Author Topic: Herman’s new shoe company  (Read 43846 times)

Lame_Nigga

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -3
  • Just a lame nigga who can't kickflip
Re: Herman’s new shoe
« Reply #30 on: May 11, 2018, 10:59:02 AM »
 Ellington has always had the best shoe designs, and making them look different from the typical skate shoe so I'm excited to see what designs they create. I used to buy Supra because they didn't look like every other shoe and I'm hoping for this company to be in same.

When it comes to shoe companies, if they don't share a distro with anybody they gotta make their own molds, correct? That probably means they're going to be a little pricey

fs overkrook

« Reply #31 on: May 11, 2018, 03:52:53 PM »
Expand Quote
well, looks like Emerica is done
[close]
How? How does Herman leaving emerica make it done? Your an idiot.
Hahahahah
You’re*

friendly dave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 736
  • grinding to a halt
    • grindingtoahalt avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #32 on: May 11, 2018, 05:09:05 PM »
Ellington has always had the best shoe designs, and making them look different from the typical skate shoe so I'm excited to see what designs they create. I used to buy Supra because they didn't look like every other shoe and I'm hoping for this company to be in same.

When it comes to shoe companies, if they don't share a distro with anybody they gotta make their own molds, correct? That probably means they're going to be a little pricey

Back when these came out we couldn't get people to buy these on sale. They were ugly as hell in person.

Because you can't kill and idea, and we will not be ruled!

the visuals are also mad visual yo
FTW

reptar_bar

• Rep: -7
Re: Herman’s new shoe company
« Reply #33 on: May 11, 2018, 05:51:42 PM »
how do we know that the name is already changed from Hours to something else?

GinosGroceries

« Reply #34 on: May 11, 2018, 06:50:45 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Back when these came out we couldn't get people to buy these on sale. They were ugly as hell in person.

Just that color way or the Ellingtons in general? I knew a few people who had them but I was in middle school when they came out so maybe that's a different demographic. I'm not ashamed to say I'd rock them :)

CrappyChan

• Rep: -54
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #35 on: May 11, 2018, 06:51:25 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

My best friend's dad still has a pair of the two tone brown ones. He's a Rasta dj and used to have the full Bob marley/adelmo Jr. look going and they complement his kit well. My character in THPS4 is running them
"From Todd Falcon to Tony Hawk, the Ben Raybourn story"

IHOP

« Reply #36 on: May 11, 2018, 10:57:10 PM »
how do we know that the name is already changed from Hours to something else?

My homie who is a middle eastern tm

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 264
« Reply #37 on: May 12, 2018, 12:25:14 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

So like dreadlocks?
My best friend's dad still has a pair of the two tone brown ones. He's a Rasta dj and used to have the full Bob marley/adelmo Jr. look going and they complement his kit well. My character in THPS4 is running them

roba

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 756
« Reply #38 on: May 12, 2018, 02:43:58 AM »
I'm ok with theft. It happens to me all the time.
I steal too

I’m rich and smart

R.I.P Tate

euro tm

« Reply #39 on: May 12, 2018, 02:45:21 AM »
Expand Quote
Rory & Lucien are on Reebok, but was not sure if they intened on starting an actual skate division.

Last I heard on Hours, is that they are super in debt already, and 6 months behind schedule. Curious to see what happens with it and if they are linked with Rebook.
[close]

Really hope it’s not called hours... a shitty name can destroy a brand from the get go IMO. I do believe they are probably super in debt already. It’s a couple million to make multiple models and color ways, non generic molds, and a full size run with enough to sell. I just hope Herm isn’t partially funding this with his St. Archer money. 💸

bryan owns a weed farm in colorado and the hollywood pharmacy shop as well. he’s financially stable.

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 706
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #40 on: May 12, 2018, 04:15:15 AM »
I took this screenshot from Herman insta stories a few days ago. They remind me of old ellington pro shoes...

