Author Topic: Who's riding 80s / 90s style boards regularly?  (Read 5568 times)

Davie Dick

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 14
Re: Who's riding 80s / 90s style boards regularly?
« Reply #30 on: May 22, 2018, 01:19:47 AM »
my trouble with shaped boards is i'll run bigger wheels and risers and then i'll burn through the tail quickly, it doesn't take long for the pop to feel weird and steep. That said it's all worth it for the sweet divey, boaty feeling

artskool

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 31
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #31 on: May 22, 2018, 08:27:29 AM »
I skated a shaped Polar deck for a while, and thought it looked beautiful and rode terribly. Now I'm on the Ed Templeton reissue of his first New Deal pro model. It actually skates pretty well, but the shape is pretty ugly once the novelty wears off. It's not even the actual shape of the original, just a weird one. Might be popsicle time again for me next.

NootNoot

« Reply #32 on: May 23, 2018, 12:04:58 AM »
Skating this and it’s not really functional for flip tricks. It’s so flat that landing on it after popping hurts my back I dunno why it’s hard to explain the concave is not an arc but instead very abrupt, nose is really small too and it widens at the front trucks for no reason, makes it hard cause 169 is too small at the front can’t see the axles but perfect at the back. But it’s fun for transition and cruising.
20mb image hosting
« Last Edit: May 23, 2018, 12:07:27 AM by NootNoot »