Author Topic: Jason Jessee Suspended from Cons & Santa Cruz  (Read 37512 times)

Pappy Jones

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 152
Re: Jason Jessee Suspended from Cons & Santa Cruz
« Reply #60 on: May 27, 2018, 07:42:16 AM »
Expand Quote
It's almost as if the skate industry is full of peckerwood kooks who are either down with white power shit or are fine looking the other way.
[close]

When insecure people are given power and influence they become abusers 100% of the time. The degree of abuse may vary, but it feels like that's what's going on with lots of folks in skating right now. If you're not self-actualized, and you rely on someone else to cut you a check, or ensure your comforts, then values can get compromised very quickly. The truth of the situation gets really clear when you look at someone like Ryan Lay compared to all the people in skating who don't speak up. No coincidence that the dude who is good at skating, a college grad, AND running a charity afterschool program for underprivileged kids, is also the dude willing to speak the truth.
Can someone fill me in on what Ryan Lay did/said regarding this topic?

feedmeseymour

« Reply #61 on: May 27, 2018, 07:47:01 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
It's almost as if the skate industry is full of peckerwood kooks who are either down with white power shit or are fine looking the other way.
[close]

When insecure people are given power and influence they become abusers 100% of the time. The degree of abuse may vary, but it feels like that's what's going on with lots of folks in skating right now. If you're not self-actualized, and you rely on someone else to cut you a check, or ensure your comforts, then values can get compromised very quickly. The truth of the situation gets really clear when you look at someone like Ryan Lay compared to all the people in skating who don't speak up. No coincidence that the dude who is good at skating, a college grad, AND running a charity afterschool program for underprivileged kids, is also the dude willing to speak the truth.
[close]
Try using context clues, I have faith in you.

SHIREFLIP

« Reply #62 on: May 27, 2018, 11:00:38 AM »
Expand Quote
It's admirable that you were able to have him held accountable for his actions, but it's a shame none of you heroes put this much effort into nagging Cons for using fucking child slave labour in developing nations.
[close]

Ah, the whataboutism here is delicious!

LOL fair point.

brucewillis

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 32
  • Die Hard. www.casualskateshop.com.br
« Reply #63 on: May 28, 2018, 05:29:00 AM »
"prominent figures like Atiba Jefferson, Rob “Sluggo” Boyce, Mike Anderson, and Daryl Angel"

lmao
the writer is not doing his homework in the right way i supose

nothingisspecial

• Rep: -53
« Reply #64 on: May 28, 2018, 07:21:12 AM »
I understand there is no excuse or will ever be for his actions and choice of words- however

Has Jason ever taken action or been accused of attacking somebody or (killing) somebody based on what he said?

What exactly does Jason believe?

and what is he actually accountable for?

I am asking because there is a lot of heresay..

Was he not self admittedly on drugs during this time?

And has he not rehabbed and successfully avoided this behavior since?

I am only asking-

No one is talking about this part of the situation (terrible as it is) and it is worth mentioning that as horrible as what Jason Jesse said, and everything he’s been associated with-

He seems(ed) to have “turned it around” and found value in things like skateboarding and with skateboarders, around 2010 I guess...

So what in the actual fuck...

In this day and age the average person (millennial) is way to quick to put their nose in someone else’s business...

I do not believe there is any excuse for what Jason said or did or does to, to cause “shock” (bs) or whatever...

However! Apparently! He has turned himself around and if I have my finger on this issue correctly- he has been rehabilitized

people can and will and actually do some crazy shit- not say, or pretend, or wear or dress (and I agree it’s wrong)

But people actually kill people over this shit, have done and will do...

so again I understand what he did was wrong and not funny or amusing at all. He’s a total dumbass. Remember that before I have log onto here later and listen to whatever worthless thing whatever dumbass 16 year old has to say back to me about how bad being “a Nazi” is.

FINISH HIM

final point is from an outsiders perspective (only who isn’t following his career that well, etc.) everything that seemed to happen was more on the mild end and almost never addressed because

1. They were words (not action)
2. He was on drugs
3. He has been rehabilitated
4. He was on drugs
5. He has since changed?
6. There’s some real shit going on, sounds like Jason was being a dumbass when he was younger and had less life experience. Shocking.

