Author Topic: Appendicitis  (Read 2697 times)

fulfillthedream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 305
Appendicitis
« on: May 25, 2018, 07:36:22 AM »
Had a lot of pain the last few days so went to the doctor today, did a few tests and was confirmed with appendicitis - gonna have to do a surgery. anyone had experience with this?
Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[

shark tits

Re: Appendicitis
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2018, 08:49:32 AM »
chico brenes

straight

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 979
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2018, 09:54:02 AM »
ya dude! when i was 13 .. this is how it went down:

wake up in the middle of the night with excruciating pain in lower right abdomen . parents tell me to go sit on toilet and after couple hours, they eventually realize this is serious

get to hospital and they confirm my appendix is about to burst 

get an enema, which was my first and only thus far time my ass has been penetrated .. then i shot water out of my ass for a good 20 minutes; i remember feeling like my asshole was a garden hose on full blast .. actually felt pretty good at the time .. not too sure what the enema was for still

next thing i know im told to count to ten and don’t think i made it to five before im zonked by the gas man

wake up and im in a lot of pain .. i remember telling my friends and family not to make me laugh cuz it hits so bad, and coughing too fuck .. think recovery was like 2 weeks until i started feeling better

this was all the old way of cutting me open a little lower and right of my belly button and cutting it out of me and sewing me back up.  however, i heard there’s a new way where they make a small hole in your thigh and suck that damn thing out. my cousin had his and she said the recovery wasn’t too bad

im sorry and good luck

do you get cut open or are they gonna suck it out?
What kind of mikey taylor logic is this?

feedmeseymour

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2018, 10:17:28 AM »
My x girlfriend had it and got hers removed, she was in a lot of pain but she wasn’t outta commission for too long, we fucked the day she got home from the hospital so I don’t think it’s too crazy, might be wrong.

fulfillthedream

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2018, 05:36:35 AM »
My x girlfriend had it and got hers removed, she was in a lot of pain but she wasn’t outta commission for too long, we fucked the day she got home from the hospital so I don’t think it’s too crazy, might be wrong.

that gave me the assurance i needed! im going in tomorrow. wish me luck pals

[

fulfillthedream

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2018, 03:29:05 AM »
ya dude! when i was 13 .. this is how it went down:

wake up in the middle of the night with excruciating pain in lower right abdomen . parents tell me to go sit on toilet and after couple hours, they eventually realize this is serious

get to hospital and they confirm my appendix is about to burst 

get an enema, which was my first and only thus far time my ass has been penetrated .. then i shot water out of my ass for a good 20 minutes; i remember feeling like my asshole was a garden hose on full blast .. actually felt pretty good at the time .. not too sure what the enema was for still

next thing i know im told to count to ten and don’t think i made it to five before im zonked by the gas man

wake up and im in a lot of pain .. i remember telling my friends and family not to make me laugh cuz it hits so bad, and coughing too fuck .. think recovery was like 2 weeks until i started feeling better

this was all the old way of cutting me open a little lower and right of my belly button and cutting it out of me and sewing me back up.  however, i heard there’s a new way where they make a small hole in your thigh and suck that damn thing out. my cousin had his and she said the recovery wasn’t too bad

im sorry and good luck

do you get cut open or are they gonna suck it out?

got it sucked out cause i just have three holes on my stomach- no stitches. been two days and im doing way better! cant wait to go back to normal life

[

Elderly Gentleman

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 4
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2018, 06:09:18 AM »
I had it done years ago when I was in the military.  My appendix is probably still in a jar somewhere in Jacksonville Naval Hospital lol.  It wasn't too bad.  Mine was about to burst too.  I have a 3" scar on my lower right side now but the recovery wasn't too terrible.  It'll be a few weeks before you're skating again and then I recommend just cruising for a bit.

This isn't a situation of "should I have the surgery or not" kind of thing.  If that thing ruptures and you don't get treatment, you can die! 
I was addicted to the Hokey Pokey, but then I turned myself around.

"I'll just use my Zumiez rewards card".

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2018, 07:16:49 AM »
Had a lot of pain the last few days so went to the doctor today, did a few tests and was confirmed with appendicitis - gonna have to do a surgery. anyone had experience with this?
Was the first one a finger up the bum? Had this more than once and they told me it was the quickest way to tell if it was the appendix. It hasn't been so far.