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

ungzilla

« Reply #41 on: May 12, 2018, 05:42:44 AM »
RIP all of their money

kneebone

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 348
« Reply #42 on: May 12, 2018, 06:31:55 AM »
"let's take the Nyjah Free and the MJ and make them into one shoe"

judge reinhold

• Rep: 1
« Reply #43 on: May 12, 2018, 06:48:53 AM »
if that's the logo then they are gonna... sorry just threw up

Stoop Kid 2.0

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -312
  • I still fucking hate hipsters.
« Reply #44 on: May 12, 2018, 06:55:04 AM »
That’s a dumb ass looking shoe. Makes that nick tucker shoe look good.

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3313
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #45 on: May 12, 2018, 07:25:50 AM »
That shoe looks like butthole that was left out in the rain and then the sun came out.

Lame_Nigga

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -3
  • Just a lame nigga who can't kickflip
« Reply #46 on: May 12, 2018, 07:40:05 AM »
I took this screenshot from Herman insta stories a few days ago. They remind me of old ellington pro shoes...

I was wrong. That's a terrible design and that logo is a monstrosity

MaitlandPrivado

• Rep: 29
« Reply #47 on: May 12, 2018, 08:06:51 AM »
The Mule is my favorite and I love Herman but that hourglass logo is no bueno.

Putaslocas

• Rep: -291
  • EAT SHIT AND DIE
« Reply #48 on: May 12, 2018, 08:29:34 AM »
Expand Quote
well, looks like Emerica is done
[close]
I dunno man, I see people skating in Emericas all the time. If they have one thing it’s consumers with brand loyalty.

Yeah i dont think emerica is done. Maybe some things are changing but they do sell a shit ton of shoes. At least in chicago i see emericas the most frequently next to adidas and nike.

smellsdead

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1226
« Reply #49 on: May 12, 2018, 08:38:44 AM »

DaSk8D00D

• Rep: -108
  • Can't Leave SLAP Alone the Game Needs Me!
« Reply #50 on: May 12, 2018, 09:06:52 AM »

Damn I really like what they were trying to do with these but that logo is pretty shitty. Gotta rework that

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -484
« Reply #51 on: May 12, 2018, 10:49:55 AM »
I’m gonna assume with the hourglass logo whoever on here who said they changed the name and were in debt was talking out of their ass.
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

Buck Russell

• Rep: -318
  • Bug or gnat?
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #52 on: May 12, 2018, 10:57:58 AM »
hopefully he has a major backing it. I would love to see a bherm reebok imprint.

IHOP

« Reply #53 on: May 12, 2018, 11:24:37 AM »
I’m gonna assume with the hourglass logo whoever on here who said they changed the name and were in debt was talking out of their ass.

I didnt say they were in debt, but luciens homie told me they were gonna change the name because only ellington was hyped on it.  Could be wrong though just someone I assumed was credible

Monkey_Mcpott

« Reply #54 on: May 12, 2018, 12:42:16 PM »
Honestly speaking, is it possible to make a new shoe brand these days and make it as big as the Corp brands. Filament tried and failed and Diamond had a strong start with their marketing but I still have yet to see them in the wild. Same thing goes with straye and state. It’s obvious that Corp brands have deep pockets so how is it possible to outshine a brand like that coming in this brand new and not as big of a backing? Even if say you got a new up and coming skater that can bring notice and hype to your new company it has been proven time and time again that they will eventually be bought out. It just seems like an expensive and impossible feat.

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1060
« Reply #55 on: May 12, 2018, 12:45:56 PM »
sucks that only nike can afford to make risky designs these days. I don't like them, but I hope them the best

bawtawdreloaded

« Reply #56 on: May 12, 2018, 12:49:28 PM »
Yea I dunno about those. Might work if they thinned the hourglass out, its way 2thicc.

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1301
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #57 on: May 12, 2018, 01:34:02 PM »
Honestly, weird heel-side hourglass detail aside, they look kinda like the Vans Ultrarange Pro. I thought those looked weird as hell at first but I know people like em. Perhaps these'll feel great, too?

Is the idea Hours=Ours? If so, I can back that.
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

lampshade

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 132
« Reply #58 on: May 12, 2018, 01:34:47 PM »
Ha.  is  "luciens homie" the new, "Euro TM"?

Harem

« Reply #59 on: May 12, 2018, 01:39:01 PM »

Think you're meshing what me & IHOP said.

Being in debt does not mean they won't be able to get the product off their ground.