you close minded.

nopes

• Rep: 21
  • Bob loseedo wears a speedo
« Reply #2976 on: June 13, 2018, 11:15:11 AM »

so what you are saying is that its normal and excusable to use racist language in times of anger?

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1163
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #2977 on: June 13, 2018, 11:19:18 AM »
I know there are 100 pages about that and its embarrassing that you all think this isn't PC. Rap music constantly speaks poorly about woman and gay people but you never hear anyone criticizing them, you hear about kendrick kicking a woman off staging for singing his song and saying the N word. You guys are phony, you are literally ostracizing one guy for something he said 30 years ago. Keep in mind Barack Obama wasnt pro gay marriage until 2012 when he was pressured into it, and just because you are against that even doesnt make you a bad person, it makes you close minded.

So...you haven't looked into this, like, AT ALL

opinionated bastard

« Reply #2978 on: June 13, 2018, 11:21:11 AM »
it is normal to trash someone in times of anger yes, and it was a different time and he obviously fucked up by publishing it. I would say it is poor taste to use racial slurs, just because he said it doesn't mean he thinks that, he could have been trying to impress the losers that a magazine such as that attracts, which is stupid but he was a young angry ignorant young man and shouldn't be written off because of it. Now if he actively chased people down and hurt them over race then yeah he is a POS but just because he said that doesn't mean shit, if his actions are consistent with his language then we have something to talk about. This should absolutely be something he needs to explain but he shouldn't have his life destroyed over it.

nopes

« Reply #2979 on: June 13, 2018, 11:26:08 AM »
so he calls a black guy the n word to his face, uses it to describe them in an interview, and up to when this thread was created bathed himself in swastikas and other nazi symbolism and we arent supposed to put two and two together? you sure give a lot of leeway to this guy. 

opinionated bastard

« Reply #2980 on: June 13, 2018, 11:26:50 AM »

yes I have, no i havent read every post, I have read many of them and read the interview aswell. just enough of the pC nonsense

feedmeseymour

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 226
  • Babba Booey
« Reply #2981 on: June 13, 2018, 11:28:20 AM »
Happy 100 pages, wanted to re post this for the new jacks flying in that dont bother to go to page 1.

This is from an interview with Jason Jessee in Iron Horse magazine January 1995

The full interview is just as hectic on everypage:

https://joeking-speedshop.blogspot.com/2011/08/jason-jesses-great-interview-iron-horse.html

And you all know Indy still backs him heavy

Do you know about the skate nazis?

Anyone from NHS care to comment?

I saw someone post on here that Peanut Brown pushed him off the deck of a vert ramp, and I heard from others that he just straight up kicked his ass.  I'm hoping that it was a combination of the two.

this happened at a vert contest basically in front of the entire industry

peanut brown is my og and personally told me what happened:

on the deck of the vert ramp during the contest jason jessee for no reason was being a dick to blaize blouin (rip). peanut told jason to lay off blaize. jason called peanut the n word (he said "shut up n***"). peanut cold knocked jason jessee out with one punch.

the room was in shock. jason jessee never said no shit like that to peanut ever again.

Jason Jessee is still a nazi in 2018

oh damn they deleted the hard luck thread where this was all first posted too. shady.
what? seriously?

yeah i was curious because they deleted my message in this thread where i quoted that post in the thread. i then found another thread that linked back to it and its gone.

For the record, Luke, Isaac, Neal, and I have deleted no posts and I'm really bothered that it's happening.

the Slap mod is the Schmitty that's best friends with Jessee.

schmitty. Honestly, a mod I can't remember being online in maybe years. But yeah, I don't have a problem saying who deleted that stuff. The mods I mentioned, and i, have been talking. We're not sure how to address it as the deleted threads are coming from actual admin from HS.

kinda embarrassed by indy's iron cross too

I've ridden Indy's for a decade or two.  Damn.  Never really thought about the cross.  I've had shirts and stuff. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Independent_Truck_Company

The iconic logo for the trucks was based on the Iron Cross according to legendary skateboard illustrator Jim Phillips, who created the design. It has remained the Independent logo since the company's inception.

