Author Topic: SB Dunk High Sizing  (Read 6715 times)

calvinsdream

SB Dunk High Sizing
« on: May 24, 2018, 09:14:43 AM »
I've been debating picking up the BA Dunk Highs, but I haven't been able to find any in my size, although I can find half sizes bigger and smaller than my regular true to fit size.

Size up or down?

Turtle Boy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 169
Re: SB Dunk High Sizing
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2018, 09:36:16 AM »
I've been debating picking up the BA Dunk Highs, but I haven't been able to find any in my size, although I can find half sizes bigger and smaller than my regular true to fit size.

Size up or down?
they are TTS, it doesn't help, but either get another colorway or another shoe.
If you are not planning on skating them get half size bigger

tzhangdox

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 518
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2018, 11:07:15 AM »
I find that with dunk highs I usually have some free room in the toe area, so I would go half size down. Then again I also like my shoes to fit snug.

Pastasash

• Rep: 61
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2018, 11:59:22 AM »
I have a bunch of dunk highs and lows that i collect and wear, they are deff true to size. The few times i bought some half a size down it was too sung even to wear casually. And the last time i skated a pair was the Beijing lows and they were half a size up and it didnt bother me to wear or skate in.

So i would say go half a size up if you cant find them in your size

carbonite

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 490
    • frozen in carbonite avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2018, 02:14:17 PM »
TTS and i have a wide-ass caveman foot

TheBoognish

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 129
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2018, 04:10:34 PM »
The more recent Hi's feel tighter on my feet than the older ones.

Length-wise, I find they're true to size, just a bit snug. Not as bad as the more recent Lo's though.

GardenSkater77

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1035
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2018, 09:33:26 PM »
Wider than every other Nike and all adidas. Great shoe for the tall/Bigfoot crowd ala BA. I would say very comparable to Vans hi tops as I have both. The only issue I have is my damn flat feet rub on the inside arch which is cut a little more narrow than I like. Also, I didn’t enjoy skating them until I cut off the upper lace straps that just serve to make the shoes more bulky than they need to be, which gives the shoe a slimmer look and allows for slightly more flick. These are the hardest shoes to break in but the last forever. Just buy thinner insoles for better board feel.

CrumblingInfrastructure

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 289
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2018, 10:52:51 PM »
Are you talking about the BA/AH ones? I picked up a pair I always buy 9.5 in any shoe (Vans, Es, Nike). Im currently skating Es Accel slims at 9.5 they are more snug and have slightly less room in the toe then the BA's. But to be honest i've only skated maybe 4 hours in the BA's and they're already showing more wear then any pair of shoes i've skated in. The leather used is super soft so it doesnt deal with the abraision from griptape very well and i'm starting to get fiber strands coming off around the collar of the shoe. They're super comfy and the first pair (and probably last) of nikes i've ever bought but they're definitely more of a walk around shoe for me then a skate shoe. I'm also not able to skate much (dealing with some joint issues) so when I say I skated 4 hours in the pair that means mostly just pushing and maybe 20 gross ass ollies and i'm already seeing wear and tear.

calvinsdream

« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2018, 08:16:04 AM »
Are you talking about the BA/AH ones? I picked up a pair I always buy 9.5 in any shoe (Vans, Es, Nike). Im currently skating Es Accel slims at 9.5 they are more snug and have slightly less room in the toe then the BA's. But to be honest i've only skated maybe 4 hours in the BA's and they're already showing more wear then any pair of shoes i've skated in. The leather used is super soft so it doesnt deal with the abraision from griptape very well and i'm starting to get fiber strands coming off around the collar of the shoe. They're super comfy and the first pair (and probably last) of nikes i've ever bought but they're definitely more of a walk around shoe for me then a skate shoe. I'm also not able to skate much (dealing with some joint issues) so when I say I skated 4 hours in the pair that means mostly just pushing and maybe 20 gross ass ollies and i'm already seeing wear and tear.

Ah thanks, that's helpful. Those were the ones I was thinking off. I might just pick up some sale dunk highs and see how I like them to skate in and to check the sizing.

Makaveli

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -606
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2018, 05:48:08 PM »
I've found that Dunk sizing is all over the place, varying from colorway to colorway. I'm an 11.5 in most shoes. I have multiple pairs of dunks, some in size 12 some in 10.5. I'd recommend trying them on first.
I’m a ghost that everyone can see.

Deekay

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2018, 06:21:31 PM »
The more recent Hi's feel tighter on my feet than the older ones.

Length-wise, I find they're true to size, just a bit snug. Not as bad as the more recent Lo's though.

This, and I think length-wise too. I use to wear 8.5 in mids and highs and then I didn't wear dunks for a while but recently picked up another pair. I ordered the 8.5 again but they're kinda too small-ish now.

yourfuckingdad

• Rep: -7
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2018, 02:01:27 PM »
i recently got some sb high tops from like 10 years ago and they run a little big in the toe.

anyone got tips for getting them to not slide off my feet without tying them super tight?
I really wanna skate them but i can't move my ankle if they're tied tight enough to not slip a little in the heel (which i can't stand).

is there something i can put in them?

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2018, 10:45:22 PM »
i recently got some sb high tops from like 10 years ago and they run a little big in the toe.

anyone got tips for getting them to not slide off my feet without tying them super tight?
I really wanna skate them but i can't move my ankle if they're tied tight enough to not slip a little in the heel (which i can't stand).

is there something i can put in them?

I did this a few years ago:
Project BA's:
The suede stretched and they started feeling a little big so I trimmed an old BA insole I had from the previous pair and made like a pillow on the back of my heel, stitched to the current one that moves my foot forward a little bit, making them fit a lot better now.

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP