Author Topic: stop shooting people  (Read 5159 times)

DannyDee

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
Re: stop shooting people
« Reply #30 on: May 18, 2018, 04:47:28 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Anti depressants/psychotics almost always play a roll in these shootings. That is what needs attention asap.
[close]

Why? I always thought it as a byproduct of the society we live in (esp. the US model).

That and
Expand Quote
Guns too.
[close]
[close]
this, doesnt really happen out of the us man.
you guys are fucked, and im afraid its going to get worse

im so glad i dont even fucking live in the us, but anytime i cross the border there is a fucking giant pic of trump and it bothers me.
i dont fucking understand what ameroca is going thru and i hope it all ends soon

i cant even browse slap without being bombarded with "race shit" anymore, this used to be a place for skateboarding, not fucking ~/pol
I think limiting guns may limit these incidents but never removes them. Living in Toronto, it's pretty clear that guy who drove down people walking down the street was inspired by American school shooters and probably would have used a gun if he had the chance. Would he have killed more or less in that scenario is debatable.

The issue clearly needs to be solved at a mental health level and figuring who these people who are likely to act on these threats are. Although, I do think that reducing the number of guns that can shoot at such a high and accurate rate is something that would be good for society. The big issue you run into though, there are so many of those guns out there how to even reduce them after banning sales by a sizable amount is nearly impossible.

This kid was a clear Columbiner from all descriptions of him (wore a trench coat to school, etc). How we have a an online sub-culture that deify's those sick fucks is horrifying. I remember when that happened people were horrified and thought those kids were evil, now people born after the event are labeling them martyrs.

Betaphenylethylalamine

• Trade Count: (-2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -138
« Reply #31 on: May 18, 2018, 05:00:48 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Anti depressants/psychotics almost always play a roll in these shootings. That is what needs attention asap.
[close]

Why? I always thought it as a byproduct of the society we live in (esp. the US model).

That and
Expand Quote
Guns too.
[close]
[close]

im so glad i dont even fucking live in the us, but anytime i cross the border there is a fucking giant pic of trump and it bothers me.
i dont fucking understand what ameroca is going thru and i hope it all ends soon

i cant even browse slap without being bombarded with "race shit" anymore, this used to be a place for skateboarding, not fucking ~/pol

Yep, last few weeks are fuckin brutal. It's like Reddit or Alex Jones or some shit up in here now
Gentleman ninja warlock

Pigeon

« Reply #32 on: May 18, 2018, 05:01:47 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
These are all planned attacks to sway public opinion on gun control dont @ me

[close]

This is bar far, the dumbest fucking thing you've ever said. You are such a fucking moron. Oh yeah @QUEEFER
[close]

Yea but i make more money than you and my wife is hotter than yours so i still win.
[close]

I didn't know you could marry dogs...good for you I guess
[close]

Still hotter than your wife.
Your dog is male, so you technically have a husband.

Betaphenylethylalamine

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #33 on: May 18, 2018, 05:11:55 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

That and
Expand Quote
Guns too.
[close]
[close]

[close]
I think limiting guns may limit these incidents but never removes them. Living in Toronto, it's pretty clear that guy who drove down people walking down the street was inspired by American school shooters and probably would have used a gun if he had the chance. Would he have killed more or less in that scenario is debatable.

The issue clearly needs to be solved at a mental health level and figuring who these people who are likely to act on these threats are. Although, I do think that reducing the number of guns that can shoot at such a high and accurate rate is something that would be good for society. The big issue you run into though, there are so many of those guns out there how to even reduce them after banning sales by a sizable amount is nearly impossible.

This kid was a clear Columbiner from all descriptions of him (wore a trench coat to school, etc). How we have a an online sub-culture that deify's those sick fucks is horrifying. I remember when that happened people were horrified and thought those kids were evil, now people born after the event are labeling them martyrs.

Yeah, im in Canada too. I think are gun laws are sensible. Being a gun owners myself, it's quite the process but it's just a minor inconvenience, nothing too crazy.