Jim Phillips says in his 2007 book "The Art of Jim Phillips":

"...I began toying with the iron, or Maltese cross which was long dead as the old 60s surfer's cross, and even longer dead as the biker's cross. I used a beam compass to make it into a round shape, which looked completely different than the old square iron crosses... I took my idea into the NHS office the next morning and it went on the wall as usual. Jay and Rich each stared at it for a while, and they both thought that it looked a little too "Nazi". My sketches were rejected and I was sent back to the drawing board. I went back to my studio determined to use it, knowing it was the one. I searched my archives and scrap file for some justification for using the symbol. I found a firefighter's logo, symbols on the knights and Columbus sails. Then in my scrap file, under the letter P, I found a Time magazine cover of Pope John Paul from the June 18,1979 edition. It was amazing; there was a cross on his vestments almost the way I designed mine. I marched into the office the next morning with the magazine to show what I thought was proof of acceptability. They both looked at each other and said, 'Well, if the Pope has it, it must be okay!' That was that, and the Independent cross was born."

UPDATE:

Jason Jessee apologizes and NHS speaks out against bigotry and nazism.

BREAKING NEWS:

Welp, he's "indefinitely suspended" from Cons and Santa Cruz.

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/59q343/skateboarding-icon-jason-jessee-is-under-fire-for-use-of-swastikas-and-racist-remarks

what does "suspended" mean? they keep selling his boards but don't pay him?

jason jessee of santa cruz and cons

You got questions? Ask me like a fucking man. You know my Insta.

nopes

« Reply #2982 on: June 13, 2018, 11:28:36 AM »

yes I have, no i havent read every post, I have read many of them and read the interview aswell. just enough of the pC nonsense

then why do you have no idea that this isnt about an interview 30 years ago and more about behavior he was engaging in when this thread was created?

opinionated bastard

« Reply #2983 on: June 13, 2018, 11:44:34 AM »
so he calls a black guy the n word to his face, uses it to describe them in an interview, and up to when this thread was created bathed himself in swastikas and other nazi symbolism and we arent supposed to put two and two together? you sure give a lot of leeway to this guy. 

I think what he said is very shitty and doing that to someone is very shitty but I cant say Im shocked. Alot of people in the punk and motorcycle scene wear similar symbolism, some of that is out of hatred, some of it is because they are symbols of fear and unity meant to identify them as a group and has nothing to do with their actual meaning (such as the independent symbol)

I dont even actually care very much for Jason Jessee, I know I saw this somewhere in the thread but the whole like vato style with the way he wears his beanies and high socks with shorts, definately not for me and he was such a pile for so long that I consider him pretty irrelevant as a current skateboarder but I do recognize him for who he was then. People are dumb and very ignorant, Jason Jessee didnt kill anyone and seems to be a well liked guy amongst his colleagues and peers, if he said this shit a year Ago i would most likely agree with you guys, burn his carreer down. Luckily ideas and bigotry such as this are so frowned upon that they generally work themselves out, if he was emitting such toxicity as this now nobody would stand for it and it would work itself out naturally, considering he is not, give his apology the benefit of the doubt and move on.

Also, stop being so PC cunts, ya cunts

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 137
« Reply #2984 on: June 13, 2018, 11:47:31 AM »

found the Proud Boy

opinionated bastard

« Reply #2985 on: June 13, 2018, 11:52:24 AM »
Happy 100 pages, wanted to re post this for the new jacks flying in that dont bother to go to page 1.

This is from an interview with Jason Jessee in Iron Horse magazine January 1995

The full interview is just as hectic on everypage:

https://joeking-speedshop.blogspot.com/2011/08/jason-jesses-great-interview-iron-horse.html

And you all know Indy still backs him heavy

Do you know about the skate nazis?

