Author Topic: Zumiez hate/banter and go......  (Read 8705 times)

Skate_lurker_Rob

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -48
  • Do it yourself or someone else will fuck it up!
Zumiez hate/banter and go......
« on: May 24, 2018, 07:33:43 AM »
So this is my opinion you guys can fire away I wont give a shit, I have worked in retail from skateboarding to core shops and womens wear. I currently work at a core shop as we speak but due to situations beyond my control I don't want to name names it is in the 561 area code and you guys can figure it out.

Zumiez and why I hate that store and never would buy shit from there, poor customer service, kooks behind the deck sales, shitty overpriced gear, and to me it seems like they're playing catch up to the rest of the world of skateboarding.

lets put it into context with core shops. the shop I work at has 5 at most different boards we sell Tum Yeto DLXSF NHS DWINDLE and a few smaller brands ie.... killing floor, magenta, quasi, and shop decks grip we 2 kinds Mob or shop which is Jessup trucks Thunder or Indys wheels spitfire or OJ's shoes we carry only a few Vans sk8 hi or Cons nothing more. yeah we aren't big and we do sell stuff but the product we sell is decent rad and cutting edge of what dudes in NYC and SF area are hyped on.

one thing that kills me about this rant/accusation I have caught dudes trying to price things up and refused service Zumiez is garbage and I fucking hate that place......
Sic Gorgiamus Allos Subjectatos Nunc

PPPPFFFFFFFFFFFTTTTT I fart on your pillow bare ass

ungzilla

Re: Zumiez hate/banter and go......
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2018, 07:53:34 AM »
controversial opinion, man

BMCsteve

• Rep: 54
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2018, 07:55:23 AM »
there are few things in life that I spend time thinking about less than Zumiez

MexicanSpaniard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 693
  • S&H
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2018, 07:56:24 AM »
I've seen some cute girls working there and some fat poser dudes working there

Mr. Fink

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2018, 07:57:34 AM »
Zumiez? More like Dumiez.

HugeBodBoyle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 685
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2018, 08:01:03 AM »
Sometimes they have killer deals on shoes. Other than that...I see no need.

cockrabbit

• Rep: -29
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2018, 08:05:22 AM »
i wish every mall would burn down

Skate_lurker_Rob

« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2018, 08:07:43 AM »
there are few things in life that I spend time thinking about less than Zumiez

Clearly this thread is better than shitposting of JJ being a Nazi, I mean you got anything better?

Narcissus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 301
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2018, 08:26:08 AM »
What's your beef with punctuation, tho?
i saw my grandma bail off a 4 set once in my house and she even got up and came to red lobster after.
Quote from: The Kitten!
get wasted and pass out.

offkilter

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 265
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2018, 08:28:08 AM »
My zumiez has a better selection of shoes and hard goods than any of my local shops. I've still never bought anything there, but I could see why the younger kids would.

straight

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 979
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2018, 08:31:06 AM »

punctuates like a zumiez employee
What kind of mikey taylor logic is this?

• Rep: -42
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2018, 08:35:36 AM »
I have two local shops. One is great, one sucks. Zumiez is in somewhere between them, but closer to the shit one. Hard to pass up on their web clearance section for clothes but I'll get my decks from the good shop. 

Zzz has put on more events in my area than the shit shop so take that how you will.
You can throw me on the double kink box and then watch the hate ignored like Constitution by the congressmen

Skate_lurker_Rob

« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2018, 08:40:23 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

punctuates like a zumiez employee
So what is this reddit all over again? Got anything better to bitch about then punctuation? 

coyote2425

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 128
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2018, 08:41:58 AM »
I worked one shift at a Zumiez in college because I needed a job, had an in, and thought "At least I'll be getting paid to put boards together."

Nope.

I didn't even go back for my check.

backinaction

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 277
« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2018, 08:47:41 AM »
I have not purchased any hardware there, but I will admit buying a pair of shoes when I started skating again.  I had stopped into a couple core shops and they pretty much had dick for selection, and the few shoes I was interested in were sold out in my size. Off to Zumiez, and they had a bunch of shoes I liked and full size runs. 

We have two locally owned shops in town, and Tactics opened here as well.  Tactics is less than a block from my office and I end up there more than the other ones.  They have good selection and support the local skate community. 

Ghost Face Nigga

• Rep: -34
  • Im black
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2018, 08:48:22 AM »
i worked at a zumiez for one week when i was younger. i needed extra cash so i thought id get a second job working there. NO ONE WHO WORKED THERE SKATED BUT ME. i thought "great, ive told them i skate and have been for a few years and ive expressed how i wanted to work in the skate section specifically".

so on my first day, the manager is like "hey grab your favorite t-shirt" and im think "hold up am i bout to get free merch!?" (mind you im a teenager at the time, so this seems logical in my head) then the manager lady tells me to "toss it over your sholder and when a customer comes in you can use it as a selling point, mention how this is your fav tee and why you like it"  so i thought ok whatever, thats really fucking corny but retail is 99.9% of the time people being corny to sell product, so i was like whatever ima just hang this dumbass tee over my shoulder while i set up boards, so as im walking back to the skate section the manager is like "no no no, come back i want you to stand infront here of the store, alex (some fucking mop top fucking dickweed who cant skate, and was into skiing) will be working the skate section"

my fucking jaw dropped and it was like this for the next two shifts i worked, i saw this fucking jerkoff alex put the trucks on the wrong way, fuck up griping boards several times, tell someone to pick a board out by which color they like the most, and the icing on the cake was when this dude said "the skate section should be smaller and they need to bring in more snowboarding stuff since the store was located in the north east" and the manager looked this dude dead in his shit and said "your a thinker!"

after that i stopped showing up. it wasnt worth it. i just sold some weed for a lil and made the extra cash i needed at the time. i havent really stepped in there since, i walked by once and saw one of the other dickhead managers there and i mouthed fuck you to him when he saw me just for fun.
Horny 2 Skate

feedmeseymour

« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2018, 08:51:17 AM »
so many new users, making so many interesting and insightful threads.

