Author Topic: Why does Mrs. Marshall lock the gate?  (Read 3792 times)

emchen

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 20
Why does Mrs. Marshall lock the gate?
« on: May 18, 2018, 12:40:34 PM »
Does anyone know why Mrs. Marshall keeps locking that gate and why the students are mad that the gate is locked?

Related note - am I just weak as hell or does Kader have really strong legs to flip around that giant board?

Jared

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 59
  • Die Slow
Re: Why does Mrs. Marshall lock the gate?
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2018, 12:46:20 PM »
Gotta keep the kids locked up in the recess area. Mrs. Marshall holding it down.

harrison ford invented the first car, in America

IHOP

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2018, 12:49:36 PM »
you cant keep us in here like animals mrs. marshall

Zurg

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2018, 01:12:59 PM »
I wonder what ms Marshall has to say about his piss drunx hoodie?

CRAILFISH TO REVERT

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 506
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2018, 01:16:43 PM »
'daily Mrs. Marshall'

streetsoup

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -32
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2018, 02:12:53 PM »
'daily Mrs. Marshall'

Mrs. Marshalllllllllllllllll
I love how she avoids eye contact and ignores any question. A seasoned teach indeed. Kader that annoying talented little shit.

IHOP

« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2018, 03:06:43 PM »
gipper, wanna chime on why mrs. marshall situation? surely you must have some insider teacher knowledge.

do you use the same tactics?
would you punish kader?
if you could teach any skater who would you choose?

streetsoup

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2018, 03:12:33 PM »
Gipp- What do you do when your students come in baked after lunch? Call them out? Ignore it? Refer them to the principle? Maybe have a one on one talk about how their behavior impacts the learning environment? If they skate do they get more or less slack?
I feel like you could be the raddest teacher ever or like the biggest asshole know-it all type.

expired

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 73
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2018, 03:17:13 PM »
So her son Will Marshall can switch flip over it

planman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 374
  • Morpheus drinking a 40 in a death basket
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2018, 03:38:12 PM »
She's got a sick DIY right around the corner but knows Kader and the Baker Boys are gonna blow it up so she gots ta keep it on the downlow

I saw your mom do a ollie to cooch drop straight down the big black pole, it was gnarly. she defiantly shut that shit down

streetsoup

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2018, 02:33:19 PM »
Kader posted a picture of her feet the other day that had me giggling good.

Jehoshaphat Augustus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 298
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2018, 07:55:55 PM »
I know Kader might be young for this but does west coast still have a problem with individuals from “rival schools” showing up and starting fights/mayhem?

I remember a Daewon Song interview where he said guys coming in with socks filled with quarters/batteries was a pretty regular thing.

I suppose too (these days) it’s not uncommon for Lil Overpriviledged Demonboys to come thru with the Bump stock...Good for Ms Marshall for caring about kids

thebacker

« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2018, 08:00:09 PM »
I know Kader might be young for this but does west coast still have a problem with individuals from “rival schools” showing up and starting fights/mayhem?

I remember a Daewon Song interview where he said guys coming in with socks filled with quarters/batteries was a pretty regular thing.

I suppose too (these days) it’s not uncommon for Lil Overpriviledged Demonboys to come thru with the Bump stock...Good for Ms Marshall for caring about kids
Dawg it’s 2018 that shit isn’t happening

fulltechnicalskizzy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1936
« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2018, 08:53:12 PM »
guys coming in with socks filled with quarters/batteries was a pretty regular thing.
The horror.

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -482
« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2018, 09:26:45 PM »
Who’s ms Marshall and what gate is she locking.
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

Seadramon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 230
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2018, 11:21:20 PM »
I always feel bad for Mrs. Marshall

emchen

« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2018, 06:25:58 AM »
I like Kader's personality that comes thru in interviews & stuff but my god, he must be a terror to teach. Also very surprised that he can have his phone out filming without getting it confiscated. Are kids allowed to have phones out in school now? We used to get them taken away in a heartbeat if a teacher saw us.

sharkin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 482
« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2018, 08:41:40 AM »
Kader's foot barely covers the width of the board

It'd be like me skating an 11" popsicle.. i love it

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2018, 09:08:36 AM »
Look guys, Mrs. Marshall tried to be cool, and not lock the gate, but too many people took advantage of her good will. You forced her to lock the gate, which she probably should have been doing in the first place anyway.

