Author Topic: Meeting your high school bully as an adult?  (Read 5916 times)

Skate_lurker_Rob

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -48
  • Do it yourself or someone else will fuck it up!
Meeting your high school bully as an adult?
« on: May 29, 2018, 10:48:02 AM »
Long story okay if you skip sections however it gets good. So as some may know and not I use to be an army brat moved constantly took forever to meet skate friends was small bullies always had a target for stealing shit or picking on me also some places had no skate shops this was from 87' to 94' I had moved quite extensively throughout the states. I lived in NYC upperwest side and loved the New Engand area for raw streets and always a few kids to kick it with. Now I lived in plenty of other backwooods shitholes such as Huntsville Arab Groton New London also Chattanooga but during these times I'd skate my ass off. as the title goes I met my HS bully a few years back in AL. Joey Walker real piece of work redneck as fuck stole my board throughout HS and wouldn't skate it basically set my shit on fire and brag and bring the rubble of steel and polyurethane at my feet. So was passing through the south and stopped by Arab area to show off spots to my wife and few friends skating with me. We end up at a bar a friend I guess owns now and we are hooked up with a place for the weekend Siked right?! Well at the end of the bar sat this short turd your atypical drunkard who hated going home to see his kids and his old lady I asked bartender like who is that  why does he look familiar? Oh that's so and so Joey didn't you guys have beef? I'm like yeah went over and sized him up hey you alright ? you remember me? he looks at me and the moment most people don't want to realize is how bad they feel for being a shithead he already looked like he was welling up from his own stress/bs at home he looked at me and said I'm so sorry for being a dick to you and pulled out a wad of money, I looked at him no dude all I ever wanted was this moment here for you to realize what you've done wrong to me. in all honesty I did want to fuck him up on sight but my head said just wait see what happens and you might like the results..... In summation if your brain tells you something is possible go for it, if not wait and build yourself up to conquer all things including bullies
Sic Gorgiamus Allos Subjectatos Nunc

PPPPFFFFFFFFFFFTTTTT I fart on your pillow bare ass

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
Re: Meeting your high school bully as an adult?
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2018, 12:13:49 PM »
You did the right thing. Fuck what happened way back when you're the winner now.

Skate_lurker_Rob

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2018, 12:28:50 PM »
I thought this was going to be a dead thread, as in most dudes won't admit they were bullied somewhat throughout life or were too cool to admit the possibility of being picked on or were the bully in certain ways. I'll admit I have heckled and bullied a few drug dealers out of a park but thats because they were lazy to wak through my line while skating. gtfo my way is my go to and shit gets rowdy well get outta the park.

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1960
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2018, 05:24:30 PM »
Not much of a story, but my highschool had a typical football jock idiot who would always try and start fights with me. It was so unwarranted I don't even remember the dude's name. Either way I saw him a couple years ago when I stopped in my hometown and he had to get around in one of those electric carts because he gained a shitton of weight. Not that I'm happy for his fate or anything, but it goes to show how irrelevant people are who go out of their way to be dickheads to you.

Thrillho

• Rep: 133
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2018, 12:18:57 AM »
Delivered a couple pizzas to a trailer a year or so out of high school. Middle age guy, acting super nice, invites me in and gives me a five. Kid I recognized from a class came out of the back room.

He was a year younger than me, and would try to mess with me. I wasn't afraid of him so much as the consequences of beating him, but he would sit behind me and fuck with me on occasion. Throw stuff, pop me in the back with rubber bands.

When he comes out and sees me he looks away immediately. This was a tiny 2 bedroom trailer with at least 6 people living in it. As he walks up behind the older guy, guessing kid's step dad or something the like, to grab the pizzas, dude says "get the plates", and as kid turns guy grabs his head and shoves him forward knocking him into the kitchen table. Kid kinda laughs it off nervously. Older guy looks at me like, "can you believe this?"

Makes sense, I guess.

fulfillthedream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 313
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2018, 03:18:17 AM »
ha funny replies. this isnt really a bully just a funny story of seeing someone who was popular and cool after hs;

i saw adrian lopez at a circa demo and took a photo.. i used the photo for a assignment and this girl took the photo and told me " i ripped it in half and kept the other dude and threw your photo away" and i was kinda bumed but not really cause i didnt like her or anything but she was one of the hotter/cool girls..

