Author Topic: Herman’s new shoe company  (Read 43863 times)

BMCsteve

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 54
Re: Herman’s new shoe company
« Reply #150 on: June 04, 2018, 04:53:12 AM »
thank god.  I've wanted to skate in tassel loafers my entire life. 

roba

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 762
« Reply #151 on: June 04, 2018, 05:56:45 AM »
awful
I'm ok with theft. It happens to me all the time.
I steal too

I’m rich and smart

R.I.P Tate

alraunen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 244
    • www.davidcampillo.net avatar image
« Reply #152 on: June 04, 2018, 06:12:06 AM »
At least is something different and I like them, most probably because I could wear them at work.

Ellington and Lucien fit into the brand but Herman is super weird. It's distributed by bakerboys?

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1069
« Reply #153 on: June 04, 2018, 07:06:12 AM »
I can see these being trendy as fuck. Who makes the first more functional rip off?

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 857
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #154 on: June 04, 2018, 07:15:53 AM »

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2192
« Reply #155 on: June 04, 2018, 07:16:00 AM »
I can see these being trendy as fuck. Who makes the first more functional rip off?
Huf?

Damn I left my bubbler at my parents house

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1069
« Reply #156 on: June 04, 2018, 07:31:20 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Huf?

functional not cheaper

FS-OverKOOK

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 45
« Reply #157 on: June 04, 2018, 07:45:54 AM »
Straye

Surf-goth

• Rep: -677
« Reply #158 on: June 04, 2018, 07:53:36 AM »
I'm diggin the loafer.now i can skate with a casual but polished look , maybe throw in a nice v neck.
Rest in peace Dick Dale.

FS-OverKOOK

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 45
« Reply #159 on: June 04, 2018, 08:03:59 AM »
also Supra..cause you know Grecs needs those for the suit.

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2192
« Reply #160 on: June 04, 2018, 08:19:45 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Straye

functional not cheaper

Damn I left my bubbler at my parents house

feedmeseymour

« Reply #161 on: June 04, 2018, 09:55:36 AM »
i think id rather skate in those old DVS slippers

Mystical Leader

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -134
« Reply #162 on: June 04, 2018, 10:06:45 AM »
Cool, nice to see something different.

I'm getting bored with all the low top blazers and matchcourts with toe caps.. Also the whole athletic gear should go away if we don't want to associated with athletes or sports. At least I don't..

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2231
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #163 on: June 04, 2018, 10:12:51 AM »
First drop is those loafers that are just chillers, then they'll release that Ellington Emerica looking shoe that Herman has been rocking, then later a vulc version of those loafers that that Shredmaster Keith was wearing in his Jenkem thing.

But yeah, this launch with recycled footage and riders chilling in Nikes and smoking weed, and the whole luxury lifestyle angle and the terrible name are definitely not speaking to me.

Stonesthrowplease

• Rep: 2
« Reply #164 on: June 04, 2018, 03:15:55 PM »
Anyone know when these are actually available for purchase ?

Slaps Son

Re: Herman’s new shoe
« Reply #165 on: June 04, 2018, 05:41:12 PM »
those actually look kinda sick I'm interested to see what he does with this

reptar_bar

• Rep: -7
« Reply #166 on: June 04, 2018, 06:55:39 PM »
This new shoe co took a dark turn already. Pre-launch re brand already? Was Hours in a similar situation to Mother i wonder? Either way HRS is a bad name. More DC reissues, less boat shoes.

im gonna say Vans

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3326
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #167 on: June 04, 2018, 07:10:51 PM »
I'm always happy to support skaters when buying work clothes so this interests me.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #168 on: June 04, 2018, 07:15:02 PM »
I've long wanted loafers but don't want to stop wearing skate shoes in all situations because this isn't a motherfucking game so I back these.

WarmUpZone

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 462
  • I hope God makes you break your leg.
    • the Warm Up Zone - watching skate videos over and over avatar image
« Reply #169 on: June 05, 2018, 10:05:08 AM »
I really hope, for his sake, Herman isn't putting his St. Archer fortune behind this brand.
Even the name, Hrs, is clearly gonna be dated. We are gonna look back on all these brands that are excluding vowels (WKND, Svrn) and just know they were made in the 2010s. If this were 1997 they would be called H0urz (with a zero and a zee).

Let's face it, Nike won. Once Sole Tech, Lakai (a sad day indeed, but easy to see coming), all sponsored skaters are just gonna need to pick one of the 4 or 5 remaining athletic sneaker brands that have skate divisions and logo up. It is hard to see these tiny skate brands having any impact.

