Author Topic: Favorite 8.75 BBS right now  (Read 1868 times)

231st Street

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -194
Favorite 8.75 BBS right now
« on: December 19, 2022, 11:40:58 AM »
Anyone have suggestions for 8.75 BBS pressed boards with larger nose similar to Alien 8.75.

BartHarleyJarvis

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1109
  • What, me worry?
Re: Favorite 8.75 BBS right now
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2022, 11:47:52 AM »
Anyone have suggestions for 8.75 BBS pressed boards with larger nose similar to Alien 8.75.

I've been really pleasantly surprised by the 8.75 hockey I just bought in the warehouse sale. Feels great and the tail feels much better than the tiny tail the 8.5s have

babywantsbluevelvet

• Rep: 36
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2022, 01:01:21 PM »
Black Label 8.75 is nicely in between something squared out like Hockey and a normal AH in my experience.

backinaction

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 279
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2022, 01:42:30 PM »

https://www.tactics.com/anti-hero/classic-eagle-875-skateboard-deck

WIDTH (IN):           8.75
LENGTH (IN):           32.75
WHEELBASE (IN):   14.62
NOSE (IN):           7.25
TAIL (IN):                   6.625
CONCAVE (IN):           .375

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2022, 03:43:37 PM »

https://www.tactics.com/anti-hero/classic-eagle-875-skateboard-deck

WIDTH (IN):           8.75
LENGTH (IN):           32.75
WHEELBASE (IN):   14.62
NOSE (IN):           7.25
TAIL (IN):                   6.625
CONCAVE (IN):           .375

This is a good board. Very balanced shape. Just skated one and I really can’t find anything to complain about when I think of it. Maybe I should just go back instead of skating all these crazy shapes I’ve been skating since. 😮

Mbrimson88

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1019
  • Just another skate shop guy
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2022, 04:55:35 PM »

Do you have a preference for wheelbase?

Eg the Alien boards are all short 14.25 wheelbase, but many other 8.75 boards are longer / longer wheelbases, such as the DLX / AH white eagle, which is 14.62 wb, which I like but you might not.

Polar 8.75 is another one with what I feel is a very big nose and quite a small tail, but it is only 14.38 wb which might be more what you are after.

Heroin are not particularly long, but I haven't seen one in person to be able to give you a true size recommendation.

All those above are good options too.

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

backinaction

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 279
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2022, 08:11:00 PM »

This is a good board. Very balanced shape. Just skated one and I really can’t find anything to complain about when I think of it. Maybe I should just go back instead of skating all these crazy shapes I’ve been skating since. 😮

Right before that I had a Blue Meanie 8.75 and I loved it - but only skated it a handful of times before I snapped it by not landing bolts on a flyout.

Then I ran the Eagle for a long time as my bigger board and it was great.  Nice fat nose, good wheelbase and tail for it's size.  I could get decent ollie height and it flipped pretty well too (Indy hollow forged with 1/10" risers and 55mm wheels). 

When I retired it I found another Blue Meanie, but it turns out I like the Eagle better.  Fatter nose and a fuller tail.  I'm probably going to stick with them (or a Krooked Eyes, or Real whatever is the same shape) for all of my 8.75 boards going forward. 

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2022, 09:45:26 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Right before that I had a Blue Meanie 8.75 and I loved it - but only skated it a handful of times before I snapped it by not landing bolts on a flyout.

Then I ran the Eagle for a long time as my bigger board and it was great.  Nice fat nose, good wheelbase and tail for it's size.  I could get decent ollie height and it flipped pretty well too (Indy hollow forged with 1/10" risers and 55mm wheels). 

When I retired it I found another Blue Meanie, but it turns out I like the Eagle better.  Fatter nose and a fuller tail.  I'm probably going to stick with them (or a Krooked Eyes, or Real whatever is the same shape) for all of my 8.75 boards going forward.

I skated a Blue Meanie last winter and loved it so much that I got two more. The two I got have been sitting in the stack ever since. It’s a very functional shape. The nose is a bit skinny like you mentioned. That was probably the only gripe I had about it. Pop feel was super hefty but consistently good. The DLX 8.75” might be a better deck all around for me as well but somehow I’m drawn to these more special shapes even though they might not benefit my skating in any way.  ???

231st Street

• Rep: -194
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2022, 03:19:55 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Eg the Alien boards are all short 14.25 wheelbase, but many other 8.75 boards are longer / longer wheelbases, such as the DLX / AH white eagle, which is 14.62 wb, which I like but you might not.

Polar 8.75 is another one with what I feel is a very big nose and quite a small tail, but it is only 14.38 wb which might be more what you are after.

Heroin are not particularly long, but I haven't seen one in person to be able to give you a true size recommendation.

Good point-- I really like 14.25 on a big board (could maybe even do 14, but haven't done that on a > 8 board before I don't think).  Thats why I think I've had success on the alien as it feels comfy but still not huge. 

juniormint

• Rep: 140
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2022, 04:00:39 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Good point-- I really like 14.25 on a big board (could maybe even do 14, but haven't done that on a > 8 board before I don't think).  Thats why I think I've had success on the alien as it feels comfy but still not huge.

Yeah the Alien 8.75 is such a good board, i think because of the nice generous tail. There’s the mis rego anti hero eagle 8.75 with a 14.25. But it is a fair bit shorter than the alien, so depending on how you long of a tail you prefer it may work for you.

GumOnMyGrip

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • Rep: 221
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2022, 04:10:54 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I’ve got A Heroin Zane 8.75 razor concave. It’s got a monster nose.

spacial_profiling

• Rep: -88
« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2022, 07:01:08 PM »
I swear by 8.75 Polar’s.

YeoWhattup

• Rep: 22
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2022, 01:04:26 PM »
I have a buddy that only rides 8.75 polars

Mbrimson88

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1019
  • Just another skate shop guy
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2022, 02:46:38 PM »
I swear by 8.75 Polar’s.

Do you ever find the tail a bit small?

I guess I am used to more transition based skating, even though I do skate everything and the two Polar 8.75 boards I have seemed to not last half as long as the tail was just short right from go.

Others I know also ride them and some like them, some do not, mainly for the same reason - short tapered tails.

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

144p

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1058
    • 35th Ave Skates avatar image
« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2022, 04:34:38 PM »
The heroin 8.75 has a 6 5/8 tail and a 7 3/8 nose. Not very balanced.
Polar 8.75 has a football like tail, pretty pointed and shorter than the longer antihero ones.
The hockey and black label 8.75’s have a 14.5 wb with a fuller shape.
Generator 8.75 is more square nosed than the bbs one. Very similar dimensions in length/wb etc.

FatGuy92

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 576
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2022, 04:49:25 PM »
I had a lot of fun on a Polar 8.75 popsicle I got a couple years back. Tried it with both Indy 159 titanium and Ace 55 classics. Definitely hard to flip around, but I liked it a lot for ledge skating.

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1303
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2022, 05:45:40 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

You probably want to look at the 8.75 Anti Hero with the 14.25 wb then. I believe the current graphic is the Misregistered Eagle. It's been available for about a year now and has been kept in the line very consistently so far.
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.