Anyone from NHS care to comment?

I saw someone post on here that Peanut Brown pushed him off the deck of a vert ramp, and I heard from others that he just straight up kicked his ass.  I'm hoping that it was a combination of the two.

this happened at a vert contest basically in front of the entire industry

peanut brown is my og and personally told me what happened:

on the deck of the vert ramp during the contest jason jessee for no reason was being a dick to blaize blouin (rip). peanut told jason to lay off blaize. jason called peanut the n word (he said "shut up n***"). peanut cold knocked jason jessee out with one punch.

the room was in shock. jason jessee never said no shit like that to peanut ever again.

Jason Jessee is still a nazi in 2018

oh damn they deleted the hard luck thread where this was all first posted too. shady.
what? seriously?

yeah i was curious because they deleted my message in this thread where i quoted that post in the thread. i then found another thread that linked back to it and its gone.

For the record, Luke, Isaac, Neal, and I have deleted no posts and I'm really bothered that it's happening.

the Slap mod is the Schmitty that's best friends with Jessee.

schmitty. Honestly, a mod I can't remember being online in maybe years. But yeah, I don't have a problem saying who deleted that stuff. The mods I mentioned, and i, have been talking. We're not sure how to address it as the deleted threads are coming from actual admin from HS.

kinda embarrassed by indy's iron cross too

I've ridden Indy's for a decade or two.  Damn.  Never really thought about the cross.  I've had shirts and stuff. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Independent_Truck_Company

The iconic logo for the trucks was based on the Iron Cross according to legendary skateboard illustrator Jim Phillips, who created the design. It has remained the Independent logo since the company's inception.

Jim Phillips says in his 2007 book "The Art of Jim Phillips":

"...I began toying with the iron, or Maltese cross which was long dead as the old 60s surfer's cross, and even longer dead as the biker's cross. I used a beam compass to make it into a round shape, which looked completely different than the old square iron crosses... I took my idea into the NHS office the next morning and it went on the wall as usual. Jay and Rich each stared at it for a while, and they both thought that it looked a little too "Nazi". My sketches were rejected and I was sent back to the drawing board. I went back to my studio determined to use it, knowing it was the one. I searched my archives and scrap file for some justification for using the symbol. I found a firefighter's logo, symbols on the knights and Columbus sails. Then in my scrap file, under the letter P, I found a Time magazine cover of Pope John Paul from the June 18,1979 edition. It was amazing; there was a cross on his vestments almost the way I designed mine. I marched into the office the next morning with the magazine to show what I thought was proof of acceptability. They both looked at each other and said, 'Well, if the Pope has it, it must be okay!' That was that, and the Independent cross was born."

UPDATE:

Jason Jessee apologizes and NHS speaks out against bigotry and nazism.

BREAKING NEWS:

Welp, he's "indefinitely suspended" from Cons and Santa Cruz.

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/59q343/skateboarding-icon-jason-jessee-is-under-fire-for-use-of-swastikas-and-racist-remarks

what does "suspended" mean? they keep selling his boards but don't pay him?

jason jessee of santa cruz and cons

I have seen all of this, I stand by my opinion and will happily wear an independent shirt. Pc cunt

fs overkrook

• Rep: 1
« Reply #2986 on: June 13, 2018, 11:56:48 AM »
Jason Jessee fucked your mom

Alan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 121
« Reply #2987 on: June 13, 2018, 11:56:56 AM »
This guy isn't even capable of doing mental gymnastics to justify 10/10... Oy vey...
Quote from: opinionated bastard t skateboarder but I do recognize  Jason Jessee didnt kill anyone
[/quote

Guys, did you know this? Looks like we fucked up. Mods, delete the thread.
Hosin' out the cab of his pickup truck
He's got his 8-track playin' really fuckin' loud

opinionated bastard

« Reply #2988 on: June 13, 2018, 11:59:05 AM »
This guy isn't even capable of doing mental gymnastics to justify 10/10... Oy vey...
Quote from: opinionated bastard t skateboarder but I do recognize  Jason Jessee didnt kill anyone
[/quote

Guys, did you know this? Looks like we fucked up. Mods, delete the thread.
*** I do recognize what he said was fucked up but he didnt kill anyone...