A few weeks after the last time they suspected appendicitis a friend called me from hospital saying he'd just had his out and I asked if he got fingered and he said "Yeah, how'd you know?" 

somethingmustbreaknow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 477
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2018, 07:45:46 AM »
i only just saw this thread right now. yes, a first test is a finger up your ass. i got my appendix removed in march last year. i already had like five situations where i was bending in stomach pain which lasted for days but eventually disappeared. when it happened i wasn't able to sleep, walk, sit, lie - whatever. anyways i never went to the doc to let it get checked for whatever reasons until the last time in last year's march. went to the doc, he told me that it probably is the appendix, the sent me over to do some ultrasound, then this guy sent me to the hospital to get it removed in this very same night. went there, doctor felt my ass, said yupp it has to be removed, nurses fucked up my bloodcannula, then they sent me to the surgery room, shaved me, and waited until the narcotics worked, which did not properly function. mind the nurses fucked up the bloodcannula, the narcs went directly into my arm's flesh/muscles which caused quite a good pain for the next few days. anyways once i was knocked out, the removed the appendix with this fancy new tripod thing method, i forgot what it's called whatever. later i've seen my doctor who told me i nearly fucked up for waiting way too long and how i even could stand the pain so many times before caused by the infected appendix and that it for sure would have been burst this time. kinda glad i went to the hospital in like at the last second before that fucker stained my innards haha.

able

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 636
  • omm nom
    • able Skate Mag avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2018, 09:34:02 AM »
My appendix ruptured when I was 17 while my parents were out of town. I convinced my brother to drive me to a hospital where a doctor gave me a shot of morphine and told my brother to drive me downtown to where they had an ultrasound machine. After a couple of hours of nobody taking me seriously I finally got an ultra sound. The doctor shrieked in shock when he discovered how serious it was. Next thing I remember is waking up in a hospital bed with a huge gash in my abdomen. It was left open for weeks so the remaining poison could drain out. The 2 weeks I was there my health got better then worse than better again. The turn around point was when a visiting friend wheeled me out into the courtyard (IV and all) and we smoked some weed. That night for the first time in weeks I requested food from the nurses. 5 days later I was set free. This was 1995
ableSkateMag.com

pugmaster

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1536
  • Overweight and Underprepared
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2018, 05:29:11 PM »
My appendix ruptured when I was 17 while my parents were out of town. I convinced my brother to drive me to a hospital where a doctor gave me a shot of morphine and told my brother to drive me downtown to where they had an ultrasound machine. After a couple of hours of nobody taking me seriously I finally got an ultra sound. The doctor shrieked in shock when he discovered how serious it was. Next thing I remember is waking up in a hospital bed with a huge gash in my abdomen. It was left open for weeks so the remaining poison could drain out. The 2 weeks I was there my health got better then worse than better again. The turn around point was when a visiting friend wheeled me out into the courtyard (IV and all) and we smoked some weed. That night for the first time in weeks I requested food from the nurses. 5 days later I was set free. This was 1995
God damn
"...We got the nuclear worm over here..."

Never forget:
Rusty_Berrings, 360 frip, Yapple Dapple, Bubblegum Tate

Enrico Pallazzo

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Rep: 200
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2018, 09:39:33 AM »
Bumping this thread, just got mine popped out yesterday after going in to urgent care and getting a CT scan following a night of pain and vomiting.

Anyone who's had it done laparoscopically have any suggestions on recovery or a time frame on how long until I'll be skating again?

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 858
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2018, 12:23:34 PM »
My wife had hers out yesterday. I've been at the hospital since 11:30 Thursday night. She had the lapro-whatever thing too and was doing fine today until she tried to walk. I'm thinking we're going to be here again tonight and hopefully get to come home tomorrow, but if say it will be a few more days before she's back to normal.

I'm really happy she made it through everything ok and her appendix didn't burst. That happened to my brother in law and he has really gnarly gang green (FREE MAX B). I'm going fucking crazy in the hospital though.

Enrico Pallazzo

• Rep: 200
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2018, 02:05:53 PM »
My wife had hers out yesterday. I've been at the hospital since 11:30 Thursday night. She had the lapro-whatever thing too and was doing fine today until she tried to walk. I'm thinking we're going to be here again tonight and hopefully get to come home tomorrow, but if say it will be a few more days before she's back to normal.

I'm really happy she made it through everything ok and her appendix didn't burst. That happened to my brother in law and he has really gnarly gang green (FREE MAX B). I'm going fucking crazy in the hospital though.

Oh shit, that's brutal. Sorry to hear that. I've stayed in bed for the most part today but I'm able to get up and cruise around the house if needed. I guess they caught mine pretty early which made the procedure easier on both the surgeons and my body.

SkateParkDesigner

• Rep: -6
« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2018, 10:28:04 AM »
Yeah, I got appendicitis when I was about 16. I couldn't skate for 1-2 months (?), until the surgery healed completely. They put me on pain meds too. Try not to worry too much though. You'll be okay.

