Author Topic: Frontside Tailslides  (Read 10087 times)

lexington

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -13
Frontside Tailslides
« on: May 18, 2018, 04:03:01 PM »
Such a fun trick. Forgiving, yet sternly requiring commitment. Satisfying on all forms of terrain, whether ollied or slid into. I'll will always dream about the back tail, but after the dream I shall sleep well knowing frontside tailslides will always be there for me when I wake. God bless you, frontside tailslide.

planman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 371
  • Morpheus drinking a 40 in a death basket
Re: Frontside Tailslides
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2018, 04:07:18 PM »
A fun yet simple trick. Easier to get into on taller obstacles, and feel great to sit on. There's a nice ledge at one of my local parks that tricks me into thinking I'm actually good at them--it slides to beautifully.

I saw your mom do a ollie to cooch drop straight down the big black pole, it was gnarly. she defiantly shut that shit down

streetsoup

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -32
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2018, 04:12:06 PM »
Old faithful. One of the first tricks I did on a handrail other than a boardslide.
Recently started hanging out with his older brother backside. He's kind of flakey but we have fun together sometimes.

• Rep: -42
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2018, 04:19:03 PM »
I like popping out of a bank into fsts on a ledge
You can throw me on the double kink box and then watch the hate ignored like Constitution by the congressmen

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1568
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2018, 04:22:27 PM »
I'm great at stopping dead on this one....

redcurb12

• Rep: 29
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2018, 04:30:26 PM »
full speed front tails all day! i love this trick so much the rest of my board gets neglected
Let me preface this post with the fact that I am slightly inebriated, very uneducated and I havent read any papers or done any research at all, or read your post really.

Dorje Drolo

• Rep: -56
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2018, 04:40:53 PM »
Such a fun trick. Forgiving, yet sternly requiring commitment. Satisfying on all forms of terrain, whether ollied or slid into. I'll will always dream about the back tail, but after the dream I shall sleep well knowing frontside tailslides will always be there for me when I wake. God bless you, frontside tailslide.

Amen to that! The back tail has always been so elusive while the front tail is old faithful.

shark tits

« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2018, 05:01:34 PM »
i've said that fsts is my favorite trick before.
i learned bsts in 2014 or 2015 for a season before loosing em.
fsts is, as mentioned, old faithful.
not the biggest geyser in the basin but she's there when you need her.
and when you don't.
if you're having trouble sliding, push her to fakie.
in the late 90s, early 2000s i did them both ways but i'd often have trouble getting into them.
i made a conscious effort to always commit and push to fakie in like 07 i think and have been rocking bossanova ever since.

Bumpovertrash

« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2018, 08:49:28 PM »
front tail to fakie isnt bad you just jump all the way in
going to regular is alot harder to do properly
gotta extend that leg  and pop out

billyerlife

« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2018, 09:03:03 PM »
Sweet, I love frontside tailslides. I consider them to be solidly my wheelhouse, and have been for about 20 years, but I still stick on the damn things like 1 out of 5 times. I don't wax shit, strictly because I never have any wax, so that might be it, but to this day I don't know what I am doing different when I come to a complete stop and when I slide one ten feet. You ever see anyone do a 270 out to fakie, like come out regular but just keep going? I'm glad it doesn't happen often, but it's kind of a fun one.

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2018, 10:33:34 PM »
A fun yet simple trick. Easier to get into on taller obstacles, and feel great to sit on. There's a nice ledge at one of my local parks that tricks me into thinking I'm actually good at them--it slides to beautifully.
  Easier to get into on what?!   shit not for me      I can do them in a bowl and that's it pretty much it cept for curbs.
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

ogbawtawd

« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2018, 10:42:20 PM »
I can't do them shits, never did one on a ledge, only done a few on quarterpipes. Best one I did was when I trying to do a lipslide.

Lame_Nigga

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3
  • Just a lame nigga who can't kickflip
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2018, 10:45:21 PM »
For the fucking life of me I can't do them. I had them back in 2010-2012 but lost them. A good fsts fakie and then a fakie Tre is one of the smoothest two piece lines there is.

Betaphenylethylalamine

• Trade Count: (-2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -138
« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2018, 10:47:02 PM »
Love it! I've always had them fairly decent. It's super fun trick and def a go too for me.

Not quite as good feeling as the backtail but the backtail can be such a harsh bitch.