But typically in Canada gun owners are hunters and avid outdoorsman, and in my experience these people are incredibly respectful citizens and they 99.9% are of no threat to society.

To own a handgun here you'de really have to enjoy target practice. 2 years minimum wait. If approved you can only transport the weapon to and from the gun range. You must notify police before you leave the house with said gun, and again when you leave the range. Police might even be dispatched to follow you. You cannot stop anywhere else other than the range.

Semi autos that "appear to be assault rifles" are normally .22 caliber and basically useless for any hunting but do get used at gun ranges. .22 caliber is very low powered and completely inaccurate at distance.

Odd thing is you can buy a 50 Cal???? That's a range only gun. Good thing is it would be highly unlikely to be used in a mass shooting because the price tag is well over 5 grand and shells are very rare/expensive to come by. Target shooter are known to make there own bullets however.

Im pro gun for defense and hunting. But in Canada defense kinda goes out the window. By the time you unlock your trigger, unlock your ammo, load said weapon, you'de likely be dead via the assailant already
Gentleman ninja warlock

QueeferMadness

• Rep: -343
  • Don't Fear The Queefer
« Reply #34 on: May 18, 2018, 05:15:23 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

That and
Expand Quote
Guns too.
[close]
[close]

[close]

We have access to the same firearms here though, getting your PAL isnt difficult but in all honesty i think it definitely helps reduce this bullshit.  I dont think its necessarily guns that are the issue, its the ease of access. While getting a PAL is easy its still an extra step, and it costs money.

You have to do a training course with both a written and practical portion, and i think you require 80% to pass. Afterwards you send your paperwork to the RCMP and it takes like 6 months to get your license. Your name is ran through CPIC every morning and if you have any sort of serious crime on your record the police come and take your shit.

I think if America adopted a similar system it could help.

I shouldnt have trolled here, im sorry

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #35 on: May 18, 2018, 05:24:06 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

That and
Expand Quote
Guns too.
[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

Yeah, im in Canada too. I think are gun laws are sensible. Being a gun owners myself, it's quite the process but it's just a minor inconvenience, nothing too crazy.

But typically in Canada gun owners are hunters and avid outdoorsman, and in my experience these people are incredibly respectful citizens and they 99.9% are of no threat to society.

To own a handgun here you'de really have to enjoy target practice. 2 years minimum wait. If approved you can only transport the weapon to and from the gun range. You must notify police before you leave the house with said gun, and again when you leave the range. Police might even be dispatched to follow you. You cannot stop anywhere else other than the range.

Semi autos that "appear to be assault rifles" are normally .22 caliber and basically useless for any hunting but do get used at gun ranges. .22 caliber is very low powered and completely inaccurate at distance.

Odd thing is you can buy a 50 Cal???? That's a range only gun. Good thing is it would be highly unlikely to be used in a mass shooting because the price tag is well over 5 grand and shells are very rare/expensive to come by. Target shooter are known to make there own bullets however.

Im pro gun for defense and hunting. But in Canada defense kinda goes out the window. By the time you unlock your trigger, unlock your ammo, load said weapon, you'de likely be dead via the assailant already
Oh, I know guns aren't outright banned here, I actually know someone who legally owns 50 cal desert eagle. But, the restrictions and difficulty in getting guns really change the dynamics. It stops short-term impulse purchases, and they are way stricter rules on semi-auto's that can be easily altered into automatic guns.

No society is perfect, but the rate of these shootings in the states is horrifying. I mean, atleast 41 kids have been killed by guns this year just for attending school and generally being at the wrong place (realize how almost all victims in these cases barely know the shooter, and the shooter never kills the supposed bullies), this year in the United States, with 67 others being injured.

Now, a school shooter in Canada could steal a gun off their dad who is a respectful citizen or somehow get one on the black market. But, when guns are properly stored and extremely hard to buy, it limits the ability for a troubled 18 year old to buy a gun, or for a 17 year old to easily be able to steal one from their parents or the parents of a friend.

