Author Topic: Herman’s new shoe company  (Read 43845 times)

Jud Nestorkins

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -60
  • Only YOU can prevent corporate espionage.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2018, 03:15:27 PM by Jud Nestorkins »

MexicanSpaniard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
  • S&H
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Herman’s new shoe
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2018, 06:27:24 PM »
those the first peek of hookers?

Chatbot

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 80
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2018, 06:38:27 PM »
Noooo

DaSk8D00D

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: -108
  • Can't Leave SLAP Alone the Game Needs Me!
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2018, 06:43:10 PM »
those actually look kinda sick I'm interested to see what he does with this

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1472
  • Illusion Flip
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2018, 06:48:33 PM »
I imagine they’ll be a hit. Best of luck in this venture.

duster1

• Rep: 0
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2018, 06:50:13 PM »
well, looks like Emerica is done
Skating and Baitin

Yu Dum

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2018, 06:50:27 PM »
Look pretty similar to Reebok; which I am not opposed to one bit. I’ll give em a shot.

themanwhomakes

• Rep: -5
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2018, 07:07:18 PM »
Is he part of the thing with Ellington and Lucien?
One post in and he's threatening pro skaters with violence over their shitty bands. Best first post ever?

eminem96

• Rep: -41
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2018, 07:16:53 PM »

Pill_Cosby

« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2018, 07:26:01 PM »
I dunno man, I see people skating in Emericas all the time. If they have one thing it’s consumers with brand loyalty.

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 315
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2018, 07:43:59 PM »
Looks like the Reebok workouts.
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2018, 08:11:09 PM »
Looks like the Reebok workouts.
Didn't people think this brand might be linked to Reebok early on due to the Lucien connection? I mean, he pretty much exclusively skated Reeboks in Palasonic. Given Adidas success right now with the whole Adidas originals vibe which is helped by being linked to Palace, it wouldn't hurt to do the same with Reebok which they also own.

Harem

« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2018, 08:17:22 PM »
Rory & Lucien are on Reebok, but was not sure if they intened on starting an actual skate division.

Last I heard on Hours, is that they are super in debt already, and 6 months behind schedule. Curious to see what happens with it and if they are linked with Rebook.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2018, 08:18:54 PM by Harem »

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2018, 08:19:20 PM »
Rory & Lucien are on Reebok, but they don't intend on starting an actual skate division.

Last I heard on Hours, is that they are super in debt already, and 6 months behind schedule. Curious to see what happens with it and if they are linked with Rebook.
True, the way there were posting stuff on insta I thought Rory, Lucien, Herman, and Ellington were going to be the faces of the company.

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 381
« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2018, 09:41:46 PM »
Wait - Reebok is posting footage of Ellington, Herman, and Lucien?  And might try to get into skating again?  I mean, why not after their super innovative and successful DGK line?

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2018, 10:36:19 PM »
Wait - Reebok is posting footage of Ellington, Herman, and Lucien?  And might try to get into skating again?  I mean, why not after their super innovative and successful DGK line?
No, for whatever Hours was, but it was rumored Reebok was linked at one point. But, if you watch or re-watch Palasonic, Lucien is pretty much only rocking Reeboks and he tags them in stuff now. And, this post got the rumor mill going.

http://www.instagram.com/p/Bf6cursHgl-/?taken-by=erikellington

CHONGO

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 28
    • tumblr avatar image
« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2018, 10:39:33 PM »
damn

bawtawdreloaded

« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2018, 10:45:32 PM »
Lets get it, ill cop, need some new shit

IHOP

« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2018, 10:49:45 PM »
Rory & Lucien are on Reebok, but was not sure if they intened on starting an actual skate division.

Not true, they get boxes through palace but thats it.  Lucien is on the new thing though with herman and ellington, which has already changed its name from hours to something else.  Not linked with reebok.

