Author Topic: Scott Johnston Chromeball'd  (Read 4989 times)

cancelled

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -26
Re: Scott Johnston Chromeball'd
« Reply #30 on: May 20, 2018, 04:41:51 PM »
scott johnston is the illest.

Style Police

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 781
« Reply #31 on: May 20, 2018, 04:58:52 PM »
fs crook hubba in the first tricks here

Damn. Never seen this. Thanks for posting.

CHOW

• Rep: -6
  • ice like winnipeg
« Reply #32 on: May 21, 2018, 07:37:27 AM »
Scott Johnston is so dope, but now I want to learn more about Mad Circle. I'm a fan of 90s SF graffiti but I never realized that Twist was doing art for a skate company at the time. Dude is so talented.

handsclapanin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 285
« Reply #33 on: May 21, 2018, 08:17:40 AM »
Expand Quote
fs crook hubba in the first tricks here

[close]

Damn. Never seen this. Thanks for posting.

Me neither. Thanks Sniffer!
Drehobl's fs 360 attempt the Gonz was rad to see too after reading about it in his Chromeball interview a while back:

Rumor has it that you got on Think by trying to 360 ollie the Gonz Gap… is that true? Did you ever make that? And did you skate the Gonz Gap often back then?

The 360 attempt might have helped but really what happened was that I met Bryce Kanights at his ramp, Studio 43. We started skating and shooting photos together and he started to tell people about me. One day, I was skating his ramp and I had flat spots. Greg Carroll just came up and gave me a set of wheels, asking me to ride for Think. That was it. I'm sure you've skated with flatspots before and know how bad it sucks so I really didn't have a choice.

Amazing.

I wouldn't say I skated the Gonz gap often but I would jump down it every now and then. I did get to skate it with Gonz back when he kickflipped it. That was insane. Definitely a good one to have in the old memory bank.

I never made the 360 though. My foot slipped off my tail and I tore my MCL so I never wanted to try it again. Then, once my knee got better, I tried to switch ollie it. I landed on one but zipped out and hit my head. That was pretty much it for me and that gap.

Dorje Drolo

• Rep: -56
« Reply #34 on: May 21, 2018, 08:24:16 AM »
SJ's part in Mad Circle "Let the Horns Blow" is one of my favs. Always dug his skating.