On a side note... appendicitis is caused by a blockage in the appendix. I wonder if appendicitis is partially caused by not getting enough sleep. If the large intestine is upright too much, then it won't allow things to fall out of the appendix. Just a thought...
« Last Edit: July 09, 2018, 10:46:23 AM by SkateParkDesigner »

NatalieChapman

• Rep: 0
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2021, 09:24:14 AM »
The operation to remove appendicitis is considered the simplest in medicine. Thus, you can not be afraid. I recommend everyone who is going to have this operation to stay calm. I also had appendicitis surgery about a year ago. I had this operation done in a private clinic. By the way, the clinic was excellent. The staff is very polite and qualified, the clinic is wonderful with modern equipment and software. To tell the truth, this is the first time I've seen such software in a clinic. Everything is stored in the cloud. It's amazing. Therefore, it is also essential where you will perform the operation.

« Last Edit: May 06, 2021, 08:30:35 AM by NatalieChapman »

arrbee

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 429
« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2021, 09:41:26 AM »
About 11 years ago I had a nagging abdominal pain for a few days. On like the fourth day the pain got really intense while I was walking to my car for lunch, sat down in the driver seat and felt like someone stabbed me in the abs. Drove myself to the ER on my lunch break, was in surgery about 2 hours later. They did it laparoscopically, I have 4 little scars on my stomach from it. Recovery was rough the first week since they go through the muscle. After that it was just hanging on the sofa/bed for a few weeks till the Dr released me back to work.
Quote from: DaveFuck
youre fucking FRIED if you think im gonna listen to dan corrigan talk about cariuma

Mr. Stinky

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 311
« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2021, 09:53:18 AM »
There is nothing wrong with this operation. Don't be afraid.

This post is wigging me the fuck out.  Only post from a brand new account, necros a thread about appendicitis just to affirm that there is no reason to be afraid of the surgery.  Extremely chaotic energy. 

fuhkin_powahfood_kid

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1352
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2021, 09:55:24 AM »
When my younger sister was in high school she had her appendix removed. Apparently she went downstairs into the bathroom (my parents home is a very small 2 story built for factory workers in 1911. walls are paper thing. doorways too narrow for actual doors. no privacy) and was moaning and crying. I went do to see what was up and she's writhing on the floor. It's like 2am or something and I wake up the parents. Man, my dad who is the nicest dude ever and whose been around the block, grabs her and makes her sit up, hollering "what the hell did you put up your nose? what the hell did you do to yourself?" He felt awful about that later on, but they took her to the hospital and she got the old appendectomy. Back in 2002 or so they gave people crazy drugs for minor procedures. I recall my sister being a a fentanyl drip and they sent her home with 2 bottles of roxicodone syrup (now called lean). She was fucking 16 years old!!!!
If you plant ice, you’re gonna harvest wind

straight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 979
« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2021, 12:16:37 PM »
When my younger sister was in high school she had her appendix removed. Apparently she went downstairs into the bathroom (my parents home is a very small 2 story built for factory workers in 1911. walls are paper thing. doorways too narrow for actual doors. no privacy) and was moaning and crying. I went do to see what was up and she's writhing on the floor. It's like 2am or something and I wake up the parents. Man, my dad who is the nicest dude ever and whose been around the block, grabs her and makes her sit up, hollering "what the hell did you put up your nose? what the hell did you do to yourself?" He felt awful about that later on, but they took her to the hospital and she got the old appendectomy. Back in 2002 or so they gave people crazy drugs for minor procedures. I recall my sister being a a fentanyl drip and they sent her home with 2 bottles of roxicodone syrup (now called lean). She was fucking 16 years old!!!!

my 5 yr old just had a broken arm surgery .. gave him fentanyl .. it’s actually extremely common modern hospital practice
What kind of mikey taylor logic is this?

fuhkin_powahfood_kid

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2021, 12:36:28 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

my 5 yr old just had a broken arm surgery .. gave him fentanyl .. it’s actually extremely common modern hospital practice

I understand the use of fentanyl during medical procedures, its not euphoric and a potent pain killer. Medical application, like morphine, makes for an opiod pain killer that's less enjoyable and therefore more effective as a medicine. I was more so referring to the oxycodone syrup she was sent home with that was the equivalent to IR oxycontin and very much misused.

Uh Oh

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 358
« Reply #21 on: May 04, 2021, 02:24:47 PM »
Expand Quote
There is nothing wrong with this operation. Don't be afraid.
[close]

This post is wigging me the fuck out.  Only post from a brand new account, necros a thread about appendicitis just to affirm that there is no reason to be afraid of the surgery.  Extremely chaotic energy.

