Author Topic: Watch Pretty Sweet again  (Read 10290 times)

givecigstosurfgroms

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
Re: Watch Pretty Sweet again
« Reply #60 on: May 14, 2018, 08:00:01 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
It seemed weird how many slow mo shots of him laughing or smiling.  -Wtf is that?
[close]

When I heard what happened to stone I just started thinking about all those clips and how ironic they are now. Super sad
[close]
   Yah sure fine man but what about before p stone died?   Slo mo smiling shots some with the head tilted back and the eyes closed?   that's not skating.  I'd want to look like a bad motherfucker in my part.  Imagine you go to the premiere and your part has you looking soft as fuck just cause buddy was filming you breathe and shit.  -that would drive me to drinking.                    (come on!)
[close]

Crailtaps entire existence was about taking the seriousness out of serious skating . Like yeah they all ripped but it’s cause they have fun doing it. It’s skateboarding not the nfl. Pro athletes don’t have fun doing what they do after they get out of pee wee league, they’re groomed to be good and make money doing it. Why would you want to do that for skating. That’s why revive is doing well cause at least it still looks like they’re having fun as shitty and wack as they are. When did the fact that were all just playing with a wooden toy leave skateboarding? If you set out to be the best in skating you’ve already lost. It’s the reason gx crew is so good to watch and people like Phelps suck. It’s not about being the gnarliest or best it’s about having fun doing this.
  Crail has had the same brand of offensively jocky\dorky\fun-movement 'humor' for 15 years now.  You don't have to explain it.  Its fucking gross.   Forced 'feel good'.   A real feel good vibe to me was 7 year itch by new deal, there's other examples.
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

coyote2425

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 128
« Reply #61 on: May 14, 2018, 08:31:52 AM »
MJ's, CK1's parts are the only standouts for me. It's just so fucking long/overstuffed.

I didn't totally hate all the HD/slo-mo stuff -- I think it works in some places, sparingly. I can definitely get the overall disdain for the video, though.

It was a fun one to watch in a premiere setting in a movie theater, but tough for repeat viewing.

Trust me. I bought the Bluray.

Dead Man

• Rep: -5
« Reply #62 on: May 14, 2018, 08:56:08 AM »
Pretty Sweet a Nazi?!

doublesteveburger

« Reply #63 on: May 14, 2018, 11:03:49 AM »
"7 year itch"

fang

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 195
« Reply #64 on: May 14, 2018, 11:09:03 AM »
As a huge fan of Mariano, I want to like his part but the slow mo and zoomed in shots are hard to watch. Plus, as dumb as it is, dude's style looked better in baggy gear and not that haircut.

LOU.502

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 82
  • rawr
« Reply #65 on: May 14, 2018, 03:01:14 PM »
I forgot how heavy Mike Mo’s part was. The whimsy levels are nowhere near his part in FF, but Mo got down. Unfortunately Money Grabber is now stuck in my head

im probably lying

left knee cap

• Rep: 118
  • $$$$
« Reply #66 on: May 20, 2018, 10:04:43 PM »
Rewatched because of this thread.

Music is hit and miss, that Trunkboyz song is the most horrendous shit I've heard, coming from someone who listens to punk. Malto's song is also a big offender that almost makes his part unwatachable.

CK1, Olson/BA/Carroll, Mike Mo Jeron, KA/Chocolate section and MJ are my favourites from this video. Caroll's smith grind on that balcony rail in China is insane.

Video is long, and compared to other Crailtap videos, this one has less replay value out of the rest. FF was longer but I can still sit through that video than this.

I guess no one can fuck with Legends song at the end cause of the Jason Jesse shoutout.

Zurg

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #67 on: May 21, 2018, 02:38:22 AM »
^funny that it was him and duffel in that clip