Author Topic: Jason Jessee Suspended from Cons & Santa Cruz  (Read 37523 times)

JohnOakley

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -6
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Jason Jessee Suspended from Cons & Santa Cruz
« Reply #30 on: May 25, 2018, 03:49:36 PM »
Anyone know if this is true? A very experienced and well placed industry figure told me that Jason has swastikas tattooed inside his lip. Clearly he ain’t gonna he showing them off anytime soon so proof might be hard to get. Any info?
"I'm not a gynaecologist, but I'll have a look"

pointandclick

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 243
« Reply #31 on: May 25, 2018, 04:00:36 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I like how guys like Jason jessee gets full access to sponsors & exposure for his "comebacks" but someone like a Tuan gets thrown completely under the bus.
[close]

Well I hate to say it, but Antwuan kind of deserves it. He was given so many opportunities and extra chances and blew it. The guy literally broke the window of some guy's car that had the guy's children in it screaming in fear. Not really shocking to see how people wouldn't pick him up.
[close]

yeah to some extent however These guys profited off of his unfortunate struggles then gave him the boot. Did he get on anything reputable afterwards? No. So much for second chances huh? (I know it was a long time of craziness with twuan prob a bad example.) Ali and Cory killed people drunk driving and theres still dudes sending them well wishes and heart emojis not to mention they still have product on shelves. Corey Duffel goes on silly rant in a magazine only to be embraced by the industry almost immediately after. Jason had multiple chances and those brands profited off of it during the so called "non peak" of his career through reissues and such. it seems like all he had to do is say sorry and he got even more sponsors than he had in his prime before getting caught up again.  The only reason why he even got the boot because of the brands trying to save face during this hyper-politicized time.
[close]
Tuan got multiple chances on Baker and Deathwish, and was on Supra throughout a couple jail stints. The other thing is, he really hasn't put out any worthwhile footage since he got out. If Tuan dropped a heavy comeback Thrasher part, the sponsors would be calling. Right now he still has a board and a shoe sponsor despite not dropping a legit part in a decade.

Also, what he did was completely psychotic. Beating the shit out of some guy in front of his family then breaking the windows of a car with kids in it.

I also think the backlash on Cory and Ali would be different if they killed a random person who was just living their daily life (for example hit a kid walking to school), rather than someone they were partying with who had some idea of the consequences of getting in a motor vehicle with them.

didnt tosh townsend hit some girl with his vehicle and kill her? he was supposedley high at the time.

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #32 on: May 25, 2018, 04:23:41 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I like how guys like Jason jessee gets full access to sponsors & exposure for his "comebacks" but someone like a Tuan gets thrown completely under the bus.
[close]

Well I hate to say it, but Antwuan kind of deserves it. He was given so many opportunities and extra chances and blew it. The guy literally broke the window of some guy's car that had the guy's children in it screaming in fear. Not really shocking to see how people wouldn't pick him up.
[close]

yeah to some extent however These guys profited off of his unfortunate struggles then gave him the boot. Did he get on anything reputable afterwards? No. So much for second chances huh? (I know it was a long time of craziness with twuan prob a bad example.) Ali and Cory killed people drunk driving and theres still dudes sending them well wishes and heart emojis not to mention they still have product on shelves. Corey Duffel goes on silly rant in a magazine only to be embraced by the industry almost immediately after. Jason had multiple chances and those brands profited off of it during the so called "non peak" of his career through reissues and such. it seems like all he had to do is say sorry and he got even more sponsors than he had in his prime before getting caught up again.  The only reason why he even got the boot because of the brands trying to save face during this hyper-politicized time.
[close]
Tuan got multiple chances on Baker and Deathwish, and was on Supra throughout a couple jail stints. The other thing is, he really hasn't put out any worthwhile footage since he got out. If Tuan dropped a heavy comeback Thrasher part, the sponsors would be calling. Right now he still has a board and a shoe sponsor despite not dropping a legit part in a decade.