I hope you dont lose to much sleep tonight thinking about how mean jason jessee was in the 90's

nopes

« Reply #2989 on: June 13, 2018, 11:59:50 AM »
basically you can only be racist if you kill someone for it. got it

opinionated bastard

« Reply #2990 on: June 13, 2018, 12:03:46 PM »
Jason Jessee fucked your mom

As long as its not the guy who fucked jason jesse's mom im good

opinionated bastard

« Reply #2991 on: June 13, 2018, 12:07:29 PM »

No there is a difference between saying something racist and being a racist though. And even if he considered himself a racist back then it doesn't mean he hasn't changed and it doesn't mean he should lose his career over something racist he said in the 90's, put your pitch forks away, if anything he should be ignored because of the way he wears his beanies.

Jeff Groucho

• Rep: -239
« Reply #2992 on: June 13, 2018, 12:08:37 PM »
sometimes when im fucking my girlfriend i imagine that 5 dudes had just finished running a train on her beforehand. it helps me cum. anyone know what this means?

opinionated bastard

« Reply #2993 on: June 13, 2018, 12:10:03 PM »
ding ding ding, you are a CUCK!

nopes

« Reply #2994 on: June 13, 2018, 12:11:44 PM »

No there is a difference between saying something racist and being a racist though. And even if he considered himself a racist back then it doesn't mean he hasn't changed and it doesn't mean he should lose his career over something racist he said in the 90's, put your pitch forks away, if anything he should be ignored because of the way he wears his beanies.

so whats the line for him? he currently hangs out with and enjoys the music of sketchy white powerish bands and enjoys the use of racists symbols. why is it so a stretch for you to relate the interviews and peanut brown incident with his current activities? id understand how someone who didnt have those things in his past "innocently" doing these things but its hard to fathom that with someone who does.

Jeff Groucho

« Reply #2995 on: June 13, 2018, 12:15:20 PM »
not just random dudes though. like specific dudes from my past whom i am not very fond of. they run the train then im left with the sloppy blown out cum dumpster. but i like it

opinionated bastard

« Reply #2996 on: June 13, 2018, 12:23:12 PM »

so whats the line for him? he currently hangs out with and enjoys the music of sketchy white powerish bands and enjoys the use of racists symbols. why is it so a stretch for you to relate the interviews and peanut brown incident with his current activities? id understand how someone who didnt have those things in his past "innocently" doing these things but its hard to fathom that with someone who does.

I mean, I dont know of him doing anything in the past 10 years thats racist other than maybe the music he listens to. And from what I have been told of people who know him he is a nice guy. If he listens to racist music thats on him, that doesn't mean he is one still. Like i said earlier, lots of rap music speaks very poorly of gay people, doesnt mean they are homophobes, they are just talking. If he listens to music talking about racist shit then so be it, music is subjective.

opinionated bastard

« Reply #2997 on: June 13, 2018, 12:24:12 PM »
not just random dudes though. like specific dudes from my past whom i am not very fond of. they run the train then im left with the sloppy blown out cum dumpster. but i like it

Then sir, you are possibly gay. I know of a conversion therapy place we can send you.

Jeff Groucho

« Reply #2998 on: June 13, 2018, 12:32:30 PM »
no i know for sure im not gay. im not attracted to dudes in the slightest. do i just hate myself?

opinionated bastard

« Reply #2999 on: June 13, 2018, 12:35:32 PM »
no i know for sure im not gay. im not attracted to dudes in the slightest. do i just hate myself?

I think you might just get off at the thought and action of your gf being treated like a whore