Author Topic: Jeremie Daclin interview - what happened with Cliché, starting a Euro truck co  (Read 5602 times)

Free

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 16
« Last Edit: May 21, 2018, 06:05:42 AM by Free »

homegrown83

• Rep: -83
Great read! Still can't believe he picked Daniel Espinoza over Evan Smith.

ungzilla

talk about fuck-up-of-the-year

KoRnholio8

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1467
  • SkateMagArchive
    • SkateMagArchive avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
true lifer ... but I don't believe that the skate community can "enforce" the same culture and ideas forever ... the future is now, for better or for worse

artskool

• Rep: 30
I bought the cliche dvd box set many years ago based on the buzz on the slap boards. Skateboarding at that time was nonstop rail chomping. Cliche was such a breath of fresh air. Keen observation of his on Crailtap's strengths vs. the modern product timeline.

shannamal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 350
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
It's so annoying to hear about how pros don't want to film or market themselves. You have the best job in the world, the guy who pays you ask you to film a few tricks every now and then, and you get mad and leave? Wack.

i don’t think any of you are real, i think slap was invented by my mom to make me think people want to talk to me

Mcidraque

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 208
Great interview, it has everything SLAP material in it: euro tm's, fred gall, gonz, slappies, ginger stories... really liked the inside scoop on Wieger switch from enjoi to SMental. And the Cliché dvd boxset is a must on any decent collector. Great stuff

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 940
  • U neg cuz UR insecure-glad I got under your skin
What made you decide to start a truck company?
Because it’s been the same three or four truck companies on the market since forever… Nobody really ever gets paid for riding for them, even if you get a colourway or something, and I guess I want to build something with a team, go on tours, make videos… And to be honest it’s also that I love this industry. I love how passionate we all are, I love meeting and chatting to everyone involved in skating, that’s just how it is…

These days it’s trucks, before it was boards… I feel like what matters the most for you is to be able to keep doing cool stuff! Good luck with your new truck company and thanks for taking the time to do this!

Tyroneshoelaces

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -597
  • who knows
that box set is fucking amazing.  it even has brophy wigger footage in some of the bonus material. 

great interview, he is the man and i'm stoked that the gypsy tour video is online.
where is home?

roba

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 715
i would love to know how good are these trucks, they don't look too convincing to me because of the weird logo prints on the baseplate
I'm ok with theft. It happens to me all the time.
I steal too

I’m rich and smart

R.I.P Tate

MC3

• Rep: 124
  • "That's a Helluva price to pay for being stylish!"
Kinda rad what Wieger did
(Cool Trick GIF)

fergus

• Rep: 46
Bit of shade thrown on Pontus throughout this interview

Cosme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 507

ripndip makes boards!?

ungzilla

where's rob, there's another truck brand! RIP, the truck madness took him too soon.

Pete

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 754
  • Free Max B

ripndip makes boards!?
Weekend is ripndip skateboards. only brand I can think of cornier than wolf gang

Free max b
FREE MAX B

hey pickle

Expand Quote

ripndip makes boards!?
[close]
Weekend is ripndip skateboards. only brand I can think of cornier than wolf gang

Free max b

not true. two totally different companies. grant and ryan used to be friends but since that ripndip guy is a woman beating piece of shit, pretty sure grant cut all ties

also fuck max b

Sold Out

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 92

ripndip makes boards!?

yea they make a bunch of boards

cunter

• Rep: -6
sternum for life

MexicanSpaniard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 693
  • S&H
that pic of him wearing a nike shirt and nike shoes is gross, what is he on no board sponsor flow?

Pete

• SLAP Pal
  • Free Max B
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

ripndip makes boards!?
[close]

Free max b
[close]

not true. two totally different companies. grant and ryan used to be friends but since that ripndip guy is a woman beating piece of shit, pretty sure grant cut all ties

also fuck max b
You sound like you’re making that statement based on some bullshit you read on here. Both companies will forever be attached to one another, domestic violence terrible graphics, and the story about dill throwing weekend boards out of supreme and onto the street to be ran over.

Ps saying fuck max b just further proves how corny you are and therefore caping for those clowns. Let me guess, you’re a moron from Florida yourself?

Free max b
FREE MAX B

pabloalvarado

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -45
  • Elissa Steamer is a superstar.
So cool. I miss Cliche but Daclin is winning in life. Slappies are fantastic !

OldieButFrenchie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
stoked to see some recent footage, that was inspiring. I gotta find a slappy spot now....
and the stuff about Daurel was interesting too, I always wondered about him.

also I'm sorry to say that what I've learned about the industry in the last few days (wink wink nudge nudge) makes it seem all the more important to have local brands and not rely on California for shit. I buy boards rarely now but my last 2 were Magenta and Polar.

Final note: that Bon Appétit part is still one of my faves......and props for having the balls to use a Téléphone song Monsieur Daclin haha!!!

hey pickle

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

ripndip makes boards!?
[close]

Free max b
[close]

also fuck max b
[close]
You sound like you’re making that statement based on some bullshit you read on here. Both companies will forever be attached to one another, domestic violence terrible graphics, and the story about dill throwing weekend boards out of supreme and onto the street to be ran over.

Ps saying fuck max b just further proves how corny you are and therefore caping for those clowns. Let me guess, you’re a moron from Florida yourself?

Free max b

im making that statement based on facts, unlike yourself who just associates companies based on people who used to fuck with each other. did you guys know that isle and palace are the same company because all those dudes are friends from london?!

dills corny
supremes corny
youre corny

and i aint even from america

go back to folding t shirts at the skateshop

Dwyck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 150
  • Harley-Davidson Ironwing
stop lying on yansura's name he's violent he'll put a pop shuv boardslide in your ass, talking about WKNd and ripndip connected
Regular stance is a mental disorder defined by the DSM-5

bumpnrun

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 44
    • Fairways & Flips avatar image
So what is this story about domestic violence and Wknd?

nopes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 85
  • Bob loseedo wears a speedo

Pete

• SLAP Pal
  • Free Max B
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

ripndip makes boards!?
[close]

Free max b
[close]

also fuck max b
[close]

Free max b
[close]

im making that statement based on facts, unlike yourself who just associates companies based on people who used to fuck with each other. did you guys know that isle and palace are the same company because all those dudes are friends from london?!

dills corny
supremes corny
youre corny

and i aint even from america

go back to folding t shirts at the skateshop

Being from another country and caping for Florida is the corniest shit I heard of in a while. Hold that L forever lil dude.

Free max b.
FREE MAX B

Jared

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 59
  • Die Slow
Does anyone know if the Film trucks are good? I'd be down to try a pair if they don't suck.

harrison ford invented the first car, in America

bumpnrun

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 44
    • Fairways & Flips avatar image
Expand Quote
[close]

That sucks. Never bought anything ripndip, never will.

Cctv

• Rep: 2
Does anyone know if the Film trucks are good? I'd be down to try a pair if they don't suck.