a good 8 years later im working at a sporting good store during college and i see her pregnant with this fat dude - she recognized me what i was upto , filled each other in and she was like "yeah i just ended up getting knocked up" and seemed pretty sad over all
Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[

shark tits

« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2018, 04:32:19 AM »
my next door neighbor growing up was a few yrs older than me but short for his age. we were halfway troublemakers already but he pushed us to really be menaces.
he was legitimately gnarly, he'd reach out the window of a moving car and punch a bicyclist in the back and fight people his own age but he was always quick to punch us.
we had a rope swing in my yard and another neighborhood kid and he were sharing the hose/handle and he let go on purpose so the other kid would fall.
when he fell, he broek both his arms but dude just punched him in both arms for 20 minutes like 'don't be a pussy'.
dude wanted me to sneak him drugs in jail and was all threatening when i told him piss up a rope.
he had some giant settlement because the cops beat him up on video in the jail and i never heard of him for about 15 yrs.
about 4-5 yrs ago i seen that he od'd [rips on fb] and  i just thought, couldn't have happened to a better person.

oh, one time at like midnight i see him fly out his back door and do that cartwheel over the railing and take the 2 story drop a few steps ahead of his dad swinging a tennis racquet. i guess that's where it came from but fuck that dude anyways.

Skate_lurker_Rob

« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2018, 04:46:24 AM »
Delivered a couple pizzas to a trailer a year or so out of high school. Middle age guy, acting super nice, invites me in and gives me a five. Kid I recognized from a class came out of the back room.

He was a year younger than me, and would try to mess with me. I wasn't afraid of him so much as the consequences of beating him, but he would sit behind me and fuck with me on occasion. Throw stuff, pop me in the back with rubber bands.

When he comes out and sees me he looks away immediately. This was a tiny 2 bedroom trailer with at least 6 people living in it. As he walks up behind the older guy, guessing kid's step dad or something the like, to grab the pizzas, dude says "get the plates", and as kid turns guy grabs his head and shoves him forward knocking him into the kitchen table. Kid kinda laughs it off nervously. Older guy looks at me like, "can you believe this?"

Makes sense, I guess.
I will admit through everything even though I wasn't socially affable I was a class clown that did dumb shit but never warranted the shit end of bullying, I mean we're young and don't know shit and I have since apologized to the dudes I'd annoy.
ha funny replies. this isnt really a bully just a funny story of seeing someone who was popular and cool after hs;

i saw adrian lopez at a circa demo and took a photo.. i used the photo for a assignment and this girl took the photo and told me " i ripped it in half and kept the other dude and threw your photo away" and i was kinda bumed but not really cause i didnt like her or anything but she was one of the hotter/cool girls..

a good 8 years later im working at a sporting good store during college and i see her pregnant with this fat dude - she recognized me what i was upto , filled each other in and she was like "yeah i just ended up getting knocked up" and seemed pretty sad over all
Yeah I seen a few girls I thought maybe I'd have a chance with but they ended up being miserable old wretches from kids to old man being a methhead and prison so you can see that kinda beauty they use to have but the stress has caused them to look like shit...... Pulled a Dr. Rockso Dayyyyyyyummmmmmm you gottttt old and fat............ a few times the woman looked bummed like yeah that happens.... Don't feel bad at all in the words of David Wood from Dazed and Confused I get older they stay the same age,
 21 to 30 no kids and no plans for them.......

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -717
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2018, 09:40:16 AM »
I'm sure they are in terrible shape and live shitty lives. Probably on their second wife or some shit.

ChuckRamone

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 528
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2018, 10:32:51 AM »
high school bullies are usually early bloomers who hit puberty in like elementary school and pick on all the smallest of the prepubescent runts. this also means they peak in high school which is why they almost all look like shit by the time they’re 25. and it’s also why they stop being bullies: people eventually catch up to and pass them in physicality. but on the Internet where anyone can be a bully is a different story.

offkilter

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 263
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2018, 10:43:36 AM »
Highschool football jocks generally turn out to become fat.

Baron Samedi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 372
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2018, 10:56:25 AM »
Where I'm from, surfers and skaters are the jocky assholes. I actually got bullied the most by other skaters when I was in high school.

Beeda Weeda

« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2018, 12:58:19 PM »
a group of 4 guys jumped me and beat the shit out of me in a bathroom of a boston pizzaq back in 2005, 1 died of a heroin overdose back in 2016, one is a pimp who is in and out of jail constantly on drug and human trafficking charges, one sees me in public and turns away immediately in shame, and one ran away to BC  to hide from his past.

HyenaChaser

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 226
« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2018, 02:17:32 PM »
Where I'm from, surfers and skaters are the jocky assholes. I actually got bullied the most by other skaters when I was in high school.

