Author Topic: Herman’s new shoe company  (Read 43849 times)

Julz

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -6
Re: Herman’s new shoe company
« Reply #210 on: June 27, 2018, 12:56:42 AM »
Blew it by taking a chance in something he believes in, instead of being another slave to a jogging company? I respect his decision a lot more, wether it succeeds or fails.

Donkey Lips

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1002
« Reply #211 on: June 27, 2018, 06:34:00 AM »
lucien fucking blew it. got offered a sizeable contract by one of the big 3, and turned it down for this. yes he has a stake in the company, but still.

He's fine. If it doesn't work out, he'll always have options. If it does work out then he has equity in something successful.

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3316
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #212 on: June 27, 2018, 09:57:52 AM »
lucien fucking blew it. got offered a sizeable contract by one of the big 3, and turned it down for this. yes he has a stake in the company, but still.

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 673
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #213 on: December 11, 2020, 06:28:59 AM »
Jsut watched Ellington "Out There" after seeing that "worst graphics ever" thread
looked into this shoe company, the website is relaly blowing it. i should honeslty make a video it would better describe the experience, or just check it out yourself, human recreational services

there is just a picture of ali boulala and some zebra print shoe at the beginning (that is not even for sale... not that id want to buy it lol!). so then im looking around like where the hell are the shoes? so I notice there is a Login. OK, I register an account quickly, easy enough. But i still can't seem to find the store for fucks sake.

So then I see a search... really do you have that much inventory you need a search? So then just searched "Shoe". I found 4 shoes! I cant seem to find any other string that yields results. I feel like i have cracked a code or some shit

2 of them remind of Etnies on the end but $240! i dont mind the black ones really. the white id definintely not get. the other ones im not really feeling. like but idk man im a big ellington and herman fan but i dont think its for me. so i just was wondering, who IS the target market for these?  Is this the only 4  products they sell? lol am i missing something navigating this website?

Donkey Lips

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1002
« Reply #214 on: December 11, 2020, 08:41:30 AM »
so i just was wondering, who IS the target market for these?  Is this the only 4  products they sell? lol am i missing something navigating this website?

No idea where you're floating around on the dark web Rawb but shit is easy to navigate. https://humanrecreationalservices.com/shop/fall-2020-launch Click "Shop" at the top. 8 models. Target market is definitely not skateboarders and they're not even trying to pretend to be a skate company so who cares.

twic3

• Rep: 16
« Reply #215 on: December 11, 2020, 09:03:22 AM »
The target market are the people who are affected by Bidens tax plan.

Ellington seems to be in charge of Li-Ning skate program since they gave him a pro shoe and Zach Allen been skating their shoes also.

Croquet temper

• Rep: -35
« Reply #216 on: December 11, 2020, 09:14:26 AM »
Luxury goods, yo. Like Off-White or Fear Of God but for Jim Greco in a speakeasy in 1924.

kmdoom

• Rep: -18
« Reply #217 on: December 11, 2020, 09:45:20 AM »
yeah lucien really fucking blew it 😂😂

Grind King Rims

« Reply #218 on: December 11, 2020, 10:06:22 AM »
so i just was wondering, who IS the target market for these?

Short answer: culture vultures.

There's a couple of fashion brands that I actually really like that take inspiration from 90s skate fashion. The ones that I know are run by skaters.
https://www.ronebrand.com/
https://18east.co/

Something you can see especially in Rone's shoes is that they're clearly similar shape/silhouette of skate shoes, but they don't necessarily look like they'd be good for skating. They take a lot of padding out and use way more premium leather and suede. The materials tend to be much high quality, that you wouldn't waste on skate shoes since skate shoes are more disposable. Because of this, they aren't selling to skaters, they're selling to people who are into fashion. These brands actually do really well for themselves. The pieces are all hundreds of dollars and usually sell out.

So it seems like the target market are people in NY and LA who are savvy enough to know that skateboarding has had a long relationship with fashion, but don't really have any connection or understanding of it. The same people who would have bought those Golden Goose pre-distressed "skate" shoes.

But like Donkey Lips said: target market isn't skaters and they're not saying it's for skaters, so I hope it goes really well for them and they get lots of money from a bunch of chumps.

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 673
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #219 on: December 11, 2020, 10:27:31 AM »
Expand Quote
so i just was wondering, who IS the target market for these?  Is this the only 4  products they sell? lol am i missing something navigating this website?
[close]

No idea where you're floating around on the dark web Rawb but shit is easy to navigate. https://humanrecreationalservices.com/shop/fall-2020-launch Click "Shop" at the top. 8 models. Target market is definitely not skateboarders and they're not even trying to pretend to be a skate company so who cares.

Lol thanks for the clarification. Honestly don't know whats going on with my setup how I got those 4 completely different results than what came up in the link that you posted. I didnt think it was worth caring about but was interested. I guess because he was talking about how all of his fans are probably around 30-35 now and have jobs and kids adn careers etc. i was like wow... that is me. he knows his target audience age group, like pretty aware that people younger and older than that probably dont know who he is. I wonder how many people are actually that aware of something like that?

sus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 373
« Reply #220 on: December 11, 2020, 12:45:12 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

There's a couple of fashion brands that I actually really like that take inspiration from 90s skate fashion. The ones that I know are run by skaters.

Something you can see especially in Rone's shoes is that they're clearly similar shape/silhouette of skate shoes, but they don't necessarily look like they'd be good for skating. They take a lot of padding out and use way more premium leather and suede. The materials tend to be much high quality, that you wouldn't waste on skate shoes since skate shoes are more disposable. Because of this, they aren't selling to skaters, they're selling to people who are into fashion. These brands actually do really well for themselves. The pieces are all hundreds of dollars and usually sell out.

So it seems like the target market are people in NY and LA who are savvy enough to know that skateboarding has had a long relationship with fashion, but don't really have any connection or understanding of it. The same people who would have bought those Golden Goose pre-distressed "skate" shoes.

But like Donkey Lips said: target market isn't skaters and they're not saying it's for skaters, so I hope it goes really well for them and they get lots of money from a bunch of chumps.

you fuckin serious with this?

it's literally an Axion Aries slapped on a vibram outsole smh

RossDailey

• Rep: -54
« Reply #221 on: December 11, 2020, 12:56:34 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Rone was founded & is owned by old Girl pro Tony Ferguson
I wouldn't hate on this brand so much, but yeah... some of the shoes are direct copies, not just 'inspired' by.

MisterX

• Rep: 50
« Reply #222 on: December 11, 2020, 12:58:23 PM »
The
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Rone was founded & is owned by old Girl pro Tony Ferguson
I wouldn't hate on this brand so much, but yeah... some of the shoes are direct copies, not just 'inspired' by.

The Nintey is just an Airwalk Enigma

Lou Strux

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2191
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #223 on: December 11, 2020, 01:05:25 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Crazy. They didn’t even need to pay a designer. I should say, I hope they pay a designer. But if they did, good for that person for hoodwinking the high fashion heads, & I hope they got a fat stack for their fine forgery work.
The world is god damned nutty these days.
Also, who’s paying out $700 for a pair of high tops that don’t even sport a label from an established fashion/footwear house?
2020 is almost over & I feel like I’m going to make it through, but I swear, with crazy news like this, it may kill me yet.

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 263
« Reply #224 on: December 11, 2020, 02:33:44 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Well I live in area kinda like this and my local says they make a lot of their money from ex skaters who have money and healthy nostalgia.  Keep in mind how old 90s skaters are