Author Topic: Jerry kicked of emerica  (Read 36449 times)

ManMelt

Re: Jerry kicked of emerica
« Reply #150 on: October 10, 2018, 07:27:48 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
people always say certain pros deserve to get paid to not do a whole lot because of their legacy. why not jerry hsu? what about someone like ba who rides for anti-hero and nike but barely puts out footage these days?
[close]

Because BA’s name alone brings those companies enough revenue to justify paying him. Emerica looked at the numbers, and must have saw that Jerry’s name doesn’t. Therefore if he’s not going to film or promote anything, and his name alone isn’t bringing you that much revenue, then there’s no real financial reason to keep him around and pay him.
[close]

another slap clairvoyant.
[close]

Well yeah, should have said “BA’s name probably brings enough revenue”

Quit dry-snitching BA. Hope that dude gets paid forever. If he found a nice quiet place to chill, but still get checks, why you gotta ruin that for him?

Owen

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 300
    • My Photos avatar image
« Reply #151 on: October 11, 2018, 03:30:45 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Sponsorship wise, Jerry should still be coasting off the Made 2 part through 2019 even though the song/edit did him no favors. Shit was comparable to what AVE did in Propeller if you consider career length/industry status.
[close]

Honestly, one or two fillers aside, that part was probably the best thing Jerry did since bag of suck, does not get the credit it deserves.
[close]

Completely forgot his part in Made 2 existed. Just rewatched and holy shit the song/edit doesn't do his skating any justice. I long for the days before music rights became an issue.
[close]

Doesn't he have a Mogwai track?

On this note, how is it possibly in the interest of a brand like Emerica not to put their videos online? Is it a music licensing issue? I'd be super keen to watch Made 2 but it doesn't seem to be online. If I were running a company, I would want all our video productions easily available online in HD (or good quality). Whats the point of making a video if its not accessible? No one is buying hard copies these days.
[close]

iTunes paywall homie. It's where a lot of the bigger budget videos go and yeah keeping it there forever is so fucking stupid that it's probably a contractual thing with Apple.
[close]
It's here:
https://www.redbull.com/int-en/tv/video/AP-1QVDTV2DS1W11/made-chapter-two?playlist=AP-1QVQ996DN1W11

Fuck yeah! Thanks.

So crazy to think that both Reynolds and Jerry put out such good parts so late in their careers. Rewatching Jerry's part, is madness that Emerica kicked him off.
Jorts
Anklets
Rat tails
Sling shots
Toe rings
Shuv it tail grabs
Jump ramps

Robert Baratheon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 40
« Reply #152 on: October 11, 2018, 08:56:59 AM »
I like Jerry a lot. He's in your favorite skater's top 10 faves. From a business perspective, he's a B minus level pro in his mid to late 30s that doesn't generate the sales to warrant the lack of output. He was pretty hot when Emerica took him on. Perhaps they can pay newer guys a lot less than what he makes.

Allen.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 712
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #153 on: October 11, 2018, 11:45:29 AM »
Perhaps they saw him leaving chocolate without having any back up plan and a lack luster IG showing as a sign that he doesn’t care...?
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

nopes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 85
  • Bob loseedo wears a speedo
« Reply #154 on: October 11, 2018, 11:52:39 AM »
no one should feel bad for jerry. he seems to be doing exactly what he wants and even though he may have been upset in the moment about the way things went down at emerica he admits it now makes sense and hes better off overall. nothing is preventing him from having any big sponsors. he just doesnt want it.

Jacob Gary

« Reply #155 on: October 11, 2018, 12:31:47 PM »
Maybe we can get those famous "Jerry" shirts made again, sell them to Jerry fans and donate the profits to Jerry. He'd never have to worry about money ever again.

Billy Bitchcakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 471
  • Q U I T E S T Y L I S H
« Reply #156 on: October 11, 2018, 12:33:24 PM »
During sex to prevent myself from ejaculating I think about Osama Bin Laden running my dick through a sewing machine.

baby dick

• Rep: 7
« Reply #157 on: October 11, 2018, 04:48:13 PM »
Maybe we can get those famous "Jerry" shirts made again, sell them to Jerry fans and donate the profits to Jerry. He'd never have to worry about money ever again.
lmaooooo which poster on here made those? who has the receipts

Jacob Gary

« Reply #158 on: October 11, 2018, 05:42:46 PM »
lk130 I think, I don't see him around here anymore.

gross_nerd

• Rep: -5
« Reply #159 on: October 11, 2018, 05:50:08 PM »
Bet

tura

• Rep: 45
« Reply #160 on: October 11, 2018, 06:01:52 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Sponsorship wise, Jerry should still be coasting off the Made 2 part through 2019 even though the song/edit did him no favors. Shit was comparable to what AVE did in Propeller if you consider career length/industry status.
[close]

Honestly, one or two fillers aside, that part was probably the best thing Jerry did since bag of suck, does not get the credit it deserves.
[close]

Completely forgot his part in Made 2 existed. Just rewatched and holy shit the song/edit doesn't do his skating any justice. I long for the days before music rights became an issue.
[close]