San Diego?
You know I thought these forums were a for skating not discussing fetishes

Baron Samedi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 372
« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2018, 02:18:44 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

San Diego?
Santa Cruz

fulltechnicalskizzy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1936
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2018, 05:13:01 PM »
I didn't realize until I was in my early 20's that I was kinda a bully growing up. I was never big or thought I was better than anyone, I just talked a lot of shit and sometimes to kids who didn't have it in them to talk shit back. I feel really bad about it and there is definitely one kid in particular that I really never want to see again because I am so ashamed and embarrassed about how I treated him. If I ever run into him I will probably try to laugh it off as just kid shit but if he were to be really direct and honest with me about how bad I made him feel I would probably call him a faggot and all my friends will laugh

fulfillthedream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 313
« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2018, 10:48:47 PM »
I didn't realize until I was in my early 20's that I was kinda a bully growing up. I was never big or thought I was better than anyone, I just talked a lot of shit and sometimes to kids who didn't have it in them to talk shit back. I feel really bad about it and there is definitely one kid in particular that I really never want to see again because I am so ashamed and embarrassed about how I treated him. If I ever run into him I will probably try to laugh it off as just kid shit but if he were to be really direct and honest with me about how bad I made him feel I would probably call him a faggot and all my friends will laugh

you should let him get one clean punch to your face
Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[

botefdunn

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 714
« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2018, 11:30:55 PM »
There was this dude who was part of my group of friends in high school, i thought he was wack but i was always decent to him. He tried to fight me a handful of times at parties i think because he knew i wouldn't fight back, i just didn't give a shit about him and im not a violent person, though i can't deny it was hard on the ego getting shoved around in front of people.
Anyway, years later i run into him and he wants to reminisce about old times and tell me what hes doing now, he gets all coked up and maudlin and has this little break down where he tells me how i always bullied him in high school but now he forgives me. Skateboarding is still so much better than most things.

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 857
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2018, 09:15:23 AM »

Makes sense, I guess.

That's pretty sad.

If you want to get an idea of how people in your community are living, deliver pizza. I did it for a while and enjoyed it for the most part, but there were some real characters I met.

I never had any real enemies growing up, but there are people that I still think are pieces of shit because of how they were back in the day. I've heard from some of my friends that they've ran into some of these guys and one or two have said they were real dicks back then and regret it. I don't keep tabs on anyone though.

There was one kid who I knew had a real abusive dad and every time I saw him he had a backpack full of clothes so he didn't have to go home. I never had an issue with him but my brother told me that him and a few other shit heads jumped him in the back seat of a car and smashed him over there head with a weed grinder over like 60 bucks. All the kids who did it were in jail for B&Es when my brother told me about it but I was fumed. I saw the backpack kid a few years later at the gas station and he wouldn't look my direction. I'm nothing in a fight but he is smaller than me but even knowing I had the odds I didn't do anything because I knew he grew up with a shitty situation and I honestly hoped he was doing the right thing for himself. Another beating wouldn't have taught him anything.

QueeferMadness

• Rep: -343
  • Don't Fear The Queefer
« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2018, 09:46:33 AM »
Only nerds and dweebs get bullied.

Sort yourselves out.

shark tits

« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2018, 11:05:03 AM »
Only nerds and dweebs get bullied.

Sort yourselves out.
mike tyson had a bully
and gershon

pugmaster

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1592
  • Overweight and Underprepared
« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2018, 06:32:54 PM »
Life is pretty wild. The context of people's backgrounds really give perspective.  I have few experiences dealing with "bullies".  One was a woman who never gave me the light of day in high school. When I was 22 I went to an Applebee's and she was the waitress.  Felt good.

Another time was when I went to a "kick back" and the brother of a friend (of over 15 years) punched me for saying I didn't want his haircut because I would look like him. I learned later his older brother (my friend) got into it with him. After he punched me I didn't try to fight him but tried to rectify the situation as he did not knock me down and I was bigger than him.  I can be blunt at times and was inebriated but he did not accept my olive leaf.  His brother was even bigger than me, I felt bad after learning about the outcome for the interaction we had.  I think overall, weird interactions in childhood are best met with an adult perspective when we encounter them later.
"...We got the nuclear worm over here..."

Never forget:
Rusty_Berrings, 360 frip, Yapple Dapple, Bubblegum Tate

doublesteveburger

« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2018, 02:25:56 AM »
If I wasn't a fat kid in high school I would have never listened to punk rock.

Skate_lurker_Rob

« Reply #23 on: June 01, 2018, 06:38:19 AM »
If I wasn't a fat kid in high school I would have never listened to punk rock.

What do you mean?

GOKU

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 113
« Reply #24 on: June 02, 2018, 06:40:41 PM »
Actually pretty damn relevant to this thread:

Anyone watched the new YouTube Red series, Cobra Kai? It's a continuation of The Karate Kid, set in present day. I binge watched it and was NOT expecting to enjoy it as much as I did, it's really damn good. They make you very sympathetic toward Johnny Lawrence's character, although he is still also a bit of a dickhead (in the most lovable way possible).

Fuck YouTube Red, obviously, but you can just get a free trial and cancel it after you watch the series. The first two episodes are also free to watch!

