Author Topic: Watch Pretty Sweet again  (Read 10295 times)

BacksideWallride

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -30
Re: Watch Pretty Sweet again
« Reply #30 on: May 12, 2018, 10:24:05 AM »
Expand Quote
In case nobody else knows, you can watch the video for free on Red Bull's site, just Google "watch Girl Pretty Sweet free" or some shit like that. I watch some parts of it every now and then, but I don't sit through the whole dang thing. I just watch parts of a few of the older dudes every now 'n then.
[close]

Yah, watched it randomly on Red Bull on Apple TV just hours before seeing this thread. I watched Jeron's and AO's part and then I was done. They also have Away Days, Propeller, and a few other vids.

Good looks on the other videos! I had only re-visited Pretty Sweet on there. I bet someone could re-edit that video to not be 2 hours. Vincent And Raven really shined. Biebel/Wilson was a fun part. Pissed at all the single clips, Castillo, McCrank, other legends like BA having only 3-4 clips...

blurst_of_times

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 803
    • Skateboarding Magazine Scans avatar image
« Reply #31 on: May 12, 2018, 10:34:21 AM »
I still rewatch this video but I think I skip more of it than I actually watch.
There was no wire. Clark's planet needed him.
 Note: Clark Hassler died on the way back to his home planet.

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1955
« Reply #32 on: May 12, 2018, 10:54:37 AM »
Love it or hate it, you gotta applaud Ty's bravery for the shortage of footage by the likes of McCrank and BA in favor of heavy creative risks like Jack Black taking his clothes off.

Surf-goth

• Rep: -677
« Reply #33 on: May 12, 2018, 12:32:12 PM »
The music was NOT good to great. That fuckin trunk boyz song was seriously cringy as hell and come on straight out of Compton? Are you kidding me? Vincent actually killed it on this one though. Dude and bob seger for corey's part? Fuckin bob seger shit almost made his awesome skateboarding unwatchable. Stevie also had some corny ass funk song but whatever I'll stop cause I'll never be done.
Rest in peace Dick Dale.

Allen.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 715
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #34 on: May 12, 2018, 06:05:50 PM »
The music was NOT good to great. That fuckin trunk boyz song was seriously cringy as hell and come on straight out of Compton? Are you kidding me? Vincent actually killed it on this one though. Dude and bob seger for corey's part? Fuckin bob seger shit almost made his awesome skateboarding unwatchable. Stevie also had some corny ass funk song but whatever I'll stop cause I'll never be done.

This is incorrect
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

fulltechnicalskizzy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1936
« Reply #35 on: May 12, 2018, 06:32:18 PM »
no

Get fired up

• Rep: -54
« Reply #36 on: May 12, 2018, 06:40:30 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

This is incorrect

Cory skating to Bob Seger is the best part in this video.

reptar_bar

• Rep: -7
« Reply #37 on: May 12, 2018, 06:47:47 PM »
I wasn't as harsh on it as everyone else when it first came out, but now i think im harsher then anyone on it. Fuck so many things about that video

sms_b

« Reply #38 on: May 12, 2018, 06:58:54 PM »
MJ's part is fucking incredible in this one. I forget how good it is. Such a shame the booze took him, cause fuck man, he was aging like whiskey.

Surf-goth

« Reply #39 on: May 12, 2018, 07:01:40 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

This is incorrect

No such thing when it comes to opinions.
Rest in peace Dick Dale.

SonictheHedgehog

• Rep: -14
« Reply #40 on: May 12, 2018, 07:12:32 PM »
Cory Kennedy, Alex Olson, and Marc Johnson all have A+ sections.

Cory Kennedy had a ton of hype leading up to this and he delivers IMO. He retains some of the ledge dancing/circus tricks seen in his Sasquatch part but overall trades them in for a more refined style.

Olson and Carroll are quite the combo, style for days obviously. Surprising how big Carroll goes, that handrail ollie is massive for someone his age. Olson's table attack at the end is great, seems like an appropriate "peace out!" to both Crailtap and Los Angeles. 

MJ's in particular feels nothing else like the video, it's essentially stripped down to just a "normal" video and my god what a difference it makes. Quite possibly the best part from one of the best skaters of all time.
wash uffize drive me to firenze

SonictheHedgehog

• Rep: -14
« Reply #41 on: May 12, 2018, 07:17:31 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

This is incorrect
[close]

I forgot how polarizing "Night Moves" was on here. Seger overall is pretty meh but c'mon that song is an all-time classic. Seems like the people hating it on it are the "SKATE OR DIE" types.
wash uffize drive me to firenze

colt cannon lunchbox

• Rep: -92
« Reply #42 on: May 12, 2018, 08:00:22 PM »
Mj's part shat on his fully flared one. It is his greatest part of all time IMO.