Also, what he did was completely psychotic. Beating the shit out of some guy in front of his family then breaking the windows of a car with kids in it.

I also think the backlash on Cory and Ali would be different if they killed a random person who was just living their daily life (for example hit a kid walking to school), rather than someone they were partying with who had some idea of the consequences of getting in a motor vehicle with them.
[close]

didnt tosh townsend hit some girl with his vehicle and kill her? he was supposedley high at the time.
I don't think the full story with that one ever came out. I'm pretty sure multiple cars were involved, so I'm not sure he was liable in that case.

McFarty

• Rep: -35
« Reply #33 on: May 25, 2018, 05:31:51 PM »

jstankalwara

• Rep: -13
« Reply #34 on: May 25, 2018, 05:32:37 PM »
i wonder if cons will blackout his part or just take down the whole video and re-release it without his part

arcam

• Rep: -65
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #35 on: May 25, 2018, 06:17:22 PM »
crazy,didnt he say this shit years ago?
hey,i said and did some shit 20 years that is fucking offside too...people grow and learn from their mistakes.

streetsoup

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -32
« Reply #36 on: May 25, 2018, 06:27:22 PM »
hey,i said and did some shit 20 years that is fucking offside too...people grow and learn from their mistakes.

It wasn't 20 years ago, its been FOR 20 years. Shrugging it off like its something that happened long ago and not impactful is a weak stance to take.  The reaction to his actions has been appropriate, as well as the consequences he now faces.
People say stupid shit but they take accountability for it, apologize and address it to those who are hurt, time and time again if necessary, and then move forward without it in their lives. We'll see what he ultimately decides for himself.

natenola forever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 119
« Reply #37 on: May 25, 2018, 06:51:25 PM »
I'm gonna say what the suspension involves is Santa Cruz will stop making his product till all this dies down, and then slowly start sneaking his board back into the line up. They make way too much money on all that old Jason Jesse shit to let it go. He and Dressen are really the only dudes from 80s Santa Cruz that can still skate at a decent level.

poser666

• Rep: -64
« Reply #38 on: May 25, 2018, 07:04:17 PM »
im not a nazi but whats the big fucking deal if you are??

gub

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 221
« Reply #39 on: May 25, 2018, 07:15:39 PM »
K bro

Zurg

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
« Reply #40 on: May 25, 2018, 07:22:55 PM »
just denying peoples right to exist based on how they were born, no biggie. i know i shouldnt feed the troll

Leaky McBurnside

• Rep: 10
« Reply #41 on: May 25, 2018, 07:33:07 PM »
I'd like to know what suspension entails. Could be as bad as a cop blasting someone and being on paid leave. The kook already has the whole industry backing him, except Lay, and he's probably gonna get paid just laying around amongst abused chickens. Not quite the justice we wanted...

Still...Fuck you Jason Jessee.

Converse "suspended" him. NHS is trying to pretend they did the same thing. "Suspend" in big athletic brand terms means they are weighing their options. He is going to be terminated. Its a wrap. Nike just needs to figure out how to mid-agate the damage vs risk vs liability. NIKE's legal team is weighing the best exit strategy. He doesn't make it past Tuesday. He will get a greatly reduced lump some on the remainder of his contract from Cons and this will be the last we hear from Jason Jesse. As for the "industry" backing him... its posturing. No brand will EVER sign him.

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 939
  • U neg cuz UR insecure-glad I got under your skin
« Reply #42 on: May 25, 2018, 07:33:55 PM »
I'm gonna say what the suspension involves is Santa Cruz will stop making his product till all this dies down, and then slowly start sneaking his board back into the line up. They make way too much money on all that old Jason Jesse shit to let it go. He and Dressen are really the only dudes from 80s Santa Cruz that can still skate at a decent level.

Yep, I mentioned this before, those Neptune boards sell like fucking crazy (surely they can do a gator and gonz and just remove his name.

NHS should release more Kendall/Dressen graphics anyway.

