Author Topic: Any brands with similar VANS toe shape?  (Read 2065 times)

GMB

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 8
Any brands with similar VANS toe shape?
« on: May 18, 2018, 11:43:44 AM »
Usually most of skate shoes dont fit my feet because they have this narrow toe shape and I have ingrown toenail. Vans is an exception, I have a Sk8 mid and a Half cab (both not PRO series) and theyre ok.
Here in Brazil you usually find on online retailers only Vans and DC (besides nike, adidas and cons), sometimes supra, lakai, huf, but mostly Vans and DC.
Is DC a good comparision? Tried a DC trase onde and it was ok. Which brand would you recommend?

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 938
  • U neg cuz UR insecure-glad I got under your skin
Re: Any brands with similar VANS toe shape?
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2018, 12:24:06 PM »
I'm with you, man.

I can only wear shoes that are wiiiiiiiiiide, Most Vans (old schools, TNTSGs, Sk8 his, wtc.)

The DC Evan Smith will do you right; I just picked up a pair of the Emerica Deathwish Indicators, I'll have them today and will post later how they fit.

I'm eyeing some of the #NB as they appear to have great toebox width.

http://www.slapmagazine.com/index.php?topic=98056.0

art hellman

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1152
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
hardly art, hardly starving

Diocletian

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2018, 12:39:28 PM »
I’ve been into the Vans Pro Classics ever since they hit the market somewhere around 2010-2011, I think. They used to be the perfect shoe for me, then around 2013-2014 they changed the last, which is the actual mold of the shoe. Now all of the pro classics are skinnier from rear to front. The rear doesn’t bother me, but the front suffocates my feet and gives me blisters on my pinky toes. It sucks because their newest ultracush insole is actually very good.

I recently tried to give the Era Pro’s another try and within a couple days my pinky toes were raw. Went and bought a couple pairs of regular Era’s and they feel like they’re supposed to. The insole could obviously be way better, but so far I haven’t had any foot pain.

I have no idea why Vans ruined their Pro Classic line like this. But I noticed that actual pro skater models don’t use the skinnier last, like the TNT SG’s, Chima’s, Crockett’s, etc. Haven’t been into any of the designs of recent pro skater models so I’ll stick with the classics for now.

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2018, 12:48:23 PM »
I really want to give the 112 pros a shot but I can never find them locally in my size to try them on; tho I'm not too stoked on the rubber cap as I hate waiting for it to wear down some and adjusting flik but it serves me well as I skate small/mid tranny enough that I knee slide and it's nice to have.

The local Active just closed and while a chain, they were local and used to carry a shit ton of skate shoes/clothes I could try on; sadly the team running the shop try to make it feel too LA/The Hundreds/boutique-like and it closed up shop.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2018, 10:23:01 PM by Xen »

Bumpovertrash

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2018, 12:01:35 AM »
all i  can say is i dont have wide feet but huf shoes never fit  my feet at all. skinny as hell. Also avoid rubber on your toe it dosnt stretch out

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2018, 08:29:21 AM »
all i  can say is i dont have wide feet but huf shoes never fit  my feet at all. skinny as hell. Also avoid rubber on your toe it dosnt stretch out

So what do you wear?

NootNoot

« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2018, 12:18:24 AM »
Same position as you wide feet and ingrown and I can only skate vans can’t do huf Nike adidas even Emerica. The NB 533 V2 and 288 are the most comfortable skate shoes I’ve ever put my feet in. SUPRA Ellington’s and Vader’s are good too but ugly and wear fast
« Last Edit: May 23, 2018, 12:20:16 AM by NootNoot »

halfsleeper

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 9
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2018, 11:35:55 AM »
check out the donny or the dodds from clear weather skateboarding
tiny hat, big heart.

Bumpovertrash

« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2018, 11:54:14 PM »
State salems before that state slip ons