Author Topic: Sheffey Pro for Plan B  (Read 8939 times)

Hypnotoad

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 158
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Sheffey Pro for Plan B
« Reply #30 on: May 13, 2018, 10:34:02 PM »
Sheff follows me on Instagram and I’m very proud.

REGS

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 109
« Reply #31 on: May 13, 2018, 11:23:45 PM »
Expand Quote
Beautifuliest Frist Ladys RIP por vita
[close]

Fucking died at Shiloh going off in the comments then adding "That bitch was not beautiful!"

Also Sluggo chiming in with "your both right", despite the two of them presenting unquestionably conflicting views on the matter

Flabby cold demeanor

• Rep: -16
« Reply #32 on: May 14, 2018, 12:16:07 AM »
Damn that Manolo vid was sick
I never realised that switch 360 flip switch kf line from mouse was switch!

tobal

• Rep: -11
« Reply #33 on: May 14, 2018, 03:35:07 AM »
What’s with Plan B becoming the right wing arm of the skateboarding industry.  Is that why they are so against good art?

tobal

• Rep: -11
« Reply #34 on: May 14, 2018, 03:36:24 AM »
Expand Quote
Beautifuliest Frist Ladys RIP por vita
[close]

Fucking died at Shiloh going off in the comments then adding "That bitch was not beautiful!"

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #35 on: May 14, 2018, 04:06:26 AM »
What’s with Plan B becoming the right wing arm of the skateboarding industry.  Is that why they are so against good art?
Plan B even when they were at their peak never had great graphics. I mean, the art when they were under World, was good, but I still think it lagged behind 101, Blind and World.

As for Sheffy, this makes a lot more sense than him being on Blind. Although I can't see him moving many boards, pretty much anyone who is down to support Sheffy, one would probably not want to buy a Plan B board and two would probably be more likely to support Crailtap.

lampshade

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 132
« Reply #36 on: May 14, 2018, 05:01:39 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Plan B even when they were at their peak never had great graphics. I mean, the art when they were under World, was good, but I still think it lagged behind 101, Blind and World.

As for Sheffy, this makes a lot more sense than him being on Blind. Although I can't see him moving many boards, pretty much anyone who is down to support Sheffy, one would probably not want to buy a Plan B board and two would probably be more likely to support Crailtap.

Star Wars and Bloom County series were sick.  But I agree they got the least of the art love of the World brands at the time. 

Beeda Weeda

« Reply #37 on: May 14, 2018, 05:03:46 AM »

lampshade

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #38 on: May 14, 2018, 05:06:42 AM »

Shef's a dude who should get paid.  I can't imagine he's making a living off skating.  He might be really popular in San Diego or something.  Plan B can't be giving him more that a few hundred a month and hopefully royalties. 

Burt Ward

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 518
« Reply #39 on: May 14, 2018, 05:27:38 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

If you can't even spell SHEFFEY'S name right, your opinion is invalid.
Now, we used to say we put on our tights to put on the world. So I don't think it tarnishes the image at all.

Burt Ward

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 518
« Reply #40 on: May 14, 2018, 05:32:54 AM »
Not that I disagree.
Now, we used to say we put on our tights to put on the world. So I don't think it tarnishes the image at all.

cosmicgypsies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 626
« Reply #41 on: May 14, 2018, 05:39:41 AM »

hahahahahahah

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #42 on: May 14, 2018, 12:47:47 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

PlanB OG reissues might do well.

fang

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 195
« Reply #43 on: May 14, 2018, 01:13:14 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
PlanB OG reissues might do well.

Would buy all OG reissues through 1993!

Jehoshaphat Augustus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 298
« Reply #44 on: May 14, 2018, 01:16:14 PM »
anybody dissing sheffey is dissing themselves. sean ain't perfect but he is excellent.

He not only follows me but avidly leaves supportive (albeit not skate-related) comments. Its funny to see the hotwife accounts that he follows and likes. I didn't see he fucks with Trump and I will be unfollowing/blocking him later today. That shouldn't suggest that I don't love reading about him running into people during contests yet he threw his board at them. Skateboarding needs more sheffeys and less little leaguers. That being said, who is gonna buy that board, let alone any Plan B product?   

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #45 on: May 14, 2018, 01:48:43 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Star Wars and Bloom County series were sick.  But I agree they got the least of the art love of the World brands at the time.
They have iconic boards, especially the Star Wars series (which I doubt they could ever re-issue without running into copyright issues). Although, I don't think they stick out as much as the other brands like the Satan Board, Gabrial's Jesus board, Koston's Hockey Fight, McNatt's Charlie and the Peanut Gangs board, the Fucked Up Blind Kids, Henry's Terminator, Guy's Accidental Gun Death, Jovantae's World boards, etc.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2018, 01:51:59 PM by DannyDee »

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #46 on: May 14, 2018, 01:54:06 PM »
sean sheffey is straight up nuts and it's been pretty well documented by him on his IG usage throughout his entire career
Fixed that for ya. Sheffey was always well known for being nuts. My last skate related memory of him was when he was running around The Slam City Jam drunk as shit in a blue wig acting erratic as fuck, and also switch flipping into this big old sketchy bank. There used to be a stand by question: "Would you rather jump the leap of faith or fight Sheffey?"
And then there was the Fabry thing...

