Author Topic: evidence for mike v's racism  (Read 11096 times)

shark tits

evidence for mike v's racism
« on: May 14, 2018, 02:58:01 AM »
if chief and adrian lopez's necks are on the guillotine block, it's only fair that more than 4 ocks gang up and hold mike v's head next to them.
as evidence i site
he's been known to rock a shaved head. even though he can grow hair.
he's never really been on minority heavy teams.
sXe and vegan are the stomping grounds of white power suburb brawlers
he's got lightning bolts on his arms. [hitler famously harnessed lightning to zap jews via the 'ben franklin method'. so lightning = racist].
not skating switch is turning up your nose at 50% of the population.
just pushing while minorities have to do all the tricks for lower wages is the ultimate white privilege.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6mc76RlPxw

Crazyfox

Re: evidence for mike v's racism
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2018, 03:53:25 AM »
He was on Powell with jamal Williams, Gershon Mosley, mike santarosa, and Danny wainwright.

smokecrack

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -160
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2018, 03:55:27 AM »
There are multiple threads highlighting racism within skateboarding. Some of you decide to make new threads making light of this (Adrian Lopez/Mystery, Mike V., etc.)

This is pretty much white privilege in a nutshell. Many of us are upset/hurt by skateboarding's obvious signs of racism, yet you idiots think it's a good idea to make a joke out of all this. Why? Because you can't comprehend why this would be such a big deal in the first place.

Shark Tits, you've spoken out a few times on the topic of white people using the n-word. You obviously don't get it.

White people: shut the fuck up about issues of race, listen, and try to gain something from the perspective of someone of color. I'm so sick and tired of you guys trying to whitewash every little thing that inconveniences your lives.

D.O.T. DIY

• Rep: -45
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2018, 04:13:29 AM »
I doubt Mike V is racist. Met him at a black flag show, watched him talk with a few black dudes and shake their hands. These this guy is racist threads are getting fucking old quick.

behavioralguide

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 764
  • dog stuff
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2018, 04:14:21 AM »
I doubt Mike V is racist. Met him at a black flag show, watched him talk with a few black dudes and shake their hands. These this guy is racist threads are getting fucking old quick.

I think this thread was ment as a joke/jab

thomas kook

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2018, 04:20:34 AM »
ahhh yes the grand old white 'i don't understand this so i will make jokes about it' effect. i don't like seeing threads pop up about skaters being racist in the 90s but i sure as hell fucking hate this trend of desperately having to make every legit argument into a fucking joke.

besides that, everything smokecrack said

Mouth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -297
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2018, 04:20:55 AM »
#himtoo
'No Mouth, you have a negative rep because you are a fan of growing your wealth off of the backs of low paid workers and brag about having bodyguards. You literally kook people for doing charity in South East Asia. Don't deny it.'

thomas kook

« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2018, 04:23:09 AM »
it's just the fucking worst when people are having a good discussion trying to debate whether so and so should be held accountable today for the dumb shit they pulled in the past and what not, and then some dumb shit rolls around and goes DUHHH BUT MIKE V HAD A BALD HEAD SO WHAT ABOUT HIM UHUHGUH

shark tits

« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2018, 04:29:15 AM »
it's just the fucking worst when people are having a good discussion trying to debate whether so and so should be held accountable today for the dumb shit they pulled in the past and what not, and then some dumb shit rolls around and goes DUHHH BUT MIKE V HAD A BALD HEAD SO WHAT ABOUT HIM UHUHGUH
i didn't derail that thread i made my own. if you don't like, there's the door.
to mr crack, you're entitled to your opinion but being black or offended doesn't make you right and anyone else wrong. it's your opinion.
sorry you didn't like my joke.

smokecrack

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -160
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2018, 04:43:29 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
to mr crack, you're entitled to your opinion but being black or offended doesn't make you right and anyone else wrong. it's your opinion.

Dude, you're not a white man making this joke? You're not the same white man who has argued that white people should be allowed to use the n-word?

