Author Topic: the most expensive property that you've destroyed while skating?  (Read 8604 times)

Dwyck

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 150
  • Harley-Davidson Ironwing
Re: the most expensive property that you've destroyed while skating?
« Reply #30 on: May 26, 2018, 01:50:11 PM »
If skating past an expensive car dealer and flicking my cigarette into a drop top Lamborghini counts

class war!
Regular stance is a mental disorder defined by the DSM-5

Sick Duck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 88
« Reply #31 on: May 26, 2018, 01:53:49 PM »
Window at a restaurant with a bank against the wall when i was like 15 and a pool light when I was maybe 19. We turned i on skating the pool at night and it got too hot without any water and popped. That pool ended up getting redone and filled back up anyway

AitchBeeGayBuh

• Rep: 58
« Reply #32 on: May 26, 2018, 04:29:30 PM »
Went for a skate to the bottle shop in between rain showers, oh yeah I had been drinkin an smoking a little already also... While crossing the street, slipped out from the wet ground n my board shot into the street the same moment a woman drove by. My ride was actually hanging outta the side of hers when she pulled over.

Yanked it out then she demanded my license (didn't have one at the time plus I was on my skateboard, I laughed at her), showed her my CA ID, and she went ballistic because she didn't believe that a grown man didn't have a drivers license. She then asked for my insurance and went more nuts because guess what??? I had none at the time(laughed at her again). After handing my ID over she said she was callin the cops an hold tight...

Was legally drunk on the last month of a 7 year probation, an about a block from my house, what would u do??? Threw the board down and went back to where I came from, that's what I did. Still look for that white Scion to an from work every now n again. 

Esquivel

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 214
« Reply #33 on: May 26, 2018, 05:25:09 PM »
Found an abandoned building with a swimming pool that had blue rubber coating stuck on the floor which made it unskateable. We removed the entire coating of and made a mess.
Expand Quote
And people say weed makes you creative
[close]
Good weed does - these broke ass skateboard designers smokin spice

coyote2425

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 128
« Reply #34 on: May 27, 2018, 06:57:20 AM »
My dignity.

igrindtwinkies

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 367
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #35 on: May 27, 2018, 11:46:16 PM »
Chipped up an old Korean war memorial.

cloudy

« Reply #36 on: June 21, 2018, 07:32:31 AM »
just saw this on don brown's insta - $30k!! not sure why more companies don't do this, but i'm glad that they don't!

https://www.instagram.com/p/BkQJX8HgmVH/?hl=en&taken-by=don_brown

in the comments he says "this was period when companies realized that skaters were skating their buildings and were smart enough to scan they skate mags!"

what was it about this "period" that caused companies to do this, and why did they stop? did it end up being too expensive to go after all these skate brands, and the payouts just weren't worth the trouble?

redcurb12

• Rep: 29
« Reply #37 on: June 21, 2018, 11:07:52 AM »
my girlfriend destroyed this floor to ceiling mirror in her bathroom tryna learn how to ollie... don't ask
Let me preface this post with the fact that I am slightly inebriated, very uneducated and I havent read any papers or done any research at all, or read your post really.

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1274
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #38 on: June 21, 2018, 06:58:11 PM »
Expand Quote
We used to skate on a sculpture by Henry Moore. Apparently it was worth millions and we were happily grinding and sliding all over it. Good times.
[close]
If skating a sculpture counts, than everybody who has ever skated in Chicago's answer should probably be the Picasso. Picasso sculptures are pretty valuable, especially 50 foot tall iconic ones.
One time while we were skating it I asked a friend if Picasso would be stoked or bummed on us skating his sculpture. His response was "Who fucking cares? He's dead"

Cops always love telling tales about how you are destroying something expensive. "The city spent $800,000 fixing these benches last year because of you punks!"

Speaking of valuable of Chicago public art, has anyone ever done wallrides on that Chagall mosaic? You can see the Real team skating the handrail in that new Uprise 20 years video. I'd imagine that whole area would be a bust but there they are in the vid skating right by it.

them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -937
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #39 on: June 22, 2018, 08:07:20 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
We used to skate on a sculpture by Henry Moore. Apparently it was worth millions and we were happily grinding and sliding all over it. Good times.
[close]
If skating a sculpture counts, than everybody who has ever skated in Chicago's answer should probably be the Picasso. Picasso sculptures are pretty valuable, especially 50 foot tall iconic ones.
One time while we were skating it I asked a friend if Picasso would be stoked or bummed on us skating his sculpture. His response was "Who fucking cares? He's dead"

Cops always love telling tales about how you are destroying something expensive. "The city spent $800,000 fixing these benches last year because of you punks!"
[close]

Speaking of valuable of Chicago public art, has anyone ever done wallrides on that Chagall mosaic? You can see the Real team skating the handrail in that new Uprise 20 years video. I'd imagine that whole area would be a bust but there they are in the vid skating right by it.

Shit was a major bust when I was there. Pretty sure the Chagall mosaic is behind a bar that makes wall riding it impractical
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

fang

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 195
« Reply #40 on: June 22, 2018, 08:11:00 AM »
This is rebellious

cosmicgypsies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 626
« Reply #41 on: June 25, 2018, 11:23:25 AM »
was skating this one wallride spot and part of the floor cracked off so i kept it

Dermbot

« Reply #42 on: June 25, 2018, 11:25:45 AM »
my collar bone with no health insurance

bo bice

• Rep: 76
« Reply #43 on: June 25, 2018, 12:01:14 PM »
Expand Quote
If skating past an expensive car dealer and flicking my cigarette into a drop top Lamborghini counts
[close]

class war!

regular Tyler Durden over here

shripshrapper

• Rep: -21
  • Shane Heyl 2020 #GOATPOTUS
« Reply #44 on: June 25, 2018, 04:36:28 PM »
Nose bashed the mona lisa.

jawano

• Rep: -16
« Reply #45 on: June 25, 2018, 05:05:59 PM »
Chipped up an old Korean war memorial.

Its a personal choice, I know, but I dont skate memorials of any kind.

Willie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 303
« Reply #46 on: June 25, 2018, 05:23:00 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I feel like most people aren’t making truck contact (primo bails maybe?) with the Picasso so it’s not getting too beat up but yeah, if that ever went up for auction it would probably be north of $150 million dollars.

I’ve only ever done a wall ride or whatever so not guilty.

shark tits

« Reply #47 on: June 25, 2018, 06:27:30 PM »
one time my friends wouldn't stop skating the 5 stair at doherty high so i punched out a window and away we fled.
in retrospect, that was some pure unadulterated bullshit.
another time i couldn't do my trick over the guardrail into the bank at kenmore so i ran up onto a car to drop in on the roof, down the rear window nad of the trunk like that scene in big brother shit at mardis gras.
well, my foot went into the windshield and i bailed the rest of the trick.

the snake

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 348
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #48 on: June 25, 2018, 09:28:49 PM »
my left nut

roba

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 713
« Reply #49 on: June 26, 2018, 02:28:39 PM »
was skating this one wallride spot and part of the floor cracked off so i kept it

fuck yes, i did the same thing with a piece of marble from an old skate spot that i used to skate at when i was just beginning. they rebuilt it and changed some stuff so the spot is still skateable but there are less things to do. it's kinda cool to keep that kind of shit, like kalis with the love park tile
I'm ok with theft. It happens to me all the time.
I steal too

I’m rich and smart

R.I.P Tate

Hmmmm Nice Bike

« Reply #50 on: June 27, 2018, 08:27:18 AM »
I was skating at Biebel's park when my board flew out and chipped one of his teeth.