Author Topic: Zumiez hate/banter and go......  (Read 8702 times)

curbdrop

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 3
Re: Zumiez hate/banter and go......
« Reply #30 on: May 24, 2018, 12:35:15 PM »
You work at Shred Shed, huh?

el chino

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -375
  • ants suck!
« Reply #31 on: May 24, 2018, 12:56:47 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
What's your beef with punctuation, tho?
[close]

punctuates like a zumiez employee
[close]
So what is this reddit all over again? Got anything better to bitch about then punctuation?
39 posts? You aint got right to shit on anyone yet, you fucking newbie.
Focus your shit.
<iframe class="imgur-album" width="100%" height="550" frameborder="0" src="http://imgur.com/a/8ph4y/embed"></iframe>

Ghost Face Nigga

• Rep: -34
  • Im black
« Reply #32 on: May 24, 2018, 01:02:41 PM »
Expand Quote
i worked at a zumiez for one week when i was younger. i needed extra cash so i thought id get a second job working there. NO ONE WHO WORKED THERE SKATED BUT ME. i thought "great, ive told them i skate and have been for a few years and ive expressed how i wanted to work in the skate section specifically".

so on my first day, the manager is like "hey grab your favorite t-shirt" and im think "hold up am i bout to get free merch!?" (mind you im a teenager at the time, so this seems logical in my head) then the manager lady tells me to "toss it over your sholder and when a customer comes in you can use it as a selling point, mention how this is your fav tee and why you like it"  so i thought ok whatever, thats really fucking corny but retail is 99.9% of the time people being corny to sell product, so i was like whatever ima just hang this dumbass tee over my shoulder while i set up boards, so as im walking back to the skate section the manager is like "no no no, come back i want you to stand infront here of the store, alex (some fucking mop top fucking dickweed who cant skate, and was into skiing) will be working the skate section"

my fucking jaw dropped and it was like this for the next two shifts i worked, i saw this fucking jerkoff alex put the trucks on the wrong way, fuck up griping boards several times, tell someone to pick a board out by which color they like the most, and the icing on the cake was when this dude said "the skate section should be smaller and they need to bring in more snowboarding stuff since the store was located in the north east" and the manager looked this dude dead in his shit and said "your a thinker!"

after that i stopped showing up. it wasnt worth it. i just sold some weed for a lil and made the extra cash i needed at the time. i havent really stepped in there since, i walked by once and saw one of the other dickhead managers there and i mouthed fuck you to him when he saw me just for fun.
[close]
Also not sure why you were surprised that you got the shittiest job as the new guy. They truly don’t give a fuck if you skate that doesn’t count as “experience”.

yeah, mind you i was 19 at the time, i had only worked like 2 other retail job prior to that and one was in the stock room and the other was a cashier at kmart. so i had little clue what to really expect, i never really worked the "floor". i had told them specifically why i wanted to work there; to work in the skate dept, so idk why they expected i was going do everything BUT that. i agree tho i was pretty foolish to think that me being able to kickflip means anything in sales lolol. luckly i had already had a job and i was just doing it to earn some extra cash for a trip.
Horny 2 Skate

Mcfctid

« Reply #33 on: May 24, 2018, 01:13:35 PM »
The one near me seems to only employ kids who were really cool/ edgy in high school.  No customer service, and for the most part,  just straight up rude. I do order things online and sometimes just do the free in store shipping ($15 for a pair of state mercers).  I walk in and out as fast as humanly possible. Though one time I did walk in and the entire staff was trying to do some synchronized dance for someone's ig. I was told the store is closed (it was 5pm on a Wednesday), after calling their customer service line all I got was "dude that sucks"

Long story short,  I dunno how they are in business

wikileaks

« Reply #34 on: May 24, 2018, 01:20:09 PM »
I work for a skate distribution company and I can tell you first hand zumiez is a big reason why were still in business. they pick up at least 2-3 pallets of product from us every week which is a lot of product and a lot of money. Sure they have kooks who work there but some of the shops myself and my coworkers talk to dont know shit about skating. most shops are some old dude who thought he could strike it rich with opening a skateshop and doesnt know the first thing about the industry. im not saying fuck core shops by any means but im not saying fuck zumiez either because they employ a lot of skater and they also buy huge amounts of products from actual skate companies that are the skate industry and employ skaters and keep skateboarding alive.