Betaphenylethylalamine

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #36 on: May 18, 2018, 05:30:13 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

That and
Expand Quote
Guns too.
[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
Oh, I know guns aren't outright banned here, I actually know someone who legally owns 50 cal desert eagle. But, the restrictions and difficulty in getting guns really change the dynamics. It stops short-term impulse purchases, and they are way stricter rules on semi-auto's that can be easily altered into automatic guns.

No society is perfect, but the rate of these shootings in the states is horrifying. I mean, atleast 41 kids have been killed by guns this year just for attending school and generally being at the wrong place (realize how almost all victims in these cases barely know the shooter, and the shooter never kills the supposed bullies), this year in the United States, with 67 others being injured.

Now, a school shooter in Canada could steal a gun off their dad who is a respectful citizen or somehow get one on the black market. But, when guns are properly stored and extremely hard to buy, it limits the ability for a troubled 18 year old to buy a gun, or for a 17 year old to easily be able to steal one from their parents or the parents of a friend.

Yeah, Im not arguing with you, im agreeing with you. Also with queefer.

Our system works very well, although occasionally the government overreaches on guns but it's tolerable IMO

And like I said, 50 Cal's are available it's just super unlikely to ever be used in a mass shooting, especially a school shooting. No teen can even handle a 50 Cal to fire one shot, nevermind mind multiple shots. And good luck concealing it. You'de stick out like a sore thumb

And queefer, we don't have easy access to handguns, that's a major difference. But again, all good points on PAL.
Gentleman ninja warlock

Nick..

• Rep: 10
« Reply #37 on: May 19, 2018, 06:40:57 PM »
One time my best friend during Grade 8 French class made our teacher cry because "You coughed when I was speaking and I thought you were mocking me!" But sure, let's give teachers guns or whatever. That’ll help!

S.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 63
    • Fotos avatar image
« Reply #38 on: May 20, 2018, 07:50:21 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

That and
Expand Quote
Guns too.
[close]
[close]

[close]

Yep, last few weeks are fuckin brutal. It's like Reddit or Alex Jones or some shit up in here now

Agree with all points made. The antidepressants arguement is a bit complicated, though, because since so many people are on them it is likely that school shooters will be on them too. I do think, however, that antidepressants do not cure mental health problems, but they do treat the symptons. So they make people with deep problems functional without healing the problems. Instead of psychotherapy, which is expensive and takes a long time, they just give people drugs so they can go back to school or back to work.

Taking away guns would probably not eliminate school shooting, but drasticly decrease them. It is very difficult to get a legal gun in Germany, unless you are in a sports shooting club or you are a licensed hunter. There are just much much less guns around. There have however been two school shooting in the past 10 years. People are also able to get illegal guns. I knew a two drug dealers growing up who had an illegal hand gun.

296 people were murdered in Germany in 2015.

16.000 people were murdered in the USA in 2015.

Betaphenylethylalamine

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #39 on: May 20, 2018, 08:28:46 AM »
Yeah antidepressants are complicated. There is NO WAY to measure the effects they have on neurotransmittors, this, no way to determine the outcome.

BUT ALL OF THEM INCLUDE A WARNING FOR INCREASED SUICIDE RISK.

let that sink in for a minute

Also, if the vast majority of Americans or in anti depressants/anti psychotics, do you see what's wrong with that?

Have you tried these drugs? They literally make you not give a flying fuck about anything, then youll go in some manic mode about your coffee not being correct or some complete bullshit thing that obviously doesn't matter other than it's a minor inconvenience.

Putting people on these drugs unless absolutely necessary is criminal. Put a gun in their hands, that is too. Regulate both. But both the NRA/2nd amendment and big pharma are far too big/powerful for anything positive to happen.

It's just one big fucked up situation that sucks for the citizens and creates fear all over some bullshit

The US is a fucked up country that IMO, cannot be fixed
Gentleman ninja warlock

Hevonen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 16
« Reply #40 on: May 22, 2018, 11:10:39 PM »
One time my best friend during Grade 8 French class made our teacher cry because "You coughed when I was speaking and I thought you were mocking me!" But sure, let's give teachers guns or whatever. That’ll help!

