Author Topic: Skateboarding's Hypocrisy  (Read 7425 times)

SodaJerk

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
Re: Skateboarding's Hypocrisy
« Reply #30 on: May 29, 2018, 12:05:30 PM »
Y'all claiming spitfire makes a superior product are trippin'. F4's are cool, but original spitfires flatspotted like they were made out of pencil erasers and were garbage compared to most other wheels on the market.

Flameboy and the devil got some credit when they first started, but when world became focused more on them than their riders those cartoons got associated with the new kid-focused, trash team world industries which is when a team that many loved and admired for years for its edginess and amazing team became a joke. Flameboy wasn't necessarily lame, it was the shift in world's focus that he is associated with that most people hate.
I specifically stated F4's are the best. Original Spitfire urathane is dog shit.

The first iteration of the devil was cool. One of my friends sold his soul to him for free World product. I was too poosey.

redcurb12

• Rep: 29
« Reply #31 on: May 29, 2018, 12:15:29 PM »
both logos rule. flameboy for hella feelings of nostalgia and a lot of our first boards
Let me preface this post with the fact that I am slightly inebriated, very uneducated and I havent read any papers or done any research at all, or read your post really.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1578
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #32 on: May 29, 2018, 02:15:14 PM »
It just takes one rapper.....

Matthew_James

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -191
« Reply #33 on: May 29, 2018, 04:03:32 PM »
It's times like these that make me appreciate the fact that I'm sitting on about 5 sets of Prize Fighters, now those are actually good wheels...
At least when you're a washed-out hipster douchebag in NY, you can milk it at some decent looking, hard to skate spots. In LA you're just a tan-lined faggot in a school yard somewhere.

Zurg

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
« Reply #34 on: May 30, 2018, 03:16:57 AM »
the spitfire logo is pretty corny. flameboy is almost cooler at this point. i cant find any evidence, but i swear there was a mall store(possibly only in canada) that sold sweaters and tshirts with a knock off of the spitfire guy on them and they managed to make it look even worse somehow. i wanna say it was called Snake Eyez and they made JNCO like pants, but i cant find anything online. does this ring a bell to any canadians?

botefdunn

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 706
« Reply #35 on: May 30, 2018, 11:05:00 PM »
the spitfire logo is pretty corny. flameboy is almost cooler at this point. i cant find any evidence, but i swear there was a mall store(possibly only in canada) that sold sweaters and tshirts with a knock off of the spitfire guy on them and they managed to make it look even worse somehow. i wanna say it was called Snake Eyez and they made JNCO like pants, but i cant find anything online. does this ring a bell to any canadians?

Damn sure wouldn't tell you if it did. Okay i would tell you, humour > pride
« Last Edit: May 30, 2018, 11:42:41 PM by botefdunn »

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 495
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
« Reply #36 on: May 30, 2018, 11:22:34 PM »
The Spitfire guy sucks too, they're both shitty.

himlor

• Rep: 18
« Reply #37 on: May 31, 2018, 09:58:43 AM »
because this shit is cool and the word spitfire is cooler then wet willy or flame boy YO

also I do not understand why bobby worst is a candy

brah cus those back noseblunts sweet

backinaction

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 279
« Reply #38 on: May 31, 2018, 11:06:32 AM »

if you add "bighead" in the same font as "flameboy" under his arm you will win the internets

Firebert

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 230
    • Instagram avatar image
« Reply #39 on: May 31, 2018, 01:43:15 PM »
I actually dig the spitfire logo because it reminds me of the shark nose art on airplanes from WWII

Jacob Gary

« Reply #40 on: May 31, 2018, 01:56:04 PM »

Is BA a pirate because...

Was this foreshadowing?