I hate to see it, but I hardly ever spot a non-Nike/Cons/Adidas/Vans shoe on anybody's feet under the age of 30 at the skate park. I get psyched with the rare sighting of a pair of DCs these days. Not to mention that the Nike/Adidas logo is half the shirts and hats at the park. These kids are branded and Hrs doesn't stand a chance.

The gold loafers aren't helping. 
Warm Up Zone. Let's watch some skateboarding videos.

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -482
« Reply #170 on: June 05, 2018, 10:14:24 AM »
Y’all hating are stupid. All you want is CORE companies but hate on everyone that comes out. So what if these dudes want to make a loafer. It’s likely to make enough to pay for production on the next stuff. They aren’t guys and both Ellington and Herman have more off business dealings like st archer and baker boys respectively than most y’all bitter fucks will ever see in a lifetime but you keep hating. Go buy nikes and jerk it to max palmer more.
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

Seadramon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 230
« Reply #171 on: June 05, 2018, 10:23:14 AM »
Y’all hating are stupid. All you want is CORE companies but hate on everyone that comes out. So what if these dudes want to make a loafer. It’s likely to make enough to pay for production on the next stuff. They aren’t guys and both Ellington and Herman have more off business dealings like st archer and baker boys respectively than most y’all bitter fucks will ever see in a lifetime but you keep hating. Go buy nikes and jerk it to max palmer more.

Sorry man but I'm not going to convince myself that I like this kooky shit just because it's a "core" brand.

I.C. Weiner

• Rep: -7
« Reply #172 on: June 05, 2018, 10:26:41 AM »

the biggest market in skating is young people. all these new "core" companies are completely ignoring youth culture. skate shoes are hard to come by in my country, and I've always loved adidas sambas. I stick with adidas samba adv. sadly, my taste is shared by the majority. Emerica markets to rockers, who get the shit beat out of them here. Lakai are stuck in the mid to late 2000s. Straye is marketed at Emos who grew up watching misled youth. it's insulting, but true. they're all a joke to younger people. i didn't mention state because nobody outside slap ever mentions state.

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2231
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #173 on: June 05, 2018, 10:29:56 AM »

fang

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 195
« Reply #174 on: June 05, 2018, 11:05:06 AM »
thank god.  I've wanted to shit in tassel loafers my entire life.

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #175 on: June 05, 2018, 11:25:30 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Fuck . I’m keeping it.

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #176 on: June 05, 2018, 11:31:57 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

the biggest market in skating is young people. all these new "core" companies are completely ignoring youth culture. skate shoes are hard to come by in my country, and I've always loved adidas sambas. I stick with adidas samba adv. sadly, my taste is shared by the majority. Emerica markets to rockers, who get the shit beat out of them here. Lakai are stuck in the mid to late 2000s. Straye is marketed at Emos who grew up watching misled youth. it's insulting, but true. they're all a joke to younger people. i didn't mention state because nobody outside slap ever mentions state.

I own states and I agree with you. You’re right on the young people thing. I just can’t find a shoe I like right now. So I want something to work especially if it’s a skater owned brands. Especially now that I can’t seem to find new blazer gts. And emericas while good are too bland. And es refuses to remake square ones. That was probably my favorite shoe outside of the Reynolds 3 or Herman 2. If this company can give me a Herman 2 remake they’ll have all my money. Easily the best shoe I’ve skated. For now I think I’m gonna go back to half cabs and random slip ons. I got the match court slips and switched the insole and they’re great , just wish I hadn’t got canvas .

stevedave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 97
« Reply #177 on: June 05, 2018, 12:07:03 PM »
serious question.  so the fact that it's owned by skateboarders, by default, makes it a "core" brand, but if your business plan is to market these as a mainstream brand (think Supra) outside of skateboarding with IG influencers and celebrities that have no relation to skateboarding (in order to keep the skate aspect of it afloat), is that still considered "core"? 
"See you are like Mark David Chapman and my posts are John Lennon. You having nothing to offer so the best you can do is try to assassinate my beautiful posts. My Dental Plan is Strawberry fields and you are a sexually frustrated fat man."  ---NigNogNooo---

streetsoup

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -32
« Reply #178 on: June 05, 2018, 01:08:06 PM »
Herm, we wont be mad at you and will actually love you more if you abandoned ship and went back to loved emerica.

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #179 on: June 05, 2018, 01:19:19 PM »
serious question.  so the fact that it's owned by skateboarders, by default, makes it a "core" brand, but if your business plan is to market these as a mainstream brand (think Supra) outside of skateboarding with IG influencers and celebrities that have no relation to skateboarding (in order to keep the skate aspect of it afloat), is that still considered "core"? 
Core is a marketing term just like Air or Boost.