On this note, how is it possibly in the interest of a brand like Emerica not to put their videos online? Is it a music licensing issue? I'd be super keen to watch Made 2 but it doesn't seem to be online. If I were running a company, I would want all our video productions easily available online in HD (or good quality). Whats the point of making a video if its not accessible? No one is buying hard copies these days.
[close]

iTunes paywall homie. It's where a lot of the bigger budget videos go and yeah keeping it there forever is so fucking stupid that it's probably a contractual thing with Apple.
[close]
It's here:
https://www.redbull.com/int-en/tv/video/AP-1QVDTV2DS1W11/made-chapter-two?playlist=AP-1QVQ996DN1W11

Heath Kirchart looks like Howard Moon in his guest trick

nonickname

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 85
« Reply #161 on: October 11, 2018, 06:14:13 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
It's here:
[close]

Like a Jazz Dalek?
"Cheating is just another way of being prepared" - Coach McGuirk

shit4breakfast

• Rep: -15
« Reply #162 on: October 11, 2018, 10:36:21 PM »
just because this dude crushed it 10 years ago doesn't mean he's guaranteed a check lol

pabloalvarado

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -45
  • Elissa Steamer is a superstar.
« Reply #163 on: October 12, 2018, 12:29:00 PM »
My favorite Jerry ever is Made 2 Jerry. Awesome fits and just being awesome all around. He's the coolest black cat ever.  Also, I recently bought some Emericas at my local skate outlet including a pair of blue Reynolds 3. I like my blue Reynolds 3 that much that I don't want to skate them. :)

shit_for_brains

« Reply #164 on: October 12, 2018, 12:33:19 PM »
The Jerry shirts have been sitting in customs in Singapore because of a legal dispute over who owns the image of the image of the shirt on the shirt. A whole fucking ship of them I am so fucked.

tura

• Rep: 45
« Reply #165 on: October 12, 2018, 05:19:41 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
It's here:
[close]

[close]
Like a Jazz Dalek?

Yeah, leaping around out there with a bassoon taped to his head.

shripshrapper

• Rep: -21
  • Shane Heyl 2020 #GOATPOTUS
« Reply #166 on: October 12, 2018, 05:37:11 PM »
lk130 I think, I don't see him around here anymore.

He better not come round here anymore, or I'll give em one of THESE, and one of THESE!!

haydtang

• Rep: -20
« Reply #167 on: October 12, 2018, 07:20:15 PM »
people always say certain pros deserve to get paid to not do a whole lot because of their legacy. why not jerry hsu? what about someone like ba who rides for anti-hero and nike but barely puts out footage these days?
BA is gay bro its chill

Nosferatu

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 684
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #168 on: October 13, 2018, 10:29:34 AM »
Someone needs to bite the bullet and pay this man to skateboard. He has alot left to give. I would think Emerica would have just reduced his pay based on his lack of promotion. Still gotta be worth $1000 a month to have Jerry's name associated with your shoes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBeAM-Wx18Y
I thought it wasnt just him solo, shouldve stuck with my og thought.
R.I.P Rusty. One of us.

opinionated bastard

• Rep: -179
« Reply #169 on: December 17, 2018, 01:32:41 PM »
Jerry kicked OFF emerica

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1958
« Reply #170 on: December 17, 2018, 03:04:53 PM »
Jerry kicked OFF emerica

No you frickin idiot.

Lenny the Fatface

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 330
« Reply #171 on: December 17, 2018, 03:38:34 PM »
Jerry kicked OFF emerica

What the fuck are you talking about?

Sanka Coffie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 258
  • The best push-cart driver in all of Jamaica
« Reply #172 on: December 17, 2018, 03:40:46 PM »
Jerry kicked OFF emerica

Focus your entire life

ziggy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -220
« Reply #173 on: December 17, 2018, 03:49:12 PM »
Expand Quote
Jerry kicked OFF emerica
[close]

No you frickin idiot.

No, he’s right

it’s OFF, you cretins

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1958
« Reply #174 on: December 17, 2018, 05:16:28 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Jerry kicked OFF emerica
[close]

No you frickin idiot.
[close]

No, he’s right

it’s OFF, you cretins

No it’s not you frickin idiot

shripshrapper

• Rep: -21
  • Shane Heyl 2020 #GOATPOTUS
« Reply #175 on: December 17, 2018, 05:48:49 PM »
SAY OFF AGAIN

C. R. E. A. M

• Rep: -74
« Reply #176 on: December 17, 2018, 07:16:02 PM »
No surprise here most skate companies want you to have a legit board sponsor..so they can get free promotion in said board companies ads and videos..

planman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 373
  • Morpheus drinking a 40 in a death basket
« Reply #177 on: December 17, 2018, 07:42:02 PM »
The original video in the first post was removed, and on the podcasts site it says the current version is v2.0 and the filename says "redacted"

do we know what was removed?
There was a thread about it but I think it might've gotten deleted? They basically just cut out the part where Jerry was saying the vibe of the Supreme stores was lame and he didn't like going there.

I saw your mom do a ollie to cooch drop straight down the big black pole, it was gnarly. she defiantly shut that shit down

OpinionatedBastard69

• Rep: -15
« Reply #178 on: December 18, 2018, 09:19:07 AM »