KoRnholio8

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1488
  • SkateMagArchive
    • SkateMagArchive avatar image
« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2018, 02:40:53 AM »
how could his new company have a better chance than emerica that already has a rock solid reputation

Big Baby Jesus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 267
    • Suciu avatar image
« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2018, 04:14:59 AM »

Really hope it’s not called hours... a shitty name can destroy a brand from the get go IMO. I do believe they are probably super in debt already. It’s a couple million to make multiple models and color ways, non generic molds, and a full size run with enough to sell. I just hope Herm isn’t partially funding this with his St. Archer money. 💸
flat spotted 3 times in 2 weeks, other than that awesome wheels

Baby is gonna be raised by Max and Cyrus

colt cannon lunchbox

• Rep: -92
« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2018, 04:27:36 AM »
how could his new company have a better chance than emerica that already has a rock solid reputation

Emerica is stuck with the so cal stoner rock handrail image, an image that arguably went out of style 10 years ago

I still fuck with them but bonds really do need to be diversified

coyote2425

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 128
« Reply #22 on: May 11, 2018, 04:37:51 AM »
Hope they make something comparable to the Herman 2.

KoRnholio8

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1488
  • SkateMagArchive
    • SkateMagArchive avatar image
« Reply #23 on: May 11, 2018, 05:09:05 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Emerica is stuck with the so cal stoner rock handrail image, an image that arguably went out of style 10 years ago

I hear what you are saying, Herman definitely stood out from the pack. But he was also the text-book image of a stoner, but skated different spots, so he was the diversified bond ... maybe he should've put out some footage to get proper exposure and then compensation.

dumptruck12

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rep: -104
« Reply #24 on: May 11, 2018, 07:50:16 AM »
How? How does Herman leaving emerica make it done? Your an idiot.

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #25 on: May 11, 2018, 09:09:20 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I hear what you are saying, Herman definitely stood out from the pack. But he was also the text-book image of a stoner, but skated different spots, so he was the diversified bond ... maybe he should've put out some footage to get proper exposure and then compensation.
I'd add, Herman is much more known for his flip tricks (particularly his Hardflip, but also his Nollie Inward Heels and Switch Frontside flips) than for skating rails. I think of Herman as a stylish skater who has sick lines before I think of any of his rail tricks. I'd associate him with picnic tables before rails.

It is guys like Figgy who basically are the image of Emerica. Then there are guys like Leo and Leabres who kill rails and are from so-cal.

eyodu

• Rep: -35
« Reply #26 on: May 11, 2018, 09:47:18 AM »
Reebok
Nike
Adidas
Converse
New Balance

THIS IS SKATEBOARDING

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -484
« Reply #27 on: May 11, 2018, 10:10:15 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
I'd add, Herman is much more known for his flip tricks (particularly his Hardflip, but also his Nollie Inward Heels and Switch Frontside flips) than for skating rails. I think of Herman as a stylish skater who has sick lines before I think of any of his rail tricks. I'd associate him with picnic tables before rails.

It is guys like Figgy who basically are the image of Emerica. Then there are guys like Leo and Leabres who kill rails and are from so-cal.

That one gnarly kinked rail he skated in bake and destroy always stood out to me .
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #28 on: May 11, 2018, 10:38:48 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

That one gnarly kinked rail he skated in bake and destroy always stood out to me .
Oh, I know he has stand out rail tricks, I mean, he ended Baker 3 with a nosegrind stalefish down Hollywood 12.

I was just saying, I'd never classify Herman as a so-cal rail guy. I mean, Koston has a ridiculous amount of iconic rail tricks, but I'd never label him as such either.

Billy Bitchcakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 477
  • Q U I T E S T Y L I S H
« Reply #29 on: May 11, 2018, 10:58:22 AM »
is it even possible right now for a shoe company to get to at least an emerica level? starting a shoe company seems like a lost cause, although i'd love to see some skater run competition. i thought diamond might go somewhere but they don't make any noise
During sex to prevent myself from ejaculating I think about Osama Bin Laden running my dick through a sewing machine.