I can't do a single trick outta a front tail though, but that's cool. Regards or to fakie is good enough for this guy
Gentleman ninja warlock

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -718
« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2018, 11:32:41 PM »
Does not compute for me...

pile

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 178
  • sweet, man.
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2018, 11:46:35 PM »
i never understood them until i studied a few that brian anderson did. here's what i noted:

stare at the obstacle with a menacing look, crouch down further than you normally would (better to overshoot then to do the classic toe clip on the way up), use your arms/shoulders to swing into it, and you're chilling.

bawtawd5

• Rep: 134
« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2018, 11:50:31 PM »
I always stick show me da wey

Zurg

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2018, 02:30:02 AM »
You ever see anyone do a 270 out to fakie, like come out regular but just keep going? I'm glad it doesn't happen often, but it's kind of a fun one.

As you implied there’s a reason you don’t see it much. Pretty hard to make that look good and do sans pivot while rolling away with any speed.

Front tail was the first ledge trick I learnt after 5050s for some reason. Even when I have them down, I’ll eat shit on them once in a while. They either work well or go horribly wrong for me. I like doing them on inwall ledges because I am poosey and you can’t really go into lip and slam that way on those. Seems like a good way to learn em too, if you can find that kinda ledge. Rip commerce court in wall ledge

S.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 64
    • Fotos avatar image
« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2018, 02:46:45 AM »

I can do them OK, but even when I manage to hold them for more than 2 feet it never feels like I sit on them. I have wanted to do tricks out of tailslides for the longest time. It seems fairly simple to do a kickflip or a shove it out of a tailstall, but it has been impossible for me to kickflip out of a tailslide.

How the hell to you learn to hold and control a frontside tailslide?

shark tits

« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2018, 05:25:21 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I can do them OK, but even when I manage to hold them for more than 2 feet it never feels like I sit on them. I have wanted to do tricks out of tailslides for the longest time. It seems fairly simple to do a kickflip or a shove it out of a tailstall, but it has been impossible for me to kickflip out of a tailslide.

How the hell to you learn to hold and control a frontside tailslide?
go fast enough to keep momentum and lean into the ledge, like towards your pinky toe on the sliding foot.

roba

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 715
« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2018, 05:38:22 AM »
I'm great at stopping dead on this one....

i feel you
I'm ok with theft. It happens to me all the time.
I steal too

I’m rich and smart

R.I.P Tate

the snake

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 348
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2018, 07:25:56 AM »
I'm frontside tail slide man, faithfull trick of mine

Double Pegasus

• Rep: 6
« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2018, 08:27:45 AM »
love em but i have days when i just cant get the balance right

does anyone else have to consciously lift your heel to get backside ones to slide? cant help but feel i'm doing them wrong

Budo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 114
    • So What is Skateboarding? avatar image
« Reply #23 on: May 19, 2018, 08:48:12 AM »
i never understood them until i studied a few that brian anderson did. here's what i noted:

stare at the obstacle with a menacing look, crouch down further than you normally would (better to overshoot then to do the classic toe clip on the way up), use your arms/shoulders to swing into it, and you're chilling.

Hahahahah!  So good.

I always accidentally get into a tweaked 5-0, and when I have done them they have never slid properly.  I am now realizing this is a trick I should totally be able to do but have never taken to time to properly learn.  I need to do that.
Keep Rolling!

sowhatskateboarding.com
@OuRoot

feedmeseymour

« Reply #24 on: May 19, 2018, 08:53:44 AM »
Never done one on a box but oh how good they feel on a quarter involving no Ollie

ChuckRamone

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 523
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #25 on: May 19, 2018, 08:55:48 AM »
for a while I always went to fakie on them. then I practiced coming straight out of tail stalls and now I do short tailslides to regular rollaway. I want to be able to slide one really far. I figure it’s like when you lock into a really long noseslide. I just have to transfer that over to tailslides.

Double Pegasus

• Rep: 6
« Reply #26 on: May 19, 2018, 09:08:53 AM »
are there any more threads like this one? this is my favorite kind of skate discussion

the snake

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 348
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #27 on: May 19, 2018, 09:20:21 AM »
bigspin out works like a charm with them, never landed 270 or flip out

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -937
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #28 on: May 19, 2018, 09:22:09 AM »
I’ve been hella late 90’s lately and crooks and fromt tails have become the two go-tos for me
Frontside tailslides on banks are so fun. There’s something about the way the bank sticks out so your wheels have to screech along the bank that makes it so fucking satisfying. There are harder things I’ve tailslid, but banks are great. Also, tailslide to fakie on anything just feels good and right.
Back tails are moody but feel so cool when I can do them, front tails are just fun any time any place
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

shouldn't

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 73
« Reply #29 on: May 19, 2018, 09:28:42 AM »
honestly one of my favorite tricks to do. fun on every type of terrain but, i like doing them on transition the most. especially when it's just barely waxed and you stomp it down and lean back as hard as you can. get the nice squeaky sound like someone slammed on the breaks hauling ass in an old car.

imagine fucking the dog shit outta chris roberts