The AO section, and the C-rob, Eldridge, and Kenny sections were nice. Elijah had some good stuff too.

The rest was boring as hell. I've watched it many times and still don't remember a lot of it.

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #43 on: May 12, 2018, 09:02:16 PM »
  Looked thru that redbull link and watched pretty sweet for the 1st time. I got as far as watching Corey kenedey  part.   It seemed weird how many slow mo shots of him laughing or smiling.  -Wtf is that?  This vid helps me understand why Crail is where they're at right now.
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

Surf-goth

« Reply #44 on: May 12, 2018, 09:14:00 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

This is incorrect
[close]

[close]

I forgot how polarizing "Night Moves" was on here. Seger overall is pretty meh but c'mon that song is an all-time classic. Seems like the people hating it on it are the "SKATE OR DIE" types.

Skate or die? I don't follow. Anyway yeah just seger man , can't stand his voice and that song in general just bores me to tears. Again just my opinion.
Rest in peace Dick Dale.

Billy Bitchcakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 476
  • Q U I T E S T Y L I S H
« Reply #45 on: May 13, 2018, 10:42:11 AM »
this sums the whole video up nicely

During sex to prevent myself from ejaculating I think about Osama Bin Laden running my dick through a sewing machine.

CrappyChan

• Rep: -54
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #46 on: May 13, 2018, 01:40:40 PM »
It seemed weird how many slow mo shots of him laughing or smiling.  -Wtf is that?

When I heard what happened to stone I just started thinking about all those clips and how ironic they are now. Super sad
"From Todd Falcon to Tony Hawk, the Ben Raybourn story"

johnes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -238
« Reply #47 on: May 13, 2018, 01:46:50 PM »
I could watch Vincent’s part all day, don’t really like the songs in his part tho.
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

Coffee

• Rep: 40
« Reply #48 on: May 13, 2018, 03:41:22 PM »
I really like this video. I saw it about 6 months after it came out, was just getting back into skating after years off so I hadn’t seen any of the hype or backlash from it so I was just stoked to see a new Girl/Chocolate video as that had been my favorite company for almost 20 years at that point. I had literally never heard of any of the trunk boys so I was pleasantly surprised by all their parts. Cory has my favorite part in the video, song included. I did think the editing was weird and having zero Rick Howard is a fucking crime. I throw it in from time to time but definitely skip around a lot. I’ll probably never watch Guy’s part again. Kenny’s opening line may be the most beautiful skateboarding I have ever seen. MJ skating to Bowie was amazing and should have been the last part.

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #49 on: May 13, 2018, 04:29:19 PM »
Expand Quote
It seemed weird how many slow mo shots of him laughing or smiling.  -Wtf is that?
[close]

When I heard what happened to stone I just started thinking about all those clips and how ironic they are now. Super sad
   Yah sure fine man but what about before p stone died?   Slo mo smiling shots some with the head tilted back and the eyes closed?   that's not skating.  I'd want to look like a bad motherfucker in my part.  Imagine you go to the premiere and your part has you looking soft as fuck just cause buddy was filming you breathe and shit.  -that would drive me to drinking.                    (come on!)
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -482
« Reply #50 on: May 13, 2018, 05:24:17 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
   Yah sure fine man but what about before p stone died?   Slo mo smiling shots some with the head tilted back and the eyes closed?   that's not skating.  I'd want to look like a bad motherfucker in my part.  Imagine you go to the premiere and your part has you looking soft as fuck just cause buddy was filming you breathe and shit.  -that would drive me to drinking.                    (come on!)

Crailtaps entire existence was about taking the seriousness out of serious skating . Like yeah they all ripped but it’s cause they have fun doing it. It’s skateboarding not the nfl. Pro athletes don’t have fun doing what they do after they get out of pee wee league, they’re groomed to be good and make money doing it. Why would you want to do that for skating. That’s why revive is doing well cause at least it still looks like they’re having fun as shitty and wack as they are. When did the fact that were all just playing with a wooden toy leave skateboarding? If you set out to be the best in skating you’ve already lost. It’s the reason gx crew is so good to watch and people like Phelps suck. It’s not about being the gnarliest or best it’s about having fun doing this.
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

GardenSkater77

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1061
« Reply #51 on: May 13, 2018, 05:49:18 PM »
Best edit

Carrolls Chesthairs

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 118
« Reply #52 on: May 13, 2018, 06:39:31 PM »
Best edit

The drehobl spinning got me.