I'm tired of this thinly-veiled racist garbage. When pressed, you show your true colors.

cosmicgypsies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 626
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2018, 04:48:28 AM »

I SEE YOU RODNEY

lampshade

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 132
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2018, 04:59:15 AM »
People need to get over this shit.

- Racism is terrible
- Every race has some super cool people and some total assholes.  Most people fall in the middle.
- Every person you meet should be evaluated on their personal merit. 

shark tits

« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2018, 05:03:58 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Dude, you're not a white man making this joke? You're not the same white man who has argued that white people should be allowed to use the n-word?

I'm tired of this thinly-veiled racist garbage. When pressed, you show your true colors.
thinly veiled, nothing.
i think you should have enough self esteem to not get offended if white kids who like rap use nigga affectionately.
poor whites aren't privileged. they got drafted to die freeing the slaves. no offense but if they had a choice they'd have stayed their happy asses up north.
we're in the same boat.
more whites are pro black than racist. that's why things get better every yr.
we're all first world crybabies.
sorry if going in on mike v detracted from all the serious equality work ya'll were doing repeating 'jj is a nazi'.
our histories aren't that different but to paraphrase lbj 'if you convince the highest black person that a low white man has privilege over him, he'll hold a grudge forever and never see himself as equal'.
divide and conquer.

Burt Ward

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 499
« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2018, 05:28:35 AM »
Clearly not racist. Rode for BLACK label.
Now, we used to say we put on our tights to put on the world. So I don't think it tarnishes the image at all.

fang

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 195
« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2018, 05:49:21 AM »

I SEE YOU RODNEY

Oh shiiiii ..... say it ain't so

ChuckRamone

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 523
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2018, 07:03:53 AM »
I get what you mean about poor whites not having economic privilege and historically the germanic tribes have pushed the celts around but culturally and socially speaking a rich poc will still have certain disadvantages, labels and stigmas attached to their wealth. a rich chinese guy will be seen as dorky and unattractive no matter what. a rich black or hispanic person will be seen as a new money upstart with questionable wealth. a poor white person still has the potential to be seen as cool, tough, creative or salt of the earth and very human in that special blue collar way that americans love. working class poc generally don’t have those associations. I know of an asian girl working retail who quit her job recently because she kept getting harassed by this old white guy customer who would ask her if she would come be his maid. and you know there was an economic and sexual element to that. poor blacks and hispanics are seen as thugs or lazy or just not creative enough. these are generalizations and there are exceptions but I think you catch my drift.

Omars_Dad

• Rep: 61
« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2018, 07:05:25 AM »
The lightning bolts have something to do with Elvis Presley's back up band if I remember correctly

Schneaumunn

• Rep: 19
  • Stop needlin’ me you prick!
« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2018, 07:05:48 AM »
There are multiple threads highlighting racism within skateboarding. Some of you decide to make new threads making light of this (Adrian Lopez/Mystery, Mike V., etc.)

This is pretty much white privilege in a nutshell. Many of us are upset/hurt by skateboarding's obvious signs of racism, yet you idiots think it's a good idea to make a joke out of all this. Why? Because you can't comprehend why this would be such a big deal in the first place.

Shark Tits, you've spoken out a few times on the topic of white people using the n-word. You obviously don't get it.

White people: shut the fuck up about issues of race, listen, and try to gain something from the perspective of someone of color. I'm so sick and tired of you guys trying to whitewash every little thing that inconveniences your lives.
“You guys”
i’ll bring it up at the meeting
The look and feel of hand tooled leather

Monkey_Mcpott

« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2018, 07:06:38 AM »
Idk about racism, but he did steal Ed Templeton's checks when he rode for TV. Since then I've been on team Fuck Mike V.