SOLUTION: call up Peanut Butter or whoever kicked his ass in the 80s and have him come knock him out again- ETN style

Alan

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2593
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #65 on: May 28, 2018, 07:27:23 AM »
tldr version

I do not believe there is any excuse for what Jason said or did or does to, to cause “shock” (bs) or whatever.

Hosin' out the cab of his pickup truck
He's got his 8-track playin' really fuckin' loud

kneebone

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 342
« Reply #66 on: May 28, 2018, 07:29:27 AM »
So does nothingisspecial work in PR for Cons, or SC?
All of that would be a great explanation if Jason said it himself.  Instead, a week ago, after his supposed rehabilitation he came out with a shitty video saying "sorry you were offended."  I think that was the final straw for most people.

nopes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 85
  • Bob loseedo wears a speedo
« Reply #67 on: May 28, 2018, 08:25:38 AM »
I understand there is no excuse or will ever be for his actions and choice of words- however

Has Jason ever taken action or been accused of attacking somebody or (killing) somebody based on what he said?

What exactly does Jason believe?

and what is he actually accountable for?

I am asking because there is a lot of heresay..

Was he not self admittedly on drugs during this time?

And has he not rehabbed and successfully avoided this behavior since?

I am only asking-

No one is talking about this part of the situation (terrible as it is) and it is worth mentioning that as horrible as what Jason Jesse said, and everything he’s been associated with-

He seems(ed) to have “turned it around” and found value in things like skateboarding and with skateboarders, around 2010 I guess...

So what in the actual fuck...

In this day and age the average person (millennial) is way to quick to put their nose in someone else’s business...

I do not believe there is any excuse for what Jason said or did or does to, to cause “shock” (bs) or whatever...

However! Apparently! He has turned himself around and if I have my finger on this issue correctly- he has been rehabilitized

people can and will and actually do some crazy shit- not say, or pretend, or wear or dress (and I agree it’s wrong)

But people actually kill people over this shit, have done and will do...

so again I understand what he did was wrong and not funny or amusing at all. He’s a total dumbass. Remember that before I have log onto here later and listen to whatever worthless thing whatever dumbass 16 year old has to say back to me about how bad being “a Nazi” is.

FINISH HIM

final point is from an outsiders perspective (only who isn’t following his career that well, etc.) everything that seemed to happen was more on the mild end and almost never addressed because

1. They were words (not action)
2. He was on drugs
3. He has been rehabilitated
4. He was on drugs
5. He has since changed?
6. There’s some real shit going on, sounds like Jason was being a dumbass when he was younger and had less life experience. Shocking.

SOLUTION: call up Peanut Butter or whoever kicked his ass in the 80s and have him come knock him out again- ETN style

when did he change and become rehabilitated? before or after he was spotted posing with his jacket with nazi symbols on it just two weeks ago? what about his current relationship with a white power band?

nothingisspecial

• Rep: -53
« Reply #68 on: May 28, 2018, 10:58:39 AM »
👆👆👆

This is why I ask...

Pappy Jones

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 152
« Reply #69 on: May 28, 2018, 12:41:27 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]
Try using context clues, I have faith in you.
Wow, cool man. You're so fucking smart.
Obviously he called him out. Just wondering if anyone knew what he said before I search the fifteen+ different places on the internet he might have left a comment or an Instagram story that's long gone.

nopes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 85
  • Bob loseedo wears a speedo
« Reply #70 on: May 28, 2018, 01:03:14 PM »
There are screen shots of his Instagram stories on this thread some pages back.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #71 on: May 28, 2018, 05:36:10 PM »
Obviously he called him out. Just wondering if anyone knew what he said before I search the fifteen+ different places on the internet he might have left a comment or an Instagram story that's long gone.
do be aware that NO ONE in the entire skate industry was saying anything (besides maybe Sanchez) when this was all going down. Sure, they might have been only "stories" but you weren't even getting a squeak from anyone unless they were circle jerking JJ with emojis like Oh Blow and Abita did.

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

High Hair

• Rep: -34
« Reply #72 on: May 28, 2018, 05:41:10 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
do be aware that NO ONE in the entire skate industry was saying anything (besides maybe Sanchez) when this was all going down. Sure, they might have been only "stories" but you weren't even getting a squeak from anyone unless they were circle jerking JJ with emojis like Oh Blow and Abita did.