Gipp- What do you do when your students come in baked after lunch? Call them out? Ignore it? Refer them to the principle? Maybe have a one on one talk about how their behavior impacts the learning environment? If they skate do they get more or less slack?
I feel like you could be the raddest teacher ever or like the biggest asshole know-it all type.
It depends on the situation and the circumstances in the school. A few years back the school policy was "any kid who gets caught under the influence is referred to the police, searched, and arrested if found with anything," that year, I basically just ignored it all together and pled ignorance.
Usually I'll give a lot of clues that a kid isn't getting away with it to try to clue them into the fact that they are blowing it. "Why does it smell like a skunk in here?" "Dude, why do you smell like cheap cigars?," "What's wrong with your eyes? Why are they so blood shot? Is it pink eye?" they always answer "maybe" then my response is "shoot, that's really contagious, maybe we should send you down to the office and send you home?" they never want that, and I respond "well, if the pink eye continues tomorrow I'm going to have to send you down there because I don't want to be infected."
Generally if they don't listen, I'll just call their parents, tell them their kid appears to be under the influence, explain how that kind of behavior can lead to them falling into the school-to-prison pipeline in some other classes, and how it genuinely does affect their ability to learn.
The only time I've ever been a dick about it was when a kid tried to smoke a blunt in class. I was cycling around helping kids, so I didn't see who did it, but I had to protect my ass- "Mr. [Gipper] let kids smoke weed in his class" is something they say right before they would fire me. At that point I just called the office, had the kids searched, and that kid who did it got suspended for like a month, but I insisted no arrest even though that was a suggestion.

The reality is, coming to school stoned, while not deadly or a danger to others, genuinely inhibits a kid's ability to learn, so I try to make sure its not a free for all, but simultaneously do what I can to intervene without any of those life runing kind of consequences. Its a thin line to walk for sure, but I can't just let it go, and I can't send kids who generally have bigger problems if they are coming to school obviously high as fuck at 8 am to jail or into the system in other ways.
Not sure if that makes me cool or a kook, but that's the approach.

Kids who skate don't get more or less slack, but its easier to build the kind of relationships that aren't about that when they skate. Its about humanizing yourself and your students, and building connections like that can do just that. Kids who have a good relationship with their teachers will usually listen when given a reasonable request, so it tends not to come down to consequences or anything like that. Its more like "Did you see the new GX video? Sean Greene is the gnarliest! By the way, remember that work I asked you to get into me, how's that coming along?"

My biggest flaw is I actually do know a ton about the subjects I teach (government and U.S. history) so the only "know it all" trouble I get relates back to my ADD and fascination with the subject. All a kid has to do is be like "Is Kanye right that black people could have freed themselves from slavery?" and suddenly the class becomes all about the Nat Turner rebellion and the Haitian revolution because I know about it and want to feed their curiousity and clarify misconceptions. On a related note, fuck all that bullshit Kanye has been saying lately and the genuine fucked up effects it has. The dude lost his mind, and I hope his condition improves, but in the meantime, dude needs to shut the fuck up until he gets his mind back.
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2018, 10:00:51 AM »
Look guys, Mrs. Marshall tried to be cool, and not lock the gate, but too many people took advantage of her good will. You forced her to lock the gate, which she probably should have been doing in the first place anyway.

Expand Quote
[close]
It depends on the situation and the circumstances in the school. A few years back the school policy was "any kid who gets caught under the influence is referred to the police, searched, and arrested if found with anything," that year, I basically just ignored it all together and pled ignorance.
Usually I'll give a lot of clues that a kid isn't getting away with it to try to clue them into the fact that they are blowing it. "Why does it smell like a skunk in here?" "Dude, why do you smell like cheap cigars?," "What's wrong with your eyes? Why are they so blood shot? Is it pink eye?" they always answer "maybe" then my response is "shoot, that's really contagious, maybe we should send you down to the office and send you home?" they never want that, and I respond "well, if the pink eye continues tomorrow I'm going to have to send you down there because I don't want to be infected."
Generally if they don't listen, I'll just call their parents, tell them their kid appears to be under the influence, explain how that kind of behavior can lead to them falling into the school-to-prison pipeline in some other classes, and how it genuinely does affect their ability to learn.
The only time I've ever been a dick about it was when a kid tried to smoke a blunt in class. I was cycling around helping kids, so I didn't see who did it, but I had to protect my ass- "Mr. [Gipper] let kids smoke weed in his class" is something they say right before they would fire me. At that point I just called the office, had the kids searched, and that kid who did it got suspended for like a month, but I insisted no arrest even though that was a suggestion.