Pavementi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -146
  • Fuck it
« Reply #43 on: May 25, 2018, 07:46:37 PM »
Where did he say he’d made a mistake?
Like Daewon said: if skateboarding is a ten story building, Rodney is on eleventh floor.

SHIREFLIP

« Reply #44 on: May 25, 2018, 10:30:03 PM »
It's entirely possible this is the first time I've seen complaining on the internet actually accomplish something. Bravo, Slap.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 75
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #45 on: May 25, 2018, 11:36:47 PM »
"Rocky, watch me pull a rabbit out of my hat"

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 75
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #46 on: May 25, 2018, 11:38:31 PM »
so umm....
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bi0Ye9rgrJG/?hl=en&taken-by=santacruzskateboards
what do you have to say now SC? Cuz you love and stand behind him no?

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

thomas kook

« Reply #47 on: May 25, 2018, 11:47:49 PM »
how ironic santa cruz's latest vid was called right to exist

or is it

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1355
« Reply #48 on: May 26, 2018, 12:59:23 AM »
You guys are fags
Fuck off you don't deserve to have SJ as your username fucking kook

Alan

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2592
« Reply #49 on: May 26, 2018, 04:45:49 AM »
SJ stands for Skater Jugend
Hosin' out the cab of his pickup truck
He's got his 8-track playin' really fuckin' loud

JohnOakley

• Rep: -6
« Reply #50 on: May 26, 2018, 06:28:30 AM »
Nobody got info on the swastika tattoos inside his lip?
"I'm not a gynaecologist, but I'll have a look"

jomeara1

« Reply #51 on: May 26, 2018, 06:46:54 AM »
The power of Slap is pretty fucking amazing

Joclo

• Rep: 19
  • Just wiggin out
« Reply #52 on: May 26, 2018, 08:00:20 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Are you referencing Dirtbag P beating up lil ToNyT?

SHIREFLIP

« Reply #53 on: May 26, 2018, 10:13:05 PM »
It's admirable that you were able to have him held accountable for his actions, but it's a shame none of you heroes put this much effort into nagging Cons for using fucking child slave labour in developing nations.

reptar_bar

• Rep: -7
« Reply #54 on: May 26, 2018, 10:19:39 PM »

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Thats actually very different. What if the guy Antwuan beat up did something fucked to him first, either way obviously something happened between the 2 to set him off whether it was his fault or not. We don't know the whole story and its completely up for debate, Antwuan felt one way and the guy he beat up obviously felt another. Beating someone up is much different then showing hate towards an entire race or religion. I don't think Twuan beat the dude up based on his skin color or beliefs?

Nazism - racism - sexism - abuse against women,  all of those things are much different then Twuan's situation. There is no room for debate in any of those. There is no argument to say its justified, they are all completely wrong. You can't justify feeling that one of those things is acceptable, and if you think otherwise then im sorry you live in 2018.

McFarty

• Rep: -35
« Reply #55 on: May 27, 2018, 12:58:24 AM »
Antwuan will never have a Guy, Spanky, Sanchez, or Shiloh comeback

coyote2425

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 128
« Reply #56 on: May 27, 2018, 06:53:19 AM »
You guys are fags

That's how you get suspended.

shark tits

« Reply #57 on: May 27, 2018, 07:04:40 AM »
i wonder if he's considered just wearing a mask to get around suspension like the american dream dusty rhodes aka 'the midnight rider'.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-9Kbfi0Va4

kneebone

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 342
« Reply #58 on: May 27, 2018, 07:21:03 AM »
i wonder if he's considered just wearing a mask to get around suspension like the american dream dusty rhodes aka 'the midnight rider'.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-9Kbfi0Va4
you mean like one of these masks?

Alan

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2592
« Reply #59 on: May 27, 2018, 07:41:58 AM »
It's admirable that you were able to have him held accountable for his actions, but it's a shame none of you heroes put this much effort into nagging Cons for using fucking child slave labour in developing nations.

Ah, the whataboutism here is delicious!
Hosin' out the cab of his pickup truck
He's got his 8-track playin' really fuckin' loud