Tommy G

• Rep: -12
« Reply #53 on: May 13, 2018, 06:49:09 PM »
Alvarez's part was never really a big hit for me. His skateboarding is great and makes me want to go out and haul ass down the street, but Straight Outta Compton and the Trunk Boyz song was off-putting. CK's part was great and I think it captured his personality pretty well, though at first it took me a little while to get used to it. Raven's part was definitely solid and I can tell Ty was bringing forth more King Diamond from Fully flared. Elijah's part is definitely one of my favorites with his style of skating matching the Bad Brains and Suicidal Tendencies. I'm still kinda sad MikeMo didn't have more footage because I feel like if he would have had more, there would've been a better song, but his part was solid. Biebel and Wilson had a pretty fun part and I liked seeing their own style and spot selection. Stevie's part was solid, though the song never hit for me. Kenny's shared part was solid as always (though the whole Chocolate section repeated from Yeah Right kinda made me weary). Gino with the smooth kickflip 5-0 stall was really nice. Alex's shared section was one of my absolute favorites and it's kinda funny how he ended up going to New York after they put a New York band in his part. Marc's part was my favorite because of how graceful his skating is and the David Bowie only added to the effect. Solid, solid editing that didn't need any bullshit slow-mo to go with the beat. I don't think Guy's part should've been last, though. (Of course I can't do a switch treflip nosegrind, but...) His ender was a little underwhelming compared to all the other stuff he did, and the song felt really uninspired.

brucewillis

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 33
  • Die Hard. www.casualskateshop.com.br
« Reply #54 on: May 13, 2018, 07:43:58 PM »
I really like Elijah's part, good song awesome skating. Cory part is insane. And the song used on Guy's part is worst than Ty filming, okay maybe not haha

brucewillis

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 33
  • Die Hard. www.casualskateshop.com.br
« Reply #55 on: May 13, 2018, 07:54:16 PM »
Alvarez's part was never really a big hit for me. His skateboarding is great and makes me want to go out and haul ass down the street, but Straight Outta Compton and the Trunk Boyz song was off-putting. CK's part was great and I think it captured his personality pretty well, though at first it took me a little while to get used to it. Raven's part was definitely solid and I can tell Ty was bringing forth more King Diamond from Fully flared. Elijah's part is definitely one of my favorites with his style of skating matching the Bad Brains and Suicidal Tendencies. I'm still kinda sad MikeMo didn't have more footage because I feel like if he would have had more, there would've been a better song, but his part was solid. Biebel and Wilson had a pretty fun part and I liked seeing their own style and spot selection. Stevie's part was solid, though the song never hit for me. Kenny's shared part was solid as always (though the whole Chocolate section repeated from Yeah Right kinda made me weary). Gino with the smooth kickflip 5-0 stall was really nice. Alex's shared section was one of my absolute favorites and it's kinda funny how he ended up going to New York after they put a New York band in his part. Marc's part was my favorite because of how graceful his skating is and the David Bowie only added to the effect. Solid, solid editing that didn't need any bullshit slow-mo to go with the beat. I don't think Guy's part should've been last, though. (Of course I can't do a switch treflip nosegrind, but...) His ender was a little underwhelming compared to all the other stuff he did, and the song felt really uninspired.
Great review man, well played

iwishilivedinfinla

« Reply #56 on: May 13, 2018, 08:15:43 PM »
fucking video sucks ass

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -482
« Reply #57 on: May 13, 2018, 08:31:57 PM »
I have nothing good to say about this video still. Except Cory’s part and Alex Olson. The rest needed more footage and the trunk boyz shouldn’t be on crailtap anyway.
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2192
« Reply #58 on: May 13, 2018, 09:30:30 PM »
fucking video sucks ass
True and funny

I've only bought about four videos off itunes ever: Pretty Sweet, The Deathwish Video,5 incher,and Cherry. PS has been watched the least,and it's usually right at the Olson/MC section or Elijah's(because that's typically all I'll want to watch). I can't sit through it all the way through, because I feel too old watching it...as if my 33 year old ass is way beyond the target demographic. Come to think of it,I skip around all of these videos just to the parts I like, and feel guilty for not having the free time to sit on my ass and watch what dudes did killing themselves for 3-5 years.

Damn I left my bubbler at my parents house

natenola forever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 118
« Reply #59 on: May 13, 2018, 10:18:20 PM »
I watched again recently and was hyped in Marc Johnsons part where he does the back nose blunt Nollie heel , they did a super terrible job of digitally removing the follow filmer, it's so poorly done idk how I never saw it before.