Looks like us slappers are uncovering a hidden racist agenda in skateboarding. In an age where battles are fought and won online, we truly are warriors of modern times. #RACISTGATE

expired

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 73
« Reply #73 on: May 28, 2018, 06:46:53 PM »
I'm happy to read this, good job to slap for not ignoring his actions when the industry was.

Matthew_James

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -191
« Reply #74 on: May 29, 2018, 10:44:29 AM »
Skateboarding needs to be all the way with it. If professional skateboarders can live or die by what was done in the past, then Pops should still be receiving checks & Daryl Angel needs to be shit-canned. Shit, Guy was carried through a decade and a half on two full parts and a bunch of cameos & JJ is being thrown out because of some interview in the 90's, just give my man Pops a check and I'll be happy.
At least when you're a washed-out hipster douchebag in NY, you can milk it at some decent looking, hard to skate spots. In LA you're just a tan-lined faggot in a school yard somewhere.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #75 on: May 29, 2018, 05:44:28 PM »
JJ is being thrown out because of some interview in the 90's
gee I'm glad no one has ever bought up this valid point and discussed/ debunked it multiple times in an extensive thread about this topic (complete with dates and photographic evidence)

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Matthew_James

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -191
« Reply #76 on: May 29, 2018, 07:46:37 PM »
Expand Quote
JJ is being thrown out because of some interview in the 90's
[close]
gee I'm glad no one has ever bought up this valid point and discussed/ debunked it multiple times in an extensive thread about this topic (complete with dates and photographic evidence)

Yeah but give Pops a check for skateboarding, I don't trust that mf driving a commercial truck anyway.
At least when you're a washed-out hipster douchebag in NY, you can milk it at some decent looking, hard to skate spots. In LA you're just a tan-lined faggot in a school yard somewhere.

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1355
« Reply #77 on: August 16, 2018, 12:20:54 PM »
Using your likeness Gentle?

full of jerks

• Rep: -33
« Reply #78 on: August 16, 2018, 01:25:46 PM »
What is the point of linking that Instagram?  Are we meant to go attack this chick now or something?

lampshade

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 132
« Reply #79 on: August 16, 2018, 01:44:59 PM »
Antwuan will never have a Guy, Spanky, Sanchez, or Shiloh comeback

What?  When did the Shiloh or Henry comebacks happen.  MAGIK INC?  I remember Shiloh having an interview after getting out of jail and Henry posting here then doing auto body work or something similar. 

eraserheadfuckers

• Rep: 26
« Reply #80 on: August 16, 2018, 01:46:56 PM »
doxxing random people is not a good look...

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1274
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #81 on: August 16, 2018, 01:55:40 PM »
Who is Ashley Wallhanger?
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

MexicanSpaniard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 693
  • S&H
« Reply #82 on: August 16, 2018, 01:57:06 PM »
they're still selling his re-issue boards

I sniff Jim Gagne's butthole all the time

• Rep: -156
« Reply #83 on: August 16, 2018, 02:49:50 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

What?  When did the Shiloh or Henry comebacks happen.  MAGIK INC?  I remember Shiloh having an interview after getting out of jail and Henry posting here then doing auto body work or something similar.
henry was done then his comeback was tws vid and shiloh got out of jail and rode for deca. 360 ollie to lipslide a little handrail and lots of flip to slides.

veritas

« Reply #84 on: August 16, 2018, 03:30:30 PM »
being "suspended" must mean they keep you on the team and continue to sell your board in stores and online

Hoeboi

• Rep: -360
« Reply #85 on: August 16, 2018, 05:00:38 PM »
gentle is such a little bitch.

kneebone

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 342
« Reply #86 on: August 16, 2018, 05:18:32 PM »
to be fair to Gentle, the instagram post is in his signature and has nothing to do with the Kathleen Cleaver notification, but I can see how it is confusing. 

Issy

« Reply #87 on: August 16, 2018, 05:19:31 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
henry was done then his comeback was tws vid and shiloh got out of jail and rode for deca. 360 ollie to lipslide a little handrail and lots of flip to slides.

More than that!

https://youtu.be/sdEWGAs2UoU

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2137
« Reply #88 on: August 16, 2018, 05:44:59 PM »
Sharpen your pitch forks

Damn I left my bubbler at my parents house

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)