The reality is, coming to school stoned, while not deadly or a danger to others, genuinely inhibits a kid's ability to learn, so I try to make sure its not a free for all, but simultaneously do what I can to intervene without any of those life runing kind of consequences. Its a thin line to walk for sure, but I can't just let it go, and I can't send kids who generally have bigger problems if they are coming to school obviously high as fuck at 8 am to jail or into the system in other ways.

Kids who skate don't get more or less slack, but its easier to build the kind of relationships that aren't about that when they skate. Its about humanizing yourself and your students, and building connections like that can do just that. Kids who have a good relationship with their teachers will usually listen when given a reasonable request, so it tends not to come down to consequences or anything like that. Its more like "Did you see the new GX video? Sean Greene is the gnarliest! By the way, remember that work I asked you to get into me, how's that coming along?"

My biggest flaw is I actually do know a ton about the subjects I teach (government and U.S. history) so the only "know it all" trouble I get relates back to my ADD and fascination with the subject. All a kid has to do is be like "Is Kanye right that black people could have freed themselves from slavery?" and suddenly the class becomes all about the Nat Turner rebellion and the Haitian revolution because I know about it and want to feed their curiousity and clarify misconceptions. On a related note, fuck all that bullshit Kanye has been saying lately and the genuine fucked up effects it has. The dude lost his mind, and I hope his condition improves, but in the meantime, dude needs to shut the fuck up until he gets his mind back.

I don’t think that makes you a kook, that’s honestly the best , nicest sounding post you’ve made in time on my slap the last decade. You sound like a dude who actually cares still, where it feels like most teachers have checked out. I liked it especially cause I was the stoned kid in history at 8am and the teacher would ask why it reaked of cigs and stare and at me. I got away with it cause I also just love history and treated it like stoned story time and did really well for someone being high as fuck. It was also just way easier to smoke in the morning where there’s too many kids for a teacher to catch on instead being stoned in the afternoon when my mom got home and would get mad.  You’re a good dude gip . I’d let you teach my kid.

streetsoup

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2018, 12:07:33 PM »

Expand Quote
[close]

Hell yes.
Definitely cool as fuck teacher for sure. Can't let them walk all over you, (blunt in class lmao) but being human and understanding towards people will always go a long way.

emchen

« Reply #21 on: May 22, 2018, 12:46:34 PM »

Expand Quote
[close]

Teacher of the fuckin year, man. Whatever they pay you, it's not enough. Is it just me or are APUSH teachers always the coolest?

Also, I do hope Kader finishes high school or at least gets a GED. I can't believe Paul Hart didn't finish high school and his mom was cool with it.

shark tits

« Reply #22 on: May 22, 2018, 12:47:38 PM »
mrs marshall should grease the fence to keep daewon out

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #23 on: May 22, 2018, 05:08:59 PM »
Expand Quote

Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Teacher of the fuckin year, man. Whatever they pay you, it's not enough. Is it just me or are APUSH teachers always the coolest?

Also, I do hope Kader finishes high school or at least gets a GED. I can't believe Paul Hart didn't finish high school and his mom was cool with it.

Hahah we always thought our apush teacher was high as fuck cause he’d come in and just show videos of his dog herding sheep for and hour or talk about Dave Matthews band . I kid you not we spent and hour and a half watching the today show one day cause they were playing on it and getting interviewed. I still managed a 4 on the ap test somehow and actually that class is the reason I can transfer to a better school now that I’m trying to finish my degree.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #24 on: May 22, 2018, 10:24:26 PM »
Thanks for the compliments! Not an APUSH teacher, though I used to teach AP Government. Now I do alt ed...kids who either got kicked out of their old school or fell behind too far in credits.

I have a kid who loves asking me questions about random history shit, one time a kid asked him why he always asked me questions, his answer was something like “dude, getting hella high and learning about history is cool, its like learning about all the crazy shit that’s ever happened.” He got embarassed when he saw I heard the getting high part, but I had to hold back from saying “fuck yeah! Exactly!”
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

Billy Bitchcakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 476
  • Q U I T E S T Y L I S H
« Reply #25 on: May 23, 2018, 12:31:43 PM »
Who’s ms Marshall and what gate is she locking.
During sex to prevent myself from ejaculating I think about Osama Bin Laden running my dick through a sewing machine.

feedmeseymour

« Reply #26 on: May 24, 2018, 03:05:35 AM »
The fact that there is a thread, and people that give a shit enough about this little kid to speculate his Instagram stories is mind blowing.