Yeah it's insane anyone would even suggest something like that out loud. As for gun control, I agree that having easy access to crazy guns is definitely a huge part of the problem, but haven't guns always been as easily acquired in the US even before these shootings became popular? I mean having guns should definitely be way more restricted, I don't see why anyone other than the police should be allowed to own a gun for anything other than hunting purposes, but the source of the problem seems to be more about the rising amount of mental health issues and their improper treatment. And also the internet providing a community for every type of crazy person in the world and probably a bunch of other things.

What's depressing is that it's gonna take a very long time before any changes will happen. It's most likely gonna take at least a decade to even get any sort of proper restrictions on guns and much longer before we can see the positive effects on it.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2018, 12:18:07 AM by Hevonen »

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 75
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #41 on: May 22, 2018, 11:35:29 PM »
I shouldn't have opened this thread

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Nick..

• Rep: 10
« Reply #42 on: May 23, 2018, 07:21:03 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Yeah it's insane anyone would even suggest something like that out loud. As for gun control, I agree that having easy access to crazy guns is definitely a huge part of the problem, but haven't guns always been as easily acquired in the US even before these shootings became popular? I mean having guns should definitely be way more restricted, I don't see why anyone other than the police should be allowed to own a gun for anything other than hunting purposes, but the source of the problem seems to be more about the rising amount of mental health issues and their improper treatment. And also the internet providing a community for every type of crazy person in the world and probably a bunch of other things.

What's depressing is that it's gonna take a very long time before any changes will happen. It's most likely gonna take at least a decade to even get any sort of proper restrictions on guns and much longer before we can see the positive effects on it.
Being a Canadian, it's pretty scary knowing that most Americans care more about an amendment in a 242 year-old document than innocent people losing their lives. AR-15 owners who routinely say say, “Try and take it from me!!!!” are my personal favourites. Yeah... that imminent implication of using your gun against those who disagree with you is the reason you shouldn’t be able to own one you fucking idiot.

feedmeseymour

« Reply #43 on: May 23, 2018, 07:45:57 AM »
I shouldn't have opened this thread
yep, im not into guns, but i work for a gun company... the industry is fucked up, and the laws revolving around them are kinda messy.

I will say that civilians have access to guns in order to protect themselves against the government in a government take over situation... which probably wont happen, and if it does civilians would still lose that fire fight.

every time some shooting happens it makes me second guess my job, but you gotta remember that guns are used to protect more than they are to innocently kill people.

Skate_lurker_Rob

• Rep: -48
  • Do it yourself or someone else will fuck it up!
« Reply #44 on: May 24, 2018, 08:33:39 AM »
As a Dad and cannot stress this enough is put your kids to work learning a valuable trade very soon something they can make a buck or a good hustle, I'd say about 10 or 11, learn measurements and a worthwhile skill. I believe this is what my old man taught me I fucked up later on but learned my lesson fast in that scared straight program. the fact parents these days are lazy as fuck. They plop a kid out all the while don't engage them and show them the right path. I am not saying isolate them but stress to them at the age of angsty rebellion hey you want to see what i was doing? take em on a road trip to the alley I saw a hooker getting railed or the spot I use to score dope/heroin and pass out really put them in your shoes when you were fucking up bad and say this is why I almost died because of poor choices or fucking fucked up friends. Have them meet these junkies or have them volunteer and learn at a shelter you have it sooooooo good here and you could be dead in a ditch or your life could be gone without a trace. not scare the shit out of them but close to the point of you do need to understand and follow the rules to certain extent and make your own judgements hopefully the best ones and meaningful. the ripple effect does affect others no matter how big this world seems it is quite small. Also internet and games should be a privilege for everything I learned sentence structure wasn't my highlight but I do know some off the wall words from reading the dictionary and ughh even the bible a few times, amidst these ramblings and musings I do know that if you occupy their time have them focus up and really drive the point home you are better then whatever they are bummed about tell em it could be a hell of a lot worse. I believe alot of these kids could have benefited greatly had their skills or put their boredom to work volunteering or doing something good in your community.
Sic Gorgiamus Allos Subjectatos Nunc