Same here. Maybe she is gost

Fhk

« Reply #22 on: May 04, 2021, 02:36:47 PM »
I had mine out many years ago..it ended up being the first of many abdominal surgeries for me. I remember the Friday night I was diagnosed very well. I had 4 different doctors stick there fingers up my ass over the course of a couple hours. There was an old white man..a middle aged man of middle eastern descent.. a black man of the same age range and I was finished off by an elderly white woman. I remember letting her know that she was the fourth Dr. and she replied "Honey..this isn't my idea of a great Friday night either" Life gets fucking weird sometimes, and that night proved no different.

fuhkin_powahfood_kid

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #23 on: May 04, 2021, 02:52:11 PM »
I had mine out many years ago..it ended up being the first of many abdominal surgeries for me. I remember the Friday night I was diagnosed very well. I had 4 different doctors stick there fingers up my ass over the course of a couple hours. There was an old white man..a middle aged man of middle eastern descent.. a black man of the same age range and I was finished off by an elderly white woman. I remember letting her know that she was the fourth Dr. and she replied "Honey..this isn't my idea of a great Friday night either" Life gets fucking weird sometimes, and that night proved no different.

Damn bruv. You tell the story like a dark, dark joke

Fhk

« Reply #24 on: May 04, 2021, 03:06:27 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Damn bruv. You tell the story like a dark, dark joke
Haha! I will give you one guess as to what hospital I was at! I will give you a hint, it starts with a T

Edit: It is very fitting that this was my 508th post  8)
« Last Edit: May 04, 2021, 03:20:36 PM by Fhk hu »

hotstudios_on_youtube

• Rep: -65
  • ???
« Reply #25 on: May 04, 2021, 04:27:38 PM »
I worked my first night shift, new job, in the morning had pain, went to emerge, it nearly burst they said, they put me into an ambulance to go to another hospital for surgery I get to this other hospital and there was a car wreck, I think someone died,  and I was waiting in the hall for almost 4 hours, when I was put into surgery they had me name all the Pokemon I could think of, spent the night, got home for 7am, 3 months off work, taking pain killers throughout the day "for the pain",  after 3 months they gave me either an mri or ultrasound...

had a friend where it totally burst and he got infections and stuff and was in the hospital for weeks..

Pete

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 755
  • Free Max B
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #26 on: May 05, 2021, 02:04:20 AM »
Damn I got one for y’all.

Was getting wheeled into the OR to have my appendix removed in 2004. Got stopped by an old Indian woman dr who i’d never seen, and she started screaming at the people wheeling me to get the operation. Telling them to bring me back to my room and that I don’t have appendicitis.

They bring me back to my room and said doctor came in and told me my appendix was fine but that I have something else going on in my stomach called Crohns. Spent about 3 more weeks before they realized I needed “a few inches of intestine removed immediately.”

So boom surgery happens that night, I wake up and had never felt pain like that before. Haven’t had anything come close since. Turns out it was a lot worse when they got in there and I had closer to 18 inches removed.

That recovery was gnarly, didn’t leave the hospital for another 2 weeks, took about 4-5 months before I could even get out of bed without any help. Don’t think I was even out cruising around until 9-10 months out. I ended up back in the ER 7 times thinking I stretched or moved wrong and ruptured something. This was also an early laparoscopic surgery, so instead of the full stomach zipper I just have like a halfzip. an anorak type beat surgery.

Lead to a nearly decade long opiate addiction. Wouldn’t recommend anyone does that. Don’t do drugs, it isn’t long before they are doing you. Wake up and need a perc30 just to get out of fucking bed and make coffee without thinking about killing yourself. 8 months clean rn finally sick of all the bullshit.

Free max b

Free max b
« Last Edit: May 05, 2021, 02:49:46 AM by Pete »
FREE MAX B

pica

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -36
« Reply #27 on: May 09, 2021, 04:01:34 PM »
. This was also an early laparoscopic surgery, so instead of the full stomach zipper I just have like a halfzip. an anorak type beat surgery.

You have the half zipper because although you mobilize the colon laparoscopic you have to get it out of the patient afterwards.

You can‘t get it out through laparoscopic 5mm or 10 mm trocars, the bowel is too big.

So you need to make a bigger cut to remove it after you‘re done with the disecction.

Yet its less smaller than open (conventional) surgery.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2021, 02:31:42 AM by pica »

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -718
« Reply #28 on: May 10, 2021, 05:34:42 AM »

actually felt pretty good at the time ..

That's hot, bro...

Freelancevagrant

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1555
« Reply #29 on: May 10, 2021, 06:11:10 AM »
Had it when I was fifteen. Out of all the surgeries I’ve had this one was one of the easiest to recoup from, at least from recollection. They do it laparoscopically now, which makes it even easier. You’re gonna be hemmed up for a while and it’s gonna take you a while to shit. Give it a week or so you’re gonna shit a duraflame log, two or so more weeks and you’re back to your old self.
Well I have like 9 Andy Anderson dated flight decks.