Pigeon

« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2018, 09:17:52 AM »
So, you can hypothetically try on a pair of clearance shoes, leave your old shoes in the shoebox, put the box back in the sales pile, and walk out. It works better with slip-ons.

MC3

• Rep: 124
  • "That's a Helluva price to pay for being stylish!"
« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2018, 10:39:30 AM »
Walked into Zumiez one day with my board and some chick with a tongue piercing asked how my griptape was holding up
(Cool Trick GIF)

Hmmmm Nice Bike

« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2018, 11:14:28 AM »
I used to buy Toy Machine decks from Zumiez because for some reason my local shop wouldn't sell them and plus most people who hung around the shop were jerks. Then when I got older I would go to get two $30 decks instead of one $60 dollar deck.

drunkenshredder

• Rep: -135
« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2018, 11:20:53 AM »
Zumiez? More like Dumiez.

Got EM!!! haha M Fink

Ghost Face Nigga

• Rep: -34
  • Im black
« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2018, 11:37:42 AM »
Walked into Zumiez one day with my board and some chick with a tongue piercing asked how my griptape was holding up

i swear this is EVERYONE who works there. they use these wild dumb sales tatics. they really be like this...

Horny 2 Skate

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3289
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #22 on: May 24, 2018, 11:47:51 AM »
Zumies is such a wonderful name for a store because if you think about it it's like li'l kids zooming around on stakedorbs and rollerblades and maybe even scooters and just hearing the name you can just picture them zooming everywhere and just basically thrashin' all over the place! YEAH!!!!

ManMelt

« Reply #23 on: May 24, 2018, 11:59:19 AM »
So, you can hypothetically try on a pair of clearance shoes, leave your old shoes in the shoebox, put the box back in the sales pile, and walk out. It works better with slip-ons.
I’ve definitely left them some shitty grass cutting shoes in the box, and walked out with some crispy clearance shoes. I used to shoplift quite a bunch from them, when I was younger and dumber. They did catch me one time stealing a backpack with another backpack stuffed inside. The girl told me to wait with her while they called security, but I just left. Haven’t been back since.

ogbawtawd

« Reply #24 on: May 24, 2018, 12:01:32 PM »
Cinnabun > Hot topic > zumiez > spencers > journeys > pacsun

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3289
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #25 on: May 24, 2018, 12:07:58 PM »
Cinnabun > Hot topic > zumiez > spencers > journeys > pacsun

This is objectively wrong because you can only buy fundies at one of these places and that place should be at the top of the list.

NootNoot

« Reply #26 on: May 24, 2018, 12:15:27 PM »
i worked at a zumiez for one week when i was younger. i needed extra cash so i thought id get a second job working there. NO ONE WHO WORKED THERE SKATED BUT ME. i thought "great, ive told them i skate and have been for a few years and ive expressed how i wanted to work in the skate section specifically".

so on my first day, the manager is like "hey grab your favorite t-shirt" and im think "hold up am i bout to get free merch!?" (mind you im a teenager at the time, so this seems logical in my head) then the manager lady tells me to "toss it over your sholder and when a customer comes in you can use it as a selling point, mention how this is your fav tee and why you like it"  so i thought ok whatever, thats really fucking corny but retail is 99.9% of the time people being corny to sell product, so i was like whatever ima just hang this dumbass tee over my shoulder while i set up boards, so as im walking back to the skate section the manager is like "no no no, come back i want you to stand infront here of the store, alex (some fucking mop top fucking dickweed who cant skate, and was into skiing) will be working the skate section"

my fucking jaw dropped and it was like this for the next two shifts i worked, i saw this fucking jerkoff alex put the trucks on the wrong way, fuck up griping boards several times, tell someone to pick a board out by which color they like the most, and the icing on the cake was when this dude said "the skate section should be smaller and they need to bring in more snowboarding stuff since the store was located in the north east" and the manager looked this dude dead in his shit and said "your a thinker!"

after that i stopped showing up. it wasnt worth it. i just sold some weed for a lil and made the extra cash i needed at the time. i havent really stepped in there since, i walked by once and saw one of the other dickhead managers there and i mouthed fuck you to him when he saw me just for fun.
Mostly agree with you and zumiez sucks except for one thing, if you are in zumiez and grabbing your first ever board you may as well go by which graphic you like. You won’t notice any preferences and there’s no concrete sizing rules, may as well pick something you will be excited to look down at, as long as the truck and board sizing is proper I tell noobs at my shop the same thing, go by what excites you. Also not sure why you were surprised that you got the shittiest job as the new guy. They truly don’t give a fuck if you skate that doesn’t count as “experience”.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2018, 12:17:07 PM by NootNoot »

feedmeseymour

« Reply #27 on: May 24, 2018, 12:17:20 PM »
one time while buying a backpack the kid behind the counter asked me "so what are you gonna do with this?"

i didnt know what to say besides "uh put stuff in it, and wear it on my back?"

Hacksaw Jim Duggan

• Rep: 6
« Reply #28 on: May 24, 2018, 12:21:38 PM »

So, how was your griptape holding up? I assumed it warranted questioning.

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1034
« Reply #29 on: May 24, 2018, 12:32:07 PM »