Author Topic: Colin Mckay of Dc?  (Read 7804 times)

DannyDee

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
Re: Colin Mckay of Dc?
« Reply #60 on: March 30, 2021, 02:35:47 PM »
I started skating in 2000 and I'm not sure if Colin has put out a part or any real memorable footage since then. Did he have any footage in the DC Video? Even in the Red Dragon vid it was just retrospective footage
He had footage in the DC video, but he was injured during filming and lost his Visa because he didn't compete due to that. I know it just slightly beats 2000 (but in 2000 were still watching mostly 1999 videos) he had about a minute of footage in Chocolate Tour.

friendly dave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 720
  • grinding to a halt
    • grindingtoahalt avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #61 on: March 30, 2021, 02:41:24 PM »
That footage was like 8 or 9 years old.
Because you can't kill and idea, and we will not be ruled!

the visuals are also mad visual yo
FTW

Cuban_Lynx

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1421
  • I got the internet goin' nuts
« Reply #62 on: March 30, 2021, 03:07:22 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Why does it feel like Nike is sending more free pairs of dunks to people than they are selling shops?
[close]

imagne the lost souls that are actually paying 1000 dollars on resale for some ben and jerry dunks
[close]

i'm imagining Chris Paul and how his soul was lost in the desert but he copped a pair of chunky dunkys and subsequently rallied the Suns to 2nd place in the western conference
[close]

There will be no Chris Paul slander on Slap. Suns are killing it this year, CP3 for MVP!!!
[close]

sorry that post didn't even make sense. I just was trying to make a weird post about how Chris Paul is a major sneaker head. he's the one buying the Ben and Jerry dunks for $1000. a lot of those shoes get bought by pro athletes . one of the designers of the shoes just back doors all his flow pairs to NBA guys. he makes more money of the pairs he sells than nike pays him to do the designs
[close]

Some NBA guys are definitely buying sneakers. Chris Paul has one of the best Jordan contracts out of any Pro. He's getting whatever he wants without paying.
[close]
My wife’s friend’s husband is Zaza Pachulia (all Georgians) When he played for the Bucks, we’d meet up with them monthly. He told me his Nike contract included 5K per month Nike Elite credit, which included early access to all the SNKRS stuff.

Kicking myself now, but I always turned down his offers for free shoes. Too much pride, I guess.
[close]
Especially with the limited dunks/apperal now becoming mainstream fashion and the large social media presence NBA athletes possess, they absolutely want them wearing/sharing shoes they wouldn't wear on the court. Adidas' big rise in market share over the past 5 years or so is attributed more to the Adidas original line/Yeezy's than anything Athletes wear for the performance.
Yeah, this was back in 2014 when you could still find Dunks at half-off. I don't even think stuff like StockX existed.

I'd forgotten about this, but I live right by the United Center, and Derrick Rose's brother used to live downstairs. Our condo association was always complaining about the mail room being filled to the brim with Adidas boxes. Needless to say, I don't think big name athletes are buying sneakers at re-sale prices. It's probably more trust-fund babies or idiots who go into debt to shine.

KBizzle

• Rep: -18
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #63 on: March 30, 2021, 03:33:26 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Why does it feel like Nike is sending more free pairs of dunks to people than they are selling shops?
[close]

imagne the lost souls that are actually paying 1000 dollars on resale for some ben and jerry dunks
[close]

i'm imagining Chris Paul and how his soul was lost in the desert but he copped a pair of chunky dunkys and subsequently rallied the Suns to 2nd place in the western conference
[close]

There will be no Chris Paul slander on Slap. Suns are killing it this year, CP3 for MVP!!!
[close]

sorry that post didn't even make sense. I just was trying to make a weird post about how Chris Paul is a major sneaker head. he's the one buying the Ben and Jerry dunks for $1000. a lot of those shoes get bought by pro athletes . one of the designers of the shoes just back doors all his flow pairs to NBA guys. he makes more money of the pairs he sells than nike pays him to do the designs
[close]

Some NBA guys are definitely buying sneakers. Chris Paul has one of the best Jordan contracts out of any Pro. He's getting whatever he wants without paying.
[close]
My wife’s friend’s husband is Zaza Pachulia (all Georgians). When he played for the Bucks, we’d meet up with them monthly. He told me his Nike contract included 5K per month Nike Elite credit, which included early access to all the SNKRS stuff.

Kicking myself now, but I always turned down his offers for free shoes. Too much pride, I guess. Almost certain bigger name guys like Chris Paul get whatever they want.

I know a good amount of NBA players and you're right. Guys definitely do get the Nike Elite credit type contracts. Bigger names obviously are getting millions on top of whatever they want. Nike definitely wants them wearing the latest hyped sneaker off court/ pre game.

snowballz

• Rep: -12
« Reply #64 on: April 13, 2021, 04:26:09 PM »
He's off the team page

https://dcshoes.com/skate/team/