Author Topic: Gear that you tried and didn’t like  (Read 23614 times)

sk84s8n

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -53
Re: Gear that you tried and didn’t like
« Reply #210 on: May 14, 2018, 01:29:23 PM »
My buddy gave me a couple sets of Rictas that keep flat spotting.  Glad I didn't pay for em.  I'll stick to good ol' bones SPFs.

Lloyd Braun

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 80
Re: Gear that you tried and didn’t like
« Reply #211 on: May 14, 2018, 07:16:52 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Spitfire wheels, I've flatspotted every set even F4s. FP insoles, I've tried regular kingfoam and the game changer orthotics my feet hurt after less than 2 hours and all I skate are ledges under 14in. Super disappointed after all the hype.
[close]

That might come down to the shoes you're wearing then. I was having the same issue, went to the doc and my dumbass found out that I got wide feet. Doc noticed my shoes and pointed out all the issues with them. Switched my shoes to something with a wider toebox and was solid and could really feel the insoles providing more support on my feet. It actually feels like I'm not getting enough support in my non skate shoes now. 

Make sure you're buying the right size and pay attention to materials. Just because something is snug means that it's good. And depending on the material, the thought that "Oh, it'll stretch/break-in..." might not apply.
[close]

Same thing happened to me, wearing narrow ass cons with fp felt good for a while but switching over to emerica laced, which seem like an inch wider just from looking down, really solved my foot issues

I don't think the shoes were the issue, with the first pair maybe, I had them I. Vans slip on pros and Gilbert 2s then I broke my leg and swore off vans. Now I had them in New Balance 868s and they were better but still got a lot of pain. The pain I had wasn't from tight shoes, it was lack of support/protection. I have shin splints caused by bad arch support and the FP orthotics  didn't help at all. Bought a pair of orthodics from a medical store and they are amazing still not 100% pain free but getting there. From what everyone says about FP your supposed to be able to huck huge shit with them, I was dying skating my local DIY (all ledges under 15in or so)