PPPPFFFFFFFFFFFTTTTT I fart on your pillow bare ass

el chino

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -375
  • ants suck!
« Reply #45 on: May 24, 2018, 01:30:07 PM »
As a Dad and cannot stress this enough is put your kids to work learning a valuable trade very soon something they can make a buck or a good hustle, I'd say about 10 or 11, learn measurements and a worthwhile skill. I believe this is what my old man taught me I fucked up later on but learned my lesson fast in that scared straight program. the fact parents these days are lazy as fuck. They plop a kid out all the while don't engage them and show them the right path. I am not saying isolate them but stress to them at the age of angsty rebellion hey you want to see what i was doing? take em on a road trip to the alley I saw a hooker getting railed or the spot I use to score dope/heroin and pass out really put them in your shoes when you were fucking up bad and say this is why I almost died because of poor choices or fucking fucked up friends. Have them meet these junkies or have them volunteer and learn at a shelter you have it sooooooo good here and you could be dead in a ditch or your life could be gone without a trace. not scare the shit out of them but close to the point of you do need to understand and follow the rules to certain extent and make your own judgements hopefully the best ones and meaningful. the ripple effect does affect others no matter how big this world seems it is quite small. Also internet and games should be a privilege for everything I learned sentence structure wasn't my highlight but I do know some off the wall words from reading the dictionary and ughh even the bible a few times, amidst these ramblings and musings I do know that if you occupy their time have them focus up and really drive the point home you are better then whatever they are bummed about tell em it could be a hell of a lot worse. I believe alot of these kids could have benefited greatly had their skills or put their boredom to work volunteering or doing something good in your community.
well, as a parent i gotta say thats fucking great advice. But as a slap poster i gotta go back to say im in mexico, for those who quoted me.

We have our share of shootings but its always rivals, no one fucks with schools or kids safety really but ALL GUNS come from you guys, and mostly young veterans are making profit with that business and thats fucked up.
We're not even allowed to own guns but you could get a good variety here in the border to choose from if you know the hood
<iframe class="imgur-album" width="100%" height="550" frameborder="0" src="http://imgur.com/a/8ph4y/embed"></iframe>

bucketoftruth

• Rep: 12
« Reply #46 on: May 24, 2018, 02:58:12 PM »
freedom isnt free. this day, it cost 10 kids+

Skate_lurker_Rob

• Rep: -48
  • Do it yourself or someone else will fuck it up!
« Reply #47 on: May 24, 2018, 04:16:32 PM »

[/quote]well, as a parent i gotta say thats fucking great advice. But as a slap poster i gotta go back to say im in mexico, for those who quoted me.

We have our share of shootings but its always rivals, no one fucks with schools or kids safety really but ALL GUNS come from you guys, and mostly young veterans are making profit with that business and thats fucked up.
We're not even allowed to own guns but you could get a good variety here in the border to choose from if you know the hood
[/quote]

Well I am Irish and Italian and live in a predominately Latino and Haitian community Ft Lauderdale area, I try to take the side of a most brown and black neighborhoods as I can have punk shows parties and guests from all over stay plus rent is super cheap.