Ghost Face Nigga

• Im black
« Reply #35 on: May 24, 2018, 01:29:02 PM »
I work for a skate distribution company and I can tell you first hand zumiez is a big reason why were still in business. they pick up at least 2-3 pallets of product from us every week which is a lot of product and a lot of money. Sure they have kooks who work there but some of the shops myself and my coworkers talk to dont know shit about skating. most shops are some old dude who thought he could strike it rich with opening a skateshop and doesnt know the first thing about the industry. im not saying fuck core shops by any means but im not saying fuck zumiez either because they employ a lot of skater and they also buy huge amounts of products from actual skate companies that are the skate industry and employ skaters and keep skateboarding alive.

thats interesting. its still a wack as fuck place to work haha. but they can keep doing them. i know in some places zumies is the closest thing to a skateshop for some people. the one i worked at was kinda like that. i look at zumiez no different from ccs. theirs a place for them i guess. and like someone also said zumies be doing more for SOME local skate scene then the skateshops in those communities. 
Horny 2 Skate

Hacksaw Jim Duggan

• Rep: 6
« Reply #36 on: May 24, 2018, 01:45:16 PM »
Recently moved to Dallas and Index closed so it’s all we got... I try my best to save my purchases for when I’m in Houston (Select) or Austin (No Comply) but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do.

Went to the Vans in the mall once and they wouldn’t let me grip my board bc of a “no razors in customers hands” policy and the guy working there put the FATTEST crease on my nose with Mob nonetheless.

Bristol_Palin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 496
« Reply #37 on: May 24, 2018, 01:46:40 PM »
Walked into Zumiez one day with my board and some chick with a tongue piercing asked how my griptape was holding up

I giggled pretty good at this.

I am literally terrified of malls. I get crazy anxiety whenever I am in one. That being said whenever it's holiday season or around a family members birthday and I have to go to one, I'll peer into the zumiez and this is the impression I get of the employees.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QgXObaM9i2Q

homegrown83

• Rep: -83
« Reply #38 on: May 24, 2018, 01:51:22 PM »
Would it shock you guys if I told you that long ago I went to a Zumiez to buy Emerica's "This is Skateboarding" and one of the employees told me to buy Tiltmode Army's "Man Down" instead? Of course, I was 13 or 14 and ignored him because I wanted to watch Andrew Reynolds instead but I wouldn't watch Man Down for years and was blown away by how good it was. First time a Zumiez employee was right.

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3287
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #39 on: May 24, 2018, 01:56:13 PM »
Would it shock you guys if I told you that long ago I went to a Zumiez to buy Emerica's "This is Skateboarding" and one of the employees told me to buy Tiltmode Army's "Man Down" instead? Of course, I was 13 or 14 and ignored him because I wanted to watch Andrew Reynolds instead but I wouldn't watch Man Down for years and was blown away by how good it was. First Only time a Zumiez employee was right.

Skate_lurker_Rob

• Rep: -48
  • Do it yourself or someone else will fuck it up!
« Reply #40 on: May 24, 2018, 03:34:22 PM »
No.......south
Sic Gorgiamus Allos Subjectatos Nunc

PPPPFFFFFFFFFFFTTTTT I fart on your pillow bare ass

Skate_lurker_Rob

« Reply #41 on: May 24, 2018, 03:42:48 PM »
Recently moved to Dallas and Index closed so it’s all we got... I try my best to save my purchases for when I’m in Houston (Select) or Austin (No Comply) but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do.

Went to the Vans in the mall once and they wouldn’t let me grip my board bc of a “no razors in customers hands” policy and the guy working there put the FATTEST crease on my nose with Mob nonetheless.

This is fighting words wtf is wrong with kooks I have said it before Zumiez is for kooks and online shoppers who either dont have a shop near them or they find a decent deal yeah my old lady worked at Starbucks for a time and she asked my size for a complete and rude customer service she got about everything right but she saw a deal and it's not my money. just I wouldn't shop there personally. they don't get a dime from me.

expired

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 73
« Reply #42 on: May 24, 2018, 03:45:39 PM »
I like there online sales and its the only place that has states in my city.

Tommy G

• Rep: -14
« Reply #43 on: May 24, 2018, 08:56:54 PM »

Had the same thing happen to me at the Zumiez in Tupelo. Some big dude in his 30's said "Sorry, can't let you do that because of liability laws." I'm over here thinking, "dude, I've been gripping boards for years, I can do way better than you. Needless to say I was salty and my friend broke that board in 30 minutes (it was a GoodWood and he made a dumbass decision). Liability laws my ass.

Tommy G

• Rep: -14
« Reply #44 on: May 24, 2018, 08:59:04 PM »
I feel bad for the guys up in Northern Miss, though. Closest skateshop anywhere is 2-3 hours away and the only "skate shop" is some boat shop that sells boards for way more than they're worth. Zumiez is the only option and even then my homie and I have had trouble with them because of their shitty service.

poser666

• Rep: -64
« Reply #45 on: May 24, 2018, 09:52:46 PM »
zumiez is garbage but a few years ago i had a whole shop fiend out for that blow..id come thru serve a few grams everyday on them weirdos

