Author Topic: How much do you skate?  (Read 12468 times)

silhouette

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1568
Re: How much do you skate?
« Reply #60 on: January 31, 2018, 01:10:05 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
the other one is this DIY spot that is free and not even bad,but it's a gathering place for fucking antiglobalist hipsters and those ugly chicks with dreadlocks that smell of incense and shit..
[close]
that doesn't sound THAT bad, I wish I had an indoor joint
[close]

Thought I saw a some guy on IG who had a damn mini park in his basement.

I won't go that far, but maybe build a small ledge for my garage- which would be warmer/dryer then outside right now.
[close]

What’s the IG username?

not exactly a basement and probably not the same guy at all but if you're interested in such projects, my friend bought a land with an abandoned wine cellar 90 minutes out of any city deep down in the forest and built this :

https://vimeo.com/197775346

Bromethius

• Rep: 0
  • i sk8
« Reply #61 on: February 01, 2018, 06:23:34 AM »
Can i get invite?

redcurb12

• Rep: 29
« Reply #62 on: May 08, 2018, 02:41:29 PM »
I try for at least 5 days a week even it means just skating some flat out front of the house. After 5 in a row i'm usually feelin pretty bumped and bruised up so i take a day or 2 off.
Let me preface this post with the fact that I am slightly inebriated, very uneducated and I havent read any papers or done any research at all, or read your post really.

straight

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 979
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #63 on: May 08, 2018, 04:05:25 PM »
im procrastinating i used to skate
What kind of mikey taylor logic is this?

streetsoup

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -32
« Reply #64 on: May 08, 2018, 05:33:50 PM »
All day Saturday and Sunday usually.
3-5 times a week after work ill get a park session.
Maybe once or twice a week I will go out before work and skate street and try to get a clip.

So probably too much lol.

Tommy G

• Rep: -14
« Reply #65 on: May 20, 2018, 01:36:25 PM »
School has royally screwed up my skating schedule. I'm in grad school right now and in the most difficult semester of my program. And I work on weekends. The only days I have totally free are Sundays, but those are normally spent doing assignments that are due for the week. I try and skate once or twice a week, but don't even hit that sometimes.

Over this past summer I was working full-time, plus a side job. I averaged 50-55 hrs a week working, but skated way more. I would skate six days a week for several hours a day. Why? Because my free time was actually my free time. Once I left my work I could do whatever I wanted with the rest of my day/evening. Most days I'd get off work at 5:00 and go to the skatepark to meet up with friends and since it didn't get dark until like 9:00, I'd have several hours to skate. On weekend days where I had the whole day free, I'd skate street with my friends and go on day trips. It was so much fun. I felt more comfortable on my board than I had in years.

Now that I'm back in school there's always something academic hanging over my head, most times multiple things, that need to take priority over skateboarding. In undergrad it was generally never too bad. Barring midterms or finals week, I generally had time to skate three or four times a week. Grad school is a whole other beast though.

Dude I totally feel you there. College is a bitch when it comes to assignments. My major is constantly assignment driven, so I don't get to go out as much as I want. I would only cruise from my dorm to class and then work on assignments for the rest of the day.

Spacesuit

• Rep: -3
« Reply #66 on: May 22, 2018, 06:10:13 AM »
dude ,i try n skate a lot,but i got a lot  of problems with my board,as i dont want to use my longboard,i tried to tighten my sb's bushings and added some 80A wheel,but it still shakes,feels unstable
any suggestions?