And I'm pretty sure Sheffey fell off because he was partying too hard and not skating enough, then got into some sort of conflict with the Girl dudes. His last part for them was in the Chocolate tour, was all switch, had his sick sketchy but powerful style, and was fucking gnarly.
Obviously, I'm backing Sheffey to the end even if he supports trash politicians.
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #47 on: May 14, 2018, 02:02:10 PM »
Expand Quote
sean sheffey is straight up nuts and it's been pretty well documented by him on his IG usage throughout his entire career
[close]
Fixed that for ya. Sheffey was always well known for being nuts. My last skate related memory of him was when he was running around The Slam City Jam drunk as shit in a blue wig acting erratic as fuck, and also switch flipping into this big old sketchy bank. There used to be a stand by question: "Would you rather jump the leap of faith or fight Sheffey?"

And I'm pretty sure Sheffey fell off because he was partying too hard and not skating enough, then got into some sort of conflict with the Girl dudes. His last part for them was in the Chocolate tour, was all switch, had his sick sketchy but powerful style, and was fucking gnarly.
Obviously, I'm backing Sheffey to the end even if he supports trash politicians.
I read the end for him at Crail was after hanging some ams/flow kids out of hotel room windows by their ankles. Nobody wanted to room with him and he was heavy into meth. Would like to know who handled the "you're of the team" conversation.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #48 on: May 14, 2018, 02:08:33 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
I read the end for him at Crail was after hanging some ams/flow kids out of hotel room windows by their ankles. Nobody wanted to room with him and he was heavy into meth. Would like to know who handled the "you're of the team" conversation.
Yeah, I don't know all the details, but drugs and generally being insane were part of it. He may not have done that stuff, but stories like that about Sheffey being nuts have been going around forever, to the point where "he's a Bush supporter!" doesn't really phase me at all. In fact, Sean Sheffey vs. Shiloh Greathouse political debate sounds like pure comedy to me. I don't think anybody considers either of them when they walk into a voting booth.
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

Shitbag

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 161
  • A mystery wrapped inside a Twinkie
« Reply #49 on: May 14, 2018, 02:40:27 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
Please share this reading material, if Sheffey hung dudes off of hotel balconies a la Suge Knight I have to know the full breakdown of this.

lampshade

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #50 on: May 14, 2018, 02:47:07 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I think the quote is from Koston's Epicly Later'd where he was talking about Sheffy sleeping under the dining room table at his and Gavin's apartment.  Koston said Sean slept there because he felt safe, but, "Nobody else did."

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3317
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #51 on: May 14, 2018, 02:53:33 PM »
I found the Sheffey am hanging footage in question:

fang

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #52 on: May 14, 2018, 05:39:46 PM »
I'm backing Sheffey to the end

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 264
« Reply #53 on: May 14, 2018, 07:34:10 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]
Please share this reading material, if Sheffey hung dudes off of hotel balconies a la Suge Knight I have to know the full breakdown of this.

So that’s how they got kids to buy into the 360 deal

deathturd

• Rep: 88
« Reply #54 on: May 14, 2018, 07:52:04 PM »
I hope some kids know about the Life video, but I know that there are maybe 5 kids that are aware of Sheffey's history and would also like this graphic. So who is the market? What grown man would see this graphic and think: "cool!"?

boogs

« Reply #55 on: May 14, 2018, 08:37:49 PM »
i hope he still skating cause them boards ain't gonna sell themselves.
not with those graphics

commander jameson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 72
« Reply #56 on: May 14, 2018, 10:21:32 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

It was Ryan Smith and it happened during Slam City Jam.
It was discussed in interview with Ryan or with someone that was there (it is possible that it was one of those free lunches interviews, don't really remember).

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #57 on: May 15, 2018, 04:33:09 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

It was Ryan Smith and it happened during Slam City Jam.
It was discussed in interview with Ryan or with someone that was there (it is possible that it was one of those free lunches interviews, don't really remember).
This interview needs to be found, that's absolutely insane. I've heard the story he hung someone out a window, didn't know it was Ryan Smith.

fang

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #58 on: May 15, 2018, 06:09:43 AM »
I've  always wanted to hear how it went down when they told him he was of Girl / having a board. 

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #59 on: May 15, 2018, 06:31:58 AM »
I've  always wanted to hear how it went down when they told him he was of Girl / having a board.
They probably told him when he was in jail. Probably the easiest time to do it.