DirtyBurger

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 116
« Reply #46 on: May 24, 2018, 09:53:58 PM »
I've had this internal argument over Zumiez for about 10 years now. They suck, plain and simple, but like previously mentioned for most young people in the mid-west getting into skating it's their only option as far as trying on shoes and seeing different board sizes in person. I've accepted that skate shops are a dying business, but the ones that focused more on an online presence like Tactics or the Skatepark of Tampa kind of paved the way for the rise of Zumiez. They had a brick and mortar store where you could see all of this product in person, but they also offered an online store for people that didn't have that luxury. Zumiez had a store in every mall in America at one point, so of course children without a local shop would choose the widely known place online for cheaper shit. So if we're speaking of skate shops as a business they're pretty smart. Luckily I live in Kansas City and Escapist is one of the best shops I've been to. They'll be doing great things for the community, and I'll always support them first, but I have fallen prey to Zumiez crazy online sales. I bought three pairs of shoes for under $15 and I felt greasy doing it, but still. I also feel that their corny staff is kind of responsible for the weird youtube skateboard craze. They're so corporate and cheesy and these young kids got all hyper and excited. When I was younger at a shop, you kind of knew your place, if you did or said something stupid you got called out on it by the employees. Sorry I'm rambling. Zumiez is lame.

Adolescent Death

• Rep: -5
« Reply #47 on: May 24, 2018, 10:46:37 PM »
Zumiez is for turds.

CHONGO

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 28
    • tumblr avatar image
« Reply #48 on: May 25, 2018, 01:26:32 AM »
I worked one shift at a Zumiez in college because I needed a job, had an in, and thought "At least I'll be getting paid to put boards together."

Nope.

I didn't even go back for my check.

cosmicgypsies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 626
« Reply #49 on: May 25, 2018, 02:28:32 AM »
zumiez is garbage but a few years ago i had a whole shop fiend out for that blow..id come thru serve a few grams everyday on them weirdos

alright calm down tony mate

lampshade

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 132
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #50 on: May 25, 2018, 03:17:35 AM »
Zumiez is whatever.  I drop in the two or three times a year I'm at the mall.  Some of their clearance stuff is great.   

roba

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 713
« Reply #51 on: May 25, 2018, 03:33:29 AM »
so many new users, making so many interesting and insightful threads.
I'm ok with theft. It happens to me all the time.
I steal too

I’m rich and smart

R.I.P Tate

ziggy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -222
« Reply #52 on: May 25, 2018, 04:29:04 AM »
I mean it's cool if you like Instagram more than skateboarding

lilboosie

• Rep: 226
« Reply #53 on: May 25, 2018, 09:12:36 AM »
yall heard of copelands boardshop tho?

curbdrop

• Rep: 3
« Reply #54 on: May 25, 2018, 09:17:16 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
No.......south

Was gonna say IWS at first but I think they carry more stuff than you mentioned, yeah?

Skate_lurker_Rob

« Reply #55 on: May 25, 2018, 10:53:48 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
No.......south
[close]

Was gonna say IWS at first but I think they carry more stuff than you mentioned, yeah?

Ft Luaderdale area

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 937
  • U neg cuz UR insecure-glad I got under your skin
« Reply #56 on: May 25, 2018, 11:17:09 AM »
Shoe sales only BUT I did buy wheels there once as they were super close (after a wheel fell off and rolled down a fucking storm drain).

johnes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -237
« Reply #57 on: May 25, 2018, 11:31:31 AM »
I have a close friend who stole 3 sets of bones Swiss from an open case at zumiez, returned 1 set to a dif location, got a deck. Returned another set to another location and got wheels and a hat.
Score: Swiss bones, deck,wheels, hat.
Zumiez - 0
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

Skate_lurker_Rob

« Reply #58 on: May 25, 2018, 11:45:37 AM »
I have a close friend who stole 3 sets of bones Swiss from an open case at zumiez, returned 1 set to a dif location, got a deck. Returned another set to another location and got wheels and a hat.
Score: Swiss bones, deck,wheels, hat.
Zumiez - 0

Nice good stuff to get away with.....what a hustle.

Budgie Lasek

« Reply #59 on: May 25, 2018, 12:22:35 PM »

I worked in distribution for years, and the corpo chains like Zumiez were the biggest pain in the asses to deal with. Most of them have crazy requirements for the product you send them, such as - making you print and then place Zumiez shop labels on every single item before it's packed (like, seriously? WTF are the shop employees even doing? That's 100% their job), packing items into a million separate boxes to make things easier for their idiot employees to receive, they get huge discounts and priority on all product because of volume purchasing (often making new product unavailable for core shops to buy), placing specific labels on every box with far more detail than needs to be on them, and pinning every order to an unreasonable cancel date that is always the same day the product arrives at the distro, so that they can try to argue the price down more. Fuck them all. Zumiez. West 49. Boathouse. Whatever. If you work in a skate distro the corpo shops make you their bitch and your bosses will keep sucking their dicks because of the money.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2018, 12:24:19 PM by Budgie Lasek »