The thing about the states and those that have an issue with guns and weird up and arms about 2nd ammendment is because the right and left don't want to admit it's a class war scenario there's more of us then them, I feel like these days humans are always trying to get one over on someone else and for fucks sake don't think of your neighbor as any enemy remember the upperclass want division they want civil unrest where they are suspicious of others whom  aren't of their hue or ethnicity......One thing I know from living all over and settling for Floriduh is the anonymity and mix of many cultures many gorgeous beaches and all around decent weather this place is rad. however the situation we have these days is just plain fuckered. The revolution won't be televised and those that do decide to make a difference it's not about one group it'sd about everyone involved minus the upperclass
Sic Gorgiamus Allos Subjectatos Nunc

PPPPFFFFFFFFFFFTTTTT I fart on your pillow bare ass

Owen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 296
    • My Photos avatar image
« Reply #48 on: May 25, 2018, 01:47:09 AM »
I feel like an asshole saying this but as an outsider it seems sadly ironic that the US has spent the last 15+ years obsessing on terrorism, Islam and the Middle East when the real threat to your country is disaffected youth.

If people are weak and powerless, give them a gun and suddenly they are in control of something. 
Jorts
Anklets
Rat tails
Sling shots
Toe rings
Shuv it tail grabs
Jump ramps

feedmeseymour

« Reply #49 on: May 25, 2018, 05:28:54 AM »
I feel like an asshole saying this but as an outsider it seems sadly ironic that the US has spent the last 15+ years obsessing on terrorism, Islam and the Middle East when the real threat to your country is disaffected youth.

If people are weak and powerless, give them a gun and suddenly they are in control of something.

always a good move to say dumb shit about a country that you aren't living in.
media obsesses on that stuff because they need content and ratings, your average person doesnt think about it that much.

Adolescent Death

• Rep: -5
« Reply #50 on: May 25, 2018, 07:52:42 AM »
It's not just guns, but mass murder in general. It's like the go-to method to getting out your frustrations is to kill a bunch of people instead of going to a doctor and getting help. Helicopter parents let irrational fear stop their kids from playing outside so they don't learn to socialize/scrape their knees a little bit. They'd rather sit them in front of computers where it's more "safe" but they end up coming across dangerous bullshit left/right extremist ideologies at young ages and it ends up fucking with their minds. They see other ignorant 14 year old dumbfucks (or basement dwelling 30 year old fat smelly men) writing long bombastic diatribes about bullshit psuedo-science and they eat it up just because they *look* like they know enough even though it's nothing but thoughtless rhetoric. Soon enough they'll start repeating the same shit themselves and the cycle will continue. Kids are impressionable and need guidance but they're not fucking getting any. More and more people don't know what to do when they try to have conversations outside of the internet; everyone's just getting more and more alienated. Just last month that dude ran over a bunch of people in my city because of some "incel" revolution. What the fuck kinda shit is that? Oh yeah, you never learnt to talk to women and make human connections so instead of getting help just go out and kill innocent people! Great idea!

bucketoftruth

• Rep: 12
« Reply #51 on: May 26, 2018, 10:45:41 PM »
It's not just guns, but mass murder in general. It's like the go-to method to getting out your frustrations is to kill a bunch of people instead of going to a doctor and getting help. Helicopter parents let irrational fear stop their kids from playing outside so they don't learn to socialize/scrape their knees a little bit. They'd rather sit them in front of computers where it's more "safe" but they end up coming across dangerous bullshit left/right extremist ideologies at young ages and it ends up fucking with their minds. They see other ignorant 14 year old dumbfucks (or basement dwelling 30 year old fat smelly men) writing long bombastic diatribes about bullshit psuedo-science and they eat it up just because they *look* like they know enough even though it's nothing but thoughtless rhetoric. Soon enough they'll start repeating the same shit themselves and the cycle will continue. Kids are impressionable and need guidance but they're not fucking getting any. More and more people don't know what to do when they try to have conversations outside of the internet; everyone's just getting more and more alienated. Just last month that dude ran over a bunch of people in my city because of some "incel" revolution. What the fuck kinda shit is that? Oh yeah, you never learnt to talk to women and make human connections so instead of getting help just go out and kill innocent people! Great idea!

Nah, the guns are what enable the mass part of the mass murder. The comparable mass stabbings in Europe end in far fewer deaths, which they are bummed about, but are fortunate that dudes weren't slashing with bullets.

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 858
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #52 on: May 29, 2018, 10:51:12 AM »

The real threat in the US comes from the people in power.