BMCsteve

• Rep: 54
« Last Edit: May 14, 2018, 07:19:58 AM by BMCsteve »

HyenaChaser

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 219
« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2018, 09:10:53 AM »
The issue here is that making light of racism, even in something as inconsequential as a Slap thread, is still a dangerous thing to do. It undermines the gravity of racism and starts to normalize it: "this isn't so bad, look we can still have a few laughs about it!" Which, if you experience(d) racism, can be extremely frustrating to say the least and it undermines progress. In a broad sense it's the same thing as JJ using Nazi ephemera. Whether or not he's serious about it and/or it was when he was younger, they are still symbols of hate. And to put it a certain way, not everyone's going to get the joke.
You know I thought these forums were a for skating not discussing fetishes

shark tits

« Reply #21 on: May 14, 2018, 09:19:39 AM »
The issue here is that making light of racism, even in something as inconsequential as a Slap thread, is still a dangerous thing to do. It undermines the gravity of racism and starts to normalize it: "this isn't so bad, look we can still have a few laughs about it!" Which, if you experience(d) racism, can be extremely frustrating to say the least and it undermines progress. In a broad sense it's the same thing as JJ using Nazi ephemera. Whether or not he's serious about it and/or it was when he was younger, they are still symbols of hate. And to put it a certain way, not everyone's going to get the joke.
i disagree. if you can't joke about something it has power over you.
some people are too shtoops to get jokes but it isn't incumbent on the comedian to dumb it down.
it's also more joking on fragility and those seeing racism everywhere, not poking fun of a kid murdered by police or whatever. pick your battles cause if you think i'm halfway to burning crosses, the world must be a scary place.

Lame_Nigga

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2
  • Just a lame nigga who can't kickflip
« Reply #22 on: May 14, 2018, 09:25:14 AM »
That's such a white thing to say.

I've been on slap for 9ish years at this point and the amount of stupidty when it comes to race is so disappointing. For a culture that boasts how skating brings all walks of life together, the loudest voices seem to be edgelord white boys.

Hmmmm Nice Bike

« Reply #23 on: May 14, 2018, 09:26:57 AM »
Mike V in the Black Label video has to be one of the most underwhelming parts of all time.

shark tits

« Reply #24 on: May 14, 2018, 09:29:48 AM »
That's such a white thing to say.

I've been on slap for 9ish years at this point and the amount of stupidty when it comes to race is so disappointing. For a culture that boasts how skating brings all walks of life together, the loudest voices seem to be edgelord white boys.
not to stereotype or anything  :)

Buck Russell

• Rep: -318
  • Bug or gnat?
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #25 on: May 14, 2018, 09:32:13 AM »
Expand Quote

I SEE YOU RODNEY
[close]

Oh shiiiii ..... say it ain't so

wow now i REALLY wonder what he whispered in antwuan's ear.

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #26 on: May 14, 2018, 09:38:35 AM »
While this awful thread was started as a way to make light of racism and holding people accountable, Mike Vallely DID, in fact, say some shady racist shit in his old Big Brother interview that, realistically, deserves an explanation and an apology.

Rick Kosick said you're a racist. Is that true?
You said I'm a racist, Kosick? Why would you say that? Did I say something about jigaboos or something?
Something when we were crossing the San Pedro bridge. You said, "tell that n*gger I want a receipt."
You say some pretty crazy shit too, Kosick. Um, I wouldn't say I'm a racist, but I would say that I'm very aware that I have certain prejudices.
Have you ever used the phrase, "n*gger work," to describe mundane jobs?
I probably have, yeah. I don't want this to turn into, "Mike Vallely is a racist," or "Mike Vallely hates black people," because I don't. Like I said, I'm aware of certain prejudices I've inherited. I'm no different than anyone else.

Source: http://www.snakewilliams.com/images/extras/bigbrother14.pdf
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

left knee cap

• Rep: 118
  • $$$$
« Reply #27 on: May 14, 2018, 09:40:47 AM »

eshins

• Rep: -4
« Reply #28 on: May 14, 2018, 09:46:17 AM »
ITT: The triggered become even more triggered