Noble Experiment

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 284
« Reply #25 on: June 02, 2018, 08:05:45 PM »
There was this dude who used to fuck with me so bad in 10th grade gym class, constantly picking on me and trying his hardest to make me look like a chump at all times. The funny thing is he skated, and when he found out I skated too he started treating me a bit better but he was still a pretty big dick to me overall. Cut to two years or so after graduation, I get a random message from him asking me if I wanted to go skate with him one of these days. At first I was a bit reluctant but I eventually agreed. We ended up meeting up at one of my favorite red curb and manny pad spots and skated all day, we played like ten games of skate that day too, and he was super nice the whole time. Turns out he was actually a pretty rad dude underneath his bully facade. We ended up skating a lot together after that day and are still good friends to this day. He doesn't skate too often these days because of work but I still see him around here and there. It's funny because even to this day I've never brought up to him anything about how he used to be such a big bully to me, even after we started skating together and became friends, and he's never brought it up either, we kinda just pretend it never was a thing; I feel like he'd probably be pretty embarrassed if I brought it up. High school kids will be high school kids sometimes ya know? Some feel the need to have some sort of tough kid/bully front, but the good ones always shed that mentality as they get older and eventually realize just how lame they were.

MadPanda

• Rep: -5
  • "Don't give up on your dream. Keep sleeping."
« Reply #26 on: June 03, 2018, 12:02:28 AM »
Luckily I never had to deal with bullies, especially in high school. My high school was rather peaceful and calm. Just graduated about 2 weeks ago in fact. Truth is everyone in my graduation class wanted to get the fuck out and be done with it.

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 857
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #27 on: June 03, 2018, 02:31:33 PM »
There was this dude who used to fuck with me so bad in 10th grade gym class, constantly picking on me and trying his hardest to make me look like a chump at all times. The funny thing is he skated, and when he found out I skated too he started treating me a bit better but he was still a pretty big dick to me overall. Cut to two years or so after graduation, I get a random message from him asking me if I wanted to go skate with him one of these days. At first I was a bit reluctant but I eventually agreed. We ended up meeting up at one of my favorite red curb and manny pad spots and skated all day, we played like ten games of skate that day too, and he was super nice the whole time. Turns out he was actually a pretty rad dude underneath his bully facade. We ended up skating a lot together after that day and are still good friends to this day. He doesn't skate too often these days because of work but I still see him around here and there. It's funny because even to this day I've never brought up to him anything about how he used to be such a big bully to me, even after we started skating together and became friends, and he's never brought it up either, we kinda just pretend it never was a thing; I feel like he'd probably be pretty embarrassed if I brought it up. High school kids will be high school kids sometimes ya know? Some feel the need to have some sort of tough kid/bully front, but the good ones always shed that mentality as they get older and eventually realize just how lame they were.

I had a kid like that in one of my ninth grade classes. I wore nothing but lakai's all through high school and he would always tease me about my shoes for whatever reason. he was friends with the kid who was the best skater in the school and for some shitty reason, their crew were kinda dicks to me and my friends for a little while. He would just pick on me whatever way he could, then tell about these really sick spots that only him and his friends knew, but would never tell me where they were (probably didn't exist). Finally years later we all got along but it took me a while before I actually liked the kid.

Fast forward a few years later, I run into him at the bar the night before St. Patricks day and he comes up to me all excited to talk about skating. Shows me some photos of a mini him and his buddies built in someones garage and says I should come skate it with him sometime. We had a good time over some beers and he told me how stoked he was for St. Patricks day. He was going to shave his head into a mohawk and dye his hair green and get wasted. Next night I'm back at the same bar and someone asks me "Do you know So-and-so? He died today in a car crash." It was him. I guess he got really drunk early on and hit a car in midday traffic and a cop saw him do it. Instead of pulling over he sped off and drove off the road into a tree a few miles down the road. People said that he did have the green mohawk. I was so bummed and couldn't believe it when I heard it. I had just seen him the day before and it was the first time I was genuinely happy to be around him.

Frosty178

• Rep: 6
« Reply #28 on: June 03, 2018, 03:01:51 PM »
The kid that was a dick to me in secondary school was still exactly the same years later when I saw him in a bar. What a tool. Bus fodder.

MOE SYZLAK

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 824
  • "I never got to taste cantaloupe"
    • Cassette Skate Shop avatar image
« Reply #29 on: June 03, 2018, 03:27:18 PM »
I was bullied a bunch in school by a particular group of the cooler jock type of guys. I was a pretty nerdy kid into skating, punk music and comic book shit so I can say I was a pretty easy target.
One of the dudes knocked up some bimbo and is stuck hating life.
Other dude was an alcoholic and died of a heart attack a year or so back.
And I saw the other one working at Taco Bell not too long ago.
These dudes made my life a living hell for a real long time.
It does suck for the family of the dude that